Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections (17847 Views)

How Rufus Akeju Coordinated The Rigging Of Oyo State Elections / Breaking News Inec Declares Imo State Elections Inconclusive / ‘We Want Christian Governor In Lagos’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by apary1: 7:00am On Jun 10, 2013
mr cleric should please face his religious activities and stop poking his nose into politics,when they are suppose to say the fact they wont,its when they collected GMG (ghana must go)they'll start saying nonesense
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by true2god: 7:01am On Jun 10, 2013
jjcbuthot:

Igbos are no 1 religious psychopaths in Nigeria - they are one causing crisis in the north with their religious bigotry even though an average Igbo is criminal in mind.
I didnt want to contribute to this thread, but wat u just wrote is highly false and very misleading. I wonder wat u r tinking before typing dis, u had better retract this falsehood.

God bless u as u correct urself.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by ideycraze: 7:01am On Jun 10, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

A case of poor reasoning by hasty generalization. Just because a cleric behaved that way doesn't mean Christians in general are like that. Also make sure to do a little research before making erroneous comments. Yoruba muslims ARE NOT more than Christians.

"The Yoruba people are the most numerous in the southwest.
Over half of the Yorubas are Christian and about a quarter are
Muslim, with the remainder hold traditional Yoruba views. Them
predominantly Christian Igbo are the largest ethnic group in the
southeast. "

- from [url=en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Nigeria]Wikipedia[/url]

Hasty generalisation you say?
Now you know that the view of the cleric does not represent what Christians in general stand for.
But most of you come here to say the views of Boko Haram is backed by all muslims

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by tayejay(m): 7:04am On Jun 10, 2013
I'm so proud of u Nairalanders 4 standing up against religious bigotry. If we all Nigerians can demonstrate this trait. God bless Nigeria IJN!!! Amen!
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by deols(f): 7:08am On Jun 10, 2013
jjcbuthot: What is this retardeen called cleric expecting from a xtian gov in Lagos? The criminals that we chase out of power in Ogun (Daniel), Oyo (Alao Akala), Osun (Oyinlola), and Ekiti (Oni), are they not xtians? Will any of the states mentioned above ever want anything associated with those characters in their states again?

These so called xtians clerics are so dull and very lazy thinkers. Anyway, it is when people don't fit anywhere that they go into religion as a means of livelihood.

And if we have to base voting on religion, how many states in SW will have any xtian in government?

with Oyo state having 80% Muslims as an estimate, we wont only continuously have Muslim governors but Muslim first ladies as well.

The bigot called cleric should be arrested like someone said.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by deols(f): 7:10am On Jun 10, 2013
adeban01: If Mr Folarin wants leadership positions to be rotated between muslim and christians I want to let him know that the muslims have been more patient than the christians.Despite the large population of muslims in southwest Nigeria,all the seven ministers in Jonathans cabinet from the southwest are christians.If the muslims of south west Nigeria decided not no make noise about it the issue about a christian being a Lagos governor will be decided at the polls not in the church,

So the clu3less Jona has been stealing with his Christian brothers.

Mr. Cleric should come and tell us how this happens o

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by aquabeing: 7:12am On Jun 10, 2013
Ganys: Hmmm.. I CANT BELIEVE PEOPLE ARE NOT MAKING COMMENTS shocked shocked shocked, IMAGINE SAY NA SHEIK GUMI MADE THE CALL FOR A MUSLIM GOVERNOR IN PLATEAU STATE, THIS THREAD FOR DON REACH PAGE 20 CURSING AND DISTORTING ISLAM... GOD PASS UNA tongue tongue
USELESS BIGOTS angry angry angry angry

You sound like the real bigot here
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by deor03(m): 7:14am On Jun 10, 2013
The cleric is just loud mouthed

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 10, 2013
Afam4eva: In Lagos, we don't care whether the governor is a Christian or Muslim. Mr Folarin or whatever you call yourself, if you don't like it, go back to your village.
Would have been an excellent statement but Shobo is a name indigenous to lagos so which village are you referring to?
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by deols(f): 7:21am On Jun 10, 2013
born2fuckpussy: Religious is mental disorder, either christian or muslim. I thank God for my life, na direct service from home to God. Nothing religious in my dictionary. I no dey go church, I no dey go mosque, I no dey go babalawo house. But I get bible and english qua ran for my phone. That's enough

