Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online (19795 Views)

Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by lacum: 3:32pm On Jul 23, 2013
What the Pope Really Meant in His Twitter-Indulgences ...
www​.theatlantic.com/... pope ... indulgence ...
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by sugardaddy1(m): 3:33pm On Jul 23, 2013
Beey: Whom does the Pope & the priests confess their sins to?
Fellow priests
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by sugardaddy1(m): 3:36pm On Jul 23, 2013
Okija_juju: @Pope: In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti... Amen
Father, Forgive me cos I'm about to sin..
I just found out that my fiancee is still #Following her ex-boyfriend on Twitter.
I intend to bitchslap the living daylight out of her.
Please forgive me..

@Pope replys @Okija_juju:Its cool my son.. If I had a wife or a Babe and she did the same thing to me, Heaven knows I would be twitting Jesus for forgiveness.
When you finish smacking her, retweet your prayers or just inbox me for your forgiveness..
Then retweet 3 Hail Marys and our lords prayers whilst you are at it just for seriousness..
Go with the gods Okija!!

@Okija rplies @Pope: Thank you father.. You are just too cool.. I will make sure my babe and kids also follow you on twitter.

Why are you asking for forgiveness yet? You can as well shelve the idea since you already know what you are about to do is wrong.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Okijajuju1(m): 3:36pm On Jul 23, 2013
[b]@Pope: In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti... Amen
Father, Forgive me cos I'm about to sin..
I just found out that my fiancee is still #Following her ex-boyfriend on Twitter.
I intend to bitchslap the living daylight out of her.
Please forgive me..

@Pope replys @Okija_juju:Its cool my son.. If I had a wife or a Babe and she did the same thing to me, Heaven knows I would be twitting Jesus for forgiveness.
When you finish smacking her, retweet your prayers or just inbox me for your forgiveness..
Then retweet 3 Hail Marys and our lords prayers whilst you are at it.
Also, go on facebook and like my page and also Cardinal Francis' page.
And just for seriousness, you better broadcast Psalm 23 on your BB and use the Blessed Virgin Mary as your DP for 3 weeks...
Also change your Nairaland Profile pic to St. Theresas pic and your NL signature to: The Pope is the coolest
Also add me on Instagram and Myspace.
Go with the gods Okija!!

@Okija rplies @Pope: Thank you father.. You are just too cool.. I will make sure my babe and kids also follow you on twitter.[/b]
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by perfectsoft: 3:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
Unicyjuice:
of Course Jesus washed our sins with His precious blood and He is our only God and saviour.
But Read John 20:21-23.
Bless you.

John 20:23 was not written for the pope. If you want to take it literarily, then every christian has the power to forgive sins, not just the pope. And the pope is not a high priest. There is no high priest in the new testament apart from Jesus. In the new testatment, every christian is a priest. Church leaders are not addressed as priests but as pastors or shepherds. The whole concept of the pope is wrong from its foundation and only seeks to establish a religion where one man controls the lives of people with the false doctrine that he represents God on earth. God does not need anyone to represent him on earth. Even some pentecostal church preachers are now following this wrong trend and false christianity. Jesus is the only mediator between God and man. No one can replace him

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by frabel: 3:49pm On Jul 23, 2013
thanks for ur insight bro. we Nigerian Christians always like to argue on what we have a little knowledge of. the so called bible that we always rely on to abuse each other are only collections and translations of works of some early christian and Jewish people.the bible gave us an insight about God and Jesus just enough to develop our faith. so why are we attacking each other in the name of religion.

Zona.com:

It is not bro. Kinda morethan. Remember the early christians(catholics) that handed the bible to you could have edited it to suit them if they had wanted to. Moreover, how are you sure they did'nt? Faith! Is it not?
Dan brown, in his novel the davinci code claims that a lotta christian believes as contained in the bible is fraud. I dont belief him, and maybe you dont too. So lets just hold onto our faith bro, thats religion
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by tellwisdom: 3:51pm On Jul 23, 2013
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by aadejesu: 3:51pm On Jul 23, 2013
ItMilly: [color=#006600][/color]
My dear It does exist and the earlier u start realizing dat tHe better for u
prove it biblically and i will believe it rightaway, but if it cant prove it in the scriptures, then believing this makes you the same with these gurumaraji, eckanker people. Because what we see now are strange doctrines and false claims that can not be found anywhere in the scriptures. My dear people, you are to believe what is only in the bible and not anything else.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 23, 2013
[quote author=Blaisec][/quote]

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Theblessed(f): 3:54pm On Jul 23, 2013
lacum: but why are human beings like this? pls nairalanders, d headline is misleading. this must have been written by a non catholic to discrdit d church. indulgence does not mean forgiveness of sin but d forgivenes of d punishment due to sin. confession cannot be done online and will never be. pls read d article carefully and u will notice where it was said dat people will receive a plenary indulgence only when they follow d peogramme prayerfully and must have confessed their since to a priest. tks

[b][size=16pt]You too, still haven't got it - have you?

