Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,921 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal - Properties (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal (104375 Views)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / My Construction Journal 2 / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by BrabusNG: 1:37pm On Dec 31, 2013

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by BrabusNG: 1:38pm On Dec 31, 2013

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by kopell: 1:43pm On Dec 31, 2013
@Hajj mufutau, there in no need to make a U-turn pipe back to his property, it will create enemy of life time with your neighbor. My opinion. It not the neighbor fault is the system that does not as compliance stranded that cause it.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by gabbytabby: 1:45pm On Dec 31, 2013
mufutau55:

When it comes to things like this I am very notorious, given that the neighbors did not even tell you this until you find it yourself;
I would re-routed the pipes back to his own house, something like a U-Turn. I am sure what he did was illegal anyway. You guys are good..

Hajji Mufutau

You are like me here. My first comment would be what the heck. Dig up all the buried pipe on my side of the fence and if he does not do the needful quick enough re-route it back to his house. Considering that the main reason that this building might have needed a raft foundation in the first place might have been due the this long standing issue. That might be the minimum I will do.

I had a neighbour who directed his water out of his house to the street and it ended up by my fence such that the fence was at risk of collapse. I suggested he dig a manhole in front of his house(I even offered him materials) if he does not want to dig a gutter and nothing happened. In the end I dug a gutter and concreted it together with some of the road such that his water stayed in front of his house. All of a sudden he found the money and asked what I meant by the manhole and he went on and got it done. Its so annoying cos his manhole was only about 10k while he cost me to bring forward and spend about 200k before I was ready to do it.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by spyder880(m): 2:02pm On Dec 31, 2013
Brabus NG:

The neighbour cannot afford that at the moment. So, we are fixing it for him.

My main man Brabus, I love your spirit! I trust in your abilities, keep it moving bro!
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by gabbytabby: 2:39pm On Dec 31, 2013
Brabus,

Personally, you do not owe me an apology. We root for you because we know that at least your work spoke for itself at ile iluji but it is frustrating that you appear to be playing games with your clients when it comes to finances. This does not continue to bring you clients in the long run.

Let your work and your conduct speak for you and you will not look for work but if will find you in Jesus name.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Missktinz: 2:47pm On Dec 31, 2013
Brabus NG: Water Problem: Another source found

Waste water drain pipe from the neighbours was directed into the plot and buried underground. The underground drain leading water away from the neighbours building does not have sufficient slope to carry water away because the street is higher than their land. As a result, they choose to empty their waste water in our plot.

The Fix

We intend to introduce a perimeter drain immediately after the final backfilling of the house to redirect all waste waters away from the house.

Please explain what you mean by perimeter drain because I have the same issue too presently. Thanks
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by twinskenny(m): 3:19pm On Dec 31, 2013
Oga B

Dont be discourage by the happening of the past.. try to make amend and stay focus. God will see you through

been a long time?

Happy new year....
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by twinskenny(m): 3:24pm On Dec 31, 2013
baba_eko:

Dont understand this, if the neighbour is causing nuisance, why not just redirect the pipe back into his plot ?
People shouldnt be allowed to get away with, I cannot afford to fix it, clearly the neighbour is passing his own problem to another person.

you create more problem by doing this...better u take care of it if u can
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 3:30pm On Dec 31, 2013
baba_eko:

Dont understand this, if the neighbour is causing nuisance, why not just redirect the pipe back into his plot ?
People shouldnt be allowed to get away with, I cannot afford to fix it, clearly the neighbour is passing his own problem to another person.

See my post above.. that is exactly how I felt.. Make a U-TURN pipe and redirect the water to his house.. and he will learn.
We allow nonsense in Nigeria, so it keeps rolling from one person to another.. Is there no Building Code against that?

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 3:34pm On Dec 31, 2013
kopell: @Hajj mufutau, there in no need to make a U-turn pipe back to his property, it will create enemy of life time with your neighbor. My opinion. It not the neighbor fault is the system that does not as compliance stranded that cause it.

NO. We cannot blame the system for everything.. Yes, I know we have no drainage system in most part of Nigeria, but commonsense
should tell the guy you cannot route that kind of pipe to another persons land.. he can create a drainage system in his own land
and sink the water there.. Next thing you know he will come and build his soak-away in his neighbors yard.
Lifetime enemy.. who cares.. Fence the guy out and let him stay with his enemity..

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by gabbytabby: 3:34pm On Dec 31, 2013
I am not sure that the current solution is not just a temporary one as ultimately the water in the perimeter drain(small gutter) will foul the area with time. If I am not mistaken, the neighbour still needs to dig a soakaway or septic tank and connect the pipe to it.

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2013
gabbytabby:

You are like me here. My first comment would be what the heck. Dig up all the buried pipe on my side of the fence and if he does not do the needful quick enough re-route it back to his house. Considering that the main reason that this building might have needed a raft foundation in the first place might have been due the this long standing issue. That might be the minimum I will do.

I had a neighbour who directed his water out of his house to the street and it ended up by my fence such that the fence was at risk of collapse. I suggested he dig a manhole in front of his house(I even offered him materials) if he does not want to dig a gutter and nothing happened. In the end I dug a gutter and concreted it together with some of the road such that his water stayed in front of his house. All of a sudden he found the money and asked what I meant by the manhole and he went on and got it done. Its so annoying cos his manhole was only about 10k while he cost me to bring forward and spend about 200k before I was ready to do it.

Thank you my sister... I thought I was out of time in Nigeria.. But you have to use iron-hand to deal with some people in this country..
They knew what they were doing but they always thought they will get away with it.. Somebody need to stand-up to them sometimes.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Fhemmmy: 4:07pm On Dec 31, 2013
Back in class
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by BrabusNG: 4:43pm On Dec 31, 2013
As 2013 draws its curtains!

