Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,626 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. (22076 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / 10 Reasons Why You Should Start Attending Sunday Schools This 2016 / Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 21, 2013
I hardly honour any thanksgiving service invitation outside the catholic churches not to talk of changing church. (I dey craze?)
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by shikshark: 2:57pm On Jul 21, 2013
Cajetan speaks: I hardly honour any thanksgiving service invitation outside the catholic churches not to talk of changing church. (I dey craze?)
Yes
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by akandejames: 3:02pm On Jul 21, 2013
nwadaigbo: whether u pray from morning till night, pray silently or loudly, change prayer like cloth or not. All prayers are directed to d Almighty and he alone chooses who to answer. Your mode of prayer and style of prayer or lenghty prayers doesn't change Gods ability to answer you. Thats mans understanding in display.the last time i checked, catholics, anglicans, muslims, pentecostals, even non believers are answered and blessed by God. Think about it.

would u yell or shout @ur parents when u need something from them? everything has its proper methods. though God can hear a thousand words simultaneously yet put urself in the shoes of a parent whom his grown up child yells at for his/her demands. you can choose to deny his wants or provide it. the fact that u provide it doesn't mean ur bad manners are acceptable.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Konjour(m): 3:06pm On Jul 21, 2013
Saying that I can't change my church would be a vast understatement,and that wouldn't do justice to the degree of intent. Simply put,I was born a Celestian,have always lived as one,and aye,I will definitely draw my last breath as a Celestian.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Cleoo(f): 3:08pm On Jul 21, 2013
Catholic
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Richieboyn: 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2013
ebenice: just becos u go to a sactuary as early as 7o'clock ..pray for help from a dead saint instaed of a Living God..who ask u to pray only in d name of His SON..insted U prefer 2 kneel B4 am image nd chantin by rollin a plastic-like styled round rope..dogmatically hopin sometin new will hapen nd goin to a fellow man to coffess faults when u dont even knw wat he himself does in secret..well i dint mention any bodies name..but gaskiya..if d cap fit feel free to wear it..no offence meant

Why are u scared to mention name? Bring it on! Empty vessels they say-mk d loudest noise. What uv jst done here and now shows how EMPTY AND MUMUISH u are. For d fact dt u cal urself a xtian and u dnt bliv in life afta death-derz a problem smwer. We dnt pray to d saints to save us, we pray to them to pray for us. because WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, D SAINTS ARE NOT DEAD! U dnt evn read ur bible u dis empty boy, if u do, u shd av red Rev8:3 where d saints came to d earth and incensed d people and COLLECTED THEIR PRAYERS to channel dem to God-which is one of d significance f our use of incense. Dis saints do a great job by praying for us...... de cnt save us-we all kw salvatio cms from Yahweh. bt deir prayers help-WHETHER YOU BELIEVE IT OR NOT.

As for the Rosary, only an empty person lyk u will make comments lyk d ones u made about it. It is a VRY POWRFL praya. Evn Catholics kw dat more about 15 of d 20 decades of d rosary are centered on d life of Jesus CHRIST. I am not beggn yu 2bliv me, m writin ds for d sake of dose who wil learn frm it.

When I said earlier on that you are EMPTY, i knew wt I was sayin! John 20:23- "peace be wt u! for dose WHOSE SINS U FORGIV DE R FORGVN...de r retained. WHETHR YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, Jesus gave dis msg to his disiples and to the priests of today(because de are followin his footsteps and de r also disciples), nw tel me, wt sort of priest will retain ur sin if u go to confession? BELIEVE IT OR NOT, prists are Representatives of CHRIST here on earth and de help communic8 wt Him on our bhaf cos de av a special grace wich we dnt hv n when de absorb u from ur sin, u are absorbed just d same way moses used to beg GOD on bhaf of d Israeites. Yes, talkin abt d man's bhaviour-every human being is a sinner; Romans 3:23 confirms dat. Is ur pastor any holier? By d way, empty boy, what makes u feel the priests dnt also go for confession? Huh?FOR UR INFO- DE GO FOR CONFESSION EVEN D BISHOP AND D POPE GO FOR CONFESSION!

