Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) (7065 Views)

Nigeria Muslim Sulaimon Isah Won Top Prize At International Quranic Competition. / Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? / Does This Mean Islam Condone Paedophilia And Child Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 17, 2013
Hello all, i'm a Christian born and bred in the North, Sokoto to be precise... So i can safely say i know Muslims to a reasonable extent due to to my association with them from Childhood.
As a Christian i'm made to believe that Jesus is my Saviour and Son of God...Just as Muslims are meant to believe he is a Prophet.
My point is, if Muslims dont see Jesus as 'God' but a 'Prophet'...why do some of them still detest him?
In my High school back in Skt i once got into trouble that almost cost me my life... An Hausa boy; suleiman by name always teased me calling me 'Kafuri' which is a derogatory word meaning 'unbeliever'... He insulted Jesus constantly calling him 'A Renegade prophet' who hypnotised Christians into worshipping him, i endured his taunts for long until the day he used a word that took me completely off balance...he called Jesus a 'Ba*t**d'! I could no longer stomach it...in a fit of rage i equally attacked the Prophet Muhammad, not knowing what i just did... In a matter of minutes word had gone round the whole school that 'An infidel' insulted the Prophet Muhammad...An Angry mob quickly formed and they assured me that, that day would be my last....scared to my marrow... I reported the incident to my school principal( a yoruba man but was a moderate muslim) after hearing my part of the story and knowing i acted out of anger..he called the school to order and stated vehemently that he would expel any student that as much as winked @ me, that threat meant no students harmed but it also meant that most students detested me thereafter, although they didnt show it physically,i'd be a fool not to notice it in their body language...i still got week's suspension though so as to calm the schoo's tense atmosphere....
Anyway that was years ago... My point is...Does Islam condone desecration of prophets..Especially Jesus? Tnx in advance

2 Likes

Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by peteregwu(m): 10:52am On Aug 17, 2013
INNO18: Hello all, i'm a Christian born and bred in the North, Sokoto to be precise... So i can safely say i know Muslims to a reasonable extent due to to my association with them from Childhood.
As a Christian i'm made to believe that Jesus is my Saviour and Son of God...Just as Muslims are meant to believe he is a Prophet.
My point is, if Muslims dont see Jesus as 'God' but a 'Prophet'...why do some of them still detest him?
In my High school back in Skt i once got into trouble that almost cost me my life... An Hausa boy; suleiman by name always teased me calling me 'Kafuri' which is a derogatory word meaning 'unbeliever'... He insulted Jesus constantly calling him 'A Renegade prophet' who hypnotised Christians into worshipping him, i endured his taunts for long until the day he used a word that took me completely off balance...he called Jesus a 'Ba*t**d'! I could no longer stomach it...in a fit of rage i equally attacked the Prophet Muhammad, not knowing what i just did... In a matter of minutes word had gone round the whole school that 'An infidel' insulted the Prophet Muhammad...An Angry mob quickly formed and they assured me that, that day would be my last....scared to my marrow... I reported the incident to my school principal( a yoruba man but was a moderate muslim) after hearing my part of the story and knowing i acted out of anger..he called the school to order and stated vehemently that he would expel any student that as much as winked @ me, that threat meant no students harmed but it also meant that most students detested me thereafter, although they didnt show it physically,i'd be a fool not to notice it in their body language...i still got week's suspension though so as to calm the schoo's tense atmosphere....
Anyway that was years ago... My point is...Does Islam condone desecration of prophets..Especially Jesus? Tnx in advance

in fact, u supposed to hav giving thanksgiving in the church. because if you have done it in the boko era, they would fried you in a boiling oil. or they even use your head as a flag to warn others. but however, lets stay away from cursing or insulting anyone.
Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 17, 2013
peteregwu:

in fact, u supposed to hav giving thanksgiving in the church. because if you have done it in the boko era, they would fried you in a boiling oil. or they even use your head as a flag to warn others. but however, lets stay away from cursing or insulting anyone.
If not for my principal...i'd have been a decaying cardavar by now!
Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by golpen(m): 1:52pm On Aug 17, 2013
I think the OP requests Explanations rather than arguments, but I have a flat battery now. Fellow Brethren can please help, pending.
Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 17, 2013
Muslims should give me answers now... That's why i deliberately posted it in the Islam for Muslim section...so it can get to a wide range of Muslims...Does Islam Condone desecration of Any prophet, prophet Isah Inclusive?
Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by WHees(m): 3:57pm On Aug 17, 2013
INNO18:

[size=32pt]NO[/size]

Quran 2:136 ''Say: We believe in Allah and that which had been revealed to us, and that which was revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and that which was given to Moses and Jesus, and that which was given to the prophets from their Lord, we do not make any distinction between any of them, and to Him do we submit.''

