Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' (28193 Views)

Keshi To Drag NFF To FIFA Court / Osaze Warns Keshi To Watch His Back / Tom Saintfiet, A Belgian Is Super Eagles Tech Director For $20k Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Arsenate(m): 7:31am On Aug 24, 2013
UP KESHI
We are behind you, boss. Come rain come sunshine.

3 Likes

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Provie(m): 7:32am On Aug 24, 2013
FIFA can only ban/fine Keshi if FIFA itself is racist. We may rightly condemn Keshi's coment for being VULGAR bt certainly not RACIST. Keshi may hav dsapointed us because we never xpected him to decend so low, havin establishd hmself as a man of character. Saintfiet is sinking & wants 2 sink wit everyone including Nigeria as a country.

Rmember, Osaze was hated & religated but not banned. Banning is a technical issue, & not an emotional one; otherwise, Saintfiet wuld have stampeeded evryone (including FIFA)!
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by systemz(m): 7:35am On Aug 24, 2013
collynzo2: Keshi was only being patriotic, up Keshi!
What a stupid patriotism!!! What is bad is bad. Keshi's comments are completely racist. He should learn to tame his expressions else he kills his fame and carrier. Pride goes...(It's a cliche but it still holds)

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by iamdsam: 7:35am On Aug 24, 2013
The words are really racist words but I don't think Keshi really meant it. We Nigerians here use words like that most times too. As for the venue, I don't know why the white Malawan coach thinks so. Has he ever toured Calabar before? Truth be said, Calabar is one of the safest places in Nigeria. This white coach is just trying to label Nigeria a bad name and most of you guys here are supporting him. If I was in Keshi's shoe, I would have said the same but that doesn't mean am racist but it's just the Nigerian way of responding to people sometimes. Like if you agree with my comment
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by noobsaibot2(m): 7:35am On Aug 24, 2013
CRAZY DEY WORRY SANDTFELT... ABI HIM GET A CALABAR GIRL HIN DUMP? WHY HIM DEY FEAR TO GO PLAY DIA?

BADTSKART!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Nonybb: 7:39am On Aug 24, 2013
justwise: If this is true then Keshi should be ashamed of himself for using such language.
Keshi was right. Let the white dude go back to his white world and leave us africans alone. Go to ukraine, go to russia and see where the word "monkeys" are flying around like greeting yet no white is brought to book there. The Problem with africans is that we have inferiority complex while a white man has the superiority complex and until we show them that we are equally of a superior race then the problem of equality or less inferiority persist. Am proud that an african man is seen to be BETTER, we should be living in a Black man world not the other way round

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by goldfish80(m): 7:42am On Aug 24, 2013
Tommy Santfit(hope I got the speeling right) is playing mind games, but he should know this could work both ways as he could fireup the opposition (super eagles).

As for Keshi's outburst,I think it had better come from Daniel Amokachi or other assistant and not the boss himself.Someone needed to tell that white neega off and insult him very well, Keshi should have let this for his assistants imho.

calabar being unsafe? I did a quick search and discorved that the last time a bomb went off in Calabar was durring the biafran war.
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Whiskeyboiler: 7:47am On Aug 24, 2013
collynzo2: Keshi was only being patriotic, up Keshi!
patriotic by calling a fellow coach mad! Though the Malawian coach was wrong in his assessment of calabar, Keshi should have proved him wrong in a more civilized way. Our coach needs to apologise immediately.
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by adtiezy1(m): 7:49am On Aug 24, 2013
Actually ah have notin to say cus if i shud den mine is gonna be worst...d nigga get luck say shekau don die if not....im for see wetin make chicken no dey mess..foolish white ape
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by collynzo2(m): 7:53am On Aug 24, 2013
Whiskeyboiler: patriotic by calling a fellow coach mad! Though the Malawian coach was wrong in his assessment of calabar, Keshi should have proved him wrong in a more civilized way. Our coach needs to apologise immediately.
Has the coach apologised for calling Nigeria unsafe? Remember he once suggested the match should be played on a neutral ground.

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:53am On Aug 24, 2013
irokobest:

I DOUBT IF U ARE I NIGERIA. U DONT HAVE THE IDEA OF THE NUMBER OF THESE WHITE DUDES IN THE COUNTRY FOR OIL BIZ. THEY ARE IN THOUSANDS.WHEN IT COMES TO OIL NIGERIA IS SAFE BUT IN FOOTBALL NIGERIA ISN'T. The malawian coach insulted Nigeria and nigerians and need to be told and keshi rose with ego and spoke forth and some persons are castigting him. mr keshi, i'm on your side

Keshi has made me proud. That crazy white dude is just insulting us left and right. Who does he think he is. If he thinks Keshi's remarks are racist, what will we call his condescending remarks?

2 Likes

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by collynzo2(m): 7:53am On Aug 24, 2013
adtiezy1: Actually ah have notin to say cus if i shud den mine is gonna be worst...d nigga get luck say shekau don die if not....im for see wetin make chicken no dey mess..foolish white ape
You don see Shekau dead body?
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by eazzzy1(m): 7:53am On Aug 24, 2013

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by TechyGuy: 7:57am On Aug 24, 2013
It's a sad truth, but visit the politics section and see how Keshi is just like most Nigerians.

"Lagos is not for everyone, go back to your village" etc. etc. etc.

Keshi should apologize for using such uncouth, racist and hate speech.

The Malawi coach is wrong and mischievous nonetheless.

