Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? (33666 Views)

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. / What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? / Why Do Africans Hate Gay People So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 29, 2013
jamp: what am seeing here is different from what CNN reported.

its obvious nairaland owners are anti catholic, always looking for one thing to attack the church.

every sunday they post Adeboye and other pastors messages on front page but cannot post catholic stuff on front page. if its not mary then is purgatory or pope or anti christ.

THE GATES OF HELL WILL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST THE CHURCH ......................QED
CHRISTAINS ARE BUNCH OF CONFUSED HYPOCRITES..WHO DO WE BELIEVE NOW?IS IT OKOTIE,OYAKHILOME,THE POPE,T.B JOSHUA,ADEBOYE,REV. KING OR PASTOR FIRE TO MENTION A FEW..

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by phayvoursky(m): 7:31pm On Jul 29, 2013
Niyinficient:
Bros, your IQ low well well o! So u follow dose wey dey enjoy conflict among persons!!! u no suppose dey live where people dey o! Make dem carry u go Bujumbura, maybe u go get chance to act for 'George of the Jungle part 5'! So animalistic and archaic in thinking!
kikikikikiki... grin
Niyinficient:
Bros, your IQ low well well o! So u follow dose wey dey enjoy conflict among persons!!! u no suppose dey live where people dey o! Make dem carry u go Bujumbura, maybe u go get chance to act for 'George of the Jungle part 5'! So animalistic and archaic in thinking!
kikikikikiki...
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by philfearon(m): 7:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
As the Most attacked Christians in this world,especially in this part of our world,Unrational and prejudiced scathing attacks from these Anti-Catholics are now like chilly waters to my body.....
If the pope had said that "Gay People" should be condemned,ehem,the same silly set of people wil stil come out and say he is a bad person,He is denying people their personal liberty....
Only a Wise person will know What the Pope meant by "if they seek the face of the Lord" .........Have u seeked the Face Of the Lord,Found it and remained the same?
Even Jesus said that we should judge not,that we might not be judged...........
It is still the same Set of Anti-Catholic foools that encourages Self Service....chai! Smh!

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
Some of you seem to forget the teachings of Christ...

*LastBullet*
When Jesus ate with the "sinners" the people of his time also criticised him.
Perhaps, they thought He was encouraging their sinful life.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Niyinficient(m): 7:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
akthedream: Mr man,would you have posted this coment if they were attacking Islam or Muslim?Am pretty sure you woulm have joined the bandwagon had it been the pope's statement was made by a Muslim..What the pope said is not a surprise to me though(gay pastors and bishops).We all know what Christainity is all about,unless we want to deceive ourself.
Pls what's Christianity all about Were u not taught about Jesus in ur Koran? Go North and see for ur self who really practice homosexuality and beastiality! All those Alhaji wey dey sleep wit boiz in reward for big cash na wetin? Mtcheeeeeew! If u ar sensible enough, ask pple who stay or schools in the North or ask ur corper friends who serve in the North to enlighten u! Hypocrites!

May God save those under the demonic power of homosexuality and bring dem back into his fold!!!
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
peppy luv: angry stupid gay,u think my church supports ur devilish act? U need deliverance that's y my pope isn't judging u and mind u he said he isn't judging a repentant gay!

Honestly Peppy, I don't care what your Church thinks. wink

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by trolling(m): 7:37pm On Jul 29, 2013
phayvoursky: Christianity is loosin nothing. Its d catholics dat are. The catholic is a world renowned roman cult. Remember that Hitler was a close friend of the pope during his era. The pope gave hitler his support in the world invasion.
Catholic has been in the helm of the wrong doins in the world. GOD will judge them all.
now i see someone who is well informed,and when you do more research you'll find out how the pope orchestrated the death of some european kings,dont forget he(Pope) had a hand in the death of J.F kennedy

