Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. (22084 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / 10 Reasons Why You Should Start Attending Sunday Schools This 2016 / Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by italo: 1:54pm On Jul 21, 2013
Chikapali: [color=#990000][/color][i][/i] like only catholics are proud enough to identify themselves... But i was expecting one to tell me why he is still a catholic with bible back-ups.

The easiest Bible back-up is that the Catholic Church existed before the Bible and compiled the Bible.

God bless the Holy Mother Church, amen?!

5 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by rabzy01: 1:57pm On Jul 21, 2013
Catholics idol worshippers So even Christians do worship idol. Okija juju I hail thee.

dhensity:

smh till death,...u better repent...u idol woshippers
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by uzoexcel(m): 1:59pm On Jul 21, 2013
maxibrainz:
Hail wot, Jesus christ said am the way the truth and the life no one comes to the father except through me. Am just tired of catholics and the way the take this mary stuff am yet to see any miracle that happened in a catholic church after praying to mary, every evening the kneel infront of the image of mary in the name of block rosary, in the old testament it was writen in the bible that do not make or bow to any image either the things in heaven,earth or beneath the earth, all this catholics just repeating the same thing in every mass

You have the Bible, the internet and so many other thnz to clear ur misgivings.Listen and listen carefully before i flog u with cane,lol.

The first half of the Hail Mary is contained in Luke 1. The Hail Mary is broken up into two parts: “Who Mary is” (no 1-5) and “Our prayer to Mary.” (no 5-6) Below the Hail Mary is examined line by line:

1)HAIL MARY, FULL OF GRACE (Luke 1:28): The Angel Gabriel greets Mary with very respectful greeting used for royalty. The text doesn’t say “Mary” after Hail but it is implied. Gabriel then proclaims Mary full of Grace (full of God’s own life and love).

2)THE LORD IS WITH YOU (Luke 1:28): This is word for word. The Angel Gabriel said that the Lord is with Mary, she is full of his Grace, his own life.
3) BLESSED ARE YOU AMONGST WOMEN (Luke 1:41): Elizabeth is filled with the Holy Spirit; she is inspired by the 3rd person of the Blessed Trinity to proclaim that Mary is the most blessed among all women.

4) AND BLESSED IS THY FRUIT OF THY WOMB JESUS (Luke 1:42):Elizabeth still inspired by the Holy Spirit proclaims that the fruit of Mary’s womb, the developing Jesus, is blessed. The text doesn’t say “Jesus” after womb, but it is implied, the fruit of her womb is Jesus.

5) HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD (Luke 1:43..And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?):Mary is full of God’s grace; this would make her holy. Mary is the mother of the Lord Jesus Christ who is the 2nd person of the Holy Trinity. Since Jesus is God this makes her the mother of God. She is the mother of the God-Man Jesus, not the mother of the Trinity.

6) PRAY FOR US SINNERS, NOW AND THE HOUR OF OUR DEATH (James 5:16...Therefore confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man has great power in its effects) : St. James tells Christians to pray for one another. All the baptized are members of the body of Christ (1Cor 12:12-14), therefore it is right to pray for other members of the body. James goes on to say that the prayers of the righteous have great power. What human (other then Jesus) is more righteous then the Blessed Mother? Though she is in heaven she still hears the prayers of her children on Earth and intercedes for them.
***Any Catholic here thatz more enlightened can add to the above. I think it will enlighten everyone here and clear doubts from some people.We can open a thread on this topic if possible
http://blessedjp2.com/totus-tuus/where-is-the-hail-mary-in-the-bible/

exxell: Catholic till death.... Was born one, will marry one and will die one! Glory to Jesus... Honour To Mary!
As the line above reads, did u see glory to Mary??...Catholics always say 'HONOUR' to her,We dont worship her but we acknowledge her rightful place in the Christendom...Lemme use football as an example;for those of you who have been to old trafford, you will see long queues of people waiting to be snapped together with the statue of that great man, Sir Alex.Does it mean they worship him?no...that statue acts as a remembrance in which u can maybe boast to ur grandkids someday that 'there was once a coach bla bla bla'...Also we all have pictures and images of lost loved ones in a special place in our home? Do u worship it?no,its for remembrance...Some of us still wear soccer jerseys with players like van persie, rooney, cr7 printed on it?Are those players gods to us?no...we just like to identify with them...Same goes for the Holy Mother of our lord, Jesus Christ

