Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections (17846 Views)

How Rufus Akeju Coordinated The Rigging Of Oyo State Elections / Breaking News Inec Declares Imo State Elections Inconclusive / ‘We Want Christian Governor In Lagos’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by BetaThings: 9:10am On Jun 10, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Actually Christians are more liberal and tolerant than Muslims.

I challenge you to a debate in the bolded
!

Uyi Iredia:
Muslims tend to be conservative. They don't engage in beauty pageants, fashion shows and sports (eg swimming or gymnastics) or reality TV shows since this involves what they consider indecent.

Muslims also do not support homosexuality. If Christians of today love things that Jesus Christ would have frowned at, Muslims should not be blamed for refusing out of conviction and commitment to their religion to follow degrading and ephemeral ideas

Uyi Iredia:
Islamic terror groups are well-known.

These Christian terror groups are also well known
IRA in the UK
LRA in Uganda/Congo
Hutaree in the US
NLFT in India
The American Army in Iraq

[quote author=Uyi Iredia]
The Religion section DOESN'T include a warning against posts offensive to Christianity but we find that in the Islam For Muslims thread.

Christianity in Nigeria is a religion based on propaganda and mischief
Yes the Islam section USED TO have that because the CHRISTIAN moderators asked the owner of Nairaland to put that warning
What is the idea? - that Muslims would react violently to offensive posts. That is a clear FALSEHOOD
Muslims are the most insulted religious groups on Nairaland. If you dispute it, I challenge you again to a statistics-based debate on the matter.
We don't abuse Christians. There is no need to because Islam teaches decorum. But Christians typically use the threat of curses to silence those who abuse their priests. Muslims don't threaten abusive people and just caution them for indecent language or report them to moderators which is the established procedure on NL

3 Likes

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by BetaThings: 9:20am On Jun 10, 2013
Katsumoto:

You can read the mind of many Christian leaders?

Based on what CAN said about the change of name in Osun state, minds are becoming clearer to read
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by tobnical(m): 9:23am On Jun 10, 2013
danjkad: Wit due respect sir, U̶̲̥̅̊ ar a big fool, in shut, biggest fool ℓ̊ 've ever seen.
Wat ar U̶̲̥̅̊ tryin 2 do? Stir up a religious war in Lagos? God no go gree 4 U̶̲̥̅̊.
guy, u hv gone beyond ur limit. Why call him fool? Lagos is where the HQ of more dan 70% of the biggest churches in Nigeria are located. i don't think is a bad idea to hav a christian governor. Fasola and Tinubu are neutral pple. Dats why dere has bn no prob in Lagos since. Who knws d type of person dat will take over nxt.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by chukwumafabian(m): 9:24am On Jun 10, 2013
Ganys: Hmmm.. I CANT BELIEVE PEOPLE ARE NOT MAKING COMMENTS shocked shocked shocked, IMAGINE SAY NA SHEIK GUMI MADE THE CALL FOR A MUSLIM GOVERNOR IN PLATEAU STATE, THIS THREAD FOR DON REACH PAGE 20 CURSING AND DISTORTING ISLAM... GOD PASS UNA tongue tongue
USELESS BIGOTS angry angry angry angry
Oga,can U̶̲̥̅̊ can @ least c dat even fellow xtians r condemin d man,bt if ɪ̣̝̇τ̲̅ were a muslim cleric,pple lyk U̶̲̥̅̊ wil neva condem him
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by switchmax8: 9:35am On Jun 10, 2013
what hs christian got to do with Lagos state governorship? we have a christian president what has he able to do? pls,we should leave religion out of politics.
“The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession.”
― Abraham Lincoln, Speeches and Writings, 1832-1858

We need religion leaders that can make changes to this country take the bull by the horn and fight the draconian govt we have to a stand still until we have a change of govt that will benefit all the citizens not few that we have been having.History told us religious leaders were the one that made europe and asia what it is today but in africa,we keep praying paying tithes and offering to churches.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by BetaThings: 9:38am On Jun 10, 2013
tpia@:

i was responding to lagosshia's post, which was an open attack on christians.

yes, christians are known for tolerance, its not necessarily a good thing.

Christian tolerance is a myth, esp in Nigeria.

tpia@:
like i said, anything you pull up can be matched thread for thread with anti-christian ones opened by muslims.
Please let us do it. I dare you to begin. For every anti-Christian thread started by a Muslim that you bring up, I will bring 3 anti-muslim thread started by Christian. And I can assure you, you will be exhausted first

tpia@:

my stay on nairaland has shown me there are hateful intolerant people, end of.
if you are hateful and intolerant by nature, you're hateful and intolerant, religion can just provide a cover for you to justify your criminality and genetic makeup, that's all.