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Dibiachukwu: 7:43pm On Jul 29, 2013
ginajet: and u re an agent of d devil.., aluu pple
White jesus - ceaser burgea
make the sons of the most high bow down to graven image
Create a fake religion called Islam.
Mastermind the killing and enslavement of millions of Hebrews(God's own people)
White wash history
Destroy the earth
change Sabbath from saturday to sunday
Bow down to everything possible
Rape little boys
Occultism
Master of deceit
The list is very long.
But No, I am not allowed to call them agents of the devil.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by ItsUncleDee(m): 7:44pm On Jul 29, 2013
correction...christianity iz nt a religion...u can neva see d title pope in d bible...hw can a sinner(pope) 4give ur sins.....it iz only jesus christ ouq personal lord n saviour dat can make us av access 2 GOD...salvation iz 4 al...PEACE
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by tayokem(m): 7:45pm On Jul 29, 2013
mascot87: I am very sure most nairalanders would misinterpret what the pope is trying to insinuate cos of lack of wisdom understanding his simple statement.Already I am seeing some bigoted illiterates making statements that makes me wonder why some ignoramus bigocony continue to reason with there nose rather than calming down, digest and think deeply on what the Pope is trying to say using there brains. angry
Most people would make silly statements just because they don't believe in the ideology of the Catholic church.Most people are hardcore Religiolistic and tribalistic in nature.
Are u a gay?
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Dibiachukwu: 7:45pm On Jul 29, 2013
Mitch D Leo:
Like the Pope said WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE Yet we here news everyday about pastors molesting, adultery, divorcing, their kids in Fornication. Thats why some times I respect Islam despite being a Christian myself, They are Strong and United.
Islam and christainity and judaism and buddism and hinduism are all of the devil! Paganism and plagiarism is their forte.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Bimpss(f): 7:46pm On Jul 29, 2013
WISE POPE! Wiser than most Nigerian "christians"/Religious people I know. undecided

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Dnaz(m): 7:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
By Ben Rossington | 29 Jul 2013 17:52
The Pope insisted today it was not his place to judge gay
people and said they should not be shunned.
The Pontiff stood by the Church’s belief that homosexual
acts were a sin, but he said gays should be welcomed into
society.
Pope Francis said: “If a person is gay and seeks God and
has good will, who am I to judge him?”
“The Catechism of the Catholic Church explains this very
well.
"It says they should not be marginalised because of this
(orientation) but that they must be integrated into society.
“The problem is not having this orientation. We must be
brothers. The problem is lobbying by this orientation.”
He was addressing claims of a gay lobby in the Vatican,
following scandals over paedophile priests and corruption
in the administration.
Pope Francis joked: “I have not seen anyone in the Vatican
with an identity card saying they are gay.”
But while he delivered the most liberal words from any
pontiff on homosexuality, he said rejection of women priests
would stand.
He added: “The Church has spoken and says, ‘No’. That
door is closed.
"But we cannot limit the role of women to altar girls or
president of a charity, there must be more.”
Many other figures in the Church have also said women
should be given leadership roles.
The Pope was talking to reporters on a flight back to Rome
after an official five-day tour.
He said the trip “did me a lot of spiritual good”.
His visit was topped off yesterday with a huge Mass on
Rio’s Copacabana Beach , with more than three million
people flocking to hear him speak on the sand.
On the flight he also spoke of scandals at the Vatican bank.
Monsignor Nunzio Scarano, a high-ranking clergyman, was
arrested last month on suspicion of trying to smuggle 20
million euros into Italy from Switzerland.
Pope Francis said there were saints in the Holy See but also
“those who are not very saintly”.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by trolling(m): 7:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
one million likes for you
Dibiachukwu:
White wash history
Destroy the earth
Rape little boys
Occultism
Master of deceit
The list is very long.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Dempsy(m): 7:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
mascot87: I am very sure most nairalanders would misinterpret what the pope is trying to insinuate cos of lack of wisdom understanding his simple statement.Already I am seeing some bigoted illiterates making statements that makes me wonder why some ignoramus bigocony continue to reason with there nose rather than calming down, digest and think deeply on what the Pope is trying to say using there brains. angry
Most people would make silly statements just because they don't believe in the ideology of the Catholic church.Most people are hardcore Religiolistic and tribalistic in nature.
...lets call a spade a spade not a big fork.....why r catholics twisting a straith forward xplanation from pope...am not suprise anyway...am seeing one day wen catholic will disintegrate just like anglican.....
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by dubeeek: 7:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
Its alright. So long as they stay away from little boys.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by rennerglow: 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2013
1 Corinthians 6:9 NLT
Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality.

