Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? (27852 Views)

What She Got As Christmas Gift From Him - Pictured / Things You Must Not Do For The Man You Are Dating / Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by TheSly: 4:22am On Apr 24, 2008
How many naija guys here can honestly say that they will take a woman out to dinner or lunch without expecting something in return?
I Can and as a matter of fact!! I have done it before. . . . . .till now nothing happened
How about that? cool

Taking gift is nothing. . . . . .ahh ahh Y'all are amazing. . . cheesy
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Nobody: 4:23am On Apr 24, 2008
My African people. . . . .Please wake up!!
This aint 1600. . . .dammit!  

Taking gifts is nothing. . . . .Thats why i like some of my female friends sha. . . .They are very smart!!!  cheesy

It's not about taking the gifts, it is what comes next after taking such gifts. It's just like smiling with a guy, the next thing you know he thinks you are head over heels in love undecided.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Nobody: 4:24am On Apr 24, 2008
What do you mean by me again?

We are from the planet of reality.
How many naija guys here can honestly say that they will take a woman out to dinner or lunch without expecting something in return?
It doesn't happen. Naija guys, no matter how rich, are not that generous.
They buy you meatpie - they expect you in their bed sometime. . . . .
They buy you a car, they expect the same.
As long as a gift is given by a man, he thinks of you as owing him.

This is funny grin grin grin
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Jackal1(m): 4:26am On Apr 24, 2008
@ stillwater,

Educate me brothers?
I don't roll with spastic brethren . . . . . .buying gifts for women does not equate to acceptance!!!!!!
This is not Noah's time . . . . .this is 2008, people.
Smiling with a guy? I see. . . . . I guess it must be the kind of brethren u roll with.
Make sure u count the number of guys dropping gifts on ur wedding day. . . . Lets hope they wont be asking u for sex after the ceremony.

@ J-girl,

Did i demand such when i bought those Gucci apparel for u?
Be sincere for once u man-eater!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
I am not mentally-shallow. . . . .buying gifts is what it is, gifts!!!!
So what happens when a geezer buys gifts for a man, does he expect sex from him too?
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by jgirl3: 4:30am On Apr 24, 2008
Sly - we get it, you're unique. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I said how many guys can say that. . . . . . . .
It's easy for you to say but that's because you're not in Naija. If you're used to getting what you want from girls by buying things for them - you'd be used to it.

As Still said - you guys are not on the recieving end and it is about the after-math of the gift collection.

@ Jackal - if you can buy a gucci bag for any girl, you're very special cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy BTW - i haven't gotten my gucci bag yet grin grin grin grin
I'm not a man-eater!!!!!!! i'm just a realistic sista who's seen it all.
If it's from a guy to a girl - then sex is expected. Anything else and it's just different.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Nobody: 4:34am On Apr 24, 2008
Make sure u count the number of guys dropping gifts on your wedding day. . . . Lets hope they wont be asking u for sex after the ceremony.

Roll eyes. OK let me be clear. I can take a gift from a guy  who is just a friend but I can't take a gift from a guy I do not like but still pesters me in going out with him at that moment in time. I hope I make sense. tongue
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by TheSly: 4:35am On Apr 24, 2008
stillwater:

It's not about taking the gifts, it is what comes next after taking such gifts. It's just like smiling with a guy, the next thing you know he thinks you are head over heels in love undecided.
Are u talking about ur secondary school days?
Chill with them real dudes i say. . . taking gift is nothing!!!!!

See this people cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy araoko!

Make sure u count the number of guys dropping gifts on your wedding day. . . . Lets hope they wont be asking u for sex after the ceremony.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Case dismissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by jgirl3: 4:37am On Apr 24, 2008
stillwater:

Roll eyes. OK let me be clear. I can take a gift from a guy who is just a friend but I can't take a gift from a guy I do not like but still pesters me in going out with him at that moment in time. I hope I make sense. tongue
Girl, even this one is tricky.
After they give you the gifts as just friends, some of them start hinting at relationships. I almost entered that trap with a guy 2 weeks ago. I still don't understand how you give a girl a nice, cheap gift one day and start hinting at[b] marriage[/b] two days after.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Antidote1(f): 4:39am On Apr 24, 2008
LOL, Will the REAL men in the house stand up?  Please guys stop lying, The whole world knows that you guys dont give nothing for nothing, So when you knowingly buy gifts for a young lady, your heart, mind and soul are ONLY on one thing, bootycalling, So please quit all this sanctimonial babbling about "not expecting anything in return",,It's a fat liar, Liar liar pants on fire angry
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Jackal1(m): 4:40am On Apr 24, 2008
Am i in the land of Philistines?
How can buying a gift for a girl makes me think she is my property?
A fucking gift?
Are u girls aware a $.01 card is a gift? Pen, Stationeries and all sorts of petty things are gifts and that equals SEX?

