Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour (14584 Views)

What's Happening In Anambra, All the Markets Closed. / Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? / Tinubu’s Mother, Abibat Mogaji Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by thelastPope(m): 2:40pm On Jun 18, 2013
ilugunboy:

You are the hypocrite here...those traditions you quoted are basically accepted to be bad because they bring grave or bodily injury to individuals..

How does closing market bring injury to anyone?

You just proved by this your post that you are not worth replying...shame on you! Who even gave you access to the Internet? Please I would like to talk to the person supervising you
Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by redsun(m): 2:42pm On Jun 18, 2013
Cultures and traditions are dynamic.The ones that are adaptable and compatible with the time should be kept and innovated.While the ones that disrupt businesses and lives like this one should be flushed down the drain.Especially when it is got to do with obvious traitor's family.It is an act of treachery.
Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by sureway1(m): 2:43pm On Jun 18, 2013
If its tradition ur forefather ride on horse..
why are you using cars..
they consult oracle..you don't
this is 21 century for gudness sake..you are suportin dis cos u are not affectd.
let also assume boko haram dey do tradition n stop killing dem
Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by Wiseoldman: 2:43pm On Jun 18, 2013
thelastPope:

Stop spewing this backwardness my friend! Is weekend a tradition? So our observance of saturday and sunday as work free days is tradition? Your free education is questionable honestly!

I really wonder why u would insult me?

Nonetheless i would advice you to petition the Oba of Lagos or other Obas in Yoruba land to have such customs removed from our culture as it is backward, the same way an european feels prostrating for ones parent is backward..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 18, 2013
thelastPope: [size=14pt]Your culture ends where my freedom starts![/size]

This is 2013 not 1654!

Why u wan kill yourself? Is it because you realise lagos is not a no man's land like you dolts always say?

If the day comes the oba says don't come out, you take your flat head and go out claiming lagos was once fct maybe you'll ever return home! cheesy

This is what I call a rude awakening for some flat heads out there.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by ud4u: 2:46pm On Jun 18, 2013
what a nonsense, just kept people hungry for nothing
Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by thelastPope(m): 2:47pm On Jun 18, 2013
Wise_old_man:

I really wonder why u would insult me?

Nonetheless i would advice you to petition the Oba of Lagos or other Oba's in Yoruba land to have such customs removed from our culture as it is backward, the same way an european feels prostrating for ones parent is backward..

I didnt insult you! I only questioned your intellect because of your reply. If you feel insulted, I am sorry.

It isnt the same thing with prostrating. When you close shops, you deprive people of funds, access to food, even deprive them of medical aid. There are some who would have gone out this morning to get drugs and they met the pharmacies closed. Please dont compare oranges and apples. I dont care about tradition that doesnt have an effect on my wellbeing
Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 18, 2013
thelastPope:

You just proved by this your post that you are not worth replying...shame on you! Who even gave you access to the Internet? Please I would like to talk to the person supervising you

grin grin grin grin grin

You know what....you are not just worth it...you are really thelastlostPope
Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by thelastPope(m): 2:49pm On Jun 18, 2013
django1:

Why u wan kill yourself? Is it because you realise lagos is not a no man's land like you dolts always say?

If the day comes the oba says don't come out, you take your flat head and go out claiming lagos was once fct maybe you'll ever return home! cheesy

This is what I call a rude awakening for some flat heads out there.

Your foolsihness is hinged on your tribalism so there is obviuosly no cure for it. In your bigot mind, anyone who opposes a bad Lagos policy must be Igbo. You see yourself? Do I look like Igbo to you? Ignoramus!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 18, 2013
thelastPope:

Your foolsihness is hinged on your tribalism so there is obviuosly no cure for it. In your bigot mind, anyone who opposes a bad Lagos policy must be Igbo. You see yourself? Do I look like Igbo to you? Ignoramus!

