Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' (28199 Views)

Keshi To Drag NFF To FIFA Court / Osaze Warns Keshi To Watch His Back / Tom Saintfiet, A Belgian Is Super Eagles Tech Director For $20k Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by kabba7(m): 8:33am On Aug 24, 2013
what part of Yoruba race is Stephen Okechukwu Keshi from. Ignorance is very expensive[
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Who said Okechukwu keshi is a yoruba fello U̶̲̥̅̊ don't seem to get the sinple message ie people talking B4 thinking .
Have been to Keshi village just after ASABA was actually shown houses said to be owned by the coach think the place is called Illah or something close to that !!
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by naijathings(m): 8:44am On Aug 24, 2013
[size=14pt]
Gregzee: This is his tactics! Keshi should beware
if this is TACTICS, then Keshi has been caught on the wrong side of the board.
The Malawian coach simply made a request and it is only human for a coach who is being
paid to do his job to make such a request for whatever reason he has.
That does not pave the way for Keshi to speak without caution.
FIFA spends thousands of dollars to print the RESPECT badge we see on the jersey of our players
now, let us see what they will do in this first class case of racism.
He should be made to write a hand-written letter of apology or verbal apology posted on you tube.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by TechyGuy: 8:57am On Aug 24, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

If Nigeria is so unsafe for him, he should go back to his country. Haba, is it by force. That white dude is crying that Naija is too unsafe for him to coach. If he is so security conscious, what is he still doing here?

The Malawian coach is absolutely wrong and mischievous for that matter but Keshi should not have condescend to the level of street urchins.
There are ways to speak sarcastically without being vulgar, hateful or racist.
Especially not in a foreign media and a representative of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Iykeponti(m): 8:58am On Aug 24, 2013
Phucking white dude!! Go back to Belgium angry

3 Likes

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by 0monnak0da: 8:58am On Aug 24, 2013
irokobest:

I DOUBT IF U ARE I NIGERIA. U DONT HAVE THE IDEA OF THE NUMBER OF THESE WHITE DUDES IN THE COUNTRY FOR OIL BIZ. THEY ARE IN THOUSANDS.WHEN IT COMES TO OIL NIGERIA IS SAFE BUT IN FOOTBALL NIGERIA ISN'T. The malawian coach insulted Nigeria and nigerians and need to be told and keshi rose with ego and spoke forth and some persons are castigting him. mr keshi, i'm on your side
Let us assume that you are right and the Malawian coach insulted Nigeria. What is the correct response to insult him back? That is the fundamental difference between adults and children in their thinking.They think ahead and consider cosequences,in short they "give a damn" which seems to be lacking in the Nigerian character.

If the Malawian coach broke any rule the correct responnse would be to complain. I do not think anyone would understand the explanation of a human biting a dog because it barked at him. Nigerians live in a society where actions do not have consequences and so people do not take responsibility for their actions. Even if he insulted Keshi's mother there are other ways to deal with that as an adult

The reality is Keshi has fallen for a psychological bait. He now approaches the game on the defensive and distracted by irrelevant issues. 1-0 to the Malawian coach
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Muscomide: 8:59am On Aug 24, 2013
Bunker: Tom is trying to do things here> to tarnish the image of Nigeria more but he should be careful cuz terrorist are hearing him cuz he might just get what his afraid of.

In which case, the point the Malawi coach is making about Nigeria would have been proven.
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by ayobase(m): 8:59am On Aug 24, 2013
Afam4eva: While i think Malawi are grasping at straws, i also think Keshi's comment was racist.

Racist as how?
Yes, he might have gone extreme by tagging him "mad"

He is a white man as Keshi pointed out, or do u want Keshi to call him a black man. I'm sure that one will lead to "he calls me monkey"

The man is just playing to gallery ni jare!

The man condemned himself, not Keshi....and what's there in being white.

Hasn't Keshi mingled and played with, for and against them in the time past.

He should charge him for another adjective, but white!

