Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,322 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? (18193 Views)

APC BoT Chair: Tinubu, Atiku Renew Rivalries / FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias / MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by na2day(m): 10:55am On Aug 04, 2013
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by 3itNg: 10:55am On Aug 04, 2013
Funny....

Sack the bigots you have as MODS then I know you're serious..

cool cool

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 04, 2013
why tribalism won't stop in the politics section of nairaland.

Firstly the igboid took the meekness of the yorubas as weakness and call us all sort of names. But only few of us see it as a duty to reply them. But now they have overdone it and countless yorubas offline and online are now wary of their antics with the event of the past week.

Secondly, all the peace move on this section are always made effort in futility by igbos. The last kiss and make up thread by ivynwa comes to mind. Even with the fact that igbos were still cursing out yorubas on that thread will still gave them three days grace to stop the hostility. Even dayokanu begged me then that we should give them a week grace before relpying their insult in kind.

Again the present seletive banning of yoruba monikers by afam and sexkills is making many more yorubas to dedicate their energy to the cause of the ethnic fight. Until this guys stop been bias.

And lastly before we even talk of giving peace a chance at all. All the yorubas are this on google must be whipped out and peeps like onlytruth, chino and fsu must be followed by oam4j to monitor all their postings on his section. Also either sexkills or afam must be removed for an hausa mod.

After all these has been done we can then talk on how to acheive peace. Sorry for my typo errors doing this on a mobile phone.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by na2day(m): 11:01am On Aug 04, 2013
I'm speechless, just googled yorubas are:
Igbos you no try at all!
The war has been declared and you guys are suing for peace?
Walahi let the war continue!
I noticed this has gone beyond nairaland, even naijapals and Igbofocus website!
Walahi you guys have gone beyond the point of no return..
Get ready to reap what you have sown angry
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by OneNaira6: 11:04am On Aug 04, 2013
manny4life:

These peeps think they are winning the war, what war exactly?

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

They are hilarious aren't they? I honestly think Yoruba likes that "C" term. That is about the only reason they continue saying ish like that.
They whining that Afam allow igbo to speak their opinion without hiding post yet Oma47 does the same thing. The past three days all they've been doing is insulting. Most of those insults were left open until yesterday when igbo started retaliating back. Did you see anyone whin about that?
They whining that seun appointed afam yet forgetting the same seun hides all the yoruba criminals and highlight the igbo criminals post.
They whining about the whole "yoruba are" on google as if Igbo forced SLS, a fulani man, to call them the problem of Nigeria.
They whin about getting banned.
They whin, whin and more whin. crybabies. Hilarious people

I think i even read one mention that they are the ones that helped Igbo bounce back after the civil war? in what way i wonder.
They ranting, whining, and it is so comical to watch/read. Continue.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by luvmijeje(f): 11:07am On Aug 04, 2013
anago12: why tribalism won't stop in the politics section of nairaland.

Firstly the igboid took the meekness of the yorubas as weakness and call us all sort of names. But only few of us see it as a duty to reply them. But now they have overdone it and countless yorubas offline and online are now wary of their antics with the event of the past week.

Secondly, all the peace move on this section are always made effort in futility by igbos. The last kiss and make up thread by ivynwa comes to mind. Even with the fact that igbos were still cursing out yorubas on that thread will still gave them three days grace to stop the hostility. Even dayokanu begged me then that we should give them a week grace before relpying their insult in kind.

Again the present seletive banning of yoruba monikers by afam and sexkills is making many more yorubas to dedicate their energy to the cause of the ethnic fight. Until this guys stop been bias.

And lastly before we even talk of giving peace a chance at all. All the yorubas are this on google must be whipped out and peeps like onlytruth, chino and fsu must be followed by oam4j to monitor all their postings on his section. Also either sexkills or afam must be removed for an hausa mod.

After all these has been done we can then talk on how to acheive peace. Sorry for my typo errors doing this on a mobile phone.
I hope the admin will take this seriously. In the first place, why are there 2 mods from the Ibo extraction in a volatile section? And Yourubas are .... should be remove cos I don't want my unborn children seeing those crap.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by OAM4J: 11:08am On Aug 04, 2013
na2day!:
https://www.nairaland.com/306050/ugly-yorubas

thanks. removed. pls give me more if you find.

na2day!:
Igbos you no try at all!
Get ready to reap what you have down angry

thomason:

Bro, Just type 'Yorubas are' on google. Its been like that for many years, and people like FSU boast about it.

