Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' (28197 Views)

Keshi To Drag NFF To FIFA Court / Osaze Warns Keshi To Watch His Back / Tom Saintfiet, A Belgian Is Super Eagles Tech Director For $20k Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by collynzo2(m): 9:43am On Aug 24, 2013
0monnak0da: No he does not if he breaks the FIFA racism rules he will be sanctioned. Nigerians do not understand rules but they will pay the price. I remember our funny GEJ and his petulant reaction after the World Cup. Did he not fall in line in the end. This is not Lagos or Abuja where anything goes. I expect Keshi to deny those remarks or apologize do not be deceived
You are the one who doesn't understand rules, FIFA doesn't mix politics with football and that's what Saintfiet was trying to do. You said the man is winning but if 2 people are involved in a fight, the one who cries and goes to report is the loser. Keshi 3 Saintfiet 0

2 Likes

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by ballabriggs: 9:45am On Aug 24, 2013
collynzo2: Another absolute trash! What is official about that document? It's just the OPINION of a British organisation. For the records Calabar is safer than London, a bomb has never gone off in Calabar, neither has a soldier been beheaded. Such useless documents have never been used in football.

If you and Keshi had any atom of common sense, you will know those travel advisories are official documents from credible diplomatic organisations and there is course to worry. What Keshi and the NFF should have simply done is to provide evidence to the contrary, it is common sense, an official and polite way of responding to such issues.

However, Keshi has shown how classless and ignorant he is as he has responded like a nairaland troll without common sense. He is not a nairaland troll. He is a leader, the manager of Nigeria's national team and it demands more responsibility and caution when he speaks or writes.

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Ikenna94: 9:46am On Aug 24, 2013
as for me what keshi said is not racist.we all knw sainteit has no coaching pedigree .not even in belgium wil he be given a high school coachin job.infact he shud watch out for d disgrace we wil give dem in calabar

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by 0monnak0da: 9:46am On Aug 24, 2013
collynzo2: The TV presenters interviewed him on phone, the youtube link is on this thread. He can't deny his voice and I support everthing he said. I've read the news on some Malawian sites and they agreed that Saintfiet is white and he should go back to Belgium after losing to Nigeria.
It really is irrelevant whether you and your entire village support what he said. It is for FIFA to determine whether the remarks break their rules and to take appropriate action.FIFA does not operate like Nairaland or Nigeria.They have rules written in black and white and if a rule is broken sanctions follow. Simples

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Ikenna94: 9:49am On Aug 24, 2013
d point keshi is tryin to make is dat african teams shud stop givin jobs to roadside foreign coaches

2 Likes

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by ladel(m): 9:51am On Aug 24, 2013
too much of a lousy talk from keshi. i naturaly wil fear for my safety if for instance my team hav a match in afganistan or iraq wher bomb explosion is common. nothing is wrong with me expressing my fear but to say i am mad or to go to hell for doing that is totaly uncalled for.
i thought ds team used to hav a media officer. kechi should apologise befor ds becom an embarasment to us all

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by 0monnak0da: 9:52am On Aug 24, 2013
collynzo2: You are the one who doesn't understand rules, FIFA doesn't mix politics with football and that's what Saintfiet was trying to do. You said the man is winning but if 2 people are involved in a fight, the one who cries and goes to report is the loser. Keshi 3 Saintfiet 0

"The one who cries and goes to report is the loser" OK
He says he will report Keshi to FIFA so let us wait for that.
The only relevant fight here is the football game. That is what Nigerians are interested in.The Malawi coach knows his hand on the field is weak and so he is opening up another fight which Keshi should have ignored COMPLETELY and focussed on the game. Keshi has shown immaturity/inexperience by getting involved. If a dog barks is it right to join it in barking?
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by justwise(m): 9:54am On Aug 24, 2013
Nonybb: Keshi was right. Let the white dude go back to his white world and leave us africans alone. Go to ukraine, go to russia and see where the word "monkeys" are flying around like greeting yet no white is brought to book there. The Problem with africans is that we have inferiority complex while a white man has the superiority complex and until we show them that we are equally of a superior race then the problem of equality or less inferiority persist. Am proud that an african man is seen to be BETTER, we should be living in a Black man world not the other way round

You are not making any sense, you can't complain about racism when you are doing the same thing, Keshi's reply was wrong and unacceptable as a professional football coach who even lived and played in Belgium for years!

