Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone (49483 Views)

Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. / All Punters Meeting Zone! / Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 30, 2013
I tire sad. I have been silent because I am currently serving and may not be effective, even though I suggested the JV idea to boister earlied suggestions. But the way people are childishly saying 'I rep,' 'I rep' is so funny...

My suggestion is, Lagos reps. should first meet and thereafter, they could expand to other major cities such as Abuja, PH, Benin City, Asaba..

But Lagos should be the prime focus for the half of this year.

When order is confirmed, the port authorities should be engaged, whoever has experience like the man above should also register his interest.

If this is slowly done, I see an emerging company that may rival the likes Konga and Jumia who pioneered online shopping in Nigeria.
texaco1: grin
This thread is funny,people are just saying I am here ,I am there .noone is saying what he deals in and what he or she is looking for in his or her potential business partner.I won't be surprise if some ppl turn this thread into a dating link.
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by texaco1: 12:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
2s£xy:
I tire sad. I have been silent because I am currently serving and may not be effective, even though I suggested the JV idea to boister earlied suggestions. But the way people are childishly saying 'I rep,' 'I rep' is so funny...

My suggestion is, Lagos reps. should first meet and thereafter, they could expand to other major cities such as Abuja, PH, Benin City, Asaba..

When order is confirmed, the port authorities should be engaged, whoever has experience like the man above should also register his interest.

If this is slowly done, I see an emerging company that may rival the likes Konga and Jumia who pioneered online shopping in Nigeria.
Well I understand ,but believe me the jv won't work.most of the people saying I rep here and there will back out when it is time to throw the cash in.
What I initially thought was that a group of 5 or 10 will come together buy and split .definitely not everyone will finish selling his or her own items by the stipulated time to make another order which means some will stay will some will back out,that is life but as someone is backing out another person too will enter.after this group must have done business together for like 3months they will know the market.bringing in container of goods without solid network and infrastructure is futile.people should learn from ibos,a group of 20 trader will contribute money for one of them to go to china ,he will get the goods cheap ,bring it in and share it according to the money each person contributed,but now you guys have the internet you don't need to sponsor anyone to china all that is needed by the group is to identify a seller on AE ,the deal will be transparent for all in the group ,everyone contributes,gets his goods and does his or her own marketing.trust me they can't and they won't lose if they do it like that.because they will first brainstorm on the product to buy and the best competitive price to sell it fast
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 30, 2013
2s£xy:

blame the i rep thing on too much wiz kid
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by Wizeboy(m): 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2013
texaco1:
Well I understand ,but believe me the jv won't work.most of the people saying I rep here and there will back out when it is time to throw the cash in.
What I initially thought was that a group of 5 or 10 will come together buy and split .definitely not everyone will finish selling his or her own items by the stipulated time to make another order which means some will stay will some will back out,that is life but as someone is backing out another person too will enter.after this group must have done business together for like 3months they will know the market.bringing in container of goods without solid network and infrastructure is futile.people should learn from ibos,a group of 20 trader will contribute money for one of them to go to china ,he will get the goods cheap ,bring it in and share it according to the money each person contributed,but now you guys have the internet you don't need to sponsor anyone to china all that is needed by the group is to identify a seller on AE ,the deal will be transparent for all in the group ,everyone contributes,gets his goods and does his or her own marketing.trust me they can't and they won't lose if they do it like that.because they will first brainstorm on the product to buy and the best competitive price to sell it fast

Your suggestion is good but "Buy and Split Option" you suggest will not really be helpful. How can the business empire been proposed be achieved if people are busy backing out and some other coming in. That is not a Business Group again but rather a form of crowded market where anything goes, where no tangible achievement will be burst of in the long run. Have you consider the bad effect of some of the people that will still be having their unsold goods, cause to your own product? When people are left with unsold products, some of them will rather sell it at an outrageous price in order just to recover their money back than just keeping it in hand... Having sell it at that outrageous price, did you think people that heard of such price will be willing to buy your own product at the initial price again.

I believe you witness what happened to Brazilian and Peruvian Hair which almost all the people then turn to in Season 1 of "DO IT YOURSELF IMPORTATION THREAD". You can see how the price fall sharply due to the people that are unable to market there own. The world is now a global village, once a product is been sell by a single person at a more reduced rate, people will get to know in the next few days.