Sarah a: Had to change to MFM,whn my previous church was not meeting my spiritual expectation.All they knew is fashion and Entertainment.
Not to cast any aspersion on MFM...I went to Abuja during my undergrad days and on a sunday morning, my aunty forced me to go worship with her to the mfm headquarters i think.It was my worst experience ever...We spent 80% of the time cursing our enemies and praying for them to die, or be burnt by fire or lightening...The only question running through my head was 'Didnt our Lord preach on forgiveness?'...Kindly help me answer this to clear maybe my misconceptions.

7 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Hollyb(f): 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2013
Born an Anglican, still an Anglican, hoping and praying to marry an Anglican. Anglican for life
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by try69: 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2013
maxibrainz:
Hail wot, Jesus christ said am the way the truth and the life no one comes to the father except through me. Am just tired of catholics and the way the take this mary stuff am yet to see any miracle that happened in a catholic church after praying to mary, every evening the kneel infront of the image of mary in the name of block rosary, in the old testament it was writen in the bible that do not make or bow to any image either the things in heaven,earth or beneath the earth, all this catholics just repeating the same thing in every mass

You don't read, that's where you have problems..Catholics would never publicise miracles and catholics would never focus on miracles cos miracles are jus signs to show you that God exists and for a church that was the first and had stood the test of time, she will never use miracles as an avenue to get the crowd.

Google and see how the catholic church has put smiles on the faces of a lot of hopeless people through providing free health services, shelter, schools, hospitals and all that. (You might not even know mother teresa of blessed memory)

Christ would value LOVE from charity to anything cos the commandments were based on LOVE.

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by SavoG(f): 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2013
left deeper life for R C C G because of their holier-than-thou attitude.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by benedicta0(f): 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2013
Marriage
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Tos87(m): 2:05pm On Jul 21, 2013
ebenice: just becos u go to a sactuary as early as 7o'clock ..pray for help from a dead saint instaed of a Living God..who ask u to pray only in d name of His SON..insted U prefer 2 kneel B4 am image nd chantin by rollin a plastic-like styled round rope..dogmatically hopin sometin new will hapen nd goin to a fellow man to coffess faults when u dont even knw wat he himself does in secret..well i dint mention any bodies name..but gaskiya..if d cap fit feel free to wear it..no offence meant

Glad Ý๏ǖ said that...will leave Ţ☹ God.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Dandas: 2:06pm On Jul 21, 2013
None of the church prostitutes will tell u their exact reasons for changing church rather everybody will tell u its where undiluted word of God is preached but within them their reason ranges looking for connections,miracles,marriages etc.I am a catholic from childhood but during my NYSC corper friends who are penticostals keep inviting me to their churches,when I attended with them,I noticed some of them kepp changing from one church to the other,one of them told me,guy forget oo,na connection we are looking for oo.Do u know from it I jumped to up to six popular churches and one day i sat down and ask myself what is d meaning of dis thing I am doing,dat considering wat I see from all these churches,dat catholic is still a very nice church.From dat day I went back to my catholic church.I am a catholic and I remain a catholic.

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by scholes23(m): 2:15pm On Jul 21, 2013
Well as 4 me, I was born, baptized and confirmed in an Anglican Church but due to the school (Madonna University) I found myself in, I changed to a catholic and I did my baptism, confirmation and 1st communion in school all at once. Well I decided to do so not only because of the school but also cos of the Holy Mass and its done in an orderly manner and as a man I have to start living as one instead of following my folks to Church every sunday and all that. It also made me the prayerful and committed person that I am in the church today. And changing to another denomination is not even on my mind cos I'll remain there till death.

PROUDLY CATHOLIC!!!!!!
CATHOLIC FOR LIFE!!!!!
OTUTO DIRI JESU!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Tos87(m): 2:16pm On Jul 21, 2013
To u they don't preach cuz they don't prophesy to u that u will be rich rather they tell u all is VANITY and u will DIE someday!!
Bitter truth deal with it (b)fooooool(/b)
[/quote]
Ý๏ǖ don't have Ţ☹ call him that. Better still tell him some words that will draw him back Ţ☹ his faith.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Tos87(m): 2:25pm On Jul 21, 2013
peppy luv: To u they don't preach cuz they don't prophesy to u that u will be rich rather they tell u all is VANITY and u will DIE someday!!
Bitter truth deal with it fooooool
Ý๏ǖ don't need Ţ☹ call him that...better still give him some words that will draw him back Ţ☹ his faith.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by fr3do(m): 2:26pm On Jul 21, 2013
Meringe: Still a catholic and will continue to be one till death.

