Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,069 members, 7,859,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 08:26 PM

The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal - Properties (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal (104926 Views)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / My Construction Journal 2 / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Fhemmmy: 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2013
brabus:

Maybe we should do another BB playbook 64GB, the last one I bought from you was stolen.
If I can get a sim-enabled version, I'll be so glad.

SIM enabled is not easy to come by and when we found one, the price aint worth the trouble
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 2:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
Fhemmmy:

SIM enabled is not easy to come by and when we found one, the price aint worth the trouble

Let me use this medium to pre-order a 64GB blackberry playbook from Sir Fhemmmy.

When should I be expecting my package?
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Fhemmmy: 2:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
brabus:

Let me use this medium to pre-order a 64GB blackberry playbook from Sir Fhemmmy.

When should I be expecting my package?

I wont be able to get you a SIM Enabled and sorry to hear that the last one was stolen . . . Brand New or Used? Though brand new now is like take out the teeth of a lion that is hungry cos RIMs aint making them anymore
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 2:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I wont be able to get you a SIM Enabled and sorry to hear that the last one was stolen . . . Brand New or Used? Though brand new now is like take out the teeth of a lion that is hungry cos RIMs aint making them anymore

I have a MiFi device so the sim-enabled version wont matter again. Afterall, it cant even make calls.
I'll suggest you give a calf to the lion in exchange for a teeth.

Let's get a brand new one out-of-box.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Fhemmmy: 2:54pm On Sep 13, 2013
brabus:

I have a MiFi device so the sim-enabled version wont matter again. Afterall, it cant even make calls.
I'll suggest you give a calf to the lion in exchange for a teeth.

Lol . . .
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 7:17pm On Sep 13, 2013
Quick Update

Roof measured by Wichtech Industries Ltd. Interestingly, we have ridges in about 27 places. Thanks to Sir Ihebrooke for the amazing shape of the roof.

Awaiting the bills now.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 7:25am On Sep 15, 2013
Just Pictures...

Pic 1: Mass attack from various tradesmen
Pic 2: Measuring the ridge
Pic 3: Wichtech Colour Chat
Pic 4: Arrival of the experts at the site

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 6:28am On Sep 17, 2013
Project Update

Cutting corners is a common practice in Nigeria, with developers and builders keen to reduce construction costs, often at the expense of the structural integrity/safety of the building. It is often in the places that can not be seen that these corners are cut. In this project, we are adhering to the highest possible international construction standards.

A lot have happened since I left the site on Saturday. Here are the milestones achieved already:

Plastering of the Parapet - fully completed.

Plastering of the Decking - fully completed

Plastering of the Staircase - Completed

Mechanical Final Fix - We have completed works on all the interior and exterior plumbing works for the Chateau and a pressure test (using test bucket) will be carried out tomorrow to check for leakages before we cover it up. We can't be too sure. Its professional to check everything over and over again.

Electrical wiring - All of the electrical wiring (including low voltage, TV, data/voice) for the Chateau (upper floor, ground floor, exterior security lights, grave site) have been completed in preparation for the POP ceiling to be fitted and rendering of the walls. Here's another scary area where developers and builders cut corners in Nigeria.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 6:42am On Sep 17, 2013
Breakfast Update: Internal plastering of the Chateau (Ground Floor/Upper Floor) have commenced.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Qc1(m): 9:45am On Sep 17, 2013
brabus: Project Update

Cutting corners is a common practice in Nigeria, with developers and builders keen to reduce construction costs, often at the expense of the structural integrity/safety of the building. It is often in the places that can not be seen that these corners are cut. In this project, we are adhering to the highest possible international construction standards.

A lot have happened since I left the site on Saturday. Here are the milestones achieved already:

Plastering of the Parapet - fully completed.

Plastering of the Decking - fully completed

Plastering of the Staircase - Completed

Mechanical Final Fix - We have completed works on all the interior and exterior plumbing works for the Chateau and a pressure test (using test bucket) will be carried out tomorrow to check for leakages before we cover it up. We can't be too sure. Its professional to check everything over and over again.

Electrical wiring - All of the electrical wiring (including low voltage, TV, data/voice) for the Chateau (upper floor, ground floor, exterior security lights, grave site) have been completed in preparation for the POP ceiling to be fitted and rendering of the walls. Here's another scary area where developers and builders cut corners in Nigeria.

If I may ask, how much have you spent on this project to this stage ? Thanks
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 7:49pm On Sep 17, 2013
Picture Updates

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Fhemmmy: 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2013
This is what i called Pix . . . Thanks
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 7:55pm On Sep 17, 2013
Rendering 45% loading...

Today alone, we were able to finish rendering the following rooms:

1. Dining Room
2. Dining Terrace
3. Lounge/TV Room
4. Guest Bedroom
5. Bedroom 2 (Upper Floor)
6. Stairwell (Ground Floor)

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 7:59pm On Sep 17, 2013
Fhemmmy: This is what i called Pix . . . Thanks

All thanks to Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Fhemmmy: 8:00pm On Sep 17, 2013
brabus:

All thanks to Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom.

Sharp and crisp, i love it
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 8:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
Our parapet fully rendered...

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 8:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
Trenching in utilities...

Burying the 100mm PVC Pipe.

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 8:25pm On Sep 17, 2013
More pictures from the Chateau

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by thosedays: 8:38pm On Sep 17, 2013
Nice job brabus
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 9:05pm On Sep 17, 2013
Finally, this evening... More picture updates later tomorrow.

Coming soon later this week and next week

1. Roof Tiles Installation
2. POP Works/Internal Wall Screeding
3. Ornamental/Architectural Designs
4. Wall Tiles Installation

Watch out for new and exciting blog posts from next week "The Chateau in Ile-Oluji: Making it a home".

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Fhemmmy: 9:16pm On Sep 17, 2013
The pix are so clear like i am inside it
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:44am On Sep 18, 2013
thosedays: Nice job brabus

Thank you. Your presence and time on this thread is highly appreciated.

[size=14]"We are as good as the last home we built."[/size]

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 6:40am On Sep 19, 2013
Project Update

Due to intermittent connectivity issue, we have not been able to update this thread with latest pictures from the construction site

We are very sorry about this.

Thank you.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by spyder880(m): 7:26am On Sep 19, 2013
brabus: Project Update

Due to intermittent connectivity issue, we have not been able to update this thread with latest pictures from the construction site

We are very sorry about this.

Thank you.

Yes connectivity has been very poor of recent, took me hours to upload anything, and most times I fail to get network access. You are doing fine bros.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Fhemmmy: 1:44pm On Sep 19, 2013
I just cant stop loving the detailing . . . .Awesome!
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 3:06pm On Sep 19, 2013
That Parapet is lovely.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Fhemmmy: 3:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
mufutau55: That Parapet is lovely.

Hajji Mufutau

Super duper lovely
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 5:22pm On Sep 19, 2013
Clean, Crisp and Clear - Pictures of the Chateau

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 5:27pm On Sep 19, 2013
A whole lot of them coming in...

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 5:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
Internal Wall Rendering of the Chateau nearing 90% completion...

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Fhemmmy: 5:34pm On Sep 19, 2013
Nigerian handy men are too superb
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 5:36pm On Sep 19, 2013
The Home We Built

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (49) (Reply)

This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos / Build a Standard 3Bedroom On A half Plot Of 324sqmetres at an Affordable Cost / Can I Build This Type Of House In Three Months?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.