Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,333 members, 7,811,974 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections (17836 Views)

How Rufus Akeju Coordinated The Rigging Of Oyo State Elections / Breaking News Inec Declares Imo State Elections Inconclusive / ‘We Want Christian Governor In Lagos’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by goodtalk(m): 2:06pm On Jun 10, 2013
deols:

I am very careful about what I post and that is the reason for the question marks.

You mentioned other southerners. it doesn't change that you are hammering the presence of others in Lagos.That is the point.

and about the numerous churches, you of course don't need me to explain how they are business driven. A Muslim can pray anywhere anyway. In fact, conservative Muslims would frown at building gigantic mosques and over beautifying them.
. Try look at the issue properly can u tell me who is a logosian? If i was born in lagos and my parents are from edo state what state should i claim? Edo abi! Their are millions of people that where born in lagos and their parents are from other states, their parents have lived donkeys of years in lagos such, as even their children can but only speak yoruba and such categories of people have business running into billion of naira in lagos, with countless number housing properties dotting evey nook and cranier of t'he state and you are telling all this people should go back to their states to vote during election abi? U dont seem to understand that t'he people of lagos early indigence and later indigence all have eqUal rights, if indeed the moslems be they conservative or otherwise dont like large and decorated mosques maybe u need to look at t'he once in mecca and medina is not from there t'he message has been spread globally, u can also check t'he abuja monsque and most central monsque in all of the stateS of t'he federation, i feel its inapprioprate for you to call churches place that are business driven rather say they are places Godly driven that would be better, we go to church to serve t'he lord. Periodt
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by goodtalk(m): 2:12pm On Jun 10, 2013
If you wish for a christian governor in lagos come 2015, like it and God will bless you,

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by HonKontigi: 3:17pm On Jun 10, 2013
[quote
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Akpan107(m): 3:20pm On Jun 10, 2013
iwanchop:

So there are no indigenous Akwa Ibomites that are muslims Abi?
Go and do your research very well,that's by the way.
Mr Akpan(the errand boy) please I really want to know who you are to have written this ' Lagos 2015: it must
be a Christian governor or no
lagos!!! '.Lagos is about 10 -12 hours journey by road from your village,how dare you say such a thing.Omo atoko wa bale je.
You better go and destroy your state before you do same to Lagos,what you will never allow any visitor do in your state is what u have come to Lagos to preach abi ...
you may not know where my Dad came from... But one thing i want you to understand is that; the interest of the people of Lagos must be fully protected... Althuogh, the Muslim government in Lagos have always been kind to the Christians, but it must not always be Muslim, Muslim and Muslim. ( no offence my dear brother, we're still ONE )
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by HonKontigi: 3:22pm On Jun 10, 2013
mu2sa2: There is likely a politician using this cleric to test the waters. After all most xtians voted for gej in 2011 because they were told to do so by their church. Folarin is just repeating the same blunder.
GBAM.100% correct.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Jamisco: 3:29pm On Jun 10, 2013
jisky: That man should go to d North where religion count.In south/west we re religion tolerant.

yea, in the south/west you are religion tolerant, wait until the boko haram has totally taken over the state. tinubu and fashola has already signed a deal with the General Commander in Chief of tbe Boko Haram.

if really you tolerate all religion in the south west, why did you kill Fansho Williams - a Christian

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by tpia5: 3:46pm On Jun 10, 2013
Akpan107: Dear Iwanchop, you for go chop before you come and talk to me! Mind you, Akwa-Ibom's population is 99.9% Christians and 0000000000.1% Traditionlist, while Lagos is roughly 60 to 70% Christians and they dont allow them to rule!!! Haba!

0.0001% traditionalist, that's a good one.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by tpia5: 3:48pm On Jun 10, 2013
olabukola: This cleric must be smoking something i have never seen b4, Muslims must always be gov for lagos as they are the majority in Lagos. Also the party that controls SW is headed by a muslim so its only right he picks who he can work with without any misunderstanding.

eod.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by tpia5: 3:54pm On Jun 10, 2013
BetaThings:

Christian tolerance is a myth, esp in Nigeria.

how is it a myth when this is something you see everyday?

maybe you mean nl tolerance is a myth.