Stop arrogantly insulting people that don't agree with you here Mr Man......this place has been relatively civil..at the rate you are going throwing insults...we can return the favor adequately.
Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by thelastPope(m): 2:54pm On Jun 18, 2013
ilugunboy:

Stop arrogantly insulting people that don't agree with you here Mr Man......this place has been relatively civil..at the rate you are going throwing insults...we can return the favor adequately.

For the last time, I will not discuss with you. I will only speak with your supervisor! Sorry!
Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 18, 2013
thelastPope:

For the last time, I will not discuss with you. I will only speak with your supervisor! Sorry!

Weak as usual.. grin grin
Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 18, 2013
The "Jews" will claim to be most affected especially if they are still observing a-stand-in-the-sun exercise to make up the loss of the sit-at-home exercise of 08/06/'13.
Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by Demdem(m): 2:58pm On Jun 18, 2013
ilugunboy:

Weak as usual.. grin grin

And daft. RIP iyaloja.
Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by gratiaeo(m): 2:58pm On Jun 18, 2013
In a civilized country you don't see kind of thing
Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by Wiseoldman: 3:01pm On Jun 18, 2013
thelastPope:

I didnt insult you! I only questioned your intellect because of your reply. If you feel insulted, I am sorry.

It isnt the same thing with prostrating. When you close shops, you deprive people of funds, access to food, even deprive them of medical aid. There are some who would have gone out this morning to get drugs and they met the pharmacies closed. Please dont compare oranges and apples. I dont care about tradition that doesnt have an effect on my wellbeing

Question my intellect? "Oooo Serious"

Funny you...For your information i'm quite intelligent (I think? lol)
But seriously, they have been doing these kind of things since..... and its obviously not new, i don't know why this is different?

I guess its because its Lagos State sha...there are parts of Imo that i dear not kill a snake (even if it crawls under my bedsheet) and parts of Oyo i dear not walk after 7pm for most part of the month...

Let Lagos enjoy its culture too....lol
Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by teskyg: 3:02pm On Jun 18, 2013
Its not compulsory to force people to obey an ancient tradition.Most people would have prefared to open their shops for Businesses but were prevented by touts.

If it is GEJ in Lagos,all the media will be awashed with views and comments.
If Fashola mum dies,the will declare a no movement in lagos.
Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by theripper3: 3:04pm On Jun 18, 2013
thelastPope:

Funny enough, pple like dat come from Iragbiji or ikire in osun state but are happy for toll gates in lagos. Na only here all of dem b lagosians, I no know who come from the other 4 SW states.

U are lucky she is not buried with like 8 human heads. I doubt if she won't eventually. All those strong titles have some fiendish rites attached to them.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by thelastPope(m): 3:05pm On Jun 18, 2013
Wise_old_man:

Question my intellect? "Oooo Serious"

Funny you...For your information i'm quite intelligent (I think? lol)
Buy seriously, they have been doing these kind of things since..... and its obviously not new, i don't know why this is different?

I guess its because its Lagos State sha...there are parts of Imo that i dear not kill a snake (even if it crawls under my bedsheet) and parts of Oyo i dear not walk after 7pm for most part of the month...

Let Lagos enjoy its culture too....lol

Whether it is Imo or Oyo, what is wrong is wrong. If I see a post that says the same thing in Imo or Calabar or Kaduna, I will oppose it. I didnt support the MASSOB sit at home. But even that was voluntary. It was not observed in Enugu!
Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 18, 2013
thelastPope:

Shut your trap my friend! Did the Yoruba market women tell you they are happy with the decision? Do you know how many are grumbling this morning? You seat in Alausa and do what you like and talk like you have the peoples support when all the market women are swearing for you and it will surely catch you!
you should be the SI unit of stupidity,so closing the markets for a day ll make market women go bankrupt & die of starvation,common you can do better,restart your LAPTOP & justify your worth

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 18, 2013
teskyg: Its not compulsory to force people to obey an ancient tradition.Most people would have prefared to open their shops for Businesses but were prevented by touts.