He is asking the 'white man' to go back to his country while the same Keshi lived and played overseas for many years. What s hypocrite he is

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by collynzo2(m): 9:59am On Aug 24, 2013
ballabriggs:

If you and Keshi had any atom of common sense, you will know those travel advisories are official documents from credible diplomatic organisations and there is course to worry. What Keshi and the NFF should have simply done is to provide evidence to the contrary, it is common sense, an official and polite way of responding to such issues.

However, Keshi has shown how classless and ignorant he is as he has responded like a nairaland troll without common sense. He is not a nairaland troll. He is a leader, the manager of Nigeria's national team and it demands more responsibility and caution when he speaks or writes.
Those documents represent opinions not facts and there is nothing credible about them. If you had common sense, you would have known than NFF has already proven to FIFA that Calabar is safe that's why they said Malawi MUST honour the match in Calabar. That's evidence that FIFA doesn't recognise such useless documents, even mulitnational companies don't recognise them. No one does!

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by dossantos1: 10:01am On Aug 24, 2013
Muscomide: Shame on Keshi for shooting the messenger. The fact is that no place in the Nigeria of today can be said to be safe. Moreover, a coach of Keshi's standing should be better able to put his point across in a diplomatic way without coming across like a racist thug. We need to keep our house in order and not blame non Nigerians who perceive our country to be unsafe.

ogaah. no place in d world is 100% safe. as far as i'm concerned calabar is saferr than many cities in europe & US

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by 0monnak0da: 10:01am On Aug 24, 2013
Ikenna94: d point keshi is tryin to make is dat african teams shud stop givin jobs to roadside foreign coaches
Keshi is not self employed ,he is representing Nigeria.He is not there to "make points" or give opinions unless they are those of his employer. Is it the view of the NFF that white coaches are not welcome in Africa. People commenting here obviously have never held any position of responsibility that is why they speak immaturely. Imagine If Mourinho says that about Mike Emenalo he will lose his job the next day.
Or if a white player gets up and says European teams should stop employing African or gay players.
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by collynzo2(m): 10:01am On Aug 24, 2013
0monnak0da: It really is irrelevant whether you and your entire village support what he said. It is for FIFA to determine whether the remarks break their rules and to take appropriate action.FIFA does not operate like Nairaland or Nigeria.They have rules written in black and white and if a rule is broken sanctions follow. Simples
Then wait for them to decide and keep your useless opinions to yourself.
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by 0monnak0da: 10:02am On Aug 24, 2013
collynzo2: Then wait for them to decide and keep your useless opinions to yourself.
This is a forum for sharing opinions if your father does not like it he knows what to drink

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by collynzo2(m): 10:05am On Aug 24, 2013
0monnak0da:
"The one who cries and goes to report is the loser" OK
He says he will report Keshi to FIFA so let us wait for that.
The only relevant fight here is the football game. That is what Nigerians are interested in.The Malawi coach knows his hand on the field is weak and so he is opening up another fight which Keshi should have ignored COMPLETELY and focussed on the game. Keshi has shown immaturity/inexperience by getting involved. If a dog barks is it right to join it in barking?
Keshi was only replying to questions, he never organised a press conference to give his opinion. He was asked the same question immediately after the South Africa match, he said Saintfiet can choose not to come to Nigeria if he wants. The presenters of that TV program called him on phone to ask the same question again and he gave the reply that is making Saintfiet to cry now. If you must blame, then blame the journalist asking him questions.