However, Muslims are not judged by their nature as human beings. They are judged by their religion

tpia@:

i dont always pay attention to what makes front page and i barely visit religion these days, so i have no idea what you mean.
This statement contradicts your assertion that anything Muslims pull up would be matched by Christians.
Anyway, what opinion did you form when you USED to visit religion section
BTW I once stumbled on a religious thread you opened that made front page - it was clean, decent, no abuse directed at Christianity. at least not by Muslims. The difference is clear

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by yomexp(m): 9:40am On Jun 10, 2013
please o all this fanatics should leave south west alone.

our ethnicity is stronger than any religous affiliation. i dont bleeping care what his religious affiliation is, as long as he is a YORUBA man that can deliver.

and let me say here that am very satisfied with the kind of response have read so far.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:43am On Jun 10, 2013
yomexp: please o all this fanatics should leave south west alone.

our ethnicity is stronger than any religous affiliation. i dont bleeping care what his religious affiliation is, as long as he is a YORUBA man that can deliver.

and let me say here that am very satisfied with the kind of response have read so far.

The GODS Bless You! cool
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by ideycraze: 9:44am On Jun 10, 2013
tobnical: guy, u hv gone beyond ur limit. Why call him fool? Lagos is where the HQ of more dan 70% of the biggest churches in Nigeria are located. i don't think is a bad idea to hav a christian governor. Fasola and Tinubu are neutral pple. Dats why dere has bn no prob in Lagos since. Who knws d type of person dat will take over nxt.

Must you comment at all? Your reason to have a Christian governor is not only fooolish but also stewpid.
When has having headquarters of churches in a state become a criteria for selecting a governor?
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:45am On Jun 10, 2013
i dont get why my post has been deleted. ofcourse it is the usual discrimination against Pagans by Mods.

I repeat, christians have NO right to ask for a christian governor.

WE NEED A TRADITIONALIST GOVERNOR! angry
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 10, 2013
CHRISTIAN FOR ALAUSA 2015.....SPEAK YOUR GRAMMARS...ARGUMENTS, LOGICAL POINTS, YOU'RE ALL ON YOUR OWN...COME 2015 WE WANT A CHRISTIAN IN ALAUSA...PERIOD! GIVE US A CHRISTIAN WHO CAN DELIVER! NOT ONE WHO CROSS CARPETED (PORTED) FROM THE OTHER RELIGION...LOBATAN KO SI ARIWO, KO SI IJA...WE CAN EVEN HAVE A MUSLIM FIRST LADY NO PROBLEM!
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by ideycraze: 9:48am On Jun 10, 2013
goodtalk: I cant seem to remember when last a christian ever was a governor of lagos state it looks like forever, at least i know buba mawa was a muslim an tinubu ruled 8yrs and his boy fashola is ruling for 8yrs, so agregating the 3 persons, its almost twenty straight years of muslims ruling in lagos, haba! And people are saying its of no relevance to ask for a christian governor come 2015, my friend u guys must be joking, if u feel a good governor material cannot emmernate from the christian fold that can rule lagos well, if i may ask self is lagos a muslim state? Whats the population of christians to muslim in lagos? Your answer is as good as mine,na christians plenty pass and so why cant we ask for a christian governor, i remember some years back that tinubu while he was governor impounded t'he ikeja land of a major church in nigeria, and why was that? Ask me ? I dont know why, the land was not encrouching on the roads and it had c of o, if na christian governor he wont have done that. tinubu listen up! Select and present a christian candidate for the guba polls on acn plartform or very soon you will begin to feel the anger of our God. Hisssssssssssssssi

You need to download the latest version of your brain to be able to right sensible comments

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Sealeddeal(m): 10:05am On Jun 10, 2013
i think that muslims in lagos are not only people that loves lagos.Although religion should not be the major thing to consider in issues of leadership,there is a need to give special consideration to nigeria scenario. In Nigeria,Igbos for example are provoked using the fact that they are in large number but have not ruled nigeria like other major ethnic group and as such,you will discover that one day,Christians in lagos will be made to know that they have no stake in 'ALAUSA' and such will lead to religious intolerance and consequent crisis.Equally,muslims can never take such;it would have led to crisis if muslims are the one in christians' shoe in lagos. In fact,with the way tings are going,even in light of development of lagos by present administration,christians are becoming more aware that they are not regarded in helms of affairs of Lagos and therefore,i support the cleric for the call on christians to rule lagos in 2015.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 10, 2013
WHO IS HIDING MY POST....XTIAN FOR GOVERNOR IN LAGOS 2015 ITS OUR INALIENABLE RIGHT
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:12am On Jun 10, 2013
smartchoice: WHO IS HIDING MY POST....XTIAN FOR GOVERNOR IN LAGOS 2015 ITS OUR INALIENABLE RIGHT

YOU HAVE NO RIGHT!

