Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections (17839 Views)

How Rufus Akeju Coordinated The Rigging Of Oyo State Elections / Breaking News Inec Declares Imo State Elections Inconclusive / ‘We Want Christian Governor In Lagos’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by jjcbuthot: 11:07pm On Jun 09, 2013
Katsumoto:

Is religion an issue in the SE?

Igbos are no 1 religious psychopaths in Nigeria - they are the ones causing crisis in the north with their religious bigotry even though an average Igbo is criminal in mind.

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by delpee(f): 11:13pm On Jun 09, 2013
All we want is peace and progress. Oyinlola (mr no bitumen), a xtian didn't impress us as a governor. Fashola a muslim has done well IMO.
What's the noise about anyway? This has never been a major issue for Yorubas, performance is key.
But again, if there's a deliberate effort to have only muslims as governor, it doesn't make sense and will not stand the test of time.

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Katsumoto: 11:13pm On Jun 09, 2013
jjcbuthot:

Igbos are no 1 religious psychopaths in Nigeria - they are one causing crisis in the north with their religious bigotry even though an average Igbo is criminal in mind.

Are Igbos murdering innocent people in the name of religion?

How are Igbos causing crisis in the North? Igbos have a need to be successful in commerce; that may cause issues in the North but I will disagree that religious bigotry is the issue.

4 Likes

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva: In Lagos, we don't care whether the governor is a Christian or Muslim. Mr Folarin or whatever you call yourself, if you don't like it, go back to your village.

I concur again. I am loving this your new approach.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 09, 2013
Obiagelli: What is this crap about, I doubt if kids can utter such statement

Yeah that's the word 'crap'
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by klovesh: 11:21pm On Jun 09, 2013
As much as I totally disagree with what this cleric has said, I will like us to be matured while making comments and not go into unnecessary generalisation. Rather than call him and others names, I will simply say that he grossly erred in making such a comment considering his position.
I am a christian, and since Fashola has been governor, he has never deprived me of my right to worship. In fact, it took me a long time to know that he was a Muslim. I have no business with the religion of the governor as long as he does his job and does not try to impose any faith on me. In the last election in Oyo state for example, almost all the Christians I know of voted enmasse for Ajimobi, who was a muslim, as everybody was tired of Akala's rascality. We believed Ajimobi could give us a better and more responsible governance. He also did not play any religious card while campaigning.
Things like this just heat up the polity unnecessarily. Christians and Muslims can be good or bad administrators. What this type of thinking can amount to at the end of the day is that one rascal will come and show himself as one pious Christian. You vote him in and he starts misbehaving.
I believe the south west voters are more sophisticated than being swayed by something like this. Good governance has no religion.

4 Likes

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by tomber(m): 11:21pm On Jun 09, 2013
jjcbuthot: What is this retardeen called cleric expecting from a xtian gov in Lagos? The criminals that we chase out of power in Ogun (Daniel), Oyo (Alao Akala), Osun (Oyinlola), and Ekiti (Oni), are they not xtians? Will any of the states mentioned above ever want anything associated with those characters in their states again?

These so called xtians clerics are so dull and very lazy thinkers. Anyway, it is when people don't fit anywhere that they go into religion as a means of livelihood.

And if we have to base voting on religion, how many states in SW will have any xtian in government?

You cudnt just hide the feeling. Thaz quite bad. but to set d record strght if we are to vote by religion in s.w ur kind will never in this world or in d world to come be in power
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by tolsmile(m): 11:25pm On Jun 09, 2013
iwanchop:

http://citizensplatform.net/2013/06/cleric-calls-for-christian-governor-in-coming-lagos-state-elections/
i sense no sense in dis. Xtian or muslim let a good man lead. D problm of d world again religion wil 1 day fire d world...
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by badmusaliu(m): 11:26pm On Jun 09, 2013
Let's be alert ! This man is not talking alone, it is the tactics of "CAN" just to confirm the reaction of the people. Who are the terrorists now?

