Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? (18190 Views)

APC BoT Chair: Tinubu, Atiku Renew Rivalries / FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias / MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by luvmijeje(f): 1:01pm On Aug 04, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

I will help you.

Please immediately remove the MASSOB thread that was posted to the front page today. Sack Afam as well.

Why?

That thread is a perfect example of what many here have said severally. Igbo mods posting tribal threads to the front page to give their brothers an excuse to attack other tribes. It happened to the Hausa when Boko Haram was heating up, with shameful threads hitting the front page, now it is directed at Yoruba.

2. Joe Igbowke wrote a sane and calm appeal to Igbos to be calm and to think rationally about the deportations. Many posters created threads about it. NOT A SINGLE MODERATOR PUT THIS ON THE FRONT PAGE. Yet the next day they post MASSOB calling Yoruba "Alama and oil".

3. Afam takes up 90% of the 1st page, then promotes it to the front page, so that his viewpoint is heard over the other forumites.

4. That thread is filled with nothing but tribal trash AND MASSOB IS NOT A NIGERIAN ORGINIZATION! It is purely an Igbo separatist organization. Why must their every word and action be on front page of Nairaland?
Geez! Just 3 days of consistenly coming here, I'm ready and willingly to be become a tribalist.
OAM4J pls close this thread. What's that MASSOB thread doing on the front page. The mod that put that thread on the fp must be sack or you should be sack and replace with another bigot. Infact I'm nominating Ilugun or Ji sun something to replace OAM4J. What an injustice!

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 04, 2013
This stuff is getting out of hand very soon people will start acting out what they read here in their daily dealings

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Desola(f): 1:02pm On Aug 04, 2013
OAM4J: For avoidance of doubts, I want to make myself clear.

NL and the moderators in this section do not believe in all these ethnic rivalries, hostilities and wars. Therefore we will not allow anyone to use this forum, particularly politics board to pursue that agenda.

The moderators here have resolved that those who engage in these hostilities/wars from now on will not just be banned for days, but for weeks and serial offenders will be given a long sabbatical leave from NL. Identified duplicate monikers used in fomenting troubles will be banned permanently. (remember it takes few seconds with 2/3 clicks to remove posts and ban compare to the length of time use in creating these monikers and making these posts)

Anyone who so believe in this war should take the war to the streets and other forums. We would not mind to lose few trouble makers and tribal warlords here and give room to new and hitherto quiet members that want to discuss real politics.

Again, all we are saying is; enough is enough. And gain I repeat, I do not enjoy banning members, hence my plead, let's stop these rivalries and hostilities.

Thanks.

Elejo wewe, Okupe of Nairaland.

Oya, tell us exactly what constitute "engaging in tribal rivalries" or did you just pull that out of the blackest part of your ar3e?

All these yeye moderators who are yet to scale past SS3 coming here to lay down their yeye village rules.

And to think you have the cheek to say that your other moderators are not involved in ethnic rivalry. You must think that the average Yoruba share the same low IQ with you.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Desola(f): 1:04pm On Aug 04, 2013
Obiagelli: This stuff is getting out of hand very soon people will start acting out what they read here in their daily dealings

Dey dia dey look.

Lagos go hot!

I don dey print pamphlet as we tok. Spreading the Massob message and taking nairaland to court for defamation.

Na joke you go tink say I joke.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 04, 2013
Ola Johnson:
They may decide not to stop it, we shall soon crown our own Babaloja and Iyaloja as well as Babalaje and Iyalaje of Nairaland.

I CONCUR Ola Johnson!

pls fellas, if these ibos dont stop their spamming , lets introduce ours of Babalaje of NL/Iyalaje of NL. ..and lets see how they(moderators and Seun) will react to our reciprocating to Ibos excesses on NL.

...Starting from NOW

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by E20Yibbo: 1:07pm On Aug 04, 2013
OAM4J: For avoidance of doubts, I want to make myself clear.

NL and the moderators in this section do not believe in all these ethnic rivalries, hostilities and wars. Therefore we will not allow anyone to use this forum, particularly politics board to pursue that agenda.

The moderators here have resolved that those who engage in these hostilities/wars from now on will not just be banned for days, but for weeks and serial offenders will be given a long sabbatical leave from NL. Identified duplicate monikers used in fomenting troubles will be banned permanently. (remember it takes few seconds with 2/3 clicks to remove posts and ban compare to the length of time use in creating these monikers and making these posts)

Anyone who so believe in this war should take the war to the streets and other forums. We would not mind to lose few trouble makers and tribal warlords here and give room to new and hitherto quiet members that want to discuss real politics.

