Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' (28195 Views)

Keshi To Drag NFF To FIFA Court / Osaze Warns Keshi To Watch His Back / Tom Saintfiet, A Belgian Is Super Eagles Tech Director For $20k Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Vansnickers: 4:05am On Aug 24, 2013
He should apologize. There is no excuse for Ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Nobody: 4:21am On Aug 24, 2013
No 1, no where, I repeat , no where is safe in Nigeria.
Even calabar!

So, I understand his fears.

No2. Keshi should apologize and serve a ban. Racism should not be tolerated in football. He should know better learn how to relax, take a deep breathe, choose better words for voicing out any concern to the public.

Learn how to be diplomatic Keshi, management training should teach you that. Even street footballers don't spew thrash. sad

2 Likes

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by irokobest(m): 4:51am On Aug 24, 2013
Chillisauce: No 1, no where, I repeat , no where is safe in Nigeria.
Even calabar!

So, I understand his fears.

No2. Keshi should apologize and serve a ban. Racism should not be tolerated in football. He should know better learn how to relax, take a deep breathe, choose better words for voicing out any concern to the public.

Learn how to be diplomatic Keshi, management training should teach you that. Even street footballers don't spew thrash. sad

I DOUBT IF U ARE I NIGERIA. U DONT HAVE THE IDEA OF THE NUMBER OF THESE WHITE DUDES IN THE COUNTRY FOR OIL BIZ. THEY ARE IN THOUSANDS.WHEN IT COMES TO OIL NIGERIA IS SAFE BUT IN FOOTBALL NIGERIA ISN'T. The malawian coach insulted Nigeria and nigerians and need to be told and keshi rose with ego and spoke forth and some persons are castigting him. mr keshi, i'm on your side

14 Likes

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Nobody: 4:54am On Aug 24, 2013
irokobest:

I DOUBT IF U ARE I NIGERIA. U DONT HAVE THE IDEA OF THE NUMBER OF THESE WHITE DUDES IN THE COUNTRY FOR OIL BIZ. THEY ARE IN THOUSANDS. The malawian coach insulted Nigeria and nigerians and need to be told and keshi rose with ego and spoke forth and some persons are castigting him. mr keshi, i'm on your side
I know Nigeria more than you, because there are white dudes you think Nigeria is safe undecided

Lets stop kidding ourselves..Nigeria is a jungle. Until u step out of Nigeria you see for yourself.

And if you don't see anything wrong with what Keshi did, then I give up. No need to argue with you.

Smh

4 Likes

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by rasputinn(m): 4:56am On Aug 24, 2013
I get worried anytime I watch Keshi talk about the need to use indigenous coaches,while that is a good idea,he has always harped on the need to give African coaching jobs to "black coaches" and not "white coaches".Doesn't Keshi know that there's a world of a difference between black and African,or white and European
If he had been using the term African coaches as against black coaches,as well as European coaches instead of white coaches,he wouldn't cross or be seen to cross the very sensitive racial line.
I like Keshi a lot,I respect his achievements both as a player(even from his NNB days) and a coach,but truth be told,Keshi is beginning t sound like a pseudo-racist and he needs to apologise to the Malawian coach,explain that he never meant coaches with white skin(as most coaches of African descent are white-skinned even)but European coaches given undue advantage for coaching jobs by African FAs,he also needs counseling before he gets seen globally as a racist.

He was employed to be the coach of the super eagles,let him mind that job.He has long made his opinion about European/African coaches disparity know a long time ago,he should take a chill pill and leave further advocacy to the human rights people.

Na small shiit dey spoil nyash

2 Likes

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by everyday: 4:56am On Aug 24, 2013
when did keshi become a racist?
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by 190theclown: 4:58am On Aug 24, 2013
who is keshi
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by naptu2: 5:00am On Aug 24, 2013
Gregzee: This is his tactics! Keshi should beware

Exactly! From the beginning the Malawian coach has relied on mind games. He knows that he can't win the match, so he's trying to rile people and use that to motivate his players and destabilise the Nigerian team. Keshi should have simply ignored him.

Unfortunately Keshi fell for it. I understand Keshi's comments. He believes that the Malawian coach was being racist and so he replied in like manner. But he was wrong. Fifa might sanction him, but that would only happen after the match.

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Nobody: 5:22am On Aug 24, 2013
The shoe is now on the other foot, he needs to apologise
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Anniettieufia(m): 5:35am On Aug 24, 2013
I think Mr Keshi should have been civil in his comments here.

That is not what the Nigerian govt sent him to do .

The coach addressed to FIFA was linked to NFF & the Govt,
so he should have left it for the two parties to do their work .

Keshi , i do not support you on this one.
See you on Sept 7th.
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Gorrbachev: 5:37am On Aug 24, 2013
Keshi should apologise and get his 2-3 match ban because if it was a white man that said go back to Africa, he would be nagged and frustrated till he resigns.

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Kairoseki77: 5:38am On Aug 24, 2013
Calling someone a white dude is not racism.

Throwing mayonnaise at white players, like they throw bananas at us, would be racist.

7 Likes

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Billygee2u: 5:40am On Aug 24, 2013
Ok,we heard you. What of us here in abroad that are called black monkeys?