Most of those insultive links are no longer active, it will take a while for them to clear from google databases. But if you click any of those derogatory titles, it will give you nothing. If it doesnt, lemme have the link here.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 04, 2013
Obiagelli: Do you all realize that NL could be taken down by the government if this nonsense continues
This has gone way bigger than nairaland. your ndigbo brothers have successfully created a big monster called tribalism. I never knew Igbo hated yorubas so much, never knew they hated awolowo, never knew they call yorubas Yoruba, oily soup, dirty, ugly e.t.c till I joined nairaland. When you type "Yoruba are" on Google, check the results.
Now it's so bad on here that many neutral Yoruba's can't stomach the daily insult and they are now tribalist both on the internet and in real life. yorubas are now supporting the closure of ladipo market and other igbo markets, yorubas would normally not support this. peeps like DK hardly comments. There are now many Yoruba e-warriors.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by na2day(m): 11:25am On Aug 04, 2013
saxywale:
This has gone way bigger than nairaland. your ndigbo brothers have successfully created a big monster called tribalism. I never knew Igbo hated yorubas so much, never knew they hated awolowo, never knew they call yorubas Yoruba, oily soup, dirty, ugly e.t.c till I joined nairaland. When you type "Yoruba are" on Google, check the results.
Now it's so bad on here that many neutral Yoruba's can't stomach the daily insult and they are now tribalist both on the internet and in real life. You can see that yorubas are now supporting the closure of ladipo market and other igbo markets, yorubas would normally not support this. You can see peeps like DK hardly comments. There are now many Yoruba e-warriors.

You never see anything, check out this their website:
Igbofocus.co.uk
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by thomason: 11:27am On Aug 04, 2013
na2day!:
Igbos you no try at all!
Get ready to reap what you have sown angry

Honestly, its beyond nairaland. When you search yorubas are on google, there are many links that will redirect you to other forums like http://www.naijapals.com/?L=confess.index&cid=35222 Even on Igbofocus.co.uk (http://www.igbofocus.co.uk/WHY_YORUBAS_ARE_NIGERIA-S_MOST/why_yorubas_are_nigeria-s_most_hateful_tribe.html), they keep writing long article yarbing yourubas and Awolowo. Its really unfair, yorubas need to wake up. Enough is enough.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 04, 2013
One_Naira:

They are hilarious aren't they? I honestly think Yoruba likes that "C" term. That is about the only reason they continue saying ish like that.
They whining that Afam allow igbo to speak their opinion without hiding post yet Oma47 does the same thing. The past three days all they've been doing is insulting. Most of those insults were left open until yesterday when igbo started retaliating back. Did you see anyone whin about that?
They whining that seun appointed afam yet forgetting the same seun hides all the yoruba criminals and highlight the igbo criminals post.
They whining about the whole "yoruba are" on google as if Igbo forced SLS, a fulani man, to call them the problem of Nigeria.
They whin about getting banned.
They whin, whin and more whin. crybabies. Hilarious people

I think i even read one mention that they are the ones that helped Igbo bounce back after the civil war? in what way i wonder.
They ranting, whining, and it is so comical to watch/read. Continue.

the word perfectly describe you, your cries to the mods on the adekunle thread comes to mind. Yorubas returned igbos properties after the civil war what your ika progenitors did then with igbos properties is a public knowledge.

If you are not a chronic liar bringforth any complains against oam4j and i will give you loads of thread on afam and sexkills bias. Wanna thank you and your new igbo friends for waking our consciousness to your real agenda.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 04, 2013
ACM10: Ikenna351 wanted to do the same thing but was frustrated by the likes of Mukina and OAM4J. OAM4J even went ahead to accuse him of favouring Igbo ethnics. Forgeting the fact that we bear the brunt of Ikenna351 actions. Many of Igbo posters that were affected by Ikenna351 bans are yet to come back to the forum. Some have reduced their participation here.

I think this is the height of hypocrisy.
You lied. Every effort at making peace reign has been frustrated by your people's belief that they are the best (what my Ijaw people call "alabofa"wink. You don't see anything good in other ethnic groups. May I remind you how you and Sexkillz tried to twist rule "2" to make it appear as if it is an offence for a non-member to be abused. You once did this when GEJ was called retardeed and clueless. You did it on Chinua Achebe. But saw nothing wrong when, of all forms of abuse, you qualified Wole Soyinka as a fool. You were not banned neither was that comment hidden.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by OAM4J: 11:57am On Aug 04, 2013
For avoidance of doubts, I want to make myself clear.