Again, all we are saying is; enough is enough. And gain I repeat, I do not enjoy banning members, hence my plead, let's stop these rivalries and hostilities.

Thanks.

You are funny!It will cost less than £500.to block nairaland in the UK for 48hours through the courts and your owner will spend more than £10000 to get it up and running and we can repeat that process every 3 months.You are already in breach of so many EU laws and qualify as a "HATE SITE".Spare us the hypocrisy
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by ujchief(m): 1:08pm On Aug 04, 2013
bobthebuilder99:
Igbo mods posting tribal threads to the front page to give their brothers an excuse to attack other tribes. It happened to the Hausa when Boko Haram was heating up, with shameful threads hitting the front page, now it is directed at Yoruba.

2. Joe Igbowke wrote a sane and calm appeal to Igbos to be calm and to think rationally about the deportations. Many posters created threads about it. NOT A SINGLE MODERATOR PUT THIS ON THE FRONT PAGE. Yet the next day they post MASSOB calling Yoruba "Alama and red oil".

3. Afam takes up 90% of the 1st page, then promotes it to the front page, so that his viewpoint is heard over the other forumites...

All these accusations, counter-accusations and name calling is not necessary. If you all calm down, you will realize that many things are not the way you presume them to be.

For a start, Mods don't take threads to frontpage, so accusing Afam of doing so is wrong. The supermods and Admin is in charge of threads going to frontpage; the mods just recommend. So if you feel they are being biased in that regards, then take it up with semid4lyfe and mukina2 (supermods) and seun the admin.

The fact that there's variety in selection of mods is an added advantage. If you feel the action of a mod towards you is unfair, then you can come to the complaint thread and seek the attention of the co-mod that you feel will redress the issue. Its as simple as that.

I hope this call for truce really works out; it was more fun when we directed our anger on our leaders at aso rock and the political parties that has no framework for the development of this country. But turning every discussion to a tribal warfare is so not funny anymore.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by E20Yibbo: 1:10pm On Aug 04, 2013
ujchief:

All these accusations, counter-accusations and name calling is not necessary. If you all calm down, you will realize that many things are not the way you presume them to be.

For a start, Mods don't take threads to frontpage, so accusing Afam of doing so is wrong. The supermods and Admin is in charge of threads going to frontpage; the mods just recommend. So if you feel they are being biased in that regards, then take it up with semid4lyfe and mukina2 (supermods) and seun the admin.

The fact that there's variety in selection of mods is an added advantage. If you feel the action of a mod towards you is unfair, then you can come to the complaint thread and seek the attention of the co-mod that you feel will redress the issue. Its as simple as that.

I hope this call for truce really works out; it was more fun when we directed our anger on our leaders at aso rock and the political parties that has no framework for the development of this country. But turning every discussion to a tribal warfare is so not funny anymore.
It will not be fun as long as Afam remains. He must go!
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by advocate666: 1:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
Obiagelli: This stuff is getting out of hand very soon people will start acting out what they read here in their daily dealings

If you haven't started yet, you have only yourself to blame when the time comes.

Ukpana okpoko gburu, nti chiri ya.
Agha akara aka adi eri ngworo.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 04, 2013
ujchief:

bro, i personally dont like how issues are ethnic upspringing, but how do u make me respond while one demented fella will abuse Awo & his likes?..
pls answer me.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Desola(f): 1:15pm On Aug 04, 2013
ujchief:

Truce ke?

Your governors, political parties, secessionist organisations and traditional leaders castigating our most productive leader while collectively calling us the "amala and red oil soup" people is enough for us to call a truce? You think? You call Awolowo names, demand that we make the post of 'babaloja' an elective one trivial issues to call a truce over?

Nah, it is only the beginning. You have awoken the sleeping lion and all consequences would be dire.

You have the effontary to threaten that the nation would go up in flames and call Fashola a kidnapper and runs a concentration camp.

Una go hear am now.

8 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by ujchief(m): 1:16pm On Aug 04, 2013
luvmijeje:
Geez! Just 3 days of consistenly coming here, I'm ready and willingly to be become a tribalist.
OAM4J pls close this thread. What's that MASSOB thread doing on the front page. The mod that put that thread on the fp must be sack or you should be sack and replace with another bigot. Infact I'm nominating Ilugun or Ji sun something to replace OAM4J. What an injustice!