Try and fill up ur emptiness dude! Nor make me talk to yu ds afternoon ooo

5 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Richieboyn: 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2013
ebenice: just becos u go to a sactuary as early as 7o'clock ..pray for help from a dead saint instaed of a Living God..who ask u to pray only in d name of His SON..insted U prefer 2 kneel B4 am image nd chantin by rollin a plastic-like styled round rope..dogmatically hopin sometin new will hapen nd goin to a fellow man to coffess faults when u dont even knw wat he himself does in secret..well i dint mention any bodies name..but gaskiya..if d cap fit feel free to wear it..no offence meant

Why are u scared to mention name? Bring it on! Empty vessels they say-mk d loudest noise. What uv jst done here and now shows how EMPTY AND MUMUISH u are. For d fact dt u cal urself a xtian and u dnt bliv in life afta death-derz a problem smwer. We dnt pray to d saints to save us, we pray to them to pray for us. because WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, D SAINTS ARE NOT DEAD! U dnt evn read ur bible u dis empty boy, if u do, u shd av red Rev8:3 where d saints came to d earth and incensed d people and COLLECTED THEIR PRAYERS to channel dem to God-which is one of d significance f our use of incense. Dis saints do a great job by praying for us...... de cnt save us-we all kw salvatio cms from Yahweh. bt deir prayers help-WHETHER YOU BELIEVE IT OR NOT.

As for the Rosary, only an empty person lyk u will make comments lyk d ones u made about it. It is a VRY POWRFL praya. Evn Catholics kw dat more about 15 of d 20 decades of d rosary are centered on d life of Jesus CHRIST. I am not beggn yu 2bliv me, m writin ds for d sake of dose who wil learn frm it.

When I said earlier on that you are EMPTY, i knew wt I was sayin! John 20:23- "peace be wt u! for dose WHOSE SINS U FORGIV DE R FORGVN...de r retained. WHETHR YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, Jesus gave dis msg to his disiples and to the priests of today(because de are followin his footsteps and de r also disciples), nw tel me, wt sort of priest will retain ur sin if u go to confession? BELIEVE IT OR NOT, prists are Representatives of CHRIST here on earth and de help communic8 wt Him on our bhaf cos de av a special grace wich we dnt hv n when de absorb u from ur sin, u are absorbed just d same way moses used to beg GOD on bhaf of d Israeites. Yes, talkin abt d man's bhaviour-every human being is a sinner; Romans 3:23 confirms dat. Is ur pastor any holier? By d way, empty boy, what makes u feel the priests dnt also go for confession? Huh?FOR UR INFO- DE GO FOR CONFESSION EVEN D BISHOP AND D POPE GO FOR CONFESSION!

Try and fill up ur emptiness dude! Nor make me talk to yu ds afternoon ooo

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by ebenice(m): 3:17pm On Jul 21, 2013
I LEFT OTHER SOCIAL MEDIAS FOR NAIRALAND..becos MOST nairalander'S..Are .FUNNY...CRAZY...STUPID...GULLIBLE...VINDICATIVE...DOGMATIC..RELIGIOUS..AGGRESSIVE...CRAFTY...CUNNIN..CONFUSIVE..AGUMENTATIVE...D LIST CONTINUES..YET I PROMISE I WONT CHANGE..NAIRALAND FOR LIFE....*Moral lessons stick to what u belive in...if it end up well 4 u...thank God..if it doesnt...tor.. na gobe...*edify not criticize
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by kingston247: 3:21pm On Jul 21, 2013
Simple: My previous pastor's message change from the gospel to how to have many branch and it was all now money and plenty offering.....
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Richieboyn: 3:21pm On Jul 21, 2013
italo:

The easiest Bible back-up is that the Catholic Church existed before the Bible and compiled the Bible.

God bless the Holy Mother Church, amen?!

Amen!

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 21, 2013
My brother U r d best! Simple and strait 4wad answer!!
@ op we knw u opened this thread to bash catholics but dnt worry,u pple can't shake us!
D church may fall on her knees durin its troubled times and persecution but not in defeat but in prayers!
As a Xtian am not supposed to say this but haters pls do this
italo:

The easiest Bible back-up is that the Catholic Church existed before the Bible and compiled the Bible.

God bless the Holy Mother Church, amen?!

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 21, 2013
angry angryNa u nd ur generation dey craze not my brother cajetan.
shikshark:
Yes
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by akandejames: 3:40pm On Jul 21, 2013
Richieboyn: .