NL and the moderators in this section do not believe in all these ethnic rivalries, hostilities and wars. Therefore we will not allow anyone to use this forum, particularly politics board to pursue that agenda.

The moderators here have resolved that those who engage in these hostilities/wars from now on will not just be banned for days, but for weeks and serial offenders will be given a long sabbatical leave from NL. Identified duplicate monikers used in fomenting troubles will be banned permanently. (remember it takes few seconds with 2/3 clicks to remove posts and ban compare to the length of time use in creating these monikers and making these posts)

Anyone who so believe in this war should take the war to the streets and other forums. We would not mind to lose few trouble makers and tribal warlords here and give room to new and hitherto quiet members that want to discuss real politics.

Again, all we are saying is; enough is enough. And gain I repeat, I do not enjoy banning members, hence my plea, let's stop these rivalries and hostilities.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Aedesmuskeeto: 12:00pm On Aug 04, 2013
Oh nigga, what a thread!!
I'm starting to get the feeling "the NL ibo bigots have bit more than they could chew"!!!

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by ACM10: 12:01pm On Aug 04, 2013
Hope someone is viewing this unprovoked attack on me. grin

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by baby124: 12:02pm On Aug 04, 2013
OAM4J: For avoidance of doubts, I want to make myself clear.

NL and the moderators in this section do not believe in all these ethnic rivalries, hostilities and wars. Therefore we will not allow anyone to use this forum, particularly politics board to pursue that agenda.

The moderators here have resolved that those who engage in these hostilities/wars from now on will not just be ban for days, but for weeks and serial offenders will be given a long sabbatical leave from NL. Identified duplicate monikers used in fomenting troubles will be banned permanently. (remember it takes few seconds with 2/3 clicks to remove posts and ban compare to the length of time use in creating these monikers and making these posts)

Anyone who so believe in this war should take the war to the streets and other forums. We would not mind to lose few trouble makers and tribal warlords here and give room to new and hitherto quiet members that want to discuss real politics.

Again, all we are saying is; enough is enough. And gain I repeat, I do not enjoy banning members, hence my plead, let's stop these rivalries and hostilities.

Thanks.

When is seun going to remove one of these mods or replace both. When is he going to banish eze anything. By the way oam4j you can only speak for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 04, 2013
Going forward.....this Eze Ndigbo rubbish should be henceforth stop on NL...

No more segregation along tribal affiliation

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 04, 2013
OAM4J...

Please stop hiding my comments...

If because you are a Mod...you are personally constrained to engage these people that are determined to rubbish those things and people you hold in high esteem in your tribe....then leave the turf for some of us that are not so encumbered with such moral burden...

Pleaseeee!
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 04, 2013
oga oam4j speak for yourself go check out afam post on the biafra press release and numerous outta nl conversation with this two mods on the going ons here.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 04, 2013
OAM4J my beloved brother,
To be sincere, you have made a very nice and wise move. But at same time, i am sorry to tell you that what u just brought will definitely fall on deaf ears. pls ask me why?..
BECAUSE WE ARE ALL HUMANS WHO WILL RATIONALLY DEFEND OUR INTERESTS. As a visitor, i will continue to reiterate that i never harboured resentment towards any fellow Nigerian untill i FIRST heard an IGBO fella call Awolowo a sicktard.
pls answer me:
- How d heck will you have me accord any respect to the likes of their men like Zik, Ojuku, Achebe and co when an Ibo throws such insult at Awolowo,Adekunle,Wole,etc? .

- How d heck will u have me regard/respect aliens saying they own Lagos while yoruba sons and daughters of Oduduwa, who hetched their prints on the land of their forefather, are still alive on planet earth?....OAM4J, maybe u probably dont have a feeling of how VULGAR, INSULTIVE, PROVOCATING AND RUDE it is when an alien comes to a land of your fathers and says it to your eyes "We own it". If u had such feeling, i definitely know u cant just but help take it up against such exhibit of madness they make AND are still making against ur identity.

- How the heck do i respect the welfare of a stranger who has no regard for my own traditions AS the one they have already showed in the Ladipo saga?

Enough said, one thing i know deep down in mind and which i would CONFESS is, the level of rivalry displayed amongst yorubas and igbos here on NL is a TOTAL OPPOSITE of what we experience. ..BUT, at the same time, im really sorry to remind you that, IN REALITY AND TRUTH, their coexistence (yorubas/igbos) is not because they like each other, BUT, a function of the fact that we are ready to accomodate them just like other tribes in Nigeria, like we also have like in Kwara.

