Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) (17166 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / E-Grace Convention 20-14 / Einstein Personal Letter To E. Gutkind - "Religion Is..childish Superstition" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Alwaystrue(f): 11:30am On Sep 03, 2013
Candour:

The definition of sin never changed because grace was poured out.Sin is still lawlessness to God. Grace only came to give us that which we couldn't attain on our own & that is the righteousness that meets God's standard.

A Christian might fall occasionally, in fact he'll fall as he's still in this corruptible body of flesh but he'll never be comfortable there as the seed of God(holy spirit) resides in him and it is an enemy of the flesh.

Grace is NOT and CAN NEVER be License to engage in sin

Dear sister, the grace of God is beyond our comprehension. We can only try to imagine. I also wish Ayoku and Shdemidemi can create time to bless us with their own topics.God bless u plenty
@Candour,
Thanks for your post. I was not referring to grace as license but the analogy about the knowledge of a sin and feeling afterll we can't sin. But your submission is spot on. I hope I get to hear the part of grace as a teacher if Ayoku gets to submit his paper.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Candour(m): 11:39am On Sep 03, 2013
Alwaystrue:
@Candour,
Thanks for your post. I was not referring to grace as license but the analogy about the knowledge of a sin and feeling afterll we can't sin. But your submission is spot on. I hope I get to hear the part of grace as a teacher if Ayoku gets to submit his paper.

Dear sister, sure I got your position. grin

Hope you're good?

Cheers
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 12:20pm On Sep 03, 2013
@ Enigma, Alex, Always true, Kun, Drummaboy etc, if we were in a room, i' wd make no further comment, but for the benefit of others, let me make sm points clear, @Alwaystrue, pls i never said, some one after commiting sin said, says, "i can nt commit sin" no, d prodigal son said "father i have sined", d elder brother said, yes daddy, you must drive him away, but d father said, NO, why, bc d money u wasted was ur daddy's(JESUS' righteousness/grace) money, u never stole it, d boy öly open his mouth in amazement and ask, "how can that be, after all i have done? Just like what is happening now, some of U cant just imagine, my brethren, that's how uncomprehensible God's Grace is, d hight, depth, width and length is awesome. What we got in Jesus is TOO BIG, UNFATHOMABLE, You ppl are so used to the law of Moses, that freedom seems so far fetched, thats how terible d law of Moses is, it can put u in prison and convince u that it is for ur own good. Now i dont even want to analyse 1jn1 :5 right up to chapter 2:1-2, bc if a baby of 3months poo in his pampers i wonder if u can compare dat baby with a 15 yr old. I just wish u guys can undastand these things, d boy said, "father, i have sined", d father said NO, u did not, u were only lost, but am glad, i have found you, welcome home.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Image123(m): 1:45pm On Sep 03, 2013
haha, service don close since na. Okay, workers are deliberating and increasing my followed topic posts. Una well done, we wan off gen oh.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2013
Lol,@image.

@christemmbassey,i understand you wella jare my brother.No worry all of them dey talk wetin you talk na!

Dia point be say wen maturity come,Grace no mean say we go dey disgrace baba God all the time because HiM expect us to dey chew bones by now. grin
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by alexleo(m): 2:17pm On Sep 03, 2013
@Christembassy,

The parable of the prodigal son shows us God's love to a repentant heart. It was the repentant heart that made the boy to go back to his father in the first place and that's what God requires from us when we err. The fathers attitude to him simply shows that our sin is not as important to God as our repentance and willingness to come back to him. The most important thing is to realize that we ve gone astray like the prodigal son and must return to where we truly belong- God. If he didn't go back, he would ve remained a lost child as far as his father was concerned. And he would ve died a lost child. The story the father would ve been telling is - I had a child but he got lost and I never saw him again. That's where his story would ve ended. When a child of God commits sin he has gone on the wrong path and needs to come back to the right part by coming to the throne of grace with boldness.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Alwaystrue(f): 2:22pm On Sep 03, 2013
wink@Candour,
I am fine thanks. I am very good.

@christembassy,
It is ok to see things your own way but we also hve our points.
The prodigal son said he was had sinned and was no longer worthy to be called his son but a servant. The father said he was dead and now alive, lost and now found. Whether you call it sin, lost or dead it is all the same. The father had seen him as lost and dead and that is what sin does. He became alive and found to the father because he repented.
He was made worthy to be called a son again still (even when he felt unworthy) because of his fathers love and that is grace. Grace makes us worthy to receive God's love. It does not tell us we did not sin when we did...please those are two different things and that is simply what that scripture said.
I do not understand what you mean by so used to the law of Moses. There is a lot many do not understand about grace and God's law and the liberty we have but it is a thing of growth.