2 Likes

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Iykeponti(m): 9:01am On Aug 24, 2013
sweetponmo: Keshi, you are a clandestine racist. Please apologize to the Malawi coach... You would not want the world to further compound the problems of Nigerians by labelling us racists.
hold ya tongue man!
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by LibertyRep: 9:02am On Aug 24, 2013
Recently when a sales girl refused to show a bag to Oprah, you all shouted racism. I'm sure if a WHITE man has said such a thing to BLACK man, ye all will be on ds platform screaming racism. I think there should be no double standard, Keshi went too far if he indeed uttered those words.

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Samunique(m): 9:02am On Aug 24, 2013
I think d man "saint-leave" or what is he called? Is just a bitter loser, if Nigeria is not safe, why was he willing to become Nigeria's Technical adviser? If he had gotten the job by now Nigeria would av been the safest place on earth. Well, i won't blame him, if d eagles had won their last match againt Namibia by now we would av qualified and this match will be a formality. As 4 Keshi, "he shld learn how not to answer a fool acording to his foolishness", bcs Saintfiet just voluntarily picked up Malawi's job to express his anger 4 a lost job in Nigeria. We better watch out for this bitter man!

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by 0monnak0da: 9:03am On Aug 24, 2013
ayobase:

Racist as how?
Yes, he might have gone extreme by tagging him "mad"

He is a white man as Keshi pointed out, or do u want Keshi to call him a black man. I'm sure that one will lead to "he calls me monkey"

The man is just playing to gallery ni jare!

The man condemned himself, not Keshi....and what's there in being white.

Hasn't Keshi mingled and played with, for and against them in the time past.

He should charge him for another adjective, but white!
Please if you have nothing to say be quiet. Unless Keshi was caught on tape I expect him to deny those comments. To question if those comments are racist is funny. BTW what do you mean by "as how"? That is a terrible solecism
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Iykeponti(m): 9:03am On Aug 24, 2013
collynzo2: Keshi was only being patriotic, up Keshi!
grin grin
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Samunique(m): 9:03am On Aug 24, 2013
I think d man "saint-leave" or what is he called? Is just a bitter loser, if Nigeria is not safe, why was he willing to become Nigeria's Technical adviser? If he had gotten the job by now Nigeria would av been the safest place on earth. Well, i won't blame him, if d eagles had won their last match againt Namibia by now we would av qualified and this match will be a formality. As 4 Keshi, he shld learn how not to answer a fool acording to his foolishness, bcs Saintfiet just voluntarily picked up Malawi's job to express his anger 4 a lost job in Nigeria. We better watch out for this bitter man!
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by niceface(m): 9:06am On Aug 24, 2013
Hw does that affect my credit, I beg pass make I pass
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Donmichaelz(m): 9:12am On Aug 24, 2013
Afam4eva: While i think Malawi are grasping at straws, i also think Keshi's comment was racist.
you ban me for politics section wen I didn't do anytin if I catch you ehn,,,no vex abeg Un-Ban me jawe

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by redsun(m): 9:17am On Aug 24, 2013
More like what family kayode will say. A man in his position shouldn't talk carelessly like that.
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by collynzo2(m): 9:21am On Aug 24, 2013
McLuhan: Keshi's comment's, if confirmed, are unacceptable. The Malawi FA and coach expressed fears about the safety of the match venue, which is quite reasonable in the context of football politics and is perfectly understandable given the challenges of terrorism that our nation faces. Irrespective of the fact that Calabar is remote from the epicentre of Boko Haram's attacks and that it has a recent history of successfully hosting international matches, anyone in the shoes of the Malawians would have raised the same fears for whatever it is worth. Part of what makes a good national coach is knowledge of the rhetorical etiquette of global football. Keshi may have won the AFCON, but he stills speaks and acts rather uncouthly. For that reason, some prospective future employers might consider him a risk factor. In the immediate future, however, he may have to contend with the small matter of a FIFA match ban. Quite regrettable, if you ask me.
Plenty grammar, senseless post. Even Iraq was hosting football games when it was at war, Egypt still host games, Israel does. What the Malawian coach is saying, have no place in football.