Lol@bolded. You are damn right! Coming here for 3 straight days has affected you negatively as seen in your suggestion cheesycheesy

A word of advice: go back to the Romance section. When the storm is calmed and here is safe again, we will invite you backgrin

Once again, mods don't take threads to frontpage. They only recommend. Its the duty of the super-mods to take threads to frontpage (unless the rules have been changed lately).
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 04, 2013
ujchief:

You are Ibo....

So before I read your message...I judge your by you tribe...

So scram away with your holier than thou posture here!
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by PHIPEX(m): 1:23pm On Aug 04, 2013
If you think it is easy to rule Nigeria, try Nairaland. Even Seun and Moderators have run short of ideas on how to sanitise Nairaland because we are more tribalistic than Rwandans and sometimes I wonder what is actually holding the country as one.

I've heard this appeal and threats before from moderators and it only works for few weeks and gets worse. I can only advice the moderators that controlling Nigerians only works through trial and error methods, even our economic policies defy all known theories. Do whatever is necessary to restore sanity because we are more stubborn than goats. May God help us.

For those complaining of insulting Yoruba leaders, In as much I know that am not guilty of such but what about those mounting insults on Jonathan? is it right to insult the President but wrong to insult a Governor? I must confess that nairalanders popularised the word "Retard" and other of such derogatory words at least to the best of my knowledge. And we know these were ACN and APC supporters and as far as am concerned "respect is reciprocal". It shows lack of self respect to insult a leader (regardless of ethnic origin) in the name of criticism let alone when you turn around and point an accusing finger on others because every "tribe" is guilty of such. Let the issue here be about finding solution to a problem that cuts across board instead pointing accusing fingers as if any section of the country is free from such guilt.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 04, 2013
thank god yorubas are now waking up. Just spoke with one of fashola aide some minutes ago and seriously the lasg guys are just starting with this guys. Their online activities and comments on print and electronic media are well documented by lasg. He spoke about one chief larry that always call on radio station to propagate propangada against lasg and fash. On good authority from my source most of them will beg to leave lagos they have stepped hard on our patience.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by advocate666: 1:29pm On Aug 04, 2013
anago12: thank god yorubas are now waking up. Just spoke with one of fashola aide some minutes ago and seriously the lasg guys are just starting with this guys. Their online activities and comments on print and electronic media are well documented by lasg. He spoke about one chief larry that always call on radio station to propagate propangada against lasg and fash. On good authority from my source most of them will beg to leave lagos they have stepped hard on our patience.

Wrong thread.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by bobthebuilder99(m): 1:29pm On Aug 04, 2013
ujchief:

Whether it was Afam or Mukina is not the point. The point is that it is hypocritical to put tribal bashing threads on the front page and then act surprised when tribes start bashing eachother.

What is the point of putting that hatred on the front page, if not to make us fight? If you are serious about reducing tribalism, you can start by taking down that thread.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by ujchief(m): 1:36pm On Aug 04, 2013
Desola:

Truce ke?

Your governors, political parties, secessionist organisations and traditional leaders castigating our most productive leader while collectively calling us the "amala and red oil soup" people is enough for us to call a truce? You think? You call Awolowo names, demand that we make the post of 'babaloja' an elective one trivial issues to call a truce over?

Nah, it is only the beginning. You have awoken the sleeping lion and all consequences would be dire.

You have the effontary to threaten that the nation would go up in flames and call Fashola a kidnapper and runs a concentration camp.

Una go hear am now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling for truce on behalf of the igbos in nairaland; I'm calling for truce on behalf of nairaland. I don't engage in tribal bashing: but there are lots of my kinsmen here in Nl who are ready for you and will definitely tear you in shreds. So don't mistake my meekness for a weakness on the part of igbos. My call extends to all involved in tribal bashing; both igbos, yorubas, hausas, ijaws, nupes etc. I've been in Nl long enough to know that the war won't lead to anywhere.

In case you didn't read OAm4j's last post; this is not a plea but a stand. He is not begging you guys to stop, he is 'Demanding' that henceforth, tribal bashing stops!

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2013
anago12: thank god yorubas are now waking up. Just spoke with one of fashola aide some minutes ago and seriously the lasg guys are just starting with this guys. Their online activities and comments on print and electronic media are well documented by lasg. He spoke about one chief larry that always call on radio station to propagate propangada against lasg and fash. On good authority from my source most of them will beg to leave lagos they have stepped hard on our patience.