However, what i just want to say in essence is that, ethnic rivalry, especially here on NL CANT be eliminated BUT curbed, IF , one tribe can respect and acknowledge the other's status in its RIGHT position of interest, in any conflicting area of commonwealth, be it at a political, geographical, cultural, social, etc level. Any conscious attempt at eliminating such stance will end with nothing but FAILURE, 'cos as i have earlier on said, "WE ARE HUMANS WHO WILL RATIONALLY DEFEND OUR INTEREST" , and not the other person's.

...NICE ONE MY BELOVED BROTHER OAM4J.
..but im sorry to say this once again, YORUBAS AND IGBOS MAY NOT BE ENEMIES (objective), NEITHER ARE THEY FRIENDS(logical).

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by bobthebuilder99(m): 12:35pm On Aug 04, 2013
OAM4J: @ All

Pls supply links of ethnic insultive threads (Yorubas are..., Igbos are...., Hausas are... etc ) that are still active here.

Thanks.

I will help you.

Please immediately remove the MASSOB thread that was posted to the front page today. Sack Afam as well.

Why?

That thread is a perfect example of what many here have said severally. Igbo mods posting tribal threads to the front page to give their brothers an excuse to attack other tribes. It happened to the Hausa when Boko Haram was heating up, with shameful threads hitting the front page, now it is directed at Yoruba.

2. Joe Igbowke wrote a sane and calm appeal to Igbos to be calm and to think rationally about the deportations. Many posters created threads about it. NOT A SINGLE MODERATOR PUT THIS ON THE FRONT PAGE. Yet the next day they post MASSOB calling Yoruba "Alama and red oil".

3. Afam takes up 90% of the 1st page, then promotes it to the front page, so that his viewpoint is heard over the other forumites.

4. That thread is filled with nothing but tribal trash AND MASSOB IS NOT A NIGERIAN ORGINIZATION! It is purely an Igbo separatist organization. Why must their every word and action be on front page of Nairaland?

Really read that thread and tell me how that thread is not CAUSING ethnic rivalry and hostility on Nairaland. Afam read this thread yesterday (where you said "NL and the moderators in this section do not believe in all these ethnic rivalries, hostilities and wars." ) and then promptly promoted a tribal rant from a separatist group to the front page of this website. He just spit in your face AND every Yoruba's face.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by advocate666: 12:39pm On Aug 04, 2013
How is your great idea working out oam4j?
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by advocate666: 12:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities?

Not while it remains lawful to insult my tribe on this forum by calling them "ibo" instead of "Igbo".
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by advocate666: 12:44pm On Aug 04, 2013
ilugunboy: Going forward.....this Eze Ndigbo rubbish should be henceforth stop on NL...

Maybe the section dedicated to tribalism should be closed. If not, then this website is promoting tribalism.

Suggestions. Suggestions.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by 4Play(m): 12:44pm On Aug 04, 2013
I'm not sure why insulting a public figure is seen as tribalism, unless the insult is made as part of a comment about the leader's ethnicity.

Why is a thread about Fashola being a kidnapper an insult to Yorubas? The premise is that Nigerians cannot be detained indefinitely without a court order or pursuant to some well defined statutory/constitutional provision. Therefore, all this talk of Anambra, Lagos, Akwa Ibom and FCT detaining beggars and destitutes without court supervision is essentially kidnapping as it's unlawful detention. What is the point of being educated if this basic principle is beyond comprehension?

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Desola(f): 12:50pm On Aug 04, 2013
OAM4J: For avoidance of doubts, I want to make myself clear.

The moderators here have resolved that those who engage in these hostilities/wars from now on will not just be banned for days, but for weeks and serial offenders will be given a long sabbatical leave from NL. Identified duplicate monikers used in fomenting troubles will be banned permanently. (remember it takes few seconds with 2/3 clicks to remove posts and ban compare to the length of time use in creating these monikers and making these posts)

Again, all we are saying is; enough is enough. And gain I repeat, I do not enjoy banning members, hence my plead, let's stop these rivalries and hostilities.

Thanks.

Arrant gibberish!

Elejo wewe

Abegi put a sock in it ojare! Not everyone is ready to drop their identity for a bribe. Unlike you, some of us will not point to our father's house with the left finger.

Yorubas, 0am4j has been bought! See him henceforth as your enemy.

Your interests are not protected on this forum o.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 04, 2013
ilugunboy: Going forward.....this Eze Ndigbo rubbish should be henceforth stop on NL...

They may decide not to stop it, we shall soon crown our own Babaloja and Iyaloja as well as Babalaje and Iyalaje of Nairaland.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi / India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ / MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.