GET AWAY FROM PAGAN COUNTRY YOU FOREIGN JEW WORSHIPPER!
angry angry angry angry

now I realise truly why the Japanese outlawed christianity at one point. christianity is all about gaining power that does not belong to them. angry
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by jjcbuthot: 10:23am On Jun 10, 2013
Cholison: We should not advocate for religious leadership in a political setting. We should seek for those that will deliver and improve our socio-economic advancement of all regardless of religion. This cleric is not speaking on behalf of christians.

That is how that started the religious crisis in the north.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 10, 2013
DO YOU WANT A TRADITIONAL WORSHIPER? THEN NO PROBLEM AM NOT AGAINST IT...LET ALL OTHER PEOPLE WHO CAN DELIVER ALSO BE GIVEN FAIR CHANCES DATS ALL...ANY OTHER PROBLEM?

PAGAN 9JA:

YOU HAVE NO RIGHT!

GET AWAY FROM PAGAN COUNTRY YOU FOREIGN JEW WORSHIPPER!
angry angry angry angry

now I realise truly why the Japanese outlawed christianity at one point. christianity is all about gaining power that does not belong to them. angry
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:24am On Jun 10, 2013
smartchoice: DO YOU WANT A TRADITIONAL WORSHIPER? THEN NO PROBLEM AM NOT AGAINST IT...LET ALL OTHER PEOPLE WHO CAN DELIVER ALSO BE GIVEN FAIR CHANCES DATS ALL...ANY OTHER PROBLEM?

NO! THATS ALL!

IF THE GOVERNOR IS CHOSEN ACCORDING TO RELIGION, THE FIRST PREFERENCE SHOULD GO TO THOSE WHO FOLLOW NIGERIAN RELIGIONS! THE REST CAN FOLLOW! I HAVE NO PROBLEM!
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 10, 2013
***shakes hand***

PAGAN 9JA:

NO! THATS ALL!

IF THE GOVERNOR IS CHOSEN ACCORDING TO RELIGION, THE FIRST PREFERENCE SHOULD GO TO THOSE WHO FOLLOW NIGERIAN RELIGIONS! THE REST CAN FOLLOW! I HAVE NO PROBLEM!

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by goodtalk(m): 10:42am On Jun 10, 2013
BetaThings:

Marwa succeeded Oyinlola
When Oyinlola was governor in Osun state, his deputy was also a christian. Did Muslims complain?
The most selfish and intolerant people in Nigeria are Christians

But when Fashola demolished mosques, did you complain
In any case, I know there is always a vast gulf between Christians and the truth
Incidentally Tinubu's wife is a Christian. Just like fashola
I reckon that you were happy and instigated Fashola to try and ban Hijab in Lagos schools
Since 1999, Christians have been ruling at the national level, save 2.5 years of Yaradua
Now you still want to be there till 2027. How many years would that be?
And that will be okay! I believe you need to bury your conscience to be a proper Christian

You guys have thrown away the Bible and just live and breathe hate
. @ betatins, try face issues as they are okay? check out the mosques fashola broke done it was because they were obstructing the right of way and in most cases he paid compensation, am not talking about federal level, okay have u summed d' total number years muritala, shagari,buhari,babangida,abacha,yaradua and their likes {moslems} spent on d' top sit, and was it not una brother IBB that signed nigeria a circular contry into OIC {organisation of islamic contries} o boy federal level is a matter for another day. T'he facts are cristal clear christians have a right to ask for a governor of christian extraction after more than twenty years of straight moslem governors administration in lagoS, i have read d' various views, now tell me why cant d' jaga ban {tinubu} as they call him not seach for a christian to project as governor? Pls answer t'he question, is it that there is none?no good and politically savvy christian of lagos extraction to fill those shoes? I persive there is an on written script of darkness being played out by tinubu and the oba of lagos who himself is a moslem to disallow christians from becoming governors, i speack with facts, reply and rebuff with facts and not emotions.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Desola(f): 10:43am On Jun 10, 2013
Katsumoto:

What a load of rubbish. Are these incendiary comments really necessary? If you get away with such moronic comments in the religion and Islam sections, do not bring them to the politics section because you will be taken to task. I have no patience for religious bigotry from any section. Do not try to drive a wedge between Yoruba Christians and Muslims with such ludicrous comments. You have been warned.