Long live the Mother Church,

Long live the Christedom!

[size=20pt]
church of the mother
[/size]
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Spacodinho(m): 2:27pm On Jul 21, 2013
eastman11: I was born Catholic but due to change of location I started attending a nearby pentico but had to run back to Catholic when they could not give me a breathing space, coming to my house and office and expecting me to hand over all my monthly salary to them became unbearable and l had to apply Ben Johnson.
hahahaha laugh wan kill me die, you are funny
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by IZOSKY: 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2013
Never changed. Still a catholic from birth.
Don't hope to change anyway.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by PastorKun(m): 2:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
I decided to change church when a new Pastor was brought to our church and he started to lay a lot of emphasis on tithes which I know to be a false doctrine based on twisting and mis application of scriptures. Having studied scriptures extensively myself I had to ask myself why I should subject myself to a preacher that was steeped in false and shallow doctrines.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
Glory be to the Father, and to the son and to the Holy Spirit; as it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be world without end Amen.

Catholic sweet sha cool

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by fr3do(m): 2:34pm On Jul 21, 2013
SavoG: left deeper life for R C C G because of their holier-than-thou attitude.

[size=21pt]

(x/0) likes
infinite number of likes! [/size]
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by nattyGENT: 2:34pm On Jul 21, 2013
30DB4FA6: My church is @ ikeja but we relocate from ketu to egbeda so transportation was a challange So naw am a partial catholic why I hate catholic is dat
1.) They dont pray just recieting 1 prayer evry masss
2.) They don't preach
3.) Always standing up and sitting down evry 1min
4.) Can't mention all ATM tho
Am just going there b/cos my bros is a catholic I wud just charge my phone and go to church and punture it till ba3 low cheesy

you are a disgrace yourself. Listen to yourself! Repent & be saved.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by shikshark: 2:36pm On Jul 21, 2013
A minister in CCRG snatched my fiancee with fake vission cry
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Richieboyn: 2:36pm On Jul 21, 2013
maxibrainz:

It is wiser to shut up when you are not sure of somthing than for you to do a public display of ignorance

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Fineone(m): 2:40pm On Jul 21, 2013
My Pastor will say "what you are looking for will determine where you will be found". All churches do have their peculiarities in the word, grace, order of service e.t.c.
I left my former church because the messages were lean and my spiritual life was starving.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by rhowly(m): 2:40pm On Jul 21, 2013
I left the Catholic church. Never regretted. I learned that the greatest command in d bible being "love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, strength, soul" etc also means wherever there is more of God that's where I should be. cos my hunger should have me wanting more. So stop making it look like its a cardinal to leave one place to another. After all Christianity sprung from Judaism. Pls go wherever teaches u about God the most and more importantly,OFFER NO APOLOGIES
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by 4reigningqueen: 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2013
seunlayi: a living church of God where the bible is been preached diluted, where else than Deeperlife Bible Church. Still waiting for another (4th) round of message from the Anointed Man of God Pastor W.f Kumuyi.

I respect Pastor Kumuyi because his teachings of the bible are UNDILUTED.

Oh! No problem.
Thank God for everything.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by PastorKun(m): 2:43pm On Jul 21, 2013
shikshark: A minister in CCRG snatched my fiancee with fake vission cry

LWKMD grin

Did you mean RCCG or which church be CCRG again?
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 21, 2013
smiley smiley welcome home prodigal son,we love u!
This reminds me of a lady I met in gwarimpa while we were shoppin and testing d clothes,a particular one was too short 4 me and while I was complainin that I can't wear it to church,some grls there started laughin and calling catholics mgbeke but this particular lady just kept smiling and when I askd her y she said that what just hapnd was one of d reasons she went back to catholic church after she left for 7yrs!! She told me lots of stories from fake prophesy to d get rich quick preaching and d height of it was when she visited a particular new church in VGC,she wore a flat slippers which accordin to her was expensive but d usher advised her not to wear it again cuz d church was bn televised!or else she sits whr d camera can't capture her!
She missed d peaceful mode of worship and confession!!yes u heard me,confession!!!like som1 rightly said we dnt knw wat d priests do in secret bt D truth is that confession gvs u concience,each tym I go 4 confession I feel uplifted and priest advices u to go apologise and make peace with whoever u hav issues with no matter who was at fault,it is difficult bt try it and see hw spiritually and morally guided u will become.u will become careful to avoid doin wat is wrong.