2 Likes

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by mindvision: 5:43am On Aug 24, 2013
Coach keshi beware. Dont allow pride to distract you. You shouldnt have say such to a fellow coach.Too wild.
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Getsunga(m): 5:50am On Aug 24, 2013
Keshi y na! This is bad...
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by kamelonaire(m): 5:57am On Aug 24, 2013
keshi i dont think you need all this before you win a match, y did u insult him for the first place? My advice for you find him and beg him face too face
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Dbeliever(m): 6:01am On Aug 24, 2013
Mr. Keshi has actually crossed boundaries. This man need to cross examine his anger.
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by BB013(m): 6:01am On Aug 24, 2013
Why re guys beating urselves as to what keshi said..
Few days from now u gonna see a press releases from keshi denying that he never used such words on his fellow coach..
Mark my words
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by kabba7(m): 6:06am On Aug 24, 2013
Am not surpriced at Keshi's outburst remember WhaT Goodluck Jonathan said during the last election campaign of the yoruba race ?
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by 4peace(m): 6:14am On Aug 24, 2013
Chillisauce:
I know Nigeria more than you, because there are white dudes you think Nigeria is safe undecided

Lets stop kidding ourselves..Nigeria is a jungle. Until u step out of Nigeria you see for yourself.

And if you don't see anything wrong with what Keshi did, then I give up. No need to argue with you.

Smh

SMH for u too
i have been to many places around the world but no place like home.
what of afganistan and pakistan,why people still live their upon all bombing.
what keshi is unacceptable and he should be punish
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Virus777: 6:21am On Aug 24, 2013
Keshi has unwittingly gotten himself in some deep trouble. He may be underestimating the import of these obviously racist and derogatory utterances, but the repercussions will be catastrophic for him. I am sure FIFA will not take this lightly. After serving his ban and paying a fine he should learn to speak in a proper manner befitting a national team coach.
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by kittykatty: 6:22am On Aug 24, 2013
Your point exactly?

kabba7:
Am not surpriced at Keshi's outburst remember WhaT Goodluck Jonathan said during the last election campaign of the yoruba race ?
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by tpapi: 6:31am On Aug 24, 2013
I cant bliv all dos gutter words came out from keshi, i wonder who is supplyin d big boss wit some fresh weed

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by civilianism: 6:34am On Aug 24, 2013
Chillisauce:

Smh

I would also call u a racist for calling my dearest Nigeria a jungle. i know that keshi was a little harsh, but please tell us where is “out side Nigeria" that you term as safe. Nigeria may have security issues, but it is not perculia to Nigeria only. Security problem is a world problem, and trying to make it seem as a problem perculia to Nigeria is actually RACISM!!!!!!.

4 Likes

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Expensiveman: 6:38am On Aug 24, 2013
Why is the coach afriad he has a wife already from that country because if loses the match against which he will if malawi sack him he will sack his wife simple so that man is .........

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Anvaller: 6:38am On Aug 24, 2013
Keshi don fall my hand big time!!!

His action was very unprofessional and he didn't even think about it. He is fast building an A-class coach status for himself if he continues to achieve with the super eagles. But he has to think about the consequences of his action on his reputation. He should ask himself that after super eagles where would he go? Would he be looking for coaching job outside Africa when he has branded himself as a racist coach? May be has a limited ambition to not coach beyond Africa. He needs to think, at his age, experience and exposure, he should surely know better.

2 Likes

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by myOGAonTOP: 6:39am On Aug 24, 2013
The comment were not RACIST, they were RACIAL.
Racist is when you derogate about a colour, especially one which is not yours e.g a white dude calling ballotelli a 'frea..king neega' while racial is when an african american sees you on the streets of Lagos and hollers 'yo, sup ma nigga?'. Keshi simply called him what he is : 'a white man'. Its not derogatory. What a loser!

3 Likes

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by myOGAonTOP: 6:40am On Aug 24, 2013
Kairoseki77: Calling someone a white dude is not racism.

Throwing mayonnaise at white players, like they throw bananas at us, would be racist.

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Emmysteve(m): 6:41am On Aug 24, 2013
I am amazed by the number of comments condemning Steven Keshi, why not called the white dude to order for bringing flimsy excuses about not playing in Calabar?

The least fifa can do is to ban keshi (which is Malawian agenda ) even at that, i see no way malawi can escape from been eliminated from world cup race.
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by mauriemaxwell: 6:42am On Aug 24, 2013
No body should blame Keshi.That's befitting of the white monkey coach

2 Likes

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Emmysteve(m): 6:46am On Aug 24, 2013
myOGAonTOP: The comment were not RACIST, they were RACIAL.
Racist is when you derogate about a colour, especially one which is not yours e.g a white dude calling ballotelli a 'frea..king neega' while racial is when an african american sees you on the streets of Lagos and hollers 'yo, sup ma nigga?'. Keshi simply called him what he is : 'a white man'. Its not derogatory. What a loser!
The only sensible comment i have read so far.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Seun Ajetunmobi Is Dead! / Most Recent Picture of 74-year-old Muhammed Ali / NPFL: Fans Of Kano Pillars Destroy Team Bus Of Katsina United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.