I love your signature.... cool

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 04, 2013
ujchief:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling for truce on behalf of the igbos in nairaland; I'm calling for truce on behalf of nairaland. I don't engage in tribal bashing: but there are lots of my kinsmen here in Nl who are ready for you and will definitely tear you in shreds. So don't mistake my meekness for a weakness on the part of igbos. My call extends to all involved in tribal bashing; both igbos, yorubas, hausas, ijaws, nupes etc. I've been in Nl long enough to know that the war won't lead to anywhere.

In case you didn't read OAm4j's last post; this is not a plea but a stand. He is not begging you guys to stop, he is 'Demanding' that henceforth, tribal bashing stops!

Please bring it on with this Moniker and initiate the rest of your kinsmen....

I know you've been pretending all along.....I never for one second believe in your pretenses...
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by advocate666: 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
ujchief:

"Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities?" sounds like begging to me. In any case, whether he was begging or threatening, it's still the same thing. Nobody can force me to love yoruba people. Least of all, a jobless moderator that Seun handed a ban button.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Desola(f): 1:43pm On Aug 04, 2013
ujchief:

Your kinfolk will shred mine into pieces?

OamforkingJ, I hope you turncoat can read this. Otherwise, when I respond to this lunatic, you will regret the day you were ever voted in as a moderator.

Mo n ja e no warning nisin o.

Issokay.

Issorai!

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Desola(f): 1:44pm On Aug 04, 2013
ilugunboy:

Please bring it on with this Moniker and initiate the rest of your kinsmen....

I know you've been pretending all along.....I never for one second believe in your pretenses...

You read it too?

Good! Oam4j?
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 04, 2013
Desola:

You read it too?

Good! Oam4j?

I never trust any Ibo....no matter how on the surface they may look good...beneath such posture is capacity for unlimited treachery and mischief
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 04, 2013
When you all are done bickering, you'll act accordingly. The tribal talks end on this thread.

We are taking this issue very seriously. Good bye to 2 week bans. The minimum is 1 month, and no amount of pleading will make us unban you.

3 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by ujchief(m): 1:54pm On Aug 04, 2013
ilugunboy:

You are Ibo....

So before I read your message...I judge your by you tribe...

So scram away with your holier than thou posture here!

You will soon run out of steam. I've seen more devoted tribalist in the time past with their raw venom. Where did it lead to? You made over 100 posts yesterday, all filled with hate in order to fight a presumed war. Doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result is the height of foolishness.

I wondered how you manage not to pee on your pants during yesterday's e-wars.

We need a more healthy nairaland.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by luvmijeje(f): 1:56pm On Aug 04, 2013
ujchief:

Lol@bolded. You are damn right! Coming here for 3 straight days has affected you negatively as seen in your suggestion cheesycheesy

A word of advice: go back to the Romance section. When the storm is calmed and here is safe again, we will invite you backgrin

Once again, mods don't take threads to frontpage. They only recommend. Its the duty of the super-mods to take threads to frontpage (unless the rules have been changed lately).
I hate being patronise and another thing I hate more is to be belittle. For your sake, I will edit. The mod that recommend that thread to the fp must be sack or OAM4J must be replace with another bigoted mod if Seun want peace to reign.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 04, 2013
ujchief:

U are only trying to sound reasonable, why in true sense, you are only deceiving urself thinking u are making any substantial point here.
...LET ME SAY THIS:
Your presence and that of ur ibo fellas on NL is not what Seun d owner of the site is interested in AT ALL! if at all, he has any reason to develop any others areas of his interest, i bet u Seun can definitely use a really WELL-ESTABLISHED and POPULAR medium like Nairaland to promote the identity of his fathers, which is the Yorubas!

...but tell me, how will he?..When he knows its a risk to his business.

..SO PLEASE, DONT THINK SEUN ALLOWING IBOS TO DO WHATEVA THEY LIKE, AND LIMITING THE FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION OF WE HIS FELLOW TRIBESMEN MEANS HE DOESNT KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING..
As a saying goes:
"Let name the Lunatic our brother, so that we would have a peaceful ceremony".

...SO IBOS, dont think Seun is a fool to allow ur Excesses, while he curbs ours.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Amaechi Briefs Senate On Railway Monetization Project (Photos) / Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary / Communique Arising From The Meeting Of South East Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.