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by odehaj: 10:05am On Aug 24, 2013
myOGAonTOP: The comment were not RACIST, they were RACIAL.
Racist is when you derogate about a colour, especially one which is not yours e.g a white dude calling ballotelli a 'frea..king neega' while racial is when an african american sees you on the streets of Lagos and hollers 'yo, sup ma nigga?'. Keshi simply called him what he is : 'a white man'. Its not derogatory. What a loser!
GRAMMAR! If it was said the other way round you would have been shouting..RACISM,RACIST!!!Keshi should deal woith his problems..what is good fo the geese is also good fo the gander abi?
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by dossantos1: 10:06am On Aug 24, 2013
ballabriggs:

stop being a clown, calabar is a safe place for everybody safer than many cities in europe & US. if london is so safe why did they budgeted hundreds of millions of pounds for security when hosting d last olympic. dat white dude was only trying to ridicul nigeria as a nation, let him go backk to holand ASAP else i go send kidnappers from asaba to calabar to go waylay am!
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by dossantos1: 10:07am On Aug 24, 2013
ballabriggs:

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by collynzo2(m): 10:07am On Aug 24, 2013
0monnak0da: This is a forum for sharing opinions if your father does not like it he knows what to drink
You just realised that? You didn't realise it when you said my opinion was irrelevant. You are now crying like Saintfiet hahaha
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by ballabriggs: 10:08am On Aug 24, 2013
collynzo2: Those documents represent opinions not facts and there is nothing credible about them. If you had common sense, you would have known than NFF has already proven to FIFA that Calabar is safe that's why they said Malawi MUST honour the match in Calabar. That's evidence that FIFA doesn't recognise such useless documents, even mulitnational companies don't recognise them. No one does!

Like I said, common sense is not expected from a nairaland troll. It is an official advisory from a reputable diplomatic source, it is not compelling to take the contents serious. However, he has chosen to take the warnings contained in the document serious. What are you going to do if not present an official position to counter the warnings in the document. That is common sense, an official way of responding to issues, it is leadership behaviour expected from the manager of a national team. He is not expected to be at the same level of your thought. You are a troll, you hardly have any relevance in real life.

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by 0monnak0da: 10:08am On Aug 24, 2013
collynzo2: You just realised that? You didn't realise it when you said my opinion was irrelevant. You are now crying like Saintfiet hahaha
Crying ? Is everything well with your family? Are your parents OK?

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by dossantos1: 10:10am On Aug 24, 2013
odehaj: GRAMMAR! If it was said the other way round you would have been shouting..RACISM,RACIST!!!Keshi should deal woith his problems..what is good fo the geese is also good fo the gander abi?
abeeegi. there is noting racist about keshi's comment. is the guy not a whiteman. will balotelli or samuel eto feel offended jus becos someone call them black man?

2 Likes

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:10am On Aug 24, 2013
Muscomide: I am certain that majority of Keshi's critics are Nigerians in disapora, mostly In Europe and America. There is a certain awareness of norms of behaviour and tact which comes from living in the West. Untravelled NIgerians are unlikely to see anything wrong in Keshi's behaviour and words. I guess the folks in Nigeria defending Keshi's utterances have not actually bothered to listen to the audio and video recording of the interview due to the phone charges that will be incurred. Our country would be transformed for the better if more of our people are exposed to the norms of behaviour, the restraint and tact that obtains in most advanced societies. Keshi needs to engage his brain before opening his mouth or risk bringing ridicule not only on himself and his position, but on Nigeria as a whole. Enough of this mediocrity in our national life.

I think the problem was created by our government not sending a message to this white dude not to make silly remarks. Can he make these remarks against Egypt and Tunisia? If leaving overseas condones someone insulting another persons home country, I wonder how a wildly travelled person like coach Keshi can see the white dude's remarks as insulting. tongue
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by myOGAonTOP: 10:11am On Aug 24, 2013
EatmyShorts:

Look at this ignoramus. Why did you leave out part of his statement? Keshi told him to go back to Belgium, that's racist. If a white man tells you to leave his country and go back to Africa won't you call him racist? Fool!
you called yourself a fool and at the same time you re breaking your head over what a coach called his rival. Funny. He without sin....
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by ballabriggs: 10:11am On Aug 24, 2013
dos-santos:

stop being a clown, calabar is a safe place for everybody safer than many cities in europe & US. if london is so safe why did they budgeted hundreds of millions of pounds for security when hosting d last olympic. dat white dude was only trying to ridicul nigeria as a nation, let him go backk to holand ASAP else i go send kidnappers from asaba to calabar to go waylay am!

