Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? (33647 Views)

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. / What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? / Why Do Africans Hate Gay People So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by SPEED5: 6:03pm On Jul 29, 2013
lacum: pls go and teach him how to speak because when Jesus spoke in parables u where there to tell him to speak straight. smh
God loves us inspite of our many sins. pls learn
. Jesus spoke in parables to d pharesies cos there hearts were hardened, but every parable he spoke, he took his disciples aside and explained it. The bible clearly commands those who commit such acts to be excomunicated. A little leaven leaveneth the who loaf
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by lacum: 6:03pm On Jul 29, 2013
lomprico:
Abeg! which part of bible talk am?
abeg go and read the epistle of st. john til d end and come baock
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 29, 2013
angryALL YOU CATHOLIC HATERS WILL DIE AN UNTIMELY DEATH!
OP U WILL SUFFER UNLESS U ASK GOD FOR FORGIVENESS CUZ U LIED AND TWISTED THE STATEMENT BY HIS HOLINESS!!
HE SAID "WHO AM I TO JUDGE A REPENTANT HOMOSEXUAL" Note D word "REPENTANT"
Just heard this now in the news.
Witches and wizards(protestants and Islam) ur hate will never stop us and we can never be one like u devils,molesters and murderers!! angry

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by adeyak83(m): 6:04pm On Jul 29, 2013
This is nothing, but total rubbish if truely he said so...end tym is not near but has come.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by ocelot2006(m): 6:04pm On Jul 29, 2013
Kizyte:
You are cursed! How dare you speak against the Holy Father?

Do not curse anyone oh.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by moodswing(m): 6:05pm On Jul 29, 2013
When diplomacy and politics is introduced in religion, there's bound to be insanity at the highest level.

I ain't a Catholic and will never be, but this pope obviously didn't know that there's a limit.

Pontiff sir, you goofed and God won't be happy with you, because homosexuality was why God destroyed soddom and gomorrah. May God forgive you.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by decepticos(m): 6:06pm On Jul 29, 2013
i wanted to say something b4 I forgot
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by MitchDLeo(m): 6:07pm On Jul 29, 2013
ocelot2006:

And what about those that nailed our Lord and Saviour to the cross? Did they all repent even after he had forgiven them before He died?
As long as yu have yur Head locked up in the Past yu wont move On. 3 Words of Advice FORGIVE AND FORGET. Time to move On. Guide the next Generation so that they wont make the wrong choices like the current One.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by ichidodo: 6:07pm On Jul 29, 2013
The Holy Father is spot on. Stop persecuting Gays, Condemn the sin but not the sinner, Give the sinner a chance and he just might turn his life around, afterall you no holy pass my brother.So who are you to judge?Bishop Oyedepo?!

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by SPEED5: 6:08pm On Jul 29, 2013
lomprico:
Abeg! which part of bible talk am?
. 1cor chapter 5, jude 1:23
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 29, 2013
EXACTLY!!! Ah ah dis hate is getting too much! Op if u dnt rephrase ur post to exactly what the pope said U WILL DIE AN UNTIMELY DEATH !! Son of a bitch!![quote author=Tractor][/quote]
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Shaw007(m): 6:10pm On Jul 29, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

You can insult all you want. It doesn't change reality.
oh yeah really?? . . . And what is that?
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by lertee(f): 6:10pm On Jul 29, 2013
I thought a pope is meant to be aa father and he would be a virgin or at worst he won't go near sex,how come this christian pope is gay....so christinity does support homosexuality,wow so much to learn everyday
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by MitchDLeo(m): 6:11pm On Jul 29, 2013
moodswing: When diplomacy and politics is introduced in religion, there's bound to be insanity at the highest level.

I ain't a Catholic and will never be, but this pope obviously didn't know that there's a limit.

Pontiff sir, you goofed and God won't be happy with you, because homosexuality was why God destroyed soddom and gomorrah. May God forgive you.