@Bidam...lol.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 3:40pm On Sep 03, 2013
alexleo: @Christembassy,

The parable of the prodigal son shows us God's love to a repentant heart. It was the repentant heart that made the boy to go back to his father in the first place and that's what God requires from us when we err. The fathers attitude to him simply shows that our sin is not as important to God as our repentance and willingness to come back to him. The most important thing is to realize that we ve gone astray like the prodigal son and must return to where we truly belong- God. If he didn't go back, he would ve remained a lost child a far as his father was concerned. And he would ve died a lost child. The story the father would ve been telling is - I had a child but he got lost and I never saw him again. That's where his story would ve ended. When a child of God commits sin he has gone on the wrong path and needs to come back to the right part by coming to the throne of grace with boldness.
sorry, it was not a repentant heart that brought him back, it was d condition he found himself, listen to him, he said "how many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and i perish with hunger? (LUKE 15:17) (i'm nt against repentant, take note, but things must b put in d correct perspectives) it was hunger hro, d son of a very rich man was eating with pig,, (a man who is in honour, but understandeth not, is like a beast that perish-ps 49:20) na cödition bn make d guy remember im popsy, if to say wine bn still dey flow, bros d guy 4 lost kpatakpata, let me tell u what brought him back, it was Grace(love) of his father, he knew how far d father love can go, its so long, it can go arround d world searching for d worst of siners, its so high, it can overlook d wors atrocities, its so deep it can drown d bigest sin and so big, it can accomodate d bigest mistake.. God bless.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by alexleo(m): 3:46pm On Sep 03, 2013
Alwaystrue: wink@Candour,

@christembassy,
The prodigal son said he was had sinned and was no longer worthy to be called his son but a servant. The father said he was dead and now alive, lost and now found. Whether you call it sin, lost or dead it is all the same. The father had seen him as lost and dead and that is what sin does. He became alive and found to the father because he repented.
He was made worthy to be called a son again still (even when he felt unworthy) because of his fathers love and that is grace. Grace makes us worthy to receive God's love. It does not tell us we did not sin when we did...please those are two different things and that is simply what that scripture said.
I do not understand what you mean by so used to the law of Moses. There is a lot many do not understand about grace and God's law and the liberty we have but it is a thing of growth.

@Bidam...lol.

My beloved sister, God bless you.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 03, 2013
christemmbassey: sorry, it was not a repentant heart that brought him back, it was d condition he found himself, listen to him, he said "how many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and i perish with hunger? (LUKE 15:17) (i'm nt against repentant, take note, but things must b put in d correct perspectives) it was hunger hro, d son of a very rich man was eating with pig,, (a man who is in honour, but understandeth not, is like a beast that perish-ps 49:20) na cödition bn make d guy remember im popsy, if to say wine bn still dey flow, bros d guy 4 lost kpatakpata, let me tell u what brought him back, it was Grace(love) of his father, he knew how far d father love can go, its so long, it can go arround d world searching for d worst of siners, its so high, it can overlook d wors atrocities, its so deep it can drown d bigest sin and so big, it can accomodate d bigest mistake.. God bless.
The key word is that "He came to Himself". Remember the pig and cat analogy?
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 4:04pm On Sep 03, 2013
Alwaystrue: wink@Candour,

@christembassy,

@Bidam...lol.
my dear sister, a christian is not smbody that is looking for grace, he's got grace inside of him, a d bible says this Grace is teaching us that denying ungodliness and worldly lust, we should live soberly , righteously and godly in this present world".(Titus 2;11) b4 d law of Moses was ur guidiand, 2day its d Grace of God, he is our helper, intercessor, counselor, our advocate, TEACHER, strength and standby. What else can i say! Stay bless and move up d Grace ladder, evero day say to urself, i can not commit sin bc 4 am a child of God, i assure u d word will make u what he says.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by alexleo(m): 4:10pm On Sep 03, 2013
christemmbassey: sorry, it was not a repentant heart that brought him back, it was d condition he found himself, listen to him, he said "how many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and i perish with hunger? (LUKE 15:17) (i'm nt against repentant, take note, but things must b put in d correct perspectives) it was hunger hro, d son of a very rich man was eating with pig,, (a man who is in honour, but understandeth not, is like a beast that perish-ps 49:20) na cödition bn make d guy remember im popsy, if to say wine bn still dey flow, bros d guy 4 lost kpatakpata, let me tell u what brought him back, it was Grace(love) of his father, he knew how far d father love can go, its so long, it can go arround d world searching for d worst of siners, its so high, it can overlook d wors atrocities, its so deep it can drown d bigest sin and so big, it can accomodate d bigest mistake.. God bless.