The question is : should I follow what a man who is possibly an homosexual says? Or should I follow what d bible says? Its a choice
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by trolling(m): 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2013
homeboy lets rub minds jare lets leave this people in their darkness
Dibiachukwu:
White wash history
Destroy the earth
Rape little boys
Occultism
Master of deceit
The list is very long.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Dnaz(m): 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2013
By Ben Rossington | 29 Jul 2013 17:52
The Pope insisted today it was not his place to judge gay
people and said they should not be shunned.
The Pontiff stood by the Church’s belief that homosexual
acts were a sin, but he said gays should be welcomed into
society.
Pope Francis said: “If a person is gay and seeks God and
has good will, who am I to judge him?”
“The Catechism of the Catholic Church explains this very
well.
"It says they should not be marginalised because of this
(orientation) but that they must be integrated into society.
“The problem is not having this orientation. We must be
brothers. The problem is lobbying by this orientation.”
He was addressing claims of a gay lobby in the Vatican,
following scandals over paedophile priests and corruption
in the administration.
Pope Francis joked: “I have not seen anyone in the Vatican
with an identity card saying they are gay.”
But while he delivered the most liberal words from any
pontiff on homosexuality, he said rejection of women priests
would stand.
He added: “The Church has spoken and says, ‘No’. That
door is closed.
"But we cannot limit the role of women to altar girls or
president of a charity, there must be more.”
Many other figures in the Church have also said women
should be given leadership roles.
The Pope was talking to reporters on a flight back to Rome
after an official five-day tour.
He said the trip “did me a lot of spiritual good”.
His visit was topped off yesterday with a huge Mass on
Rio’s Copacabana Beach , with more than three million
people flocking to hear him speak on the sand.
On the flight he also spoke of scandals at the Vatican bank.
Monsignor Nunzio Scarano, a high-ranking clergyman, was
arrested last month on suspicion of trying to smuggle 20
million euros into Italy from Switzerland.
Pope Francis said there were saints in the Holy See but also
“those who are not very saintly”.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by frankgreat(m): 7:51pm On Jul 29, 2013
These is very simple, a gay person and sum1 commiting adultry or fornication will share d same bed in hell fire, so y discriminate? If u avnt commited any sin den u can condem
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 29, 2013
Rolax: This is time somebody will stand and do something for Christ! This is time to call a spade a spade. Everybody is afraid. Afraid of the White house and its allies. It is at times like this Peter denied Jesus 3 times. There is no Sugar-coating. Homosexuality is Sin. Christians must stand against legalizing it though not violently cuz Two wrongs cannot make a Right. The Bible made a clear stand point on this issue. Infact, it was the reason why Sodom was destroyed by God himself. The End Time is near!

Bros please I would suggest you look down deep inside within your soul and tell me that is God comes today that you won't be find wanting. My message to people like you that are quick to judge and condemn others is that when you are pointing a finger at someone remember that the other four are pointing at you. I am not in support of gay but at same time I am not in position to judge or condemn them. As a good Christian ( I am not which I am sure you are) your core duty is to pray for sinners to find to retrace their steps. Giving your comment and perceived attitude you seem not to be any different from those Islamic terrorist trying to force Allah's punishment on humanity. Based on the Holy book our duty is love our fellow human, teach them right ( not by judging and condemnation but by showing them love) from wrong by our actions and punishment/judgment we leave to God. You are here sounding "holier thou" I am sure you know God's position on that, if not I suggest you go read your bible again. I am sure their are many things in the lives of the so-called not-gays that are not pleasant before God as well. Bro please stop preaching hatred spread love to everyone, showing love to the gays does not mean that you are encouraging them!
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by trolling(m): 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2013
All the Hebrew Israelites in the house holla at your brother
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2013
undecidedJust like ur pastor chris taught u that self service is not a sin shocked
Dibiachukwu:
Ofcourse this is what they teach you in your catholic church. Am I suprised undecided
Catholism is an organisation, widespread across areas that are Hebraic in origin. They want to deceive the children of God. God would soon make the truth known. If you worship lucifer, God is going to put you to death. If you like, don't go and read your bible!
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Youngzedd(m): 7:57pm On Jul 29, 2013
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 29, 2013
35000tons: Dear Pope,

Nobody is asking you to judge gays...you are only expected to point out their errors (using the bible as a guide) and show them the way of the LORD.

As someone said earlier,''The Vatican has lost it.'' The question now is, when do we start having gay priests and bishops?
When?? Is that suppose to be a question or a joke?Ther are many and still growing Gay bishop and priests in Christainity.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by truely: 8:04pm On Jul 29, 2013
Indifferent: I'm a catholic but someone should tell pope to shut up.
I go soon carry vex join mountain of high tension. Oku!

When Jesus came who did Jesus say he came for? d so called priest castigated him for eating with tax collectors , talking to those that were regarded as d evil once on earth...so i dont see anything wrong the pope has said.....u can say what ever u like...
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by trolling(m): 8:05pm On Jul 29, 2013
peppy luv: grin grin for ur mind now,u are holy U son of a witch! angry
still love you though, my book says love your enemy grin
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Dibiachukwu: 8:10pm On Jul 29, 2013
peppy luv: undecidedJust like ur pastor chris taught u that self service is not a sin shocked
Pastor chris is of the devil too! read your bible young lady and stop running your mouth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Paul Enenche Dedicates Dunamis Auditorium In Minna, Niger State (PHOTOS) / Some Funny Memes That Tell Bible Stories / Photos Of Pastor Igwe Ogbonnaya's SUV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.