First of all, i will advise u to go for english lessons because it is 'prayed' not pray. itz a shame dat u dnt kw hw to speak english and u are here looking for who to criticise. Secondly, ur level of ignorance is alarming. This bible from which yu are askin for reference, are u aware that it was first written by d vry catholics whom u criticise? Thirdly, ALL THE PRAYERS OF THE ROSARY-I MEAN ALL, ARE IN THE BIBLE. St. Dominic received a vision from my Blessed Virgin Mother where he was told to introduce d world to the prayers of the rosary. (when ur pastor says he had a vision-he"s telli d truth, bt if a catholic does that itz a lie abi)? And as for miracles, d miracles as a result of the prayers of the rosary are innumerable-I AM A LIVING TESTIMONY.

As for the issue of images, God NEVER forbade the use of images. What he forbade was the WORSHIP of dose images. The catholic church has never commanded anyone to worship images and we don't do that.

I'm nt actually writing this for you. I am writing this for the few who have an open mind to learn(because u dnt seem lyk one). U cn continue being a mumu for all I care, jst pray Yahweh touches you so ur brain can start working well.

HAPPY SUNDAY FRIEND! DNT FORGET YOUR ENGLISH LESSONS. BYE!

is this ur way of inviting to ur religion n wishing the ignorant ones if at all they were. u need straightening
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by macherie1: 3:40pm On Jul 21, 2013
Excessive solicitation for offering and too much preaching on the damnation dat awaits u if u dont pay your tithe
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Grego3(m): 3:41pm On Jul 21, 2013
I still remain in the Catholic Ch. Professing d creed I strongly believe. No matter wat, d gate hell shall nt prevail against it, having be established by Christ as the solid rock. Ave!

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by tayoast(m): 3:43pm On Jul 21, 2013
Pple are actually attacking each other based on their denomination? THIS IS UTTERLY PATHETIC!

Can't you just post your comments in response to the topic and leave every other person to their faith?

@topic: born Baptist, still Baptist. I appreciate the church in which I fellowship.

Most pple who switch churches are not always faithful/objective in doing so. That's my observation.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2013
My dear am not tryin to discourage u o cuz catholic dnt beg for members,soldier go,soldier come,we ramain d same but that ur pastor did somtin terrible which is a big sin! HE LIED!! Was caught in london with lots of cash and when asked his occupation he lied that he was a contractor and sells cars!! Some1 close to him told me and left d church for COZA but stil complainin abt d church thou his real church is Anglican but he left cuz of d legalised gay marriage by d church. I always pray he settles for one somday and trust me am not ready to force any1 to the catholic church whch is what he's waitin 4.
Cleoo: born Catholic, been to lots of church's, but got my peace of mind in dis particular church,"Shepherd's House Assembly". My Papa is really touching people's lives and changing it for good!

PS;Catholic is, n will still be my foundation!

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by bluerange(f): 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2013
Proudly Catholic and l respect the choices of non-Catholics. Any who feels l have entered "one chance" faith-wise, charity demands he/she offers me up to God in prayers to deliver me from the 'blindness' as l believe it more effective than anger!

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by ebenice(m): 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2013
[quote author=Richieboyn]

Why are u scared to mention name? Bring it on! Empty vessels they say-mk d loudest noise. What uv jst done here and now shows how EMPTY AND MUMUISH u are. For d fact dt u cal urself a xtian and u dnt bliv in life afta death-derz a problem smwer. We dnt pray to d saints to save us, we pray to them to pray for us. because WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, D SAINTS ARE NOT DEAD! U dnt evn read ur bible u dis empty boy, if u do, u shd av red Rev8:3 where d saints came to d earth and incensed
..for callin me an empty head...no comment.. i knw say my head no empty...but y d agressiveness nd lenghty talk? i dint mention names. who say i was directin it to u?...NOW WHO HAS AN EMPTY HEAD BETWEEN ME ND YOU?.i was soo diplomatic to avoid dis form of BABARIC..aguemnent from SOME ignorant sychopaths() ..well...if d cap fit feel free to wear it..nd stop lamenting bro ...AM A XTAIN buh I DONT WORSHIP IMAGES..so comot jagajaga for road
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by jonaboy: 3:56pm On Jul 21, 2013
Okija_juju: Pastor was a thief.. Started lying on the pulpit. Started stealing from the church account. Tried to bribe us by making us head of a New fairly big branch.. Married the lead chorister in church barely 8months after is wife died. Pastor kept claiming to be a former university lecturer when he was only the radiographer in the school clinic, pastor went on to buy a house with the church building offering money, pastor also bought a doctorate degree from a mushroom university somewhere in Ondo state, e.t.c...
. From your I'd me thought you are a traditional worshipper at okija shrine how come you still attend church or is your I'd just for wash.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 21, 2013
1.6billion - 1 =?... Notin! So my dear safe journey.
Next!
rhowly: I left the Catholic church. Never regretted. I learned that the greatest command in d bible being "love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, strength, soul" etc also means wherever there is more of God that's where I should be. cos my hunger should have me wanting more. So stop making it look like its a cardinal to leave one place to another. After all Christianity sprung from Judaism. Pls go wherever teaches u about God the most and more importantly,OFFER NO APOLOGIES