Please let us do it. I dare you to begin. For every anti-Christian thread started by a Muslim that you bring up, I will bring 3 anti-muslim thread started by Christian. And I can assure you, you will be exhausted first

whoever brought up the issue should begin, lets take it from there.

the onus is not on me to begin anything, however, I'm ready to match anyone who wants to begin something, with whatever they think they're beginning.

puns/rhymes intended.

However, Muslims are not judged by their nature as human beings. They are judged by their religion

and that's far fetched because?

as per muslims being judged by their nature as human beings, some are, others who prefer to be judged by their religious persuasion, work hard to ensure they are. Do you think this is an incorrect statement?

This statement contradicts your assertion that anything Muslims pull up would be matched by Christians.
Anyway, what opinion did you form when you USED to visit religion section

no opinion per se, I'm not on nl to form opinions.

BTW I once stumbled on a religious thread you opened that made front page - it was clean, decent, no abuse directed at Christianity. at least not by Muslims. The difference is clear

link, thanks.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by tpia5: 4:00pm On Jun 10, 2013
iwanchop:

So there are no indigenous Akwa Ibomites that are muslims Abi?
Go and do your research very well,that's by the way.
Mr Akpan(the errand boy) please I really want to know who you are to have written this ' Lagos 2015: it must
be a Christian governor or no
lagos!!! '.Lagos is about 10 -12 hours journey by road from your village,how dare you say such a thing.Omo atoko wa bale je.
You better go and destroy your state before you do same to Lagos,what you will never allow any visitor do in your state is what u have come to Lagos to preach abi ...

no muslims in akwa ibom, hunh?

accusations and counter accusations by some Muslim groups in the state that they are being consistently marginalized and denied pilgrimage slots in favour of Muslims from the North.

This situation has led to mistrust, tension and a crack in the leadership of the Muslim community in the state.

The protesting groups, who addressed a press conference at the weekend under the aegis of Akwa Ibom Muslims Community, accused Governor Godswill Akpabio’s Aide De Camp (ADC), Baba Shehudeen of selling pilgrimage slots meant for Akwa Ibom Muslims to outsiders.

Apart from briefing the press on the development, the groups have jointly written a petition to Governor Akpabio in which they alleged that the governor’s ADC, Shehudeen, a Deputy Superintendent of Police is “marginalizing Akwa Ibom Muslims to the advantage of foreign elements and imposters”

The six-page letter to the Governor was endorsed by representatives of five Islamic bodies in the state, including Federation of Muslim Women Association of Nigeria (FOMWAN), Hausa Muslim Youth Council (HMYC), Jama’atu Nasril Islam (JNI), Board of Trustees of the Uyo Central Mosque and the state chapter of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs(NSCIA).

The signatories representing the groups are Mujahid Nya (NSCIA), Abdul Ahmed (JNI), Mrs Kudirat Sani (FOMWAN), Mustapha Gurama (HMYC) and Mohammed Al Bashir (BOT Uyo Central Mosque).

Spokesman for the groups, Muhammed Al Bashir complained that the Akpabio’s ADC was “depriving Akwa Ibom muslims of the opportunity to discharge their religious obligations”.

http://www.compassnewspaper.org/index.php/component/content/article/90-front-page-/6514-hajj-slots-tear-aibom-muslim-community-apart
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by tpia5: 4:02pm On Jun 10, 2013
boko haram akwa ibomite:

https://www.nairaland.com/943528/boko-haram-member-augustine-effiong

obviously akpan107 is trying to decieve himself, im dey find maga. undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by tpia5: 4:04pm On Jun 10, 2013
jama'atu nasril, akwa ibom chapter:

http://jamaatu.org/
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by archmau(m): 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2013
So that una go turn am to another Jos and Jonajuncks abi?
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by jjcbuthot: 4:56pm On Jun 10, 2013
goodtalk: even t'he inddgenious christians still eclipse t'he moslem in numbers, look back into history as at when t'he christian missionaries came to t'he west, bult cms grammer school, churches and commenced massive evangelism of t'he people, islam as a religion was not yet in the west as at then. Make una bone, the population of christian both indigens or non indigence over blast t'he moslem population in lagos so therefore, 2015 elction acn must field a christian candidate to balance tins out or they may be gradually putting lagos over a keg of gun powder. a

Keep deceiving yourself. Muslims have taken over forever...
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by deols(f): 4:56pm On Jun 10, 2013
Mintayo:

there is no difference between you and d cleric.
Be decieveing urself, 80% ko,120% ni...clueless woman.
Who cares whether u v muslim governor forever-as long as he does9t force us to go to mosques; as long as he allows freedom of worship; as long as he gives d ppl d dividends of democracy!
Like being a governor will take someone to heaven...smh

You need to look at the context in which I made my post.

