Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,345 members, 7,811,994 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections (17838 Views)

How Rufus Akeju Coordinated The Rigging Of Oyo State Elections / Breaking News Inec Declares Imo State Elections Inconclusive / ‘We Want Christian Governor In Lagos’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Itoroetti(m): 9:36pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva: In Lagos, we don't care whether the governor is a Christian or Muslim. Mr Folarin or whatever you call yourself, if you don't like it, go back to your village.

Are u from lagos ?are u a yoruba man?
Wetin concern man with woman dress?

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by ABsI1: 9:37pm On Jun 09, 2013
Olagunsoye otinlola,Gbenga Daniel,segun oni,adebayo christopher alao akala d bleacher,segun agagu were xtian governors. Please mr busybody cleric what results did they give? F9 Parallels. Even the work of God committed into ur filthy hands how have u performed it? Anoda F9 performance. U are a disgrace like ur busybody mammon serving so called CAN president oritsejafor. I hiss. Fork off mr man and stick ur forking opinion up ur dirty harse

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 09, 2013
Akpan107: Lagos 2015: it must be a Christian governor or no lagos!!!
If this silly comment came from the north, you would be shouting blue murder
Bigotry transcends tribe

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by ABsI1: 9:43pm On Jun 09, 2013
ideycraze?:
What sort of a cleric is this? Oga,stop heating up the polity.CAN should call this man to order.
CAN can suck my joystick,CAN my harse. I lost all respect for CAN d moment dat mammon loving oritsejafor bcame their forking president

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Itoroetti(m): 9:43pm On Jun 09, 2013
jjcbuthot: What is this retardeen called cleric expecting from a xtian gov in Lagos? The criminals that we chase out of power in Ogun (Daniel), Oyo (Alao Akala), Osun (Oyinlola), and Ekiti (Oni), are they not xtians? Will any of the states mentioned above ever want anything associated with those characters in their states again?

These so called xtians clerics are so dull and very lazy thinkers. Anyway, it is when people don't fit anywhere that they go into religion as a means of livelihood.

And if we have to base voting on religion, how many states in SW will have any xtian in government?

Ur a big blind cow
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 09, 2013
Ekiti has NEVER had a Muslim governor
Tlake: Why must we always bring religion into evrytin its devastatn,Ogun ,Ibadan,ondo,ekiti shuld all ask for christian govs 2,its nonsense wat we want is good governance
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Tunsbobo(m): 9:45pm On Jun 09, 2013
To hear these kind of comments from a cleric is absolutely normal, most clerics are naive, judgemental and totally brainless; they dont apply reason and science in the construction of a social order, rather they relegate themselves to tradition and religion. Worst part is, they extend their naivity to their congregation weekly, and the Press
Punchline: This man should be arrested, prosecuted and hanged for an attempt to stir up a religious war amongst lagosians, hence Treason!
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by ABsI1: 9:47pm On Jun 09, 2013
duality:

My friend, speak for yourself. there are lots who do care. if no one cares as you think this story will not arise. Lagos is lucky to have an administrator who is prudent with religious issues. if Lagos had someone like senator Yerima as Gov, you will know that Lagosians are Nigerians who take religion seriously.
will u shut dat filthy gob of urs. Oritsejafor pikin

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by teskyg: 9:49pm On Jun 09, 2013
Mostly Islamic Bigots screaming here cos you are favoured here.Most percentage of people calling for GEJ head are Muslims.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by creserve: 9:51pm On Jun 09, 2013
The cleric is either campaigning for someone or he is a potential Boko Haram(extrimist)He needs to be closely monitored!

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by jjcbuthot: 9:51pm On Jun 09, 2013
olu_kenzo :

Afam, can you atleast be honourable for once? Is it too much to ask?

@Topic, Religion is the opium of the people. What has the religion of an administrator got to do with his performance in office. Has Fashola favoured muslims more in governing Lagos? Have we had christians who were asked not to do anything because they are christians?

No apologies, but Mr Folarin did not appear to be God fearing in his bigoted speech.

Religion is the opium of the poor people - and villagers who dont have a clue about what life hold for them. Majority of Lagosians apart from those villagers from SE who smuggled themselves into Lagos, are not in this class.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by adeban01(m): 9:52pm On Jun 09, 2013
If Mr Folarin wants leadership positions to be rotated between muslim and christians I want to let him know that the muslims have been more patient than the christians.Despite the large population of muslims in southwest Nigeria,all the seven ministers in Jonathans cabinet from the southwest are christians.If the muslims of south west Nigeria decided not no make noise about it the issue about a christian being a Lagos governor will be decided at the polls not in the church,

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Pataki: 9:53pm On Jun 09, 2013
Is this not the same mindless religious foolishness that Nigerians had when voting in that drunkard from Otueke?

Is it not in this same Nigeria, that a so-called Christian President blatantly refused to say amen to a prayer against corruption in a church building? Who is fooling who?

Foolish devils hiding in religious cloaks.

3 Likes

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Horo(m): 9:56pm On Jun 09, 2013
Thank God all u guys are responding this way because good governance has little or nothing to do with religion or tribe I hope one day this will be cascaded to the national level where we will all put our diff aside and vote for a credible person.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by wirinet(m): 9:56pm On Jun 09, 2013
Me too i am calling for a Muslim first lady for once Must lagos first ladies always be Christians? I think the supreme council of Muslims should look into this case of marginalization.