We are not saying we or all our priests are perfect but I can assure u that 70% are faithful to their vows!some of ur pastors can't stay without sex for 1wk and a gud number of them are adulterers and slp with church members,married or not, promising them money and husbands and d lady I met had d experience

How can I ever 4get my christ embassy roommate back then in unibuja who goes out in d nite and comes home early in d monin nd d nxt tin u see her speaking in tongues! And she tells u God understands!what *smh* *dangers of willful sin* and most pastors encourage that.
I was born a catholic
Will live a catholic
And will die a catholic!
Yea its my choice and am indeed free to rhyme!
livebullet: Was born catholic, left @ 20 when i was in 2nd yr University of Benin, cos i "saw the light". Now am mature and i jus discovered i "saw the light" again but guess where dis time... derz nothing like being Catholic.Am Back home again to the church. Cos this is where i find full assurance of salvation in the Eucharistic Jesus of the altar...10yrs of adventuring in "born-againism"- I mean no offence cos i d@ was my perception b4 that i was born again outside d catholic church. Buh i discovered bn Born again goes beyond mere words..to b born again is to b practising in the light of Jesus n in his true presence(The catholic church)! Glory to Jesus....

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Linoversace: 2:44pm On Jul 21, 2013
dhensity:

i waz a muslim b4 ok....but i knw catholics re idol woshippers..how do u justify d graven image u bow 2

You were a muslim before…so you a free thinker now or an atheist?
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by PastorKun(m): 2:47pm On Jul 21, 2013
4reigningqueen:

I respect Pastor Kumuyi because his teachings of the bible are UNDILUTED.

Oh! No problem.
Thank God for everything.

A lot of Kumuyi's teachings are actually DILUTED scriptures with which he uses to invent his own doctrines and place as a burden on the flock in his care.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Paulugo(m): 2:50pm On Jul 21, 2013
God is God anywhere,be proud of your Church. Am a proud Catholic.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by shikshark: 2:51pm On Jul 21, 2013
Pastor Kun:

LWKMD grin

Did you mean RCCG or which church be CCRG again?
Seems u understand but some pple might say its wrong that's why I invert it
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Richieboyn: 2:51pm On Jul 21, 2013
free2ryhme:

show me where jesus pray the rosary in the bible ??

First of all, i will advise u to go for english lessons because it is 'prayed' not pray. itz a shame dat u dnt kw hw to speak english and u are here looking for who to criticise. Secondly, ur level of ignorance is alarming. This bible from which yu are askin for reference, are u aware that it was first written by d vry catholics whom u criticise? Thirdly, ALL THE PRAYERS OF THE ROSARY-I MEAN ALL, ARE IN THE BIBLE. St. Dominic received a vision from my Blessed Virgin Mother where he was told to introduce d world to the prayers of the rosary. (when ur pastor says he had a vision-he"s telli d truth, bt if a catholic does that itz a lie abi)? And as for miracles, d miracles as a result of the prayers of the rosary are innumerable-I AM A LIVING TESTIMONY.

As for the issue of images, God NEVER forbade the use of images. What he forbade was the WORSHIP of dose images. The catholic church has never commanded anyone to worship images and we don't do that.

I'm nt actually writing this for you. I am writing this for the few who have an open mind to learn(because u dnt seem lyk one). U cn continue being a mumu for all I care, jst pray Yahweh touches you so ur brain can start working well.

HAPPY SUNDAY FRIEND! DNT FORGET YOUR ENGLISH LESSONS. BYE!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

COVID-19: OPM Donates Ambulance To Rivers State Government / Worshipper Tries To Attack Tb Joshua With Axe In Church. / How MFM Was Born, By Dr. D.K Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.