Imagine you trying to make us believe the writer is non-Catholic therefore, did not mean or understand what he wrote.

And, you who is a devout Catholic - you lack Scriptural knowledge as well, due to what you have been fed by Priest who had no clue of the Scriptures themselves - why?

Because you failed to read your Bible everyday to know, learn and understand the 'Word' and 'Will' of God for us.

Imagine you, implying or should I say writing to say - we must make our confession to 'a Priest' a man! How ridiculous!

You confess to God (no one else!) and repent from your sins and never to go back to it again. As soon as you do so, Jesus forgives you, ok!! Have you problem grasping that? grin grin

Therefore, you don't confess your sin to man 'Priests' - you don't because, the Priest himself is a sinner too, and remember the Bible tells us that 'There is none Righteous,no, not one! Romans Chpt. 3 v.10. And, if there is none Righteous, that includes the Priest who you confess to...as the whole World have sinned and fell short of the glory God'

Therefore understand this, just as we believe that God is a Spirit and he sees and knows all things and is every where and with that assurance, we can make our prayers anytime, anywhere - on land, on air, in the sea in our private rooms, in the Congregation of our Churches, when we are driving, cooking, eating, or doing anything that is of God, in the same manner, we can CONFESS our sins as we pray to the Father God in Heaven and to Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour there and then - no need to go to the PRIEST to do just that.

Now, may I ask Catholics this, but who does the Priest confess his own sins to...? Or is he without sin? Is it not to the Father God in Heaven and Jesus Christ our Saviour? Then, what's stopping you from doing so, than going to the Priest to make your confession?

Therefore, may I say this to the writer - please, stop poisoning minds further with the little knowledge you have of the Scriptures because, you too don't know/understand the 'Word' yourself otherwise, you wouldn't have made this error in suggesting we go to the Priest for our confession.
[/size][/b]
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by sugardaddy1(m): 3:56pm On Jul 23, 2013
^^^
Please reduce your font size nau...my eyes are paining me abeg sad
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by frabel: 3:57pm On Jul 23, 2013
my bros, u have not forgotten this latin that make them sack u from seminary.

[quote author=Okija_juju]@Pope: [b]In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti... Amen
quote]
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 23, 2013
what hmm palpalsy tins
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Theblessed(f): 4:22pm On Jul 23, 2013
Unicyjuice:
Read John 20:21-23.

[size=16pt]Based on the above Scripture, I can say that you lack knowledge of the 'Word'

Is that how you understood what our Lord Jesus Christ is saying here? I suggest you go back to Bible College or Seminary - you've lost it!

Just as the Lord gave his Disciples and to us all Christians the Authority and Power - "To tread on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you" Luk Chpt. 10 v.19 so in the same manner he gave them Power to do just that in John 20 v. 21-23 as cited by you.

So, we all who believe are given the same Power and Authority to do just that, ok - and not only to the Priest!

You got to believe and have Faith in him for it to be effective for you and for many people - Faith is very, very scarce to find!!!!
[/size]
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by DrSadikMagaji(m): 4:49pm On Jul 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
You're permitted.

@topic
Why can't people pray to God direct.
In Islam we are all equal,All prayers are equal and nobody forgives ones sins
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by mediachirps(m): 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2013
is he God?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 23, 2013
During the time of Martin Luther, the pope makes written notes, and sells them at a cost to fit with how much sin you've commited, before Luther stood up against it. The popo tried KILLING him, but failed, think of it. Brothers, to the christians, the bible you have, some were killed for that Bible to get to you, please read it.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by drnoel: 5:33pm On Jul 23, 2013
Theblessed: [size=16pt]In fact this makes my blood boil!

When will Catholics get their heads together - learn and understand that no one can forgive 'sins' except "The Lord, JESUS CHRIST, THE ONLY SON OF GOD" Our Saviour and Redeemer.

Only Jesus can save and forgive sins!

He redeemed us with his precious blood thus, forgiving our sin - so where does Pope Francis come into this, to be able to forgive sins?

Catholics, please hear this now, you should wake up and smell the coffee - 'The Truth'

Only Jesus can Save,Redeems and forgives our multitudes of sins,no one else, gorit?

Stop distorting the truth of God by deceiving and deluding yourselves with false hope!

