Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,307 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections (17848 Views)

How Rufus Akeju Coordinated The Rigging Of Oyo State Elections / Breaking News Inec Declares Imo State Elections Inconclusive / ‘We Want Christian Governor In Lagos’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by StOla: 11:47am On Jun 10, 2013
jjcbuthot: What is this retardeen called cleric expecting from a xtian gov in Lagos? The criminals that we chase out of power in Ogun (Daniel), Oyo (Alao Akala), Osun (Oyinlola), and Ekiti (Oni), are they not xtians? Will any of the states mentioned above ever want anything associated with those characters in their states again?

These so called xtians clerics are so dull and very lazy thinkers. Anyway, it is when people don't fit anywhere that they go into religion as a means of livelihood.

And if we have to base voting on religion, how many states in SW will have any xtian in government?

To answer the bolded question, maybe only Oyo state won't have a Christian government. Don't you ever wonder why Tinubu always felt the need to be seen at Adeboye's redemption camp?

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by goodtalk(m): 11:57am On Jun 10, 2013
Pee2k3: good talk, what a loyal slave u are
@ pee2K3, i saw t'he quote of t'he writter {iwanchop} but t'he last part of his writing he said they should pls allow peace to reign between christian and moslems in lagos o! Come who is fooling who? So when christians are asking for what is their legitamate right some people are saying christians want to cause trouble, abeg wake up and smell t'he roses this is not slavery matter its t'he right to fairness, equity, justice and harmonious relationship, moslems have ruled lagos about 20 years straight or so, we christians desire to rule lagos also period, this is fact, try controvert it instead of abuses am too polished to hull abuses at people. a
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by StOla: 12:02pm On Jun 10, 2013
saxywale:
Would have been an excellent statement but Shobo is a name indigenous to lagos so which village are you referring to?

That name is indigenous to the Egba people of Abeokuta, but would not doubt some might have settled in Lagos early on like other Egba families a la Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by goodtalk(m): 12:08pm On Jun 10, 2013
St.Ola:

To answer the bolded question, maybe only Oyo state won't have a Christian government. Don't you ever wonder why Tinubu always felt the need to be seen at Adeboye's redemption camp?
. Gbam my brother, u spoke well, not only tinubu plus his wife and fasholas wife they are always at the redemption camp to ask for blessings and plead for political support, if u guys dont know t'he population of christian in lagos is far more than moslem, so why cant tinubu project a chriStian governor?, i tink i remember vaguely how pedro was cleaverly skeemed out of office as deputy governor because he wanted to succed tinubu, off course pedro was a christian that was t'he main problem, tinubu and t'he palace wanted a muslim candidate, read between t'he lines

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by 1willywilly: 12:19pm On Jun 10, 2013
Battle of Lagos is the Battle between Majority Yoruba Christians and Minority Yoruba Moslems.
Minority Yoruba moslems are secretly clearing ground to permanently impose their will on Majority Yoruba Christians.
Yoruba moslems are very crafty and are well organised than Majority Yoruba Christians, if their plans goes well as planned Pastor Enoch Adeboye is going to change to Imam Enoch bin Adeboye.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:21pm On Jun 10, 2013
1willywilly: Battle of Lagos is the Battle between Majority Yoruba Christians and Minority Yoruba Moslems.
Minority Yoruba moslems are secretly clearing ground to permanently impose their will on Majority Yoruba Christians.
Yoruba moslems are very crafty and are well organised than Majority Yoruba Christians, if their plans goes well as planned Pastor Enoch Adeboye is going to change to Imam Enoch bin Adeboye.

may we see the end of christianity and islam in Yorubaland.

anyone who wants to re-convert to Yoruba religion, plz contact me.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Afam4eva(m): 12:22pm On Jun 10, 2013
goodtalk: . Gbam my brother, u spoke well, not only tinubu plus his wife and fasholas wife they are always at the redemption camp to ask for blessings and plead for political support, if u guys dont know t'he population of christian in lagos is far more than moslem, so why cant tinubu project a chriStian governor?, i tink i remember vaguely how pedro was cleaverly skeemed out of office as deputy governor because he wanted to succed tinubu, off course pedro was a christian that was t'he main problem, tinubu and t'he palace wanted a muslim candidate, read between t'he lines
The population of indigenous Muslims in Lagos may be more than the indegenous Christian population but the total number of Christians that live in Lagos is way more than the Muslims. It's not even a contest.

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by deols(f): 12:30pm On Jun 10, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
i dont get why my post has been deleted. ofcourse it is the usual discrimination against Pagans by Mods.

I repeat, christians have NO right to ask for a christian governor.

WE NEED A TRADITIONALIST GOVERNOR! angry

majority of them are traditionalists anyway. They go as far as India for charms.

cool down, your priests get their own version of tithe.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Akpan107(m): 12:30pm On Jun 10, 2013
iwanchop:

Akwa Ibom 2015:it must be a Muslim governor or no Akwa Ibom.
Dear Iwanchop, you for go chop before you come and talk to me! Mind you, Akwa-Ibom's population is 99.9% Christians and 0000000000.1% Traditionlist, while Lagos is roughly 60 to 70% Christians and they dont allow them to rule!!! Haba!
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by StOla: 12:31pm On Jun 10, 2013
1willywilly: Battle of Lagos is the Battle between Majority Yoruba Christians and Minority Yoruba Moslems.