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by jjcbuthot: 11:30pm On Jun 09, 2013
tomber:

You cudnt just hide the feeling. Thaz quite bad. but to set d record strght if we are to vote by religion in s.w ur kind will never in this world or in d world to come be in power

And who told you I am interested in contesting an election in the midst of liars and deceit loving people?
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Raymonbell(m): 11:42pm On Jun 09, 2013
Akpan107: Lagos 2015: it must be a Christian governor or no lagos!!!

you need procold with miliki ati maltina....oreju
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by ALTRUTH(m): 11:45pm On Jun 09, 2013
bobthebuilder99: Don't bring this religious nonsense to Lagos. Keep that in the North and SE.
Who allowed this baboon to escape from the zoo? The cleric is a yoruba man like u so face ur own ppl nd leave d SE out of this.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by ALTRUTH(m): 11:51pm On Jun 09, 2013
[quote
author=jjcbuthot]

Igbos are no 1 religious psychopaths in Nigeria - they are the ones
causing crisis in the north with their religious bigotry even though an
average Igbo is criminal in mind. [/quote] And d average yoruba is a vulture at heart.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Nobody: 12:01am On Jun 10, 2013
When we stop choosing our leaders based on ethnic/religious origins...then our country will develop.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by UyiIredia(m): 12:08am On Jun 10, 2013
We want a GOOD governor.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by maclatunji: 12:11am On Jun 10, 2013
ideycraze?:
What sort of a cleric is this? Oga,stop heating up the polity.CAN should call this man to order.

He is only stating what has always being in the minds of many Christian leaders. Power comes from God, they might as well stop whining.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by ALTRUTH(m): 12:13am On Jun 10, 2013
[quote
author=delpee]All we want is peace and progress. Oyinlola (mr no
bitumen), a xtian didn't impress us as a governor. Fashola a muslim has
done well IMO.
What's the noise about anyway? This has never been a major issue for
Yorubas, performance is key.
But again, if there's a deliberate effort to have only muslims as
governor, it doesn't make sense and will not stand the test of
time.[/quote]
God bless u my dear for this balanced view not like some dogs barking here.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by tpia5: 12:14am On Jun 10, 2013
maclatunji:

He is only stating what has always being in the minds of many Christian leaders.

no he's not.

please stop causing trouble.

has the lagos hijab issue been on the mind of many muslim leaders?
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Katsumoto: 12:15am On Jun 10, 2013
maclatunji:

He is only stating what has always being in the minds of many Christian leaders. Power comes from God, they might as well stop whining.

You can read the mind of many Christian leaders?

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by tbaba1234: 12:17am On Jun 10, 2013
If this thread was about some muslim cleric saying the exact same thing. It would have reached 10 pages, filled mostly with rude and uncouth language/insults. And they would still be the first to accuse muslims of intolerance/bigotry but the evidence of threads here suggests otherwise.

On the topic, people should be more concerned about whether the person can deliver. We should cut out the sentiments when voting in 2015. We do not want to hear things like "I am voting for GEJ not for PDP". Let us move forward, people.

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by tpia5: 12:19am On Jun 10, 2013
the cleric in question only stated his opinion- is that a crime?

i dont see any need for sentiment or religious fighting here- the reason why lagos has muslim governors is because most indigenous lagosians are muslim.

eod.

the important issue is performance, not religion.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Biggysmalls919(m): 12:43am On Jun 10, 2013
I think is a good call. U people dont realise muslims in lagos are begining to develop some form of *******: already demanding for compulsory hijab. Very soon it will be sharia. Turkey is a muslim country. They have no time for all these
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Chanchit: 12:47am On Jun 10, 2013
Ganys: Hmmm.. I CANT BELIEVE PEOPLE ARE NOT MAKING COMMENTS shocked shocked shocked, IMAGINE SAY NA SHEIK GUMI MADE THE CALL FOR A MUSLIM GOVERNOR IN PLATEAU STATE, THIS THREAD FOR DON REACH PAGE 20 CURSING AND DISTORTING ISLAM... GOD PASS UNA tongue tongue
USELESS BIGOTS angry angry angry angry

One thing you hediots fail to understand is that Christians are also against this man's comment, unlike the muslims who defend even the most silly comments from their clerics.