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Maxwell86(m): 3:57pm On Jul 21, 2013
The pastor said drinking BEER was bad.... so I left....

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Drdreluv: 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2013
livebullet:

mr man sorry eyah...y u dey vex...well incase u dnt knw "somtin happens o!" ...like seriously. Even last night i won d devil in a battle jus by Askin St. Michael d archangels intercession. Try it n c wonders!!!
St micheal ko st yerima ni
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by gabriel212: 4:09pm On Jul 21, 2013
Born CELESTIA'S and remain CELESTIAL Family because I had decipher our hymns and GOD had made me to understand the hidden.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by tmanuelle(m): 4:10pm On Jul 21, 2013
Am nt d typ dts realy glued 2 a partiular church. I chose place of worship dependin on changes in ma location/environment.
I only wanna share wt u guyz ma reazn 4 leavin BLW 4 RCCG a couple of yrs ago durin ma service year in Delta State wch ws d fact d I do not suscribe 2 d idea of delibrately/consciously "speakin in tongues", & d "ways" of d pastor-in-charge of dt branch.
But aside dz, d church service(s) is cool, BLW generaly v gr8 teachers, ds I v com 2know.
Am nt a memebr of BLW o.
Happy Sunday.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by shikshark: 4:28pm On Jul 21, 2013
peppy luv: angry angryNa u nd ur generation dey craze not my brother cajetan.
Ur incompetency knows no bound u dis bovine!
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by amanda2013(f): 4:31pm On Jul 21, 2013
maxibrainz:
Hail wot, Jesus christ said am the way the truth and the life no one comes to the father except through me. Am just tired of catholics and the way the take this mary stuff am yet to see any miracle that happened in a catholic church after praying to mary, every evening the kneel infront of the image of mary in the name of block rosary, in the old testament it was writen in the bible that do not make or bow to any image either the things in heaven,earth or beneath the earth, all this catholics just repeating the same thing in every mass
and wat business of urs is that?

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by nwadaigbo: 4:39pm On Jul 21, 2013
Dandas: None of the church prostitutes will tell u their exact reasons for changing church rather everybody will tell u its where undiluted word of God is preached but within them their reason ranges looking for connections,miracles,marriages etc.I am a catholic from childhood but during my NYSC corper friends who are penticostals keep inviting me to their churches,when I attended with them,I noticed some of them kepp changing from one church to the other,one of them told me,guy forget oo,na connection we are looking for oo.Do u know from it I jumped to up to six popular churches and one day i sat down and ask myself what is d meaning of dis thing I am doing,dat considering wat I see from all these churches,dat catholic is still a very nice church.From dat day I went back to my catholic church.I am a catholic and I remain a catholic.
majority change as a result of bandwagon influence not bc they seek righteousness. simple
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 21, 2013
Grego3: I still remain in the Catholic Ch. Professing d creed I strongly believe. No matter wat, d gate hell shall nt prevail against it, having be established by Christ as the solid rock. Ave!
MARIA!!!

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2013
shikshark:
Ur incompetency knows no bound u dis bovine!
pls look 4 ur sister and call her that u incompetent fool!
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by rezzy: 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2013
baggylips: From the comments so far,one thing just comes to my mind.The divine promise given to Peter by our lord Jesus Christ
"U..peter,upon your rock i will build my church and d gate of hell shall not prevail against it"
THANK GOD I AM A CATHOLIC.proud of my fellow catholics on Nairaland and finally Christians in general..God bless U all!!!

upon which rock? Do u mean Peter is the rock? Abegi, that statement wasnt refering to peter. It was the revelation Peter had.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

COVID-19: OPM Donates Ambulance To Rivers State Government / Worshipper Tries To Attack Tb Joshua With Axe In Church. / How MFM Was Born, By Dr. D.K Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.