I say again, common sense is not common and not everyone understands what the basics of communication within an organisation should be. You are probably in one road side shop and I won't blame you for not understanding these issues.
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by superstarjay(m): 10:11am On Aug 24, 2013
vladimiros: KESHI PLAYED IN BELGIUM

FOR ANDERLECHT

TOM IS WASTING HIS TIME
Wat is dis one saying
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Chinom(m): 10:11am On Aug 24, 2013
CALABAR IS SAFER THAN LONDON. "nuff said. Those travel advisories are RACIST on it's own. Besides since when did calling someone "White" become racist. Keshi need not apologise.

3 Likes

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by ocelot2006(m): 10:12am On Aug 24, 2013
Calabar unsafe?!! Who's the clown at the British Foreign office that came up with that useless travel advisory?

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:14am On Aug 24, 2013
collynzo2: Another absolute trash! What is official about that document? It's just the OPINION of a British organisation. For the records Calabar is safer than London, a bomb has never gone off in Calabar, neither has a soldier been beheaded. Such useless documents have never been used in football.

Yet this white dude is complaining about safety. Matches are being played in London today, why are the coaches not worried about the safety of epl players in London.

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Chinom(m): 10:16am On Aug 24, 2013
Kairoseki77: Calling someone a white dude is not racism.

Throwing mayonnaise at white players, like they throw bananas at us, would be racist.

Throwing BACON, not mayonnaise, at those pork gobbling mofos. Can you imagine what black players go through in Europe ?.
Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by collynzo2(m): 10:16am On Aug 24, 2013
ballabriggs:

Like I said, common sense is not expected from a nairaland troll. It is an official advisory from a reputable diplomatic source, it is not compelling to take the contents serious. However, he has chosen to take the warnings contained in the document serious. What are you going to do if not present an official position to counter the warnings in the document. That is common sense, an official way of responding to issues, it is leadership behaviour expected from the manager of a national team. He is not expected to be at the same level of your thought. You are a troll, you hardly have any relevance in real life.
I doubt if you even know the source you refer to as 'reputable' and 'diplomatic'. Any proof to those assertions? You make foolish conclusions without investigating.
If you had any form of sense at all you would have tried to find our if there had been an official response to the issue before posting blind comments. You are a pleb.

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by Solarpower(m): 10:16am On Aug 24, 2013
sweetponmo: Keshi, you are a clandestine racist. Please apologize to the Malawi coach... You would not want the world to further compound the problems of Nigerians by labelling us racists.
u call keshi a clandestine racist....do u knw hw many white coaches that are also clandestine racists? U knw o'cours he had his training as a coach in europe. Do u knw d level of racist marginalizatn or treatment he got 4rm them in an attempt to devalue him and other black coaches undergoing training as world class coaches? Why has any european club or national team nt had a black professnal coach,traind by them to be their coach? Wise up my frnd. He knws wat he's doing and has a reason. Though i dnt support his outburst and use of words on d coach.

1 Like

Re: Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' by myOGAonTOP: 10:16am On Aug 24, 2013
odehaj: GRAMMAR! If it was said the other way round you would have been shouting..RACISM,RACIST!!!Keshi should deal woith his problems..what is good fo the geese is also good fo the gander abi?
of course bro... All am trying to point out is that there is nothing racist bout it. Am not supporting keshi but i was not impressed when this issue deviated towards racism EVEN WHEN a lowly (am sorry in advance) east african country that will never pass through 0.9% of our travails as a nation and survive, comes to point out non-existent security vulnerabilities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Seun Ajetunmobi Is Dead! / Most Recent Picture of 74-year-old Muhammed Ali / NPFL: Fans Of Kano Pillars Destroy Team Bus Of Katsina United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.