5 Likes

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by LagosShia: 12:50am On Jun 10, 2013
[b]let us look at this subject objectively.

what is it that fashola being a muslim have added to the muslims of lagos state,or decreased from the Christians of lagos state? I see no difference at all.fashola being a muslim have not led him to discriminate against Christians or made him to favor muslims.i have not seen that at all.from the mosques that were demolished about a year or so ago,and fashola's visits to churches and Christian orphanages,he hasn't done anything that undeservedly favor the muslims.in fact fashola being himself a muslim have provided him with the needed cover to do whatever he wishes and without having the blame of partiality laid on him by his fellow muslims.

this Christian cleric only is showing how bigoted and extreme Christians in Nigeria generally are.they are full of envy and jealousy against muslims,and they are at the same time very ignorant about islam and muslims that they cannot rightfully justify the words they utter to provoke muslims or the actions they undertake to offend muslims.this so called cleric who is very immature and irresponsible with no shame is asking for the alausa secretariat to be turned into a crusade center,going by the fanaticism the average Nigerian Christian displays coupled with his ignorance about islam and muslims.if he is not intending on evil,why would he make such a call and discriminate? it means this man needs a Christian in alausa to carry out plans he has that fashola or any neutral candidate would not commit to.going by the number of visits fashola makes to churches and Christian orphanages in the state,i wonder if a Christian governor can show such humility and make such effort to bring people closer.

it is time anyways for Yoruba muslims to wake up and see the tendency that Christians even among their own kin are displaying.they should be weary and do the necessary.after all by all account and common sense,yoruba muslims outnumber Yoruba Christians.we are not having muslims as governors in the south west because Christians are tolerant,but we are having Christians as governors in the south west because the Yoruba muslims are humble enough and have demonstrated tolerance and the spirit of co-existence as per the true teachings of Islam.you need to take plateau and taraba state as case study for you to appreciate what I am saying and see truth in it about Nigerian Christians and their bigoted views and fanaticism.of course I do not want to generalize and offend all Christians because I am not accusing all of them as there are still exceptions,but the majority of Nigerian Christians behave exactly as I have said.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by oshea44: 12:57am On Jun 10, 2013
so stupid and crazy.... ode, oloriburuku, saying rubbish... what has religion got to do with development of Lagos, Idiot Leader, he needs to be fired from his post, he cant lead the church, this man can lead his fellows to hell. He is religionist... i hate people like this, I am a Christian and Religion should be left out in the govt sector...
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by tpia5: 12:58am On Jun 10, 2013
LagosShia: let us look at this subject objectively.

and then you went right on to post the most subjective, biased and inciting view so far on this thread.

not to mention insulting christians in general as well?

anyway, christians are known for their tolerance, so carry on. undecided

i suppose you're doing it intentionally, as your jihad.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by tbaba1234: 1:02am On Jun 10, 2013
Chanchit:

One thing you hediots fail to understand is that Christians are also against this man's comment, unlike the muslims who defend even the most silly comments from their clerics.

You haven't seen any Muslim insult Christianity here, have you?? But trust me, If this was the other way around, All revered Muslim figures would be insulted. People go as far as to ignorantly insult God himself.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by LagosShia: 1:02am On Jun 10, 2013
tpia@:

and then you went right on to post the most subjective, biased and inciting view so far on this thread.

not to mention insulting christians in general as well?

please address your cleric.

his provocative and discriminatory call will only ensure that Yoruba muslims do not vote for a Christian contesting for governor in lagos state.i wonder if fashola as a muslim governor and the majority of the indigenes of lagos being muslims have tried to implement sharia law.lagos still remains the most attractive place to live in Nigeria and most welcoming and tolerant of all.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by tbaba1234: 1:05am On Jun 10, 2013
tpia@:

What tolerance??