Pope Francis is a holy man of God - he is not not Jesus Christ rather, he is a servant of Jesus Christ and a servant can not forgive sins nor save the flock - get it and get it now!!
[/size]

U see how that thing u drank is making u do act out of xter. Tell me, how does an ordinary catholic go against the doctrines of the church he/she was born and raised with. Pls mind how u talk.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by dhariey: 5:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
Lovebond34: . Yes u can...bt nt 2 loud cox d pope might hear you
Lollzz...me no dey ooo
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by PStacks(m): 5:55pm On Jul 23, 2013
Are u Seious shocked
Is somebody kidding me shocked
Are they for real? shocked
Iro ni oooo.. shocked

ICT might be the very last Age B4 the Collapse. A Collapse is actually not negotiable but the time is what we don't know..

ICT age might just be the last age.
I can't Phantom any age after this Age would hold for mankind..

We are all Guilty of Religion.

Both the Xtain that comes to Blast the Muslim for Under-age Marriage and the Muslim that come to blast the xtain of a Pope forgiving sins online.. I-Forgive. E-Forgive

Ridiculous things happens everyday in the name of Religion both in Islam and xtainity..

I can't believe a Pope, human like me and You can forgive sins not to talk of him forgiving over the Internet.

OMG! This is unbelievable! Religion would swallow Mankind in one lump.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Hourglass4real: 6:03pm On Jul 23, 2013
[quote author=Theblessed]

[b][size=16pt]You too, still haven't got - have you?

Imagine you trying to make us believe the writer is non-Catholic therefore, did not mean or understand what he wrote.

And, you who is a devout Catholic - you lack Scriptural knowledge as well, due to what you have been fed by Priest who had no clue of the Scriptures themselves - why?

Because you failed to read your Bible everyday to know, learn and understand the 'Word' and 'Will' of God for us.

Imagine you, implying or should I say writing to say - we must make our confession to 'a Priest' a man! How ridiculous!

You confess to God (no one else!) and repent from your sins and never to go back to it again. As soon as you do so, Jesus forgives you, ok!! Have you problem grasping that? grin grin

Therefore, you don't confess your sin to man 'Priests' - you don't because, the Priest himself is a sinner too, and remember the Bible tells us that 'There is none Righteous,no, not one! Romans Chpt. 3 v.10. And, if there is none Righteous, that includes the Priest who you confess to...as the whole World have sinned and fell short of the glory God'

Therefore understand this, just as we believe that God is a Spirit and he sees and knows all things and is every where and with that assurance, we can make our prayers anytime, anywhere - on land, on air, in the sea in our private rooms, in the Congregation of our Churches, when we are driving, cooking, eating, or doing anything that is of God, in the same manner, we can CONFESS our sins as we pray to the Father God in Heaven and to Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour there and then - no need to go to the PRIEST to do just that.

Now, may I ask Catholics this, but who does the Priest confess his own sins to...? Or is he without sin? Is it not to the Father God in Heaven and Jesus Christ our Saviour? Then, what's stopping you from doing so, than going to the Priest to make your confession?

Therefore, may I say this to the writer - please, stop poisoning minds further with the little knowledge you have of the Scriptures because, you too don't know/understand the 'Word' yourself otherwise, you wouldn't have made this error in suggesting we go to the Priest for our confession.
[/size][/b][/quote
] Calm down abeg... We shld be curious by now why d people that brought us Christainity don't defend it anymore as we Nigerians.
Hav we discovered anythin new? We shld be carefl whn we defend the Bible. Human beings wrote it, God didn't throw it down frm heaven. Even ordinary novel or text bks in sch, we all do hav diff opinion on whtevr we read. Whn u read ur Bible,interpret it 2 urself hwevr u lik buh don't impose ur undrstandng on othrs... Dats my view anyway.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
21st Century Pope1
He would soon as us to send "Likes" to Heaven which would secure us automatic tickets!
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Tobetoe(m): 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2013
Tolexander: you could have told us where it is found in the scripture!
hey bro, am a catholic.. But u see in dis life many are called but few are chosen, and out of dat few ,fewer are ordained. U don't question d tins of d spirit wit ur small head... confession has a process,u first of all pray to God.ask God to give u d grace to pour out ur sins..meditate .and then go to confession.. U asked wia in d bible. Read john 20-20 to 25.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by morewealth(m): 6:49pm On Jul 23, 2013
It is wrong to criticise what you don't understand. From the write ups i have read its obvious that most of you here don't understand the sacrament of penance.
When you confess your sins to a priest he is not the person that forgives you your sins but God in heaven. The priest only acts as a mediator. He prays with you and you the confessor prays also for the forgiveness of your sins.
And when he says "i forgive you your sins in the name of God the father, The son and Holy Spirit, he isn't saying it on his own authority but on the authority given by Jesus himself to his apostles when He said "whoever sin you forgive has being forgiven and whose sins you retained are retained" and on this faith we acquired the sacrament of penance.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Smooth51(m): 6:52pm On Jul 23, 2013
It’s about plenary indulgences, not
unforgiven sins The Catholic Church defines a plenary
indulgence (or just “indulgence”) as
remission of a temporal punishment
( not an eternal punishment) due
to sin, the guilt of which has already
been forgiven and absolved by the Church through the sacrament of
Confession.
(what do u knw of d doctrines anyway)
You can neva get it right because u want to be on the attack and against the church....