Your assertion is spot on. The problem as identified by the cleric is the apathy Yoruba Christians have towards politics as opposed to the Yoruba muslims fanatical interest. However, performance should always trump religious affiliation when electing our leaders.

It's only Oyo state that can be said to be markedly majority Muslim by indigenous population, which reduces to a weak majority if one considers the voting population (greater Yoruba population and other tribes resident there).
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by deols(f): 12:31pm On Jun 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
The population of indigenous Muslims in Lagos may be more than the indegenous Christian population but the total number of Christians that live in Lagos is way more than the Muslims. It's not even a contest.

Is this about the Igbo presence in Lagos? Don't these people travel home to cast their votes?
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by deols(f): 12:35pm On Jun 10, 2013

stop lying. The Yoruba Muslims are the majority.

The real Lagosians are mainly Muslims starting from Oba Akeredolu(hope I got it right)

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Afam4eva(m): 12:38pm On Jun 10, 2013
deols:

Is this about the Igbo presence in Lagos? Don't these people travel home to cast their votes?
It's not just about the Igbo population in Lagos. Lagos is dominated by mainly southerners and the dominant religion in the south is Christianity. The Muslim population doesn't even come close. There's a reason why you have numerous churches in one street alone while mosques are fewer in number. I find it ignorant that people still have the opinion that Igbos travel to the east to vote. That is preposterous. If Igbos all travel to the east then how come the number of voters in Lagos still reflect the population?
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by 1willywilly: 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2013
deols:

The real Lagosians are mainly Muslims starting from Oba Akeredolu(hope I got it right)
You are a big Liar, Yorubas Christians are Majority (70%), Yoruba Moslems/Taliban Yorubas are Minority (30%)

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Afam4eva(m): 12:46pm On Jun 10, 2013
1willywilly:
You are a big Liar, Yorubas Christians are Majority (70%), Yoruba Moslems/Taliban Yorubas are Minority (30%)
I think she's referring to Yorubas from Lagos alone.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by olabukola: 12:46pm On Jun 10, 2013
This cleric must be smoking something i have never seen b4, Muslims must always be gov for lagos as they are the majority in Lagos. Also the party that controls SW is headed by a muslim so its only right he picks who he can work with without any misunderstanding.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by goodtalk(m): 12:48pm On Jun 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
even t'he inddgenious christians still eclipse t'he moslem in numbers, look back into history as at when t'he christian missionaries came to t'he west, bult cms grammer school, churches and commenced massive evangelism of t'he people, islam as a religion was not yet in the west as at then. Make una bone, the population of christian both indigens or non indigence over blast t'he moslem population in lagos so therefore, 2015 elction acn must field a christian candidate to balance tins out or they may be gradually putting lagos over a keg of gun powder. a
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Afam4eva(m): 12:48pm On Jun 10, 2013
olabukola: This cleric must be smoking something i have never seen b4, Muslims must always be gov for lagos as they are the majority in Lagos. Also the party that controls SW is headed by a muslim so its only right he picks who he can work with without any misunderstanding.
You should have left it at your first statement. Most Lagos governors are Muslims because people don't care which religion the governor belongs to and not because Muslims are Majority in Lagos.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by StOla: 12:49pm On Jun 10, 2013
deols:

Whatever alien religion a King might choose which ordinarily differs from the traditional doesn't confer same religion on the indigenous population. Lagosians are Christians and Muslims because they chose to, not because a traditonal king chose to become Christian or Muslim.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Afam4eva(m): 12:51pm On Jun 10, 2013
goodtalk: even t'he inddgenious christians still eclipse t'he moslem in numbers, look back into history as at when t'he christian missionaries came to t'he west, bult cms grammer school, churches and commenced massive evangelism of t'he people, islam as a religion was not yet in the west as at then. Make una bone, the population of christian both indigens or non indigence over blast t'he moslem population in lagos so therefore, 2015 elction acn must field a christian candidate to balance tins out or they may be gradually putting lagos over a keg of gun powder. a
I used to argue that the indegenous Christian population was more than the Muslim population but i started thinking otherwise when i discovered that a lot of young Christians of Lagos origin used to be Musliims and their Fathers are still muslims.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by StOla: 1:02pm On Jun 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
I think she's referring to Yorubas from Lagos alone.

She might be right if we consider Lagos as old Lagos alone(Eko), and also disregard its returnee population(from the Caribbeans and Brazil). If we however put to consideration the entirety of Lagos as a State and the population indegenous to each of the areas, then the Muslim majority begins to wane. Care must be taken not to mistake the religion of the nobles as the religion of the masses.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by iwanchop(m): 1:03pm On Jun 10, 2013
Akpan107: Dear Iwanchop, you for go chop before you come and talk to me! Mind you, Akwa-Ibom's population is 99.9% Christians and 0000000000.1% Traditionlist, while Lagos is roughly 60 to 70% Christians and they dont allow them to rule!!! Haba!