5 Likes

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by EatmyShorts: 9:28am On Aug 24, 2013
myOGAonTOP: The comment were not RACIST, they were RACIAL.
Racist is when you derogate about a colour, especially one which is not yours e.g a white dude calling ballotelli a 'frea..king neega' while racial is when an african american sees you on the streets of Lagos and hollers 'yo, sup ma nigga?'. Keshi simply called him what he is : 'a white man'. Its not derogatory. What a loser!

Look at this ignoramus. Why did you leave out part of his statement? Keshi told him to go back to Belgium, that's racist. If a white man tells you to leave his country and go back to Africa won't you call him racist? Fool!
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by sylve11: 9:28am On Aug 24, 2013
LibertyRep: Recently when a sales girl refused to show a bag to Oprah, you all shouted racism. I'm sure if a WHITE man has said such a thing to BLACK man, ye all will be on ds platform screaming racism. I think there should be no double standard, Keshi went too far if he indeed uttered those words.

nothing left for me to say. 10 likes. bt i think keshi wil deny it. cool
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Killingp: 9:29am On Aug 24, 2013
Make una leave keshi joor!!! Mr tom is trying to justify his prospective loss by writing to fifa. He is looking for an excuse not to be sack afta 9jas lynching on 7th of next month... Him neva bath!!! Mchteeeeew.
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by collynzo2(m): 9:31am On Aug 24, 2013
0monnak0da: Let us assume that you are right and the Malawian coach insulted Nigeria. What is the correct response to insult him back? That is the fundamental difference between adults and children in their thinking.They think ahead and consider cosequences,in short they "give a damn" which seems to be lacking in the Nigerian character.

If the Malawian coach broke any rule the correct responnse would be to complain. I do not think anyone would understand the explanation of a human biting a dog because it barked at him. Nigerians live in a society where actions do not have consequences and so people do not take responsibility for their actions. Even if he insulted Keshi's mother there are other ways to deal with that as an adult

The reality is Keshi has fallen for a psychological bait. He now approaches the game on the defensive and distracted by irrelevant issues. 1-0 to the Malawian coach
Keshi has the right to react however he wants, he's not distracted in anyway. We'll beat Malawi, Saintfiet is only trying to create a rivalry where there is none. Keshi gave him the reply he never expected. Saintfiet is the one crying and going to report to FIFA so Keshi 3 Saintfiet 0.

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by ballabriggs: 9:32am On Aug 24, 2013
Keshi comes across as ridiculously stupid, ignorant and classless with that statement and FIFA should come really hard on him.

The man had submitted that the venue of the game is unsafe. He has made this submission based on an official verifiable evidence. What Keshi, the he-goats at NFF should have simply done is to provide evidence that this is not true and ou try to convince them. Even if we know he is simply playing the mind game, we try to play along with them and not fall for their bait.

See how Keshi appears ridiculously stupid with his statement. Just like the trolls here, he thinks it is an insult to doubt the safety of the venue based on an official document.

3 Likes

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by EatmyShorts: 9:33am On Aug 24, 2013
Nonybb: Keshi was right. Let the white dude go back to his white world and leave us africans alone. Go to ukraine, go to russia and see where the word "monkeys" are flying around like greeting yet no white is brought to book there. The Problem with africans is that we have inferiority complex while a white man has the superiority complex and until we show them that we are equally of a superior race then the problem of equality or less inferiority persist. Am proud that an african man is seen to be BETTER, we should be
living in a Black man world not the other way round

You can't fight hate with hate. You can't fight ignorance with ignorance. You sound just like the racist. You also sound quite ignorant and devoid of Logic.