@ Stillwater,

Dont elaborate further. . . . .U have spewed what was on your mind.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Nobody: 4:41am On Apr 24, 2008
Are u talking about your secondary school days?
Chill with them real dudes i say. . . taking gift is nothing!!!!!

See this people araoko!

Who's talking about secondary school days? Leave that issue o jare. I've thrown it to the trash bin. We are talking about now, you guys should educate your brothers. araoko angry grin
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by jgirl3: 4:42am On Apr 24, 2008
Antidote - please tell them! I don't why they are coming in here trying to front. . . . .
@ Jackal - if you went to my secondary school, you would understand. A guy gives you a fancy pen one day and he's trying to hit it the next.
If they use the words "i got this for you" and the girl takes it, that's it!
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by TheSly: 4:45am On Apr 24, 2008
j-girl:

Girl, even this one is tricky.
After they give you the gifts as just friends, some of them start hinting at relationships. I almost entered that trap with a guy 2 weeks ago. I still don't understand how you give a girl a nice, cheap gift one day and start hinting at[b] marriage[/b] two days after.
Mogbe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin

Y'all will never understand. . . . . BTW who's missing? tongue
But u collected my diamonds sum months ago and we aint dating now. . .are we?
or did i ask for sex when it was presented to you? grin

Antidote
I am Up!!! cool
I cant believe this is emanating from you. . .what!! shocked
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Antidote1(f): 4:47am On Apr 24, 2008
The Sly:

Antidote
I am Up!!! cool
I can't believe this is emanating from you. . .what!! shocked

As My Mama used to say, speak the truth and it shall set you free cheesy cheesy cheesy, Yes it came from moi tongue

j-girl:

Antidote - please tell them! I don't why they are coming in here trying to front. . . . .

Fronting is their second name, that's why cheesy grin
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Jackal1(m): 4:48am On Apr 24, 2008
@ J-gal,

Which secondary school was that?
Besides, the oldest geezer in any secondary school cannot be older than  17 or 18 so skip the high school drama. grin grin grin
In the real world out there, no man tries to own u just because he buys a gift for u.

@ Antidote,

Dont make me whack ur head with a pig-tail. . . .
Men are very generous. . . . .they are not as tight-fisted as u women always looking for discount and sales in shops.
I know MEN can be sly and creepy sometimes but then some men will buy gifts for a gal and not even think of sex.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Nobody: 4:49am On Apr 24, 2008
@ Jackal - if you went to my secondary school, you would understand. A guy gives you a fancy pen one day and he's trying to hit it the next.
If they use the words "i got this for you" and the girl takes it, that's it!

Lmao!!!!!!! grin grin
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by jgirl3: 4:50am On Apr 24, 2008
@ Sly - the diamonds were fake jooooo! Afterall, we all know you both them for still but just decided to give to me at the last minute. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I'm waiting for the real one.

This thread is good o! I've gotten a gucci bag and diamonds in one day. Keep it coming guys smiley

@ Jackal - in the real world, it's just the same.
Perfume = sex
Shoes = sex
Bags = sex
Pen = sex
Flower = sex
Chocolate = sex
book = sex
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Okay i might have exaggerated a bit, but this is truly what happens.

Have you all heard of the experiment with the dogs, bell and food?
When the bell rings, the dogs are fed and after sometime, anytime the bell rings, the dogs start salivating.
It's the same case with guys and gifts.
They try it on a couple of girls.
Give her eraser and see if she sleeps with them.
Next day, give her ruler and see what happens.
After a while, it just becomes innate.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Nobody: 4:53am On Apr 24, 2008
Men are very generous. . . . .they are not as tight-fisted as u women always looking for discount and sales in shops.
I know MEN can be sly and creepy sometimes but then some men will buy gifts for a girl and not even think of sex.

Generous to women they have hidden agendas for.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Antidote1(f): 4:54am On Apr 24, 2008
Jackal.:

@ Antidote,

Dont make me whack your head with a pig-tail. . . .
I know MEN can be sly and creepy sometimes but then some men will buy gifts for a girl and not even think of sex.