Though, both "Buy and Split Option" AND "JV" have their own challenges but I think JV still make sense on the long run than Buy and Split. For those people saying I rep; it is expected in this kind of situation BUT as time goes on, the real men will be separated from boys. I can assure you that at the end of the day, it wouldn't be more than 10 to 20 people that will form the JV. Example is the Importation Thread, over 300 people have been following the thread but people that really take action are not more than 40.

I will suggest the plan should continue, as the real investor will be known as time goes on (that is just my own suggestion).

2 Likes

Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by adelegan1: 2:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
The best idea will be buy and split. Jv is not always a good ideal

2 Likes

Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
how about we start hrowing in real ideas right now and lets see what goes from there
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by Manutd19: 3:12pm On Jul 30, 2013
I think both options has its prons & cons as suggested by previous posters. The truth is texaco, wizeboy, c.whyte......are all right. Still i will go for the J.V with a great plan in place. When it comes to real business, definitely most will back out. Hopefully surveycash & other ogas gets to decide soon and proper planning starts.
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by ib4ola(m): 4:16pm On Jul 30, 2013
Are You interested in the Mini Washing Machine

steve10:

Am in though in zaria
Stevesuccess10@hotmail.com

1 Like

Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by sessytony(m): 5:15pm On Jul 30, 2013
I still think u guys should work on the idea quoted. Let everybody that is interested send there name, city and state there to a mail created by i suggest SURVEYCASH and survey cash will then group them according to districts or states so that they can everyone can know those in their state. U guys should stop all dis i represent kano nonsense if you really want this business to stand

I go for wizboy recommendation cos buying and splitting is not a going concern venture. it will only last for a while.

This is the way it should go.... everyone in involved should put in capital he/she can afford and will get dividends according to the capital contributed. This is the way it should go, anyone that brings in contract to sell ill automatically get 10% of the profit from that transaction and the remaining 90% will go to the company's account. At the end of each of each month, each member will donate 50% of is dividend which will be added to is previous capital. This will expand the capital level of the business and the member's capital. this is called capital reserved. However, those that will render professional service can do it voluntarily or at a token. I am looking at this JV going for. You gys should not compare this venture to the igbo's buying buying and splitting business cos we are not illitrates but professionals. i hate it when we use them as the standard sad.The thing about nigerians is that they dont like going into long term commitment, all they want is sharp sharp business. I still have more benefitting ideas to share if you guys take actions and the business grows to a particular level. I will like survey and the oga at the top to consider all i have said and take actions to avoid unnecessary talk without action. ME THEY HUNGRY FOR XMAS BUSINESS OHHH.... sessytony

sessytony: RECOMMENDATION

since the number of people interested in this are beyond control, i will advise the JV to be grouped by states in which each state will have an individual heading it. Due, to the complexity in lagos, i will recommend, lagos should b grouped into 5 senatorial districts headed by an individuals (IKORODU, BADAGRY, IKEJA, LAGOS ISLAND AND EPE). This district will meet with there members, brainstorm and make recommendations. This will be so in other state. All the head will meet after then to table down recommendations from each state or district after then make final decision. The heads will later go back to there members to give feedback. Minute of minute at the central will be fowarded to all members for final approval.Each head will be chosen by each district or state during their meeting and the head at the central will be chosen by the district and state head to avoid complication. I will recommend the central head comes from Lagos for easy business gurus. The heads may suggest an online conference meeting due to distance

From what i have seen so far since season 1, i think we have professionals in all the field that will lead to th growth of the venture (IT experts, marketers, business strategists, legal personnels, advert experts, media experts, custom agents, accountatants and auditors etc).

Let us stop all this this indication of names and states. I think a central mail should be created in which all those will forward there names, city and state. this names will later be regrouped according to district and state, so that each person will know where they belong and plan on how they will meet. Let the IT experts in the house start brainstorming on how to create a good website for the venture in which each member will have an email and password. Each member to get ID cards.

I will be back later to recommend some others stuf. I need a venture that will last for long and expand to be a force to reckon with in Afica. Hope i made sense. SESSYTONY

Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by surveycash(m): 5:34pm On Jul 30, 2013
Hello guys, I am glad with the responses so far. It shows that we have people with like drive for success and excellence. I can also see some of with the technical know how and experience to achieve it.

I am calling interested LAGOS partners to a meeting on[b] Sunday, 4th of August 2013 by 1pm Noon[/b]. I feel Sunday is less busy unlike Saturday's that's fraught with lots of wedding activities. It will be an opportunity for us to sit meet in person and discuss on how to achieve our collective dream.