Quran 2:285 ''The messenger believes in what has been revealed to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers; they all believe in God and His angels and His books and His messengers; they say We make no difference between any of His messengers; and they say: We hear and obey, our Lord! Thy forgiveness (do we crave), and to Thee is the eventual course

Quran 3:84 Say: "We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets, from their Lord:We make no distinction between one and another among them, and to God do we bow our will (in Islam)."

It goes on and on, numerous Quran verses convey the same theme which advocate us to revere and show obeisance to the prophets, and yes we do, you are a living witness to that seeing the fact that you were born and raised in Sokoto and only Suleiman talk ill of Jesus[a.s], and judging from the allegations he poses i can say the guy lacks proper Islamic upbringing. We have our shortcomings but what the verses above portrays is, a good Muslim will never slander any prophet/messenger in his conscious mind.

10 Likes

Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 17, 2013
^tnx alot...well noted
Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by WHees(m): 5:36pm On Aug 17, 2013
peteregwu: I DONT EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT THEIR RELIGION TAKE JESUS FOR. SOMEONE POSTED THAT JESUS IS SINLESS ACCORDING TO QURAN, IF IT IS WRITTEN IN THE QURAN THAT JESUS IS SINLESS, AND THEY ALSO REFER HIM AS A PROPHET, WHY THEN DO THEY COMPARE ANYONE THAT IS A SINNER TO HIM(JESUS). THIS IS JUST COMFUSION.

WELL, IT IS WHAT THEY LOVE TO BELIEVE, AND NO ONE WILL FORCE THEM NOT TO.

And your point is?? Does that answer the op? And whats wrong if the Quran address him as a righteous person?

The Quran talks beautifully about him and we are urged to take him as a paragon of virtue, we also reject the concocted statements that he never utter and the falsehood attributed to him in your book. Infact it was you the xtians who profane Jesus(a.s) and treat him as a stooge, the name of the link of the blog in your signature shows how your bible quoted him as a deliberate liar when it reports that he occasionally speak about an event which never came to pass. Try to know the stand of your strenght and weakness and stay within limits dude sarcasm wont help.

2 Likes

Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by deols(f): 5:48pm On Aug 18, 2013
The question is already answered but I just want to chip in that a Muslim who does not believe in prophet Isa has not completed his faith.

If we revere him to that extent, it is already obvious that a Muslim who speaks ill of him is an ignorant one.

I want to believe that the Suleiman was just a bully like any other that you'd find in a secondary school. He should never be a good example of Muslim.

3 Likes

Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by golpen(m): 11:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
deols: The question is already answered but I just want to chip in that a Muslim who does not believe in prophet Isa has not completed his faith.

If we revere him to that extent, it is already obvious that a Muslim who speaks ill of him is an ignorant one.

I want to believe that the Suleiman was just a bully like any other that you'd find in a secondary school. He should never be a good example of Muslim.

Suleiman might just have come to realise his past mistakes and have come to understand that bullying his fellow student/colleague regardless the religion or race, and insulting the high prophet Isah (A S) is not allowed in islam.

@OP, we're sorry on suleiman's behalf, and like the answer you have got, islam teaches that all prophets of ALLAH be loved and emulated. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 19, 2013
golpen:

Suleiman might just have come to realise his past mistakes and have come to understand that bullying his fellow student/colleague regardless the religion or race, and insulting the high prophet Isah (A S) is not allowed in islam.

@OP, we're sorry on suleiman's behalf, and like the answer you have got, islam teaches that all prophets of ALLAH be loved and emulated. Thanks.
Apology accepted.

