Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,241 members, 7,836,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel (40565 Views)

Ekiti Guber Election:Army Panel Submits Report, Recommends Compulsory Retirement / Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate / Impeachment: Panel Indicts Nyako, Absolves Deputy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by wman(m): 10:08pm On Aug 10, 2013
Seriously someone needs to enlighten us so we don't engage in blasphemy? How does Oyedepo get money to buy private jets and invest in other stuffs? Which charity is he involved in? If only his church members could clarify these we won't be making some assumptions. Kindly help us answer these.

4 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:10pm On Aug 10, 2013
On this thread I see those who because of beefs and hatred turn themselves into irrational, unlogical, unrealistic and illiterate commentators.

If you know being a pastor makes u rich, then go and start your church and stop hating.

Nuff Said!
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by kingston247: 10:10pm On Aug 10, 2013
Glorified_Tunde: Many of u are ignorant and simply ranting like disgruntled psychopaths. Wot is 11 million naira to Winners Chapel Ota? Chicken change generated by 1 single branch in common Ibadan in 1 single service. U come open your disgusting mouth against man of God who may not even know this general attends church.

O ma se o. Many of u here will soon start using hypertension drugs on anoda church issue. Mtcheeeew! Mi o raye!

U ve bn brain washed dat u don't even knw ur name anymore...pls find a way to get alittle of ur brain back...

2 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by question(m): 10:11pm On Aug 10, 2013
Abeg... make we hear word.

Na today?

Stolen money,
Bribe money,
Corruption money,
Blood money,
Hard earned legit money
They all end up in the offering basket/bag every church day all over Nigeria. No matter the christian denomination.

Does this mean that all the thiefing politicians caught red-handed should go to wherever they donated money and retrieve it back?
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Godsate: 10:12pm On Aug 10, 2013
thehomer:

If the Army officer is a thief, what does that make the church which received stolen funds? Banks whose business is dealing with money would ask questions but the church won't ask any questions. Why?

Do you know how he donate the money. You don't need truck a to carry 11 Million naira. Are you saying that the church should be tracing the source of every kobo that comes in ?
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by laytoshtwo: 10:12pm On Aug 10, 2013
The most dangerous thing is to call fake people the right one and the right one fake.I was in the church one day when the man of God was raining curses on those stealing goverment money and telling them not to bring tithe of stolen money to church cos it will bring greater judgement.My advice let watch our words so that we will nt be punished by God.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by true2talk(m): 10:16pm On Aug 10, 2013
now that the fake Pastor has given is blessing according to you and the thief pay the money either as offering or tithe. I now want you to swear if among the offering or tithe you have ever paid and that is if you have ever done, that their is no STOLEN MONEY among them either by forgery or otherwise. I leave the rest for you.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by justhelp(m): 10:16pm On Aug 10, 2013
kayoday: The tithe suppose be 15 million not 11million.
So he need to pay balance of #4m, oya collect the check and pot.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by zieraw2005(m): 10:17pm On Aug 10, 2013
Well its only God that can judge Tom dick and Harry. So everyone should pipe low while d drama unfolds
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by deeptesting(m): 10:20pm On Aug 10, 2013
Christianity has been brought to a ridiculous state especially by Nigerians who open churches for the wrong reasons and the followers who go to church for the wrong reasons and the God they worship has continued to look else where,feeling unconcerned...Well the Colonel donation is part of "How to worship the Nigerian God" by Elnathan John...
http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/opinion/how-worship-nigerian-god
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by tosene: 10:21pm On Aug 10, 2013
:oBut wait o! Did he say he gave an unknown lady 8million naira?
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Chidoks(f): 10:23pm On Aug 10, 2013
[quote
author=ojubi]That is covenant wealth according to OYEDEPO.
Imagine the kind of praise this thief would receive the day he paid this
money in church.
The fake pastor would have invoked all the fake blessings on earth to
the army thief in the name of giving to God as if God needs
money.[/quote]

if u knew oyedepo u would know he preaches financial integrity.besides when giving money in lfc there is no ceremony.papa may not even know he gave
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Originalsly: 10:25pm On Aug 10, 2013
I think the pastor knew the full details...the col paid N9 million first in trying to short change the church but the pastor rebuked him and said that's not enough tithes...it should be a tenth. I guess they came to a settlement and the col paid up the extra 2 million...maybe was more but the pastor hmmm...let me shut up before his people crucify me....for speaking the truth.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:26pm On Aug 10, 2013
wman: Seriously someone needs to enlighten us so we don't engage in blasphemy? How does Oyedepo get money to buy private jets and invest in other stuffs? Which charity is he involved in? If only his church members could clarify these we won't be making some assumptions. Kindly help us answer these.