We want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for a happy ending at last. Students are back in class, ASUU strike is over... We want to wish everyone A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR as we move into 2014. We have only 1 New year resolution and that is to keep on working in partnership with you to provide great homes that you want to live in, at a price you can afford. Help us be better and better this new year.

We know that, more than ever, our ability to deliver for our client is about the fantastic partnerships we have.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

NextHome Builders.

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Degis(m): 4:45pm On Dec 31, 2013
mufutau55:

NO. We cannot blame the system for everything.. Yes, I know we have no drainage system in most part of Nigeria, but commonsense
should tell the guy you cannot route that kind of pipe to another persons land.. he can create a drainage system in his own land
and sink the water there.. Next thing you know he will come and build his soak-away in his neighbors yard.
Lifetime enemy.. who cares.. Fence the guy out and let him stay with his enemity..

Hajji Mufutau

Hajji Mufutau,

There are some battles that are not necessary to fight because of the fact that good neighborliness is a hedge against unseen issues of life. The man messed up big time but it will amount to double whammy if you decide to U turn the waste into his plot because after a while if he is non challant about it the smell and airborne communicable diseases are also going to affect you and your family in the long run
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by jam04(m): 5:20pm On Dec 31, 2013
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by lawyer(m): 5:52pm On Dec 31, 2013
@brabus

You have been unbanned. Let this guide you on future transactions with NLanders and how to keep a good relationship with them in the Newyear.

@The rest

Lets move forward. 2014 will usher in greater things for us and let's be less forgiving!

Cheers

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Fhemmmy: 5:58pm On Dec 31, 2013
^^^ Impressed.....
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by helpee(m): 6:38pm On Dec 31, 2013
So happy for u chief!!! Concentrate more on the client than on the thread. U dont need to update the the thread everyday. U dont even need to answer every question. Do everything in your power to satisfy the client and the work, rather than the lecture u give on nairaland will broadcast your ability. Let me bé honest with you...ninety percent of the followers on this thread are now waiting for you to make a silly mistake again and if you give them the chance to rubbish you again, too bad. Left to me, i am not comfortable that you are putting up this project in public view so soon. I would rather you finished the project and then update in retrospect. Nevertheless, i wish you best of luck...

2 Likes

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by segcymoor(m): 7:18pm On Dec 31, 2013
Brabus NG:
Bros, you all deserve the apology because I failed on my part. The two clients complaining on this thread have given me over N70m in a single year. They deserve better. They are my biggest loss in 2013.
I've already tidied up the next projects with them before the saga. So, it's a very painful loss to me.
Hmm. I feel you! Take heart guy.....life goes on
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Qc1(m): 8:16pm On Dec 31, 2013
olubuffett: Brabus,

Why don't you just tell the neighbour to take is pipe off and fix the problem.

^^^
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Qc1(m): 8:24pm On Dec 31, 2013
mufutau55:

When it comes to things like this I am very notorious, given that the neighbors did not even tell you this until you find it yourself;
I would re-routed the pipes back to his own house, something like a U-Turn. I am sure what he did was illegal anyway. You guys are good..

Hajji Mufutau

I'm with you on this one considering dude didn't tell me jack about the pipe. Moreover, he was there when I was curious and looking for the source of the problem. I'm just trying to play Mr. Nice guy for the moment because I'm banging his daughter. Plus I'm the newest resident on the block.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 9:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
Qc-1:

I'm just trying to play Mr. Nice guy for the moment because I'm banging his daughter.

Well, well, we are now talking... this supersedes anything else.. I would have done the same in your case.. future in father-in-law.
Does he have more beautiful daughters? smiley

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Qc1(m): 10:27pm On Dec 31, 2013
mufutau55:

Well, well, we are now talking... this supersedes anything else.. I would have done the same in your case.. future in father-in-law.

Hajji Mufutau

Lol...Hajj...no be small thing ooooooo. It's good to be a new kid on the block and enjoy it while it last. grin with the rate the mom is taxing me, I don't think there will be future in-law anything oooo.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by gabbytabby: 10:34pm On Dec 31, 2013
mufutau55:

Hajji Mufutau

Hajj una dey look for no 2 or 3 or 4 grin grin
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by BrabusNG: 10:54pm On Dec 31, 2013
Before the year runs out...

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by BrabusNG: 10:56pm On Dec 31, 2013
And...

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 11:00pm On Dec 31, 2013
Qc-1:

Lol...Hajj...no be small thing ooooooo. It's good to be a new kid on the block and enjoy it while it last. grin with the rate the mom is taxing me, I don't think there will be future in-law anything oooo.

I guess money for hand... back for ??
Just make sure you no get caught... that thing is catchy... you no go know when it happens.

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 11:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
Hmm. Hmm (clears throat) Hello Testing in Agbajelola's voice.

Brabus is back!!
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 11:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
gabbytabby:

Hajj una dey look for no 2 or 3 or 4 grin grin

According to the Late Ayinde Barrister.. "I just want to be like those Prophet in the Holy Quran" smiley
I gotta tell you, there are temptations everywhere especially in Naija, if I no love my wife.. I for don get 10 self!
But no be me.. I be good boy oh!

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 11:05pm On Dec 31, 2013
Brabus NG: Before the year runs out...

Well done Oga Brabus.. You don almost finish this house oh!

Hajji Mufutau

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (Reply)

Build a Standard 3Bedroom On A half Plot Of 324sqmetres at an Affordable Cost / Can I Build This Type Of House In Three Months? / Our Electrical Installations (conduit, Wiring & Fittings)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.