Its too late Because there is Politics in all the Churches , even in Islam. We Nigerians have Locked ourselves in a cage where we believe the world is Ruled by Man not GOD/ALLAH, thats why we are in this current position while others are moving forward. All we are best at now is Judging. What a shame.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by SPEED5: 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2013
ocelot2006:

In the OLD or NEW Testament?
. Jude 1:23, 1cor chpt 5
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by lacum: 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2013
Samuelfriday: I think we are all loosing it let's call a spade a spade ok , i think it high time we start telling ourselves the truth the act is against the law of God dat is why he made man and woman, jus incase we have forgotten God destoy d land of sudom and gomorah for dis same offence, i tink my take on dis is d pope shud state clearly for better undertsanding what is evil from what is bad as some one said earlier nobody is asking anybody to jugde but @ list some word against such act can save some souls.
what are u sayin for Gods sake? are u sayin dat d human being God made is bad or what? i only read dat the pope didnt condemn gay people but not gay(the act).
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 29, 2013
angry angry angryI BEG U 4 THE LAST TIME! CORRECT THIS POST! Say d exact words of HIS HOLINESS!
Pygru: The Pope's position on gay people appears to contrast with that of his predecessors.

Pope Francis has said gay people should not be judged or marginalised.
Speaking to reporters on a flight back from Brazil, he said: "If a person is gay and seeks God and has good will, who am I to judge him?"
The Pope's remarks are being seen as much more conciliatory than his predecessor's position on the issue.
Turning to the issue of women priests, he said the Church had spoken and had said"no", but the role of women should not be restricted.
"We cannot limit the role of women in the Church to altar girls or the president of a charity, there must be more," he said in a wide-ranging interview with Vatican journalists.
Five months after he took over from Pope Benedict, he said gay people should be fully accepted in society.
""The Catechism of the Catholic Church explains this very well," Pope Francis said.
"It says they should not be marginalised because of this but that they must be integrated into society."
But he condemned what he described as lobbying by gay people.
"The problem is not having this orientation," he said. "We must be brothers. The problem is lobbying by this orientation, or lobbies of greedy people, political lobbies, Masonic lobbies, so many lobbies. This is the worse problem."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23489702
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by ginajet(f): 6:14pm On Jul 29, 2013
SPEED5: . IF A MAN CLAIMS he is Gods mouth piece , then he should take resolute stand with Gods word. The bible condems all who practice such, and commands that they should be excommunicated
and yet fornicators, thieves, armedrobbaz, kidnappaz, like u still go 2 church abi bible no condem doz sins? Mumu

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by MitchDLeo(m): 6:15pm On Jul 29, 2013
lertee: I thought a pope is meant to be aa father and he would be a virgin or at worst he won't go near sex,how come this christian pope is gay....so christinity does support homosexuality,wow so much to learn everyday
So because He wishes for the Gay to come to Church he is one of them Now. Tell me brother how do you Know if a man is Gay. Don't be surprised if the next man sitting beside yu tommorow or after is Gay. Its Hard to differ especially Blacks who prefer hiding in The shadows unlike the Oyinbos who have the courage to come out to public.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 29, 2013
In as much as I detest the pope's statement, in way its true who are we to judge homosexuals, let us leave them to God!! (But finally to hell with all of them) yuck!
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by mascot87(m): 6:17pm On Jul 29, 2013
Remember Matt 10:5 when Jesus sent out the twelve apostles,he said do not go to any Gentile territory or any Samaritan town but they should go to the lost sheep of the people of Israel meaning the sinners and not Holy Gentile/Samaritan people like nairalanders that judge and condemn people cos dey believe they are pure, clean and spotless without any sin. If you are to tell people that what they are doing is wrong, is the best way of doing that is to condemn and crucify them? will they listen to you if you do that?
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Vansnickers: 6:17pm On Jul 29, 2013
Fools arguing like the fools they are.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:18pm On Jul 29, 2013
andyallor: i agree with the pope. fact like it or not homosexualism is here to stay, and according to d black americans 'its the new black'. theres nofin we straight pple can do but pray 4 them (the homos) and being a homo doesnt make u less of a human. live and let live. shikena

Y'know, at the risk of soundin' like some peeps carping "end time tingz" on NL, pls remember, God told us in the Bible that the end will be "like the days of Noah".