So there are no indigenous Akwa Ibomites that are muslims Abi?
Go and do your research very well,that's by the way.
Mr Akpan(the errand boy) please I really want to know who you are to have written this ' Lagos 2015: it must
be a Christian governor or no
lagos!!! '.Lagos is about 10 -12 hours journey by road from your village,how dare you say such a thing.Omo atoko wa bale je.
You better go and destroy your state before you do same to Lagos,what you will never allow any visitor do in your state is what u have come to Lagos to preach abi ...
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Ayus34(m): 1:06pm On Jun 10, 2013
duality:

My friend, speak for yourself. there are lots who do care. if no one cares as you think this story will not arise. Lagos is lucky to have an administrator
who is prudent with religious issues. if Lagos had someone
like senator Yerima as Gov, you will know that Lagosians are Nigerians who take religion seriously.
unfortunately for you.....fashola is not yerima,lagos is not zamfara,south is not north and yoruba is not hausa...so ur religion theory doesnt count....leave us alone it is our own headache not urs!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by iwanchop(m): 1:12pm On Jun 10, 2013
goodtalk: even t'he inddgenious christians still eclipse t'he moslem in numbers, look back into history as at when t'he christian missionaries came to t'he west, bult cms grammer school, churches and commenced massive evangelism of t'he people, islam as a religion was not yet in the west as at then. Make una bone, the population of christian both indigens or non indigence over blast t'he moslem population in lagos so therefore, 2015 elction acn must field a christian candidate to balance tins out or they may be gradually putting lagos over a keg of gun powder. a

It's just unfortunate that most if u make comments from the corners of your rooms.
Have you ever been to Lagos?
If yes,how many years have you spent or did you spend in Lagos?
Because if you are conversant with Lagos,you would know that most indigenous Lagosians are Muslims.If you don't know you ask .I'm an Awori man so I know what i'm saying

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Beaf1: 1:20pm On Jun 10, 2013
duality:

My friend, speak for yourself. there are lots who do care. if no one cares as you think this story will not arise. Lagos is lucky to have an administrator who is prudent with religious issues. if Lagos had someone like senator Yerima as Gov, you will know that Lagosians are Nigerians who take religion seriously.

So, in order words, you are with the socalled cleric on this, right?

Jobless ignoramus.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by deols(f): 1:24pm On Jun 10, 2013
St.Ola:

Whatever alien religion a King might choose which ordinarily differs from the traditional doesn't confer same religion on the indigenous population. Lagosians are Christians and Muslims because they chose to, not because a traditonal king chose to become Christian or Muslim.

the king's religion was cited as an example.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Mintayo(m): 1:24pm On Jun 10, 2013
deols:

with Oyo state having 80% Muslims as an estimate, we wont only continuously have Muslim governors but Muslim first ladies as well.

The bigot called cleric should be arrested like someone said.

there is no difference between you and d cleric.
Be decieveing urself, 80% ko,120% ni...clueless woman.
Who cares whether u v muslim governor forever-as long as he does9t force us to go to mosques; as long as he allows freedom of worship; as long as he gives d ppl d dividends of democracy!
Like being a governor will take someone to heaven...smh
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by deols(f): 1:25pm On Jun 10, 2013
1willywilly:

you are fooling no one but yourself.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by deols(f): 1:28pm On Jun 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
It's not just about the Igbo population in Lagos. Lagos is dominated by mainly southerners and the dominant religion in the south is Christianity. The Muslim population doesn't even come close. There's a reason why you have numerous churches in one street alone while mosques are fewer in number. I find it ignorant that people still have the opinion that Igbos travel to the east to vote. That is preposterous. If Igbos all travel to the east then how come the number of voters in Lagos still reflect the population?

I am very careful about what I post and that is the reason for the question marks.

You mentioned other southerners. it doesn't change that you are hammering the presence of others in Lagos.That is the point.

and about the numerous churches, you of course don't need me to explain how they are business driven. A Muslim can pray anywhere anyway. In fact, conservative Muslims would frown at building gigantic mosques and over beautifying them.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by 1willywilly: 1:33pm On Jun 10, 2013
deols:
you are fooling no one but yourself.
Yourself is fooling you.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by basty: 1:36pm On Jun 10, 2013
What has religion got to do with good governance?. We have been deceived so long with these religious jingoism, this is the time to let these poli-religous opportunists know that they are talking non-sense.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by dare2think: 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2013
It is impossible to underestimate the division religion causes among people, even those of the same race, background and tribe.

The animosity is astounding. How can one claim to love God and it's creations but yet show so much disdain at the same time.

This is sad. I hope the respective gods are proud and content with the behavior of their respective subjects.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Awka Community Protests With Coffin Over Forceful Takeover Of Lands (pictures) / Prince Rotimi Obadofin Is Dead (Kogi Governorship Candidate) / Abike Dabiri Receives Dr. Maduka, Commends His Achievements In Diaspora, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.