1 Like

Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by Empiree: 5:09am On Aug 23, 2013
@OP, I am sure Muslims have so far responded very well to your concern. What else can I say. Well, let me just top it. I am glad you said this happened yrs.' ago. Mr Suleiman may have become a better and knowledgeable Muslim now. So it makes no sense speaking ill of him. Still I say on behalf of entire Muslim world, we apologize for what Mr Suleiman may have done to you in his teenage yrs. That said, It is impossible for a Muslim to hate Jesus (Allah's Peace and Blessing be upon him) after Quran made it clear his identity and status in Islam. @Op, perhaps you should give a thought about this verse of Quran.

Surah (Chapter 3 v 84) "Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "We believe in Allah and in what has been sent down to us, and what was sent down to Ibrahim (Abraham), Isma'il (Ishmael), Ishaq (Isaac), Ya'qub (Jacob) and Al-Asbat [the offspring of the twelve sons of Ya'qub (Jacob)] and what was given to Musa (Moses), 'Îsa (Jesus) and the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between one another among them and to Him (Allah) we have submitted (in Islam)."

You may also notice in the above verse that Quran say "...and the prophets from their Lord" which refer to many prophets mentioned in the Bible and Jewish Book. Muslims must believe them and respect them all. We just can not attribute unfounded stories with them. Hope my response help a little.
Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 23, 2013
The quran recognizes Jesus as the Messiah and by meaning, messiah is a saviour. Jesus according to deductive reasoning is more than a prophet, but trust Muslims, they will never accept that cry embarassed
Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 23, 2013
Empiree: @OP, I am sure Muslims have so far responded very well to your concern. What else can I say. Well, let me just top it. I am glad you said this happened yrs.' ago. Mr Suleiman may have become a better and knowledgeable Muslim now. So it makes no sense speaking ill of him. Still I say on behalf of entire Muslim world, we apologize for what Mr Suleiman may have done to you in his teenage yrs. That said, It is impossible for a Muslim to hate Jesus after Quran made it clear his identity and status in Islam. @Op, perhaps you should give a thought about this verse of Quran.

Surah (Chapter 2v84) "Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "We believe in Allah and in what has been sent down to us, and what was sent down to Ibrahim (Abraham), Isma'il (Ishmael), Ishaq (Isaac), Ya'qub (Jacob) and Al-Asbat [the offspring of the twelve sons of Ya'qub (Jacob)] and what was given to Musa (Moses), 'Îsa (Jesus) and the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between one another among them and to Him (Allah) we have submitted (in Islam)."

You may also notice in the above verse that Quran say "...and the prophets from their Lord" which refer to many prophets mentioned in the Bible and Jewish Book. Muslims must believe them and respect them all. We just can not attribute unfounded stories with them. Hope my response help a little.

Yes it did. Tnx alot
Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by riloxy(m): 6:12pm On Aug 23, 2013
toba: The quran recognizes Jesus as the Messiah and by meaning, messiah is a saviour. Jesus according to deductive reasoning is more than a prophet, but trust Muslims, they will never accept that cry embarassed
And by the same deductive reasoning, every prophet is a Messiah because God raised them to show their people the way to Him, thereby saving the people from the wrath of God. They all preached the oneness of God, not 1 in 3 or 3 in 1. And none is worthy of worship and praise except God. God has no son nor mother nor father nor relatives and every other associates whatsoever. Besides, Jesus never said in the Bible that "Worship me, I am God".

4 Likes

Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by tbaba1234: 6:36pm On Aug 23, 2013
toba: The quran recognizes Jesus as the Messiah and by meaning, messiah is a saviour. Jesus according to deductive reasoning is more than a prophet, but trust Muslims, they will never accept that cry embarassed

Actually, Messiah simply means annointed not saviour.

In hebrew, a person who is annointed is a king or a high priest. It is only in christian theology that this meaning has been twisted.

Read the jewish encyclopedia on what messiah actually means.