What do those days as recorded have in common with the days we now live in?

Sin had become acceptable, the "in" thing, and even worse, we who call ourselves good people or "straight" (meaning homos are bent or skewed) are so snug in our conceit that we don't realise we're just as bad!!

What am I saying? To all who care to listen: sin no get grade!!

From the occasional "fibber" to the gay to the serial killer, we're all on the same level. We all need help!

So, Lady, pray for yourself, too!!
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by MitchDLeo(m): 6:18pm On Jul 29, 2013
luchy34: In as much as I detest the pope's statement, in way its true who are we to judge homosexuals, let us leave them to God!! (But finally to hell with all of them) yuck!
I hope God wont Judge you to join them In Hell for the previous Sins you've Committed.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by lacum: 6:19pm On Jul 29, 2013
SPEED5: . Jesus spoke in parables to d pharesies cos there hearts were hardened, but every parable he spoke, he took his disciples aside and explained it. The bible clearly commands those who commit such acts to be excomunicated. A little leaven leaveneth the who loaf
go to my post on religious section because i also posted dis same topic and i think u will undastand dt one better cos what d pope said was well xplained. rememba, every other comandment is sumed up in love
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by SPEED5: 6:19pm On Jul 29, 2013
ocelot2006:

No, let's go even futher. Why don't we round them up and burn them on stakes? Lead the way, Oh "holy" one....

.....you can't? Yeah that's right, YOU ARE NOT!! So go shove that judgemental post somewhere else. Nonesense.
. There are other religions a man can belong to. To be christian is not by force. So if u must be a chritian, then stand by its clear precepts
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by SwTonia(f): 6:21pm On Jul 29, 2013
NeuroBoss: Catholicism, Papacy and The Religion of Mary is losing it
shut d Bleep up,wat xo hard 2 understand dia,who truely is he 2 judge
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by MitchDLeo(m): 6:21pm On Jul 29, 2013
Jeezuzpick:

Y'know, at the risk og soundin' like some peeps carping "end time tingz" on NL, pls remember, God told us in the Bible that the end will be "like the days of Noah".

What do those days as recorded have in common with the days we now live in?

Sin had become acceptable, the "in" thing, and even worse, we who call ourselves good people or "straight" (meaning homos are bent or skewed) are so snug in our conceit that we don't realise we're just as bad!!

What am I saying? To all who care to listen: sin no get grade!!

From the occasional "fibber" to the gay to the serial killer, we're all on the same level. We all need help!

So, Lady, pray for yourself, too!!

You too pray but dont Judge other People. And Dont forget to pray for the ritualist, serial killers, Liars, Fornicators, Prostitutes, Boko haram, Abusive Children, thiefs, Fraudsters and Corrupted Leaders In Nigeria. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 29, 2013
peppy luv: angryALL YOU CATHOLIC HATERS WILL DIE AN UNTIMELY DEATH!
OP U WILL SUFFER UNLESS U ASK GOD FOR FORGIVENESS CUZ U LIED AND TWISTED THE STATEMENT BY HIS HOLINESS!!
HE SAID "WHO AM I TO JUDGE A REPENTANT HOMOSEXUAL" Note D word "REPENTANT"
Just heard this now in the news.
Witches and wizards(protestants and Islam) ur hate will never stop us and we can never be one like u devils,molesters and murderers!! angry

LOL. Ejor, easy.

You do know that one can be homosexual and still be "born-again", right?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by SPEED5: 6:22pm On Jul 29, 2013
lacum: go to my post on religious section because i also posted dis same topic and i think u will undastand dt one better cos what d pope said was well xplained. rememba, every other comandment is sumed up in love
. ROMANS 6 :1
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Revolva(m): 6:23pm On Jul 29, 2013
This world is a more confused place....Religion also cant find solution to the problems we face in this world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Demonic Covenant Associated With Visa Lottery / Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement / Paul Enenche Dedicates Dunamis Auditorium In Minna, Niger State (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.