For the location I am looking at a place in Ilupeju. One of ours offered us his office for this. If you have a bigger space for us in a central location, then we'll be pleased to use.

I am calling on everyone to pls make out time to be there.

@planet4sure
@melojames
@sessytony
@jackson44
@bassette
@Greatken007
@semanose
@jta2012
@chueby

Basically, I am looking for 3 group of people;

1. Researchers for starving markets
2. Moneybags
3. Ardent Marketers that can sell iced drinks in ICEland

If you have powerful camera, pls come with it for group picture/recordings. If your name is not listed and you are in Lagos, pls quote the list and I will update it accordingly.

Other locations should follow suit.

Let's make history people.

Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by adelegan1: 5:43pm On Jul 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by paulharry: 6:11pm On Jul 30, 2013
Those in Abuja when u are ready lemme know. My main interest is jewelry and @Ib4lo I am interested in that mini washing machine. I belive I can market it effectively
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by Tonjeola1(m): 6:22pm On Jul 30, 2013
Manutd19: Ijebu-Ode guys: We're trying to meet and discuss. Pls guys try and get in touch with me on 08174503939. or tonjeola on 08098774971 as soon as possible.
I ve 5 people now from Ijebu Ode, including myself
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by adelegan1: 6:32pm On Jul 30, 2013
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by Manutd19: 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
Tonjeola1:
I ve 5 people now from Ijebu Ode, including myself

nice one bro. Pls drop me a message in my email.
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by xzibukz(m): 7:25pm On Jul 30, 2013
Na wa oo!!!
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by xzibukz(m): 7:25pm On Jul 30, 2013
@surveycash sent me this:

I have been banned for 2 days now. Pls could
you relay this message on the jv importation
thread. All my accounts have been banned. I feel
the moderators are not happy.
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by steve10(m): 7:41pm On Jul 30, 2013
ib4ola: Are You interested in the Mini Washing Machine

Yes
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 30, 2013
A msg fm Oga SC:

I have been banned for 2 days now. Pls could you relay this message on the jv importation thread. All my accounts have been banned. I feel the moderators are not happy.
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by bajugbajug(m): 8:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
let us all drop our details in these format, oga S-cash will attend to it accordingly.
Name:
State:
City:
Sex:
E-mail:
Phone No:
whatsapp N0:
BB pin:
Product of interest:

Thanks.
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by Jman06(m): 9:04pm On Jul 30, 2013
.....:....
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by ib4ola(m): 9:47pm On Jul 30, 2013
send a blank mail to lot2come@gmail.com, i will reply you with a link to the Mini Washing machine. if you are ok with it then we proceed from There. i hope thats okey

paulharry: Those in Abuja when u are ready lemme know. My main interest is jewelry and @Ib4lo I am interested in that mini washing machine. I belive I can market it effectively

steve10:

Yes
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by Manutd19: 10:09pm On Jul 30, 2013
I believed we know @Surveycash has being banned and can't post. He has message to pass across and i will do that on his behalf in the next post.
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by jackson44(m): 10:33pm On Jul 30, 2013
Manutd19: I think both options has its prons & cons as suggested by previous posters. The truth is texaco, wizeboy, c.whyte......are all right. Still i will go for the J.V with a great plan in place. When it comes to real business, definitely most will back out. Hopefully surveycash & other ogas gets to decide soon and proper planning starts.
brother u are right,i agree with your suggestion.i will prefare the jv,splite into two department.those who are in support of buy&split,can connect to each other&negotiate on items to buy&splite.then will who see the future&longtime run of the group,also connect with each other&strategise a plan of the group.just my own view,i stand to be corrected.
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by tapesz: 11:03pm On Jul 30, 2013
hav read tru d importation thread season1 nd 2 since yesterday,nd again i came across dis thread.am so much interestf in d jv.am based in lagos.my mail is ayoz4mp@gmail.com.
I fink all logistics shld be put in place so we cld all meet in our various locations 2 delibrate further,since d moderators r nt comfortable with us here.
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 30, 2013
Alice in wonderland.
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by Lawmann: 3:24am On Jul 31, 2013
So-brit:
The market around this axis is yawning.
what so-brit said is true.we have ready buyers in these areas(Enugu,awka,abakaliki,afikpo,nsukka,ogoja,calabar).infact, if you are from these areas and you are serious to do business even if you dont have much capital dont worry,we can still work out something. And if you know you are good in marketing but you dont have cash,we can work together because we will be needing you.send your name,state,sex and mobile number to 08065075529. i will personal arrange for a meeting.once we are up to 10 people,we will call for a meeting immediately.May God bless all of us.
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by toluxa1(m): 5:33am On Jul 31, 2013
texaco1: @surveycash,
This method u are using won't work,try and do it this way.
Get a limited number of people that can invest 50k each they should be more than 5,that will total 250k .the 5 of you should meet face to face to decide what u will bring in.
Buy the goods in bulk,the major aim should be to get large quantity at a cheaper price ,when the goods arrive ,share it among urself and let everyone go his or her own way.all this I represent here or there like school children answering a roll call isn't necessary.
Look at what the ijebu ode guys are planning ,they are trying to meet and I am sure once they meet they will agree on what to buy and how much to contribute .
Just my thought anyway