1 Like

Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by lanrexlan(m): 9:44pm On Aug 23, 2013
Fortunately,Messiah means anointed in the bible[1 Chronicles 16:22].Jesus was no more than a messenger.Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Al-Maidah 5:75- The Messiah [Isa (Jesus)],son of Maryam(Mary),was no more than a Messenger;many were the Messengers that passed away before him. His mother [Maryam (Mary)] was a Siddiqah [i.e. she believed in the words of Allah and His Books (see Verse 66:12)].They both used to eat food (as any other human being, while Allah does not eat).Look how We make the Ayat (proofs,evidences,verses, lessons,signs,revelations,etc.)clear to them, yet look how they are deluded away (from the truth)......Peace

3 Likes

Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by peteregwu(m): 8:24am On Aug 24, 2013
IF YOU ARE EXPECTING THE QURAN OR ANY OTHER BOOK TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH ABOUT JESUS THEN YOU WILL BE MAKING A VERY BIG MISTAKE. THEY WILL ALL LIE ABOUT JESUS. ONLY THE BIBLE WILL SPEAK THE TRUTH ABOUT JESUS AND WHO JESUS IS. THE REASON IS BECAUSE JESUS SPOKE ABOUT HIMSELF IN THE BIBLE AND OTHER PROPHETS IN THE BIBLE SPOKE ABOUT HIM TOO, RECOGNISING AS THE ONLY MESSIAH AND GOD. THE BIBLE SPOKE OF JESUS AS THE ONLY TRUE GOD AND NO ONE ELSE. NO PROPHET IN THE BIBLE CALLED HIMSELF AS THE MESSIAH, AND PROPHETS IN THE BIBLE ARE NEVER SEEN AS A MESSIAH, AND THEY NEVER REFER TO THEMSELVES AS MESSIAH, ONLY JESUS DID.

GOD HAS A NAME. THE NAME 'GOD' IS JUST A POSITION. JUST LIKE WE HAVE FATHER, MOTHER, PRESIDENT, GOVERNOR, SENATOR, DADDY, MUMMY, PASTOR, ETC THEY ALL ARE POSITIONS. BUT EVERY BEING HAS A NAME, EVEN THE ANGELS IN HEAVEN HAS A NME TO INDENTIFY THEM. JUST LIKE WE HAVE ANGEL GABRIEL, MICHAEL, RAFAEL ETC. THE SAME WAY MY OWN BIOLOGICAL FATHER AND MOTHER HAS A NAME. GOD ALSO HAS A NAME AND THAT NAME STANDS OUT IN HEAVEN, EARTH, BENEATH THE EARTH, THE SEAS AND OCEANS ETC AND THAT NAME IS JESUS!!!

WHEN THAT NAME IS MENTIONED, EVERY KNEE BOWS AND THEY TREMBLE IN HEAVEN, EARTH AND EVEN IN THE KINGDOM OF DARKNESS ETC. SATAN TREMBLES, DEMONS TREMBLE EVEN THE NATIVE DOCTORS (BABALAWO) HATE THAT NAME.

Philippians 2:10 KJV
"That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;"

Revelation 1:17-18 KJV
"And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: [18] I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

JESUS CREATED THE WORLD AND EVERYTHING IN IT SEEN AND UNSEEN.

John 1:3-4, 10 KJV
"All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. [4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men. [10] He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not."

LET ME JUST STOP HERE. BUT I HAVE SO MANY PROVE IN THE BIBLE THAT JESUS IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD AND SAVIOUR!

Please only in the Bible Jesus spoke for himself and not in quran or other books. Remember, a man can only speak of himself better than any other person.

7 Likes

Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by lanrexlan(m): 8:38am On Aug 24, 2013
peteregwu: IF YOU ARE EXPECTING THE QURAN OR ANY OTHER BOOK TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH ABOUT JESUS THEN YOU WILL BE MAKING A VERY BIG MISTAKE. THEY WILL ALL LIE ABOUT JESUS. ONLY THE BIBLE WILL SPEAK THE TRUTH ABOUT JESUS AND WHO JESUS IS. THE REASON IS BECAUSE JESUS SPOKE ABOUT HIMSELF IN THE BIBLE AND OTHER PROPHETS IN THE BIBLE SPOKE ABOUT HIM TOO, RECOGNISING AS THE ONLY MESSIAH AND GOD. THE BIBLE SPOKE OF JESUS AS THE ONLY TRUE GOD AND NO ONE ELSE.NO PROPHET IN THE BIBLE CALLED HIMSELF AS THE MESSIAH, AND PROPHETS IN THE BIBLE ARE NEVER SEEN AS A MESSIAH, AND THEY NEVER REFER TO THEMSELVES AS MESSIAH, ONLY JESUS DID.