Were you blind to the comments castigating the man? Or do you think all those comments were made by Muslims?

The boy is a Shia Muslim hence his extremist views.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 10, 2013
Just give us a Christian for Lagos governor come 2015.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Desola(f): 10:47am On Jun 10, 2013
smartchoice: Just give us a Christian for Lagos governor come 2015.

You'd have to move to your home state for that, sorry.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 10, 2013
Ain't moving an inch babe till we settle dis mata...

Desola:

You'd have to move to your home state for that, sorry.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by goodtalk(m): 10:55am On Jun 10, 2013
ideycraze?:

You need to download the latest version of your brain to be able to right sensible comments
ehen shey your name na i dey crase? Okay begin to show your colour, better settle down and read what i wrote very well and comment with facts,i dont waste my valuable time with people that say they are crazy afrall last time i checked i no dey work for ARO

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Pee2k3: 11:00am On Jun 10, 2013
iwanchop: And what would that translate to?Good governance?
What has being a Christian or a Muslim got to do with providing basic amenities for the masses ?
Mr Cleric sir, it's not about religion cos we've had bad leaders from both religion Abacha,Tafa Balogun,Faruk Lawan etc are all muslims and we know what they did,the same goes for Ibori,Bode George, John Yusuf etc,ain't they Christians.
If I may ask,has Fashola as a governor deprived Christians of anything in the state?So what is this man asking for?
I would not havr been suprised if this statement had come from a politician.
Let peace continue to reign in Lagos o,we do not want any rancour between xtians and muslims o
good talk, what a loyal slave u are
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by maclatunji: 11:08am On Jun 10, 2013
tpia@:

no he's not.

please stop causing trouble.

has the lagos hijab issue been on the mind of many muslim leaders?

Trust me tpia, I know what I am saying. I even know their preferred candidate.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Yujin(m): 11:09am On Jun 10, 2013
Even though a Christian, I don't support the MOGs statement. It would've been better if he had stopped at encouraging the Christians in Lagos to participate in politics fully. Lagos is peaceful and it should remain so.. Peace to the progressives.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by deols(f): 11:42am On Jun 10, 2013
musiwa26: deols, where are getting your information from.

nigeria in the western nigeria are christain. where do you get your figures from..
that is pictures to show you..
that is lagos and that is ibadan... you people should leave your villages and come to yorubaland.

how many people do you think attend those crusades compared with the people in the whole state?

and one thing to note is, the same people who attend in Lagos attend in Ibadan as well as in Abeokuta. They travel far and wide to attend. So, they are not a true representation of the Christian population.

Let me give you an analysis that is truly representative.

In Oyo state, The most densely populated places in Ibadan have a large percentage of Muslims.

Entering OYo town, Islam is sooo glaring.
Now go to Oke Ogun- Shaki, igboho, igbo ora, Iseyin and we may be talking 97% Muslim populace.
Ogbomoso is where they have a large Christian population and even there, the ruling family is Muslim.

I am not playing d same cards as the clerics, but in the game of numbers, we win hands down.

3 Likes

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by StOla: 11:47am On Jun 10, 2013
jjcbuthot: What is this retardeen called cleric expecting from a xtian gov in Lagos? The criminals that we chase out of power in Ogun (Daniel), Oyo (Alao Akala), Osun (Oyinlola), and Ekiti (Oni), are they not xtians? Will any of the states mentioned above ever want anything associated with those characters in their states again?

These so called xtians clerics are so dull and very lazy thinkers. Anyway, it is when people don't fit anywhere that they go into religion as a means of livelihood.

And if we have to base voting on religion, how many states in SW will have any xtian in government?

To answer the bolded question, maybe only Oyo state won't have a Christian government. Don't you ever wonder why Tinubu always felt the need to be seen at Adeboye's redemption camp.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital / Gbenga Olawepo Urges Kwarans To Vote Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq / Abba Kyari, Kawu Awarded 10 TV/Radio Licenses To Self, Cronies - Daily Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.