I think you need to be sure of where you stand.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by alyarmouk(m): 7:23am On Jun 10, 2013
very pathetic, instead of basing the post on qualification and willingness to transform he s basing it on religion. shame. am a christian buh I dsown the cleric on this.
he absolutely has nothing to say!
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by aquabeing: 7:37am On Jun 10, 2013
LagosShia:

imagine if the cleric was any muslim making a similar statement? nairaland with all its agberos and miscreants would be on fire with insults against islam and muslims as it often happens.

others have condemned his statement and I am also condemning it.and it is not the first time Christians even on nairaland have raised this topic of discrimination.the anger you are accusing me of and in fact coupled with jealousy is in your fellows,not in me.
Mr man go and sit down joor
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Antivirus92(m): 7:38am On Jun 10, 2013
ranting! lagos next governor must be a christian. we dont even have muslims in the se and ss.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by musiwa26: 7:44am On Jun 10, 2013
deols, where are getting your information from.

nigeria in the western nigeria are christain. where do you get your figures from..
that is pictures to show you..
that is lagos and that is ibadan... you people should leave your villages and come to yorubaland.

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Lordwize(m): 7:52am On Jun 10, 2013
jjcbuthot: What is this retardeen called cleric expecting from a xtian gov in Lagos? The criminals that we chase out of power in Ogun (Daniel), Oyo (Alao Akala), Osun (Oyinlola), and Ekiti (Oni), are they not xtians? Will any of the states mentioned above ever want anything associated with those characters in their states again?

These so called xtians clerics are so dull and very lazy thinkers. Anyway, it is when people don't fit anywhere that they go into religion as a means of livelihood.

And if we have to base voting on religion, how many states in SW will have any xtian in government?
What is the difference, between you and the cleric?
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by SHAAWA: 7:54am On Jun 10, 2013
[quote
author=duality]

My friend, speak for yourself. there are lots who do care. if no one
cares as you think this story will not arise. Lagos is lucky to have an
administrator who is prudent with religious issues. if Lagos had someone
like senator Yerima as Gov, you will know that Lagosians are Nigerians
who take religion seriously.[/quote]

Just listen to yourself, we talking of good governance and your talking of 'what ifs' so muslims should be banned from lagos politics so that you dont vote for 'Yerima'?
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by naiijaboii: 7:58am On Jun 10, 2013
I am a christian BUT this cleric is clearly an slowpoke lacking the objectivity, open mindedness and neutrality required from modern day progressive Nigerians!! What da hell does it matter where the governor comes from?? How does it affect his performance in office?? Ibori, Alamesigha, Goodluck, etc are all christians.....how does religion affect good govenance I wish i could hit him on the head with a wooden cross!!
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by mu2sa2: 8:17am On Jun 10, 2013
There is likely a politician using this cleric to test the waters. After all most xtians voted for gej in 2011 because they were told to do so by their church. Folarin is just repeating the same blunder.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by jumobi1(m): 8:19am On Jun 10, 2013
A free and fair election is all that matters
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by dridowu: 8:20am On Jun 10, 2013
Thank God, am from South West, where know 1 can brainwashed us with religion. We are religion tolerant people. We tolerant christain,muslim and traditional. We are 1
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by goodtalk(m): 8:26am On Jun 10, 2013
I cant seem to remember when last a christian ever was a governor of lagos state it looks like forever, at least i know buba mawa was a muslim an tinubu ruled 8yrs and his boy fashola is ruling for 8yrs, so agregating the 3 persons, its almost twenty straight years of muslims ruling in lagos, haba! And people are saying its of no relevance to ask for a christian governor come 2015, my friend u guys must be joking, if u feel a good governor material cannot emmernate from the christian fold that can rule lagos well, if i may ask self is lagos a muslim state? Whats the population of christians to muslim in lagos? Your answer is as good as mine,na christians plenty pass and so why cant we ask for a christian governor, i remember some years back that tinubu while he was governor impounded t'he ikeja land of a major church in nigeria, and why was that? Ask me ? I dont know why, the land was not encrouching on the roads and it had c of o, if na christian governor he wont have done that. tinubu listen up! Select and present a christian candidate for the guba polls on acn plartform or very soon you will begin to feel the anger of our God. Hisssssssssssssssi
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 10, 2013
I know am more sensible than some men of God.Even with enough alcohol in my bloodstream,I wud never spew this nonsensical nonsensicus!!! grin angry
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by bidis: 8:28am On Jun 10, 2013
Nlng past ques and ans call 07063325533
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by BetaThings: 8:36am On Jun 10, 2013
duality:

My friend, speak for yourself. there are lots who do care. if no one cares as you think this story will not arise. Lagos is lucky to have an administrator who is prudent with religious issues. if Lagos had someone like senator Yerima as Gov, you will know that Lagosians are Nigerians who take religion seriously.