GOD HAS A NAME. THE NAME 'GOD' IS JUST A POSITION.JUST LIKE WE HAVE FATHER, MOTHER, PRESIDENT, GOVERNOR, SENATOR, DADDY, MUMMY, PASTOR, ETC THEY ALL ARE POSITIONS. BUT EVERY BEING HAS A NAME, EVEN THE ANGELS IN HEAVEN HAS A NME TO INDENTIFY THEM. JUST LIKE WE HAVE ANGEL GABRIEL, MICHAEL, RAFAEL ETC. THE SAME WAY MY OWN BIOLOGICAL FATHER AND MOTHER HAS A NAME. GOD ALSO HAS A NAME AND THAT NAME STANDS OUT IN HEAVEN, EARTH, BENEATH THE EARTH, THE SEAS AND OCEANS ETC AND THAT NAME IS JESUS!!!

WHEN THAT NAME IS MENTIONED, EVERY KNEE BOWS AND THEY TREMBLE IN HEAVEN, EARTH AND EVEN IN THE KINGDOM OF DARKNESS ETC. SATAN TREMBLES, DEMONS TREMBLE EVEN THE NATIVE DOCTORS (BABALAWO) HATE THAT NAME.

Philippians 2:10 KJV
"That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;"

Revelation 1:17-18 KJV
"And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: [18] I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

JESUS CREATED THE WORLD AND EVERYTHING IN IT SEEN AND UNSEEN.

John 1:3-4, 10 KJV
"All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. [4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men. [10] He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not."

LET ME JUST STOP HERE. BUT I HAVE SO MANY PROVE IN THE BIBLE THAT JESUS IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD AND SAVIOUR!

Please only in the Bible Jesus spoke for himself and not in quran or other books. Remember, a man can only speak of himself better than any other person.
Point out a verse from the bible where Jesus said I AM GOD OR WHERE HE SAYS WORSHIP ME AND WHERE HE SAID I AM THE LORD AND SAVIOUR.His own statements.
Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by peteregwu(m): 8:57am On Aug 24, 2013
lanrexlan: Point out a verse from the bible where Jesus said I AM GOD OR WHERE HE SAYS WORSHIP ME AND WHERE HE SAID I AM THE LORD AND SAVIOUR.His own statements.

guy, I didn't post that above for you to believe. I did that for what i believe in. I don't need to give a reply to your question because, 1. you don't believe in Jesus as the only saviour. 2. you don't believe that Jesus died and resurrected from death the third day. 3. you don't believe in the bible as the truth. so what's the point of downloading it for you. you will keep arguing, so their is no point.

people like you can only believe through signs and wonders to prove what Jesus can do. so I live it to God for you. maybe at the appointed time when God will remember you, He will convert you or show u the reason to believe.
www.nairaland.com/1408168/delivered-intimate-addiction-occult-powers

1 Like

Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by lanrexlan(m): 9:05am On Aug 24, 2013
peteregwu:

guy, I didn't post that above for you to believe. I did that for what i believe in. I don't need to give a reply to your question because, 1. you don't believe in Jesus as the only saviour. 2. you don't believe that Jesus died and resurrected from death the third day. 3. you don't believe in the bible as the truth. so what's the point of downloading it for you. you will keep arguing, so their is no point.

people like you can only believe through signs and wonders to prove what Jesus can do. so I live it to God for you. maybe at the appointed time when God will remember you, He will convert you or show u the reason to believe.
www.nairaland.com/1408168/delivered-intimate-addiction-occult-powers
Then why posting it in the first instance? You ought to keep your beliefs to yourself if you can't defend it with proofs.
Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by peteregwu(m): 9:56pm On Aug 24, 2013
lanrexlan: Then why posting it in the first instance? You ought to keep your beliefs to yourself if you can't defend it with proofs.