CORRECTION there papi, it's call being frugal, not tight fist, We know know how to stretch the dollar.
And again, get out of your robe and start speaking in layman's terms, No more preaching jor,
As soon as you guys release that gift, your tolos  already singing and they havent even seen tun tun,
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Jackal1(m): 4:58am On Apr 24, 2008
@ Antidote,

You had me in stitches @ tolo singing and not seeing tun tun. grin grin grin grin

How does roaming around a store looking for a cheap bra translates to being prudent?
You spend 6 hrs looking for an item only to return it the next day because it doesn't match the colour of your thongiez!! grin grin
Have u forgotten time wasted equals $$$?
Men will always be on TOP and i aint a misogynist!!!!!
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by TheSly: 5:02am On Apr 24, 2008
As soon as you guys release that gift, your tolos already singing and they havent even seen tun tun,
grin grin
Guys have suffered!!
Im so speechless. . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Antidote1(f): 5:05am On Apr 24, 2008
Jackal.:

@ Antidote,

You had me in stitches @ tolo singing and not seeing tun tun. grin grin grin grin

How does roaming around a store looking for a cheap bra translates to being prudent?
You spend 6 hrs looking for an item only to return it the next day because it doesn't
fit the colour of the undies. grin grin
Have u forgotten time wasted equals $$$?
Men will always be on TOP and i aint a misogynist!!!!!
I see you are confuzzled, who said anyting about cheap ripoffs? LOL, Maybe you need to come back and let me take you shopping here to see how the major retailers swinddle one out of their money if they aren't smart.  GAP stocks their shelves with new clothes on a Wednesday, in 6 weeks time, or less you can purchase the same item for a faction of its original price, Now does that means the product has lost its quality? NOPE,
I can purchase a pair of Miu Miu for $100 less ( cant release this one though, I am a meanass shopper), same shoes that someone paid an arm and a leg for elsewhere, So please take "gift-totting group of men somewhere else . Try convincing others that your giving of gifts was done in good faith, becos me thinks NOT,
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Antidote1(f): 5:06am On Apr 24, 2008
The Sly:

grin grin
Guys have suffered!!
I'm so speechless. . . . . . . . . . .

Sly baby, no stress, ah still love u me buoy kiss kiss, Don't mind Jackal, he is high on garri tongue,
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by jgirl3: 5:07am On Apr 24, 2008
~Antidote~:

I can purchase a pair of Miu Miu for $100 less
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Are you serious?
ummm. . . . . antidote, we need to talk. smiley
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Antidote1(f): 5:08am On Apr 24, 2008
j-girl:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Are you serious?
ummm. . . . . antidote, we need to talk. smiley

LOL, ask around My shoes and my pocket books are sacred, grin grin grin grin grin, Thank God for the internet,
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Nobody: 5:09am On Apr 24, 2008
Guys have suffered
I'm so speechless

Because you know it's the truth!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by jgirl3: 5:12am On Apr 24, 2008
~Antidote~:

LOL, ask around My shoes and my pocket books are sacred, grin grin grin grin grin, Thank God for the internet,
Lol! I just have to be less busy and go to places with more sales.
At least - i know i can buy this without having to answer to some sex-starved man. lipsrsealed

Girls - leave these guys alone. I think they're trying to make themselves feel better about what they've done in the past. I'm sure Sly has done that to quite a few girls as for Jackal, with his strong need to defend himself, I think he's done it to tons of girls.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by TheSly: 5:13am On Apr 24, 2008
stillwater:

Because you know it's the truth!!!!!!!!!!
NO because i knew y'all would never accept the fact that some guys like me doesn't think like that. . . cool
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Jackal1(m): 5:15am On Apr 24, 2008
@ Antidote,

U dont have clue, babes.

Men are generous. . . .
I know men that will buy gifts for u without even having an idea of what u look like. . . .Does that mean they want u in bed?
Lets be realistic here!!!!!

@ Stillwater,

U still here? Make sure u count the number of men dropping those huge gift boxes on ur wedding day!!!
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Antidote1(f): 5:15am On Apr 24, 2008
j-girl:

Lol! I just have to be less busy and go to places with more sales.
At least - i know i can buy this without having to answer to some sex-starved man. lipsrsealed

Girls - leave these guys alone. I think they're trying to make themselves feel better about what they've done in the past. I'm sure Sly has done that to quite a few girls as for[b] Jackal, with his strong need to defend himself, I think he's done it to tons of girls[/b].

He dares NOT, or I will bob his tolo with ma teeth grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Antidote1(f): 5:17am On Apr 24, 2008
Jackal.:

@ Antidote,

You don't have clue, babes.

Men are generous. . . .
I know men that will buy gifts for u without even having an idea of what u look like. . . .Does that mean they want u in bed?
Lets be realistic here!!!!!

Jackal, I have been all the while, I told you the ganja was to smoke, not boil and drink, See now you can't think straight grin grin grin grin grin,
bout man giving gifts outa good heart, good heart ma ass, that's why so many cardiac arrests as of lates. lol
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by TheSly: 5:18am On Apr 24, 2008
Stillwater ,J-girl & Antidote. . .

I know exactly who y'all are. . .

Y'all are them S.You (sisters Union). types who thinks wishing 'em good luck would also result to sex.! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

No Bra Day! Nairaland Babes Lets Get Started. / Couple Who Met On Twitter Are Engaged (Photos) / #WeMetOnTwitter Is Trending And The Photos Are Adorable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.