Do you want me to show you threads of your exemplary tolerance??
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by UyiIredia(m): 1:11am On Jun 10, 2013
LagosShia: let us look at this subject objectively.

what is it that fashola being a muslim have added to the muslims of lagos state,or decreased from the Christians of lagos state? I see no difference at all.fashola being a muslim have not led him to discriminate against Christians or made him to favor muslims.i have not seen that at all.from the mosques that were demolished about a year or so ago,and fashola's visits to churches and Christian orphanages,he hasn't done anything that undeservedly favor the muslims.in fact fashola being himself a muslim have provided him with the needed cover to do whatever he wishes and without having the blame of partiality laid on him.

this Christian cleric only is showing how bigoted and extreme Christians in Nigeria generally are.they are full of envy and jealousy against muslims,and they are at the same time very ignorant about islam and muslims that they cannot rightfully justify the words they utter to provoke muslims or the actions they undertake to offend muslims.this so called cleric who is very immature and irresponsible with no shame is asking for the alausa secretariat to be turned into a crusade center,going by the fanaticism the average Nigerian Christian displays coupled with his ignorance about islam and muslims.if he is not intending on evil,why would he make such a call and discriminate? it means this man needs a Christian in alausa to carry out plans he has that fashola or any neutral candidate would not commit to.going by the number of visits fashola makes to churches and Christian orphanages in the state,i wonder if a Christian governor can show such humility and make effort to bring people closer.

it is time anyways for Yoruba muslims to wake up and see the tendency that Christians even among their own kin are displaying.they should be weary and do the necessary.after all by all account and common sense,yoruba muslims outnumber Yoruba Christians.we are not having muslims as governors in the south west because Christians are tolerant,but we are having Christians as governors in the south west because the Yoruba muslims are humble enough and have demonstrated tolerance and the spirit of co-existence as per the true teachings of Islam.you need to take plateau and taraba state as case study for you to appreciate what I am saying and see truth in it about Nigerian Christians and their bigoted views and fanaticism.of course I do not want to generalize and offend Christians because I am not accusing all of them,but the majority of Nigerian Christians behave exactly as I have said.

A case of poor reasoning by hasty generalization. Just because a cleric behaved that way doesn't mean Christians in general are like that. Also make sure to do a little research before making erroneous comments. Yoruba muslims ARE NOT more than Christians.

"The Yoruba people are the most numerous in the southwest.
Over half of the Yorubas are Christian and about a quarter are
Muslim, with the remainder hold traditional Yoruba views. The
predominantly Christian Igbo are the largest ethnic group in the
southeast. "

- from [url=en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Nigeria]Wikipedia[/url]

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by tpia5: 1:13am On Jun 10, 2013
LagosShia:

please address your cleric.

first of all, please explain how he is my cleric.

his provocative and discriminatory call will only ensure that Yoruba muslims do not vote for a Christian contesting for governor in lagos state.

i suspect you are actually not familiar with lagos at all.

like i said, and many others also, the religion of the governor is not a major issue, althuogh you clearly want to make it so as part of your five point agenda no doubt.

majority of indigenous lagosians are muslims, hence the reason for a muslim governor.

i wonder if fashola as a muslim governor and the majority of the indigenes of lagos being muslims have tried to implement sharia law.

i'm sure that's your aim.

lagos still remains the most attractive place to live in Nigeria and most welcoming and tolerant of all.

i wonder how long it will remain that way. undecided
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by tpia5: 1:15am On Jun 10, 2013
tbaba1234:

What tolerance??

Do you want me to show you threads of your exemplary tolerance??

my tolerance or whose tolerance?

please clarify that first before we engage in the thread spamming competition, anything you pull up can be matched thread for thread.

and PLEASE do not attach atheist anti-muslim threads to your list.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Ama Pepple Head Of National Minimum Wage Committee / Shola Gabriel Vows To Mobilise 10million Youths Into APC, Seeks National Office / Imo: Six Killed As DSS, EbubeAgu Raid Orlu LGA In Search Of Criminals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.