John 4:48 KJV
Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

1 Like

Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by lanrexlan(m): 10:04pm On Aug 24, 2013
peteregwu:

John 4:48 KJV
Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.
I am asking for proofs and not signs.
1 Thessalonians 5:21 (KJV) -Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
So,give me your proofs.

1 Like

Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by Chukslar: 2:05pm On Aug 25, 2013
WHξξ∟s:

[size=32pt]NO[/size]

Quran 2:136 ''Say: We believe in Allah and that which had been revealed to us, and that which was revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and that which was given to Moses and Jesus, and that which was given to the prophets from their Lord, we do not make any distinction between any of them, and to Him do we submit.''

Quran 2:285 ''The messenger believes in what has been revealed to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers; they all believe in God and His angels and His books and His messengers; they say We make no difference between any of His messengers; and they say: We hear and obey, our Lord! Thy forgiveness (do we crave), and to Thee is the eventual course

Quran 3:84 Say: "We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets, from their Lord:We make no distinction between one and another among them, and to God do we bow our will (in Islam)."

It goes on and on, numerous Quran verses convey the same theme which advocate us to revere and show obeisance to the prophets, and yes we do, you are a living witness to that seeing the fact that you were born and raised in Sokoto and only Suleiman talk ill of Jesus[a.s], and judging from the allegations he poses i can say the guy lacks proper Islamic upbringing. We have our shortcomings but what the verses above portrays is, a good Muslim will never slander any prophet/messenger in his conscious mind.

My Brother just out of my Ignorance I ask this question

Does Islam encourage Muslims to kill any one who makes a joke or insults any of the Prophets (especially Muhammad) ?
Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by lanrexlan(m): 3:02pm On Aug 25, 2013
Chukslar:

Does Islam encourage Muslims to kill any one who makes a joke or insults any of the Prophets (especially Muhammad) ?
Not at all,the recompense of those that mocked the messengers(peace be upon them all)is with Allah(swt).Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Al-Anam 6:10- And indeed many messengers before you[O Muhammad(pbuh)] were mocked at,but their scoffers were surrounded by the very thing they used to mock at.....Peace

1 Like

Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by peteregwu(m): 11:12pm On Aug 25, 2013
lanrexlan: I am asking for proofs and not signs.
So,give me your proofs.

lanrexlan: I am asking for proofs and not signs.
So,give me your proofs.

well, because you seem to insist, let me just put this forward to you. because when it comes to Muslims, I don't like arguing with them about Jesus. we born again Christians are to preach Jesus as the only way to salvation and nor to argue with anyone.

Below verse, Philip, one of the desciples of Jesus asked Jesus to show them God (father), but Jesus replied him, if you see me, you have seen the father(God)

John 14:8-9 KJV
"Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. [9] Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then , Shew us the Father?"

Below again is the words of Jesus to believers.

John 5:23 KJV
"That all men should honour the Son(Jesus), even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son(Jesus) honoureth not the Father which hath sent him."

1 Like

Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by peteregwu(m): 11:16pm On Aug 25, 2013
Chukslar:

I think so, with thebkittle I read so far, this is what i got. read below;

Quran...Muhammad's Own Words:
Qur'an:9:88 "The Messenger and those
who believe with him, strive hard and
fight with their wealth and lives in
Allah's Cause."
Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the
disbelievers wherever you find them,
take them captive, harass them, lie in
wait and ambush them using every
stratagem of war."
Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in
Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain,
kill and are killed."
Qur'an:9:29 "Fight those who do not
believe until they all surrender, paying
the protective tax in submission."
Ishaq:325 "Muslims, fight in Allah's
Cause. Stand firm and you will
prosper. Help the Prophet, obey him,
give him your allegiance, and your
religion will be victorious."
Qur'an:8:39 "Fight them until all
opposition ends and all submit to
Allah."
Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there
is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-
Muslims]) and all submit to the
religion of Allah alone (in the whole
world)."

very scary and heartbreaking reading such verses.
Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by lanrexlan(m): 5:30am On Aug 26, 2013
peteregwu:

well, because you seem to insist, let me just put this forward to you. because when it comes to Muslims, I don't like arguing with them about Jesus. we born again Christians are to preach Jesus as the only way to salvation and nor to argue with anyone.
I am not arguing,I am asking for proofs.