3 Likes

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by born2fuckpussy: 9:57pm On Jun 09, 2013
Religious is mental disorder, either christian or muslim. I thank God for my life, na direct service from home to God. Nothing religious in my dictionary. I no dey go church, I no dey go mosque, I no dey go babalawo house. But I get bible and english qua ran for my phone. That's enough

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by 99cent: 10:07pm On Jun 09, 2013
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by jaso1(m): 10:11pm On Jun 09, 2013
It's true that many of Nigeria pastors are in the religion for enterprises.
The foolish man that's calling for christian governor in Lagos state is nothing but Boko haram member because this is how it started. By the time this mumu man spread this dirty idea accross the state, some who share same brain with him will not know that in the East there has never been a muslim Governor and people there never shout foul. In Ogun state there has never be a muslim governor and they are happy. i think this kind of people, whom embrace pastoria job due to laziness or government inability to provide adequate job should be submited for psychatric test. there could be something missing in his brain. what does religion got to do with efficiency and effectiveness? this is madness and these religions are our major problem in this country not corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Bashirfuntua(m): 10:15pm On Jun 09, 2013
i wonder if it's one of muslim sheik that make such comment by now i for don logout befor nairaland go explode. This cleric must be member of boko haram
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Bsmartt(m): 10:20pm On Jun 09, 2013
the so called GOVERNORS all have a devoted xtain as wife.that shows how tolerant they are.so mr pastor please let any good person no matter the religion succeed uncle tunde.Peace

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Katsumoto: 10:24pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva: In Lagos, we don't care whether the governor is a Christian or Muslim. Mr Folarin or whatever you call yourself, if you don't like it, go back to your village.

Afam

Very correct

After the tenure of Fashola, Lagosians should be more concerned about getting a more capable hand as governor and not whether he is a Muslim, Xtian, or Pagan.

I don't get why Nigerians bother with all sort of silly classifications.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Samxiulee: 10:24pm On Jun 09, 2013
This man should encourage more xtians to be involved in politics,av been in a party meeting in my ward and 90% of the ppl there were Muslims,we xtians feels politics is too dirty and dnt want to get involve,if we dnt get involve,who is going to clean it up.btw we just dnt give a Zap about religion here in sw.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 09, 2013
Mr CLERIC..u the biggest F.O.O.L i ever heard of.. in this century, this jet age, U now saying rubbish from your bucal cavity...what does it matter if the governor is a budhist, say a satanist sef..who cares the religion, all that matters most is what he's got to offer

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Akpan107(m): 10:28pm On Jun 09, 2013
Bsmartt: the so called GOVERNORS all have a devoted xtain as wife.that shows how tolerant they are.so mr pastor please let any good person no matter the religion succeed uncle tunde.Peace
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by bobthebuilder99(m): 10:31pm On Jun 09, 2013
Don't bring this religious nonsense to Lagos. Keep that in the North and SE.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by tunfeek: 10:32pm On Jun 09, 2013
Ganys: Hmmm.. I CANT BELIEVE PEOPLE ARE NOT MAKING COMMENTS shocked shocked shocked, IMAGINE SAY NA SHEIK GUMI MADE THE CALL FOR A MUSLIM GOVERNOR IN PLATEAU STATE, THIS THREAD FOR DON REACH PAGE 20 CURSING AND DISTORTING ISLAM... GOD PASS UNA tongue tongue
USELESS BIGOTS angry angry angry angry
gbam
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Katsumoto: 10:39pm On Jun 09, 2013
bobthebuilder99: Don't bring this religious nonsense to Lagos. Keep that in the North and SE.

Is religion an issue in the SE?
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 09, 2013
Katsumoto:

Afam

Very correct

After the tenure of Fashola, Lagosians should be more concerned about getting a more capable hand as governor and not whether he is a Muslim, Xtian, or Pagan.

I don't get why Nigerians bother with all sort of silly classifications.

Afam4eva:
Mr Folarin or whatever you call yourself, if
you don't like it, go back to your village.

Afam was being mischievous with that comment. It was a lame attempt at sarcasm. We know where he stands.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Kingspin(m): 11:03pm On Jun 09, 2013
The man is entitle to his own opinion like you before u start to drag ur watery month we know what is happening in this country use ur head oo.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Katsumoto: 11:04pm On Jun 09, 2013
olu_kenzo :

Afam was being mischievous with that comment. It was a lame attempt at sarcasm. We know where he stands.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ok, I get you.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by willyfrench(m): 11:05pm On Jun 09, 2013
In my opinion your average muslim is a tad more disciplined and accountable than your average christian (from personal experience) so a muslim at the helm of affairs of this great state is sort of a good thing. That being said, if someone is proven to be efficient, reliable and accountable then he/she can be voted to steer the affairs of the people devoid of religious affiliation. Good governance is what matters and nothing else.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by jjcbuthot: 11:06pm On Jun 09, 2013
Katsumoto:

Is religion an issue in the SE?

Igbos are no 1 religious psychopaths in Nigeria - they are one causing crisis in the north with their religious bigotry even though an average Igbo is criminal in mind.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Boko Haram Killed My Brother - Sheriff / Anambra North PDP Vow To Kick Out Obiano In 2017 Governorship Election / President Buhari Assents To Banks And Other Financial Institution Act 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.