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Muscomide: 9:34am On Aug 24, 2013
I am certain that majority of Keshi's critics are Nigerians in disapora, mostly In Europe and America. There is a certain awareness of norms of behaviour and tact which comes from living in the West. Untravelled NIgerians are unlikely to see anything wrong in Keshi's behaviour and words. I guess the folks in Nigeria defending Keshi's utterances have not actually bothered to listen to the audio and video recording of the interview due to the phone charges that will be incurred. Our country would be transformed for the better if more of our people are exposed to the norms of behaviour, the restraint and tact that obtains in most advanced societies. Keshi needs to engage his brain before opening his mouth or risk bringing ridicule not only on himself and his position, but on Nigeria as a whole. Enough of this mediocrity in our national life.

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by collynzo2(m): 9:35am On Aug 24, 2013
0monnak0da:
Please if you have nothing to say be quiet. Unless Keshi was caught on tape I expect him to deny those comments. To question if those comments are racist is funny. BTW what do you mean by "as how"? That is a terrible solecism
The TV presenters interviewed him on phone, the youtube link is on this thread. He can't deny his voice and I support everthing he said. I've read the news on some Malawian sites and they agreed that Saintfiet is white and he should go back to Belgium after losing to Nigeria.
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Dantedasz(m): 9:35am On Aug 24, 2013
Tom Saintfeit knows his team can not match Nigeria man for man,hence the mind games. He has suceeded in continually transtering the pressure to Keshi.
Keshi has been falling for his tricks and this response is actually racist in nature.
Saintfeit appears to still have tricks up his sleeve including getting that match abandoned by instigating the crowd at the stadium to riot in order to prove Calabar is not safe.
Nigeria must be careful and not fall for his antics.
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by 0monnak0da: 9:36am On Aug 24, 2013
collynzo2: Keshi has the right to react howe er he wants, he's not distracted in anyway. We'l beat Malawi, Saintfiet is only trying to create a rivalry where there is none. Keshi gave him the reply he never expected. Saintfiet is the one crying and going to report to FIFA so Keshi 3 Saintfiet 0.
No he does not if he breaks the FIFA racism rules he will be sanctioned. Nigerians do not understand rules but they will pay the price. I remember our funny GEJ and his petulant reaction after the World Cup. Did he not fall in line in the end. This is not Lagos or Abuja where anything goes. I expect Keshi to deny those remarks or apologize do not be deceived
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Dawinlove(m): 9:39am On Aug 24, 2013
keshi..you are the best,strong,brave,smartest nd the real black man..the zambians should always respect thereselfs,they knew nigeria wil win so they planed zambians charms to defeat,but keshi came he understands nd said Calabar strong nd we have women lyk men that can chop out wahala,he then comented dat zambian coach u a fool,ur zambian ghost nd your honey moon should nt fool u..find an old white fool lyk u nd let Africa be.
Apkos:did he just marry
kEshi:yes
Apkos:BUT I PITY THE WIFE O
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by collynzo2(m): 9:40am On Aug 24, 2013
ballabriggs: Keshi comes across as ridiculously stupid, ignorant and classless with that statement and FIFA should come really hard on him.

The man had submitted that the venue of the game is unsafe. He has made this submission based on an official verifiable evidence. What Keshi, the he-goats at NFF should have simply done is to provide evidence that this is not true and ou try to convince them. Even if we know he is simply playing the mind game, we try to play along with them and not fall for their bait.

See how Keshi appears ridiculously stupid with his statement. Just like the trolls here, he thinks it is an insult to doubt the safety of the venue based on an official document.
Another absolute trash! What is official about that document? It's just the OPINION of a British organisation. For the records Calabar is safer than London, a bomb has never gone off in Calabar, neither has a soldier been beheaded. Such useless documents have never been used in football.

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by pendusky(m): 9:42am On Aug 24, 2013
Redoil: afam please unban me in politics section
dont worry i will ban him on FP! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Most Recent Picture of 74-year-old Muhammed Ali / NPFL: Fans Of Kano Pillars Destroy Team Bus Of Katsina United / IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.