Below verse, Philip, one of the desciples of Jesus asked Jesus to show them God (father), but Jesus replied him, if you see me, you have seen the father(God)

John 14:8-9 KJV
"Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. [9] Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then , Shew us the Father?"
But the same John also reports another thing.
John 5:37 (KJV) -And the Father himself,which hath sent me,hath borne witness of me.Ye have neither heard his voice at any time,nor seen his shape.

John 5:37 (NIV) -And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me.You have never heard his voice nor seen his form..
Which one is correct?

Below again is the words of Jesus to believers.

John 5:23 KJV
"That all men should honour the Son(Jesus), even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son(Jesus) honoureth not the Father which hath sent him."
Jesus was sent and that means he's not God.My question is that you should point out a verse from the bible where Jesus says I AM GOD OR WORSHIP ME.His own unequivocal statement.We read again
[color=#990000]John 17:3 (KJV) -And this is life eternal,that they might know thee the only true God,and Jesus Christ,whom thou hast sent
.This signifies that Jesus has a Lord greater than him,he was only a messenger sent.....Peace

1 Like

Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by peteregwu(m): 10:29am On Aug 26, 2013
lanrexlan: I am not arguing,I am asking for proofs.

But the same John also reports another thing.
John 5:37 (KJV) -And the Father himself,which hath sent me,hath borne witness of me.Ye have neither heard his voice at any time,nor seen his shape.

John 5:37 (NIV) -And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me.You have never heard his voice nor seen his form..
Which one is correct?

Jesus was sent and that means he's not God.My question is that you should point out a verse from the bible where Jesus says I AM GOD OR WORSHIP ME.His own unequivocal statement.We read again
[color=#990000]John 17:3 (KJV) -And this is life eternal,that they might know thee the only true God,and Jesus Christ,whom thou hast sent
.This signifies that Jesus has a Lord greater than him,he was only a messenger sent.....Peace

pls what i posted was Jesus words and not that ofJohn. u cant believe the bible for now or understand it, until d appointed time of the Lord comes. just like i said, argument is wat u want. in our church i hav many muslims giving testimonies of how d jesus saved them. u are here arguing. in d mosque do u hav any testimony? never, that alone is not possible, because you are not serving the true God.

Jesus is the father, this is a mystery that is hard for an uunbeliever to believe. that is why he told Philip. if you have seen me, then you have seen the father. John

10:30 KJV
I and my Father are one.

Jesus is also called the ALPHA AND OMEGA which means the beginning and the ending.

Revelation 1:8 KJV
"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

what is that to you?
Re: Does Islam Condone Or Encourage Desecration Of Jesus(prophet Isah) by lanrexlan(m): 10:53am On Aug 26, 2013
peteregwu:

pls what i posted was Jesus words and not that ofJohn. u cant believe the bible for now or understand it, until d appointed time of the Lord comes. just like i said, argument is wat u want. in our church i hav many muslims giving testimonies of how d jesus saved them. u are here arguing. in d mosque do u hav any testimony? never, that alone is not possible,because you are not serving the true God.
I am not here for argument,here to reason.Yes,you may have many muslims giving testimonies in your church.Christianity is flourishing in slums where poverty ridden and ignorant muslims are easily converted.You can visit any islamic organization near you like NACOMYO and you will be shocked with the number of revertees they have.

Jesus is the father,this is a mystery that is hard for an uunbeliever to believe. that is why he told Philip. if you have seen me, then you have seen the father.
You didn't answer my question,I also quoted where Jesus said nobody has ever seen the father[John 5:37]
John

10:30 KJV
I and my Father are one.

Jesus is also called the ALPHA AND OMEGA which means the beginning and the ending.

Revelation 1:8 KJV
"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

what is that to you?

Jesus also says in John 17:21-23 (NIV) -that all of them may be one,Father,just as you are in me and I am in you.May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me,that they may be one as we are one:
I in them and you in me.May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
The same one is used in both verses,if you agree that Jesus and the father are one being as used in John 10:30 then you must also agree that Jesus,his disciples and the father are one being as used in John 17:21-23......Peace

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

1444 Hijri New Year: Tracing The Roots Of The Islamic Calendar / Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam / Baby Naming In Islam And The Modern Society.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.