There hasnt been much Islamic benefit from these Muslim governors. No big deal about having them.

PeRFORMANCE IS key and thank goodness they have done pretty well.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Mintayo(m): 4:56pm On Jun 10, 2013
goodtalk: . Try look at the issue properly can u tell me who is a logosian? If i was born in lagos and my parents are from edo state what state should i claim? Edo abi! Their are millions of people that where born in lagos and their parents are from other states, their parents have lived donkeys of years in lagos such, as even their children can but only speak yoruba and such categories of people have business running into billion of naira in lagos, with countless number housing properties dotting evey nook and cranier of t'he state and you are telling all this people should go back to their states to vote during election abi? U dont seem to understand that t'he people of lagos early indigence and later indigence all have eqUal rights, if indeed the moslems be they conservative or otherwise dont like large and decorated mosques maybe u need to look at t'he once in mecca and medina is not from there t'he message has been spread globally, u can also check t'he abuja monsque and most central monsque in all of the stateS of t'he federation, i feel its inapprioprate for you to call churches place that are business driven rather say they are places Godly driven that would be better, we go to church to serve t'he lord. Periodt

dnt mind her,saying that doz building churches are into business;she has forgottten abt d mosques in saudi,abuja,arisekola's mosque in ibadan(which was built with an embezzled money)...d list is on and on...dis ppl will just like to decieve ppl sha!
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by jjcbuthot: 4:58pm On Jun 10, 2013
Mintayo:

dnt mind her,saying that doz building churches are into business;she has forgottten abt d mosques in saudi,abuja,arisekola's mosque in ibadan(which was built with an embezzled money)...d list is on and on...dis ppl will just like to decieve ppl sha!

Is Arisakola Alao collecting money from people in the mosque? Do they collect tithe in mosques?

Mosque is not a business center unlike churches.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:03pm On Jun 10, 2013
I don't GAF what religion the governor is.. I just hate the fact that 10/10 LASTMA officers are Muslims.. bladdy Hell!! I angry i cannot use Church membership to get out of trouble grin grin
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by deols(f): 5:07pm On Jun 10, 2013
jjcbuthot:

Is Arisakola Alao collecting money from people in the mosque? Do they collect tithe in mosques?

thanks for that. At least no head drilling is required for its understanding.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Mintayo(m): 5:23pm On Jun 10, 2013
jjcbuthot:

cool, atleast you agreed that the mosque was built with stolen money! So shame on you; i am nt surprised,after all,they will be forgiven even if d mosque was built with ritual money! Smh!

And concerning the tithe, i had better not talk,bcus d way u guys collect money in ur mosques and other functions etc is worst than d way tithe is being collected! And do u knw if u guys were given d chance too,u will definitely collect tithe...smh!
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by iwanchop(m): 8:00pm On Jun 10, 2013
Akpan107: you may not know where my Dad came from... But one thing i want you to understand is that; the interest of the people of Lagos must be fully protected... Althuogh, the Muslim government in Lagos have always been kind to the Christians, but it must not always be Muslim, Muslim and Muslim. ( no offence my dear brother, we're still ONE )

That muslims have been ruling Lagos is just coincidental,it's not because xtians are not permitted to .The same case is what we have in Ekiti where xtians have always been the governor.
My point is religion should not be a yardstick for political offices:in 1993,the SDP fielded two muslims for the presidential elections and we all supported them,can the same happen in the Nigeria of today? No
Religion has clouded our faces and conscience.
I would not be suprised if this religious acrimony degenerate into denominational feud in future.Then it would be Redeemers have been ruling Lagos when will a catholic become the governor.Religion cannot lead us anywhere than to cause unnecesary acrimony between us.If I may ask,which one should we care about,good governance or religion.If it is religion,then the traditionslist should also be given an opportunity to rule,enough of muslims and xtians.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by ALTRUTH(m): 8:06pm On Jun 10, 2013
1willywilly:
You are a big Liar, Yorubas Christians are Majority (70%), Yoruba Moslems/Taliban Yorubas are Minority (30%)
Taliban yorubas!!!!! U almost killed me with laughter!:-)B-):-P
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Akpan107(m): 8:23pm On Jun 10, 2013
tpia@:

0.0001% traditionalist, that's a good one.
Big bros, thank you for the correction!
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Akpan107(m): 8:33pm On Jun 10, 2013
tpia@:
jama'atu nasril, akwa ibom chapter:

http://jamaatu.org/
My bros, i have never seen an Akwa-ibomite born a Muslim in my State! All these groups and oganistions you listed above are Hausa-Muslims and Yoruba-Muslim ones.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by mathskill: 9:20pm On Jun 10, 2013
duality:

My friend, speak for yourself. there are lots who do care. if no one cares as you think this story will not arise. Lagos is lucky to have an administrator who is prudent with religious issues. if Lagos had someone like senator Yerima as Gov, you will know that Lagosians are Nigerians who take religion seriously.
What an analogy from an analog brain.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 10, 2013
mathskill: What an analogy from an analog brain.
Your brain follow join if you fit decode the message
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by tpia5: 9:41pm On Jun 10, 2013
Akpan107: Big bros, thank you for the correction!

it wasnt a correction, as you could see, i bolded your comment but i dont think i need to add your amount of zeros.

we get the point.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by tpia5: 9:42pm On Jun 10, 2013
Akpan107: My bros, i have never seen an Akwa-ibomite born a Muslim in my State! All these groups and oganistions you listed above are Hausa-Muslims and Yoruba-Muslim ones.

well, i dont know about that.

since you also claimed akwa ibomites are only 0.0000000001% traditionalists, your utterances might need to be taken cautiously?
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by omoalaro: 10:09pm On Jun 10, 2013
ideycraze?:
What sort of a cleric is this? Oga,stop heating up the polity.CAN should call this man to order.

Which CAN?. You mean the political arm of the PDP?
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by olaheavy1: 5:04am On Jun 11, 2013
The noisemakers on this thread are mainly christians of the Eastern descent who are illegally resident in Yorubaland, especially the Igbos. What is it with these folks that they always love to poke their noses in our affairs? Anyway, our Yoruba forefathers said it: "Ti eru ba pe ni'le, alajobi l'o ma n bu."

The so-called Yoruba christians need not delude themselves any further. It's obvious that the Muslims have always surpassed them in population. Two reasons have always only aided the Yoruba christians in their illusory dreams of thinking that they're more than the Muslims: (1) The christians make too much vainglorious showmanship and loudest noise stemming from their incessant building/erecting mushroom churches on every street across Yorubaland (especially Lagos and Ibadan) and, also (2) the influx of the foreigners (Igbos and other Easterners) into our Yorubaland. These two hopeless reasons continue to give the Yoruba christians false hope! Take my hometown of ibadan (the biggest stand-alone city in Africa) as an example, it took 100 years after Islam had been firmly rooted before the emergence of christianity in Ibadan! For me, I will root for a pagan governor in lieu of a christian one. Don't ask me why -- it is an eye sore; the christians are empty barrels and trouble makers. The christians assail the character of every Muslim based on the shenanigan of the Boko Haram sect in the North; however, the MEND, MASSOB, and other terrorist organizations in the East are there boldly operating with impunity while no one impugns the christians' character based on that.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by bobthebuilder99(m): 5:18am On Jun 11, 2013
Anyone who says that most native Lagosians are Muslim is a liar, or they have NEVER been to Lagos.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by musiwa26: 5:19am On Jun 11, 2013
deols , why will anyone want to travel far and wide to attend a christain program, when the pastor is coming to their cities in few days.. you dont make sense.. When he comes to nigeria.. He spent weeks going from one city to another.. Dont you know there are alot of people living in Nigeria.

Even half of this yoruba cities did not show up. What % of christain attend this program a small % attend them.. People have their churches too.. just a few % of the cities. Dont figure, their are tradition worshipper who form the majority of Yorubaland and we have muslim . is only lagos where they dont do in the open traditional thing.. the other cities do it.

all of this people are not born again.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-F6zv9eAqrLw/UNyUdlEEDbI/AAAAAAAACPk/FNoVgfO9csE/s1600/ifa.jpg[/img]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

You’re Acting Opposition Script, Osinbajo Tells Obasanjo / APC Writes INEC, Postpones Congresses Indefinitely / What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.