http://www.agbeat.com/editorials/pope-francis-is-not-forgiving-sins-via-twitter-the-media-is-dead-wrong/

SOCIAL MEDIA CAN SPREAD MISQUOTES AND TURN EVERYTHING UPSIDE DOWN within minutes ..what do u expect

The OP posted a link which is obviously nt frm a catholic site

What ever u say i remain proudly catholic......so kp it up oh ye faithfuls ..post whateva u feel like my conviction is beyond what u can think of....and who says the pope forgives sins,only God does that..just confess ur since to ur priest,resolve to sin no more,Pray to God for mercy..Its better than jst deceiving urself in ur rooms prayin for forgiveness while ure 2still planning to commit 2morw...

If u hav confessed truely ..at least u will fill more reluctant to sin again...and if u eventually do,Go back to God and make resolution..We are humans and in this terrible world where everything is sinful u must be careful

I dont believe in twitter confession and No thanks to who ever used that to attack the Church..I go to my priest directly to confess it and beg God for Mercy

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Mintayo(m): 7:17pm On Jul 23, 2013
Beey: Whom does the Pope & the priests confess their sins to?

this a question anyone seeking to know the truth should answer!
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by kzokul(m): 7:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
NFCS...LIVING THE FAITH!!!
LIVING THE FAITH....NFCS!!!
WHO CARES..NFCS DOES!!!
WHO DOES...NFCS CARES!!!!
I REP CATHOLICISM

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by BonnyDominic: 7:56pm On Jul 23, 2013
owolabifunke14: Yes, catholic and anglican churches are in support of gay and pope as the head of the church is not saying anything.
where is/are ur prooves basket mouth?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by elampiro(m): 7:59pm On Jul 23, 2013
mascot87: JOhn 20:23 says (after d resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ and d disciple s of Christ were in d upper room, 21 says then said Jesus to them i.e the disciples,peace be unto you:as my father hath sent me, even so send I you. 22 and when he had said this, he breathed on them and said unto them, recieve ye the holy spirit 23:whose soever sins ye remit,they are remitted unto them;and whose soever sins ye retain,they are retained.) The priests,bishop and pope are d representatives of Christ disciples on earth and this obligations has been assigned to them to continue the laid down instruction of Christ.The church picks the act of confession from john 20:23 since Christ himself gave them the authority. The mysterious part of it is the the priests, bishops or pope cannot forgive themselves of there sins, they have to go to other priests for confession.Remember that the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ is passed on from generation to generation and no ONE nor the power from the pit of hell can stop it.

You hit it well: John 20 .... ''Whatever sins you forgive, they are forgiven them in heaven, whatever sins you retain are retained in heaven.

The petencostals don't have complete knowledge of the bible. Their pastors preach only selected section of the bible only for financial benefit.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Smooth51(m): 8:07pm On Jul 23, 2013
kzokul: NFCS...LIVING THE FAITH!!!
LIVING THE FAITH....NFCS!!!
WHO CARES..NFCS DOES!!!
WHO DOES...NFCS CARES!!!!
I REP CATHOLICISM
wow plsd to hav a fellow where..what Chapter ar u frm?

NFCS LAUTECH CHAPTA ....IT IS HAPPENING IN OUR TIME...
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by emmanuel4758(m): 8:13pm On Jul 23, 2013
owolabifunke14: Yes, catholic and anglican churches are in support of gay and pope as the head of the church is not saying anything.
your fada nyash... Catholic d best church in d world saint peter our first pope ,pope francis noni ... For u ediots that said pope suport gay pls culd u remember wat hapend in argentina where pope francise warn dem nt to legalise gay is against bible and warn dem no one can challange god.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by BonnyDominic: 8:14pm On Jul 23, 2013
I am proud of d Catholics in Nairaland 4 defending d faith of d church,bt b crful of much arguement cos d bible is against it. Dey(protestant nd odas), av 4gotten wat Gamaliel sed in d Act of d Apostles wen d high priest were against Peter nd oda disciple 4 preachn d Gosple, he sed "leave dem, if wat dey r doing is not of God,dey will fail but if it is of God,dey shall continue. D church has faced lots of persecution,, yet she continue 2 triumph. Make una dey use una sense oooo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Kissing His Wife, Lizzy Suleman On His Birthday / Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos / Religion Section 'awards Night'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.