See?! That's why I like ppl like you. Wouldn't mind if u can get a major insider to show u books.

But here is alittle I know...
He stopped earning any money from the Church since 1987 I think

He is a business man, a motivational speaker (invited by Presidents of countries around the world), he is a writer etc.

Many members feel they're are soo blessed and send prophet offerings...from about 50 nations around the world in diff currencies and u know what that means.

Many give houses, cars, probably some of the jet too (kenneth copeland can)
And most of these gifts if not all are sown back to members of the church.

He is never in-charge of any accounts (I know u won't believe).

Many more...

But note this, even the Pastor. Of a small assembly is financially buoyant. Why? Because that's God's way of paying them their salaries (no one saw how rough it was when the church started small). So as the members are blessed, they are naturally encouraged to bless their pastors back. Imagine your pastor prays for u and u hit a contract of a hundred million. Won't u bless him back.

I know many pastors steal, BUT NOT ALL!

And many on this thread should also know that no matter their accusations and beefs, an average winner won't stop giving. Why? Because we know that anytime we give, its for our own good, we see that God blesses us back in hundred folds!

7 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by AdekunleBalogun: 10:29pm On Aug 10, 2013
Glorified_Tunde: Many of u are ignorant and simply ranting like disgruntled psychopaths. Wot is 11 million naira to Winners Chapel Ota? Chicken change generated by 1 single branch in common Ibadan in 1 single service. U come open your disgusting mouth against man of God who may not even know this general attends church.

O ma se o. Many of u here will soon start using hypertension drugs on anoda church issue. Mtcheeeew! Mi o raye!

Can you hear urself, is this what christianity is all about? Making money, can you even differentiate btw right and wrong? I believe u can do better than this ur argument.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 10, 2013
Stella_Bella: Who builds universities half of their members cannot afford.?
Who collect offerings, tithes, church building offering etc . in every service?
Who flies private jets and live in fanciful homes?

The answer is CHURCH PASTORS.

What happened to building FREE schools/ hospitlals for members
What happened to opening 24 hour FREE food Bank for members
What happened to opening FREE shelters for homeless members.
What happened to creating/ finding jobs for unemployed members

Why must they TAKE, TAKE, TAKE and TAKE without GIVING BACK.

Until all these greedy pastors start living right and speaking the truth, our leaders will never learn.

most if these pastors attend missionary schools. Yet nobody wants to sacrifice for the next generation.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by ITbomb(m): 10:32pm On Aug 10, 2013
ezeuba: Prepare for Army investigators knocking on your door soon.
Let them come , my email is on my profile , they can use that to start tracking , if they need directions , let them drop a mail
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:32pm On Aug 10, 2013
Nashville:

Did you just say hundreds of thousands of people drop offering as heavy as that every Sunday? You must live in another planet. There is no country on this earth that has a church where hundreds of thousands of people drop 11 million naira. Do you know how much that is? Even if the church has a membership of over 1 million, all of them do not attend one service in one place.
This can be easily done. Any cheque over 5 million naira should not be cashed unless you verify the source. And you must have genuine explanation from the giver on how he made the money.

IGNORANCE! You simply don't know. When winners seats with their budget, "ITS LIKE SITTING FOR NATIONAL BUDGET"...."I Don't believe its just human offerings we have here anymore"...."Havard School of Business cannot explain the divine happenings in this Church" ... Words of the Bishop

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by mjames: 10:33pm On Aug 10, 2013
The simple solution is winner chalpel should start preaching holiness and less of prosperity.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by oliidell(m): 10:34pm On Aug 10, 2013
No time to read tru all the comments but I see quotes and counter quotes so can imagine what is going on.
In all fairness, I don't blame winners chapel. No one is forced to donate money. I don't attend winners, but I know a thing or two about how these churches operate. The General overseers do not have direct contact with worshippers in other branches. So it's wrong to blame Oyedepo.
Even though I'm of the opinion that pastors should not accept donations from people of questionable occupation, at times, it is difficult to prove. In this case, the man involved is a top military official and the church might not have known that he obtained money by foul means.
I'm not completely exonerating the pastor of that branch but the level of hypocrisy in dis country is annoying.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 10, 2013
Glorified_Tunde:

IGNORANCE! You simply don't know. When winners seats with their budget, "ITS LIKE SEATING FOR NATIONAL BUDGET"...."I Don't believe its human just offerings we have here anymore"...."Havard School of Business cannot explain the divine happenings in this Church" ... Words of the Bishop

I want to believe you are one of the people giving out 11 million naira every Sunday. Are you?
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by remzytimer: 10:35pm On Aug 10, 2013
It's even better he donated his own to the church ask our brothers from the north what they do with theirs....all they are planning for is how to kill and wage for war.... In a way dt man has tried and needed to be praise b'cos if not for churches just imagine how thing for be...:
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by aurenflani: 10:36pm On Aug 10, 2013
abdulaz: Givers never lack, takers always ask.

They always do Dan uwa! Wallahi they do!!!
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by HARDDON: 10:39pm On Aug 10, 2013
ojubi: That is covenant wealth according to OYEDEPO.
Imagine the kind of praise this thief would receive the day he paid this money in church.
The fake pastor would have invoked all the fake blessings on earth to the army thief in the name of giving to God as if God needs money.

may the good Lord have mercy on you.

judge not so that thou may not be judged.... da aint written in your bible obviously......

in life generally, if you aint talked about, you aint doing much....

haters gon hate
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by remzytimer: 10:42pm On Aug 10, 2013
People perish for lack of wisdom' l pray d Lord have mercy on you dt you may not perish for u speak out of wisdom and u speak ill of what u know not of...
mjames: The simple solution is winner chalpel should start preaching holiness and less of prosperity.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by cold(m): 10:42pm On Aug 10, 2013
Lol..Bishop Oyedepo,the man of Con & child molester extraordinaire strikes again. The gift that keeps on giving. With a sucker born every minute in Nigeria,these con men will continue to have a field day. Me i just dey observe sha
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Nistfrank(m): 10:42pm On Aug 10, 2013
give and it shall be given unto u,..steal and it shall be stolen unto u.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by aurenflani: 10:42pm On Aug 10, 2013
Godsate:

Do you know how he donate the money. You don't need truck a to carry 11 Million naira. Are you saying that the church should be tracing the source of every kobo that comes in ?

Yes!!! Or I you telling us that accountability is no longer one of the process by which God judges your intentions? Then definitely, you are lost!
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:43pm On Aug 10, 2013
AdekunleBalogun:

Can you hear urself, is this what christianity is all about? Making money, can you even differentiate btw right and wrong? I believe u can do better than this ur argument.

Is that wot my statement insinuates or just what u want to make yourself believe I said?
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by modash(m): 10:44pm On Aug 10, 2013
Maxymilliano:
Says Church gets N11m in two instalments

Popular pentecostal church with headquarters in Ota, Living Faith Church has been named as one of the beneficiaries of the N150 million over which Colonel Robert  Ahangba (N/9827) was convicted on Tuesday by an Army Court Martial for allegedly defrauding the government of Bayelsa State.

The Army officer was alleged to have used the name of the late National Security Adviser, General Andrew Owoye Azazi to swing the deal during the administration of former governor of Bayelsa, Timipre Sylva.

Speaking while delivering judgement on a four count charge prefered against the Colonel, President of the court martial, Brig.Gen. Edward Nze said that the officer donated N11 million to the church in two instalments of N9 million and N2 million.

Other beneficiaries of the Colonel’s largesse were two messengers in the Bayelsa State Government House who were allegedly given N500,000 each, an Army officer who he gave N5 million for welfare and an unknown lady who met him in a bank where he allegedly directed that she should be given N8 million.

Giving more insight on how the money was disbursed, General Edward Nze said
“The sum of N25,000,000 was traced to Account number: 0000775163 in Union Bank. The sum of N30,790,000 was traced to Account Number: 0000730707 in Union Bank and N29,500,000 traced to Account number 0001800406 also in Union Bank. In First Bank, the sum of N48,055,654 was traced to Account Number 2011252278 and in First Bank Registrars the sum of N13.5 million was also traced”.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/n150m-loot-army-panel-indicts-winners-chapel/
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by vitality22(m): 10:45pm On Aug 10, 2013
Tolexander: E be like say me self go open church!

Bros go on and open your church. Church is the most lucrative business today.

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Codims82(m): 10:45pm On Aug 10, 2013
u r a magot for using the name of a man of God for ridicule.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan / Why I Respect Buhari So Much – David Umahi / Man Enters Gutter To Celebrate Okorocha’s Defeat, Says “Imo Is Free”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.