If it is GEJ in Lagos,all the media will be awashed with views and comments.
If Fashola mum dies,the will declare a no movement in lagos.
Because it is happening in Lagos, where the "Jews" claim to own, it is now an ancient tradition? How would you then describe MASSOB's forcing people to sit at home? Reason before making any post.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2013
thelastPope:

For your information, the so called partakers are already swearing for you! It is not tradition. It is impunity and backwardness! Your tradition line is very weak
how can you be so sure they are swearing? Are you a market janitor? Just relax,you ll have your job back,it's just for a day buddy

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 18, 2013
Professor Peter: Nonsensical nonsense. In twenty first century to close markets because a market leader died is primitive, it is against the constitution. They should go around people's houses stopping people from eating as well. Nonsense
Can you school us better on how its against the constitution,if you don't know what to type,you had better be reading comments

1 Like

Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by cycline404(m): 3:13pm On Jun 18, 2013
Shai na now i no say Bleep up dey... because of this woman stay at home economy grounding issue, they made me not to eat my favourite lunch @Ekaite.... cry cry
Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by teskyg: 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2013
Now we truly know who owns Lagos.LASG is clueless on why shops should be close loosing hundred of millons as TAX today.Jangaba run Lag not boy Fash.
Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 18, 2013
UPDATE.
*From Fagunoyibo in Ladipo Market, the exercise is being observed without people being forced, thouh some people are complaining of "njo ahi."
*From Famokun in Alaba, the exercise, though would make traders not to make sales today, nobody's shop is being looted and vehicles are moving.

What is the situation like in Oshodi, Katangowa, Idumota, etc? We just have to keep our tradition.
Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by davidflo(m): 3:21pm On Jun 18, 2013
KGB2008: @ Musiwa,then this the first Market Leader that died in Lagos.I have reside in Lagos for over 15 years and market has never been shut down for any of those reason?A 97 years woman ? shocked
she had been the Market leader for more than 15yrs. She was d iyaoloja when u got to lagos.
Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 18, 2013
teskyg: Now we truly know who owns Lagos.LASG is clueless on why shops should be close loosing hundred of millons as TAX today.Jangaba run Lag not boy Fash.
Your comment makes me conclude that your education is a waste..
Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 18, 2013
babe4chi: well said!!!

I'm Sorry too for all that!
No make up kiss? Like seriously? So I was just following you 2 for nothing?

Nice it ended in a truce,.
Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 18, 2013
This is what I love about the whole exercise, no case of OPC looting or preventing vehicles from moving. Eko o ni baje o!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by mbourie(m): 3:26pm On Jun 18, 2013
A day is understandable, but these things started since sunday. Yesterday i sent my younger sister to get super eagle's jersey at oshodi all to no avail, same thing today. I thought the 'agberos' we have in lagos have been thrown to the dustbin of history....For where!!! Let us call a spade a spade, 3 days is abnormal to mourn the dead at the expense of someone's family's income.....or is that southwesterners like holiday? Fuel subsidy holiday, mko abiola holiday, iyaloja mid-term break etc. I won't be surprised 16th of june, 2014 would be declared a compulsory public holiday by our southwest cabals and cartels-leaders. The rhetorical question i keep on asking myself is 'will nigeria change before the world comes to an end?' Chinua achebe said i quote ' the trouble with nigeria is our leaders,' but he omitted one thing 'followers.' Followers have contributed to the troubles and problems of our great country right from the onset of her corruption....absorbing everything all in the name of culture and kick backs!!! Which way my fellow nigerians cum nairalanders?
Re: Lagos Markets Closed In Abibat Mogaji's Honour by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 18, 2013
thelastPope:

Dnt mind the scratched face idi.ot. Big time bigots always pointing amala stained fingers eastward.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Court Orders Temporary Forfeiture Of Diezani's N325m Land In Lekki To FG / Court Asked To Sack Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari, Boss Mustapha / Ameerah Sufyan: Police Investigate Kidnap Of Woman In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.