I think I strongly agree with a few things you have said. For now, I think this plan is simpler and probably more effective with less logistics involved. I also like what the Ijebu Ode guys are doing, and maybe that's what other should do too.

I personally, am into 3 major items for now. Tablets, Wrist Watches and Power Banks, though I buy stuff for people on demand. I even buy some household things for the family (e.g petrol powered lawn mower, etc).

As texaco has said, the major aim here should be to reduce landing cost, hence, a few group(s) of people with like-products in mind, can come together to archive that. The idea of same location is to make it easier to execute. I am in Minna, Niger state and this place is central to Abuja/Kaduna so I can work with both/either teams. Most of my sales is towards both directions except for recently that I'm sending stuffs to Ilorin (my state).

In the process, different individuals have different marketing strategies, so speed of sales will vary, and that's why I totally agree with Imma's point below:

Imanuelle:
one can't just contribute same 50k with me then sit at home relaxing , while I'm out there selling and returning cash.
At the end, he will expect to get as much profit as I get.

For example, in my Tab Biz, sometimes I supply to co-operatives who have a specific payment plan. Sometimes I have to chase and chase some people around before I get my money. If I supply 50 Tablets from the JV's products to Org. A, with an agreement to pay in 2 weeks and they don't pay until 5 weeks, what impact does that have on the JV? So many many factors are involved and that's why once again I'll say the most feasible method is the contribute, buy and share method (same environment). The complexity of the business is such that, there are things that can be done together (e.g items purchasing) and some that'll be difficult (marketing/sales).

Lastly we can still work together with peeps in other areas depending on how convenient, it doesn't even have to be issue of contributing money. We also have this thread as a 'Base' for us. For example, Funclub (my Oga at the top) and I have our personal dealings by the side. Working together has made things much easier. Same with surveycash (my Oga at the peak). Also enolly, adedayo and one other guy. We share ideas together very often. By the way, e get some guys here ehn, they no go post ooo, dem go just dey watch but wetin dem dey do for background ehn? Hmm.
I was speaking with Elena yesterday and she said two separate customers from Nigeria are presently with them at the same time to buy stuffs, that's why they have been busy. Only God know how many containers dem come carry. I sure say na all these "4 Guest viewing".

Finally, let's just plan properly, make up our minds and act fast. May God grant us our heart desires and help us to sing great songs of testimony by the end of this year. Amin, Ase!

PS: I am just at the 4th page of this thread, while typing this so other better ideas might have come up which I'll read later. And this method I have agreed to is meant to be a starting point to test the main idea. After a while we can then move on to the Mega JV depending on the success of this.

2 Likes

Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by Nobody: 6:15am On Jul 31, 2013
toluxa1: . By the way, e get some guys here ehn, they no go post ooo, dem go just dey watch but wetin dem dey do for background ehn? Hmm.
I was speaking with Elena yesterday and she said two separate customers from Nigeria are presently with them at the same time to buy stuffs, that's why they have been busy. Only God know how many containers dem come carry. I sure say na all these "4 Guest viewing".
gringringringringringrin

FEAR THEM... They will just come, pick your ideas, no contribution whatsoever... And they got cash, loads of cash I tell ya.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

Man Struggles With ATM Machine After His Money Got Stuck In Edo State. Photos / Aliko Dangote Vows To Takeover Arsenal In 2021 / Naira To Dollar Exchange Rate As At 1983 (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.