What if the Christian governor is also like Reverend King or Jonah Jang of Plateau who
1. declared that Plateau is a Christian state which CAN did not object to
2. was particularly biased and is NOT A FATHER TO ALL as confirmed by the former NSA, Late Gen Owoye Azazi. Watch this clip
The Muslims would also be right to be worried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JJ_N7bZfB8
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by easyz(m): 8:40am On Jun 10, 2013
Afam4eva: In Lagos, we don't care whether the governor is a Christian or Muslim. Mr Folarin or whatever you call yourself, if you don't like it, go back to your village.
May God bless U̶̲̥̅̊
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by Cholison(m): 8:45am On Jun 10, 2013
We should not advocate for religious leadership in a political setting. We should seek for those that will deliver and improve our socio-economic advancement of all regardless of religion. This cleric is not speaking on behalf of christians.
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by BetaThings: 8:45am On Jun 10, 2013
goodtalk: I cant seem to remember when last a christian ever was a governor of lagos state it looks like forever, at least i know buba mawa was a muslim an tinubu ruled 8yrs and his boy fashola is ruling for 8yrs, so agregating the 3 persons, its almost twenty straight years of muslims ruling in lagos, haba! And people are saying its of no relevance to ask for a christian governor come 2015, my friend u guys must be joking,

Marwa succeeded Oyinlola
When Oyinlola was governor in Osun state, his deputy was also a christian. Did Muslims complain?
The most selfish and intolerant people in Nigeria are Christians

goodtalk:
if u feel a good governor material cannot emmernate from the christian fold that can rule lagos well, if i may ask self is lagos a muslim state? Whats the population of christians to muslim in lagos? Your answer is as good as mine,na christians plenty pass and so why cant we ask for a christian governor, i remember some years back that tinubu while he was governor impounded t'he ikeja land of a major church in nigeria, and why was that? Ask me ? I dont know why, the land was not encrouching on the roads and it had c of o, if na christian governor he wont have done that. tinubu listen up! Select and present a christian candidate for the guba polls on acn plartform or very soon you will begin to feel the anger of our God. Hisssssssssssssssi

But when Fashola demolished mosques, did you complain
In any case, I know there is always a vast gulf between Christians and the truth
Incidentally Tinubu's wife is a Christian. Just like fashola
I reckon that you were happy and instigated Fashola to try and ban Hijab in Lagos schools
Since 1999, Christians have been ruling at the national level, save 2.5 years of Yaradua
Now you still want to be there till 2027. How many years would that be?
And that will be okay! I believe you need to bury your conscience to be a proper Christian

You guys have thrown away the Bible and just live and breathe hate

4 Likes

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by killuminati(m): 8:46am On Jun 10, 2013
Fuccking hypocrites! But when Pastor Tunde Bakare was running for VP in 2011 all these bunch of bigots came out against him. So it's now that you know that religion goes hand in hand with politics? Crazy people!

1 Like

Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by emamos: 9:01am On Jun 10, 2013
God bless u
Re: Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections by rawagee: 9:10am On Jun 10, 2013
Akpan107: Lagos 2015: it must be a Christian governor or no lagos!!!
Akpabio come and destroy Lagos the Qua Ibo style, and Fashola go Fix Uyo d Lagos way! Akpan abi Udo go like am weli weli!
As a Niger Deltan state with highest 13% derivation, Akpaby and Attah have taken you guys nowhere man!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fatai Owoseni Visits Scene Of Isheri North Kidnapping / COVID-19: Taraba Government Relaxes Lockdown; Thanks Tarabans For Compliance / Senate To Bar FIRS, Customs, NBC, 57 Others From Getting Federal Allocations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.