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by ceejay80s(m): 7:58am On Aug 24, 2013
inside oyibo and african, who be rasist pass?
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:59am On Aug 24, 2013
eazzzy1:

Ode, isn't it known of a certain people to always curse out at anyone? The malawian coach was just stating the obvious,calabar as been tagged as a no go zone by the uk cos of security reasons,are thr not other stadiums to play in Nigeria that's not included in the high risk states? Then keshi Started
Calling him mad,crazy and since he's not african he has no say about what goes on in africa!.

Keshi is just as foolish as anyone who sees his stupidity as patriotism

Which bomb has blown at Calabar? Is it not his peers that are at Calabar flexing during the festive seasons?

This white dude is too insulting and I am glad Keshi can't take it.

Is it not in London some dudes chopped off a man's head walking on the street?

In Yankee some boys just gunned down an Australian jugging. Yet those regions are not unsafe.

2 Likes

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:02am On Aug 24, 2013
TechyGuy: It's a sad truth, but visit the politics section and see how Keshi is just like most Nigerians.

"Lagos is not for everyone, go back to your village" etc. etc. etc.

Keshi should apologize for using such uncouth, racist and hate speech.

The Malawi coach is wrong and mischievous nonetheless.

If Nigeria is so unsafe for him, he should go back to his country. Haba, is it by force. That white dude is crying that Naija is too unsafe for him to coach. If he is so security conscious, what is he still doing here?
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Freiburger(m): 8:05am On Aug 24, 2013
ceejay80s: inside oyibo and african, who be rasist pass?
Question.
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by SNOWWHITE240(m): 8:06am On Aug 24, 2013
keshi statement is racist and rude but calabar is d safest in nigeria abi d malawian coach wan go kano or maiduguri
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:07am On Aug 24, 2013
Coach Keshi has made his points clear. Any coach coaching a European nation is always a coach with pedigree. Like Deschamps, Van Gaal, Del Bosque, Trapatoni, Loew etc. When it comes to African nations, a lot of times, the coaches are unknown with no footballing history.

Coach Keshi is against the syndrome of hiring unskilled craftmen as expertraites because they are white dudes.
rasputinn: I get worried anytime I watch Keshi talk about the need to use indigenous coaches,while that is a good idea,he has always harped on the need to give African coaching jobs to "black coaches" and not "white coaches".Doesn't Keshi know that there's a world of a difference between black and African,or white and European
If he had been using the term African coaches as against black coaches,as well as European coaches instead of white coaches,he wouldn't cross or be seen to cross the very sensitive racial line.
I like Keshi a lot,I respect his achievements both as a player(even from his NNB days) and a coach,but truth be told,Keshi is beginning t sound like a pseudo-racist and he needs to apologise to the Malawian coach,explain that he never meant coaches with white skin(as most coaches of African descent are white-skinned even)but European coaches given undue advantage for coaching jobs by African FAs,he also needs counseling before he gets seen globally as a racist.

He was employed to be the coach of the super eagles,let him mind that job.He has long made his opinion about European/African coaches disparity know a long time ago,he should take a chill pill and leave further advocacy to the human rights people.

Na small shiit dey spoil nyash

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by dealslip(f): 8:08am On Aug 24, 2013
kabba7:
Am not surpriced at Keshi's outburst remember WhaT Goodluck Jonathan said during the last election campaign of the yoruba race ?
what part of Yoruba race is Stephen Okechukwu Keshi from. Ignorance is very expensive
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:08am On Aug 24, 2013
SNOWWHITE240: keshi statement is racist and rude but calabar is d safest in nigeria abi d malawian coach wan go kano or maiduguri

And that crazy white dude is racist for labeling a safe region unsafe because it is in Nigeria. Maybe we should take the second leg to Belgium.

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by oyeleyemaureen(m): 8:10am On Aug 24, 2013
this 'white dude' shld just shush. all these tactics of his makin sure that nigeria wont get a good result against his side nxt mtn wont work. arrant nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by oonwuali(m): 8:20am On Aug 24, 2013
I hope Keshi realises the consequences of his reaction and apologises to that young man before it's too late. His response was completely unprofessional . May be some1 may have to play the track again for him to listen to.

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Lilknight(m): 8:20am On Aug 24, 2013
Nawa oooo
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 24, 2013
pls NFF should pity dis man and shift dis match to borno or maidugiri na. maybe they re safe dan calaber.

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by McLuhan(m): 8:26am On Aug 24, 2013
Keshi's comment's, if confirmed, are unacceptable. The Malawi FA and coach expressed fears about the safety of the match venue, which is quite reasonable in the context of football politics and is perfectly understandable given the challenges of terrorism that our nation faces. Irrespective of the fact that Calabar is remote from the epicentre of Boko Haram's attacks and that it has a recent history of successfully hosting international matches, anyone in the shoes of the Malawians would have raised the same fears for whatever it is worth. Part of what makes a good national coach is knowledge of the rhetorical etiquette of global football. Keshi may have won the AFCON, but he stills speaks and acts rather uncouthly. For that reason, some prospective future employers might consider him a risk factor. In the immediate future, however, he may have to contend with the small matter of a FIFA match ban. Quite regrettable, if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by striker9(m): 8:27am On Aug 24, 2013
Emmysteve: The only sensible comment i have read so far.
yo very correct!
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by titsqueez(m): 8:28am On Aug 24, 2013
Where would he rather have the match played, Maiduguri?
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by striker9(m): 8:32am On Aug 24, 2013
Keshi's words were harsh,but I'm with him on this one.The white dude needed a feedback.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Seun Ajetunmobi Is Dead! / Most Recent Picture of 74-year-old Muhammed Ali / NPFL: Fans Of Kano Pillars Destroy Team Bus Of Katsina United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.