I agree with you that the love of God is so big. But you omitted a vital point in the Luke 15:17 you quoted which started with- "And when he came to himself,...". What else could that be if not repentance? Again the boy wasn't even confident that his father will be so loving enough to welcome him the way he did that's why he said he ll go the father and ask to be taken as one of his servants. The bad condition humbled him. And 1 peter 5:5 says-
for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

Now the most important thing here is that he realized he was on the wrong side.
He made a move towards the right side.
And he obatained mercy.
If he had remained there he would ve died of hunger and a lost child. Same thing I am saying that when a child of God finds himself on the wrong side he must make a move towards the right side. You don't stay in sin and say that grace covers you or that Jesus Christ has nailed the sin at the cross without approaching the throne of grace for cleansing as we are told in 1 John 2:1-2. That's my own point.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 4:10pm On Sep 03, 2013
Bidam: The key word is that "He came to Himself". Remember the pig and cat analogy?
yes, d KEY word, HE REALISE what? Himself, that he is a SON to a very rich man, he did not realise his sin, but who he was, is this too hard to undastand?
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Enigma(m): 4:17pm On Sep 03, 2013
Luke 15

From the mouth of The Prodigal Son

18 I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you.

19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 4:19pm On Sep 03, 2013
alexleo:

I agree with you that the love of God is so big. But you omitted a vital point in the Luke 15:17 you quoted which started with- "And when he came to himself,...". What else could that be if not repentance? Again the boy wasn't even confident that his father will be so loving enough to welcome him the way he did that's why he said he ll go the father and ask to be taken as one of his servants. The bad condition humbled him. And 1 peter 5:5 says-
for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

Now the most important thing here is that he realized he was on the wrong side.
He made a move towards the right side.
And he obatained mercy.
If he had remained there he would ve died of hunger and a lost child. Same thing I am saying that when a child of God finds himself on the wrong side he must make a move towards the right side. You don't stay in sin and say that grace covers you or that Jesus Christ has nailed the sin at the cross without approaching the throne of grace for cleansing as we are told in 1 John 2:1-2. That's my own point.
you dont still get it bro, there is no pride here, its NOT d siner who claim, i can not sin, or i did not sin, no, its God who JUSTIFYS, THATS TO SAY NOT GUILTY, U DID NOT DO IT, DISCHARGE N ACQUITED. Omg.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 4:25pm On Sep 03, 2013
Enigma: Luke 15

From the mouth of The Prodigal Son

18 I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you.

19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants
you have to count from 17 b4 u get to 18. 18 came as a result of 17, so pls start from 17.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Enigma(m): 4:27pm On Sep 03, 2013
It doesn't matter where you start from. The fact is he saw himself as a sinner before God and man.

Edit: This means he realised his sin --- contrary to what you said!

christemmbassey: yes, d KEY word, HE REALISE what? Himself, that he is a SON to a very rich man, he did not realise his sin, but who he was, is this too hard to undastand?
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 03, 2013
christemmbassey: yes, d KEY word, HE REALISE what? Himself, that he is a SON to a very rich man, he did not realise his sin, but who he was, is this too hard to undastand?
Yes i agree he realised he was the son of a rich man,but he also realised he erred big time.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Enigma(m): 4:31pm On Sep 03, 2013
@ All

I am very sorry I had to make that last two posts contrary to my own suggestion not to debate/argue. I will try again to exercise restraint. And I recommend once more that this matter be moved to a new thread as I believe it is already soiling the Convention thread.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 4:40pm On Sep 03, 2013
Bidam: Yes i agree he realised he was the son of a rich man,but he also realised he erred big time.
so u expected him to just tell his father, "hello dad, ur son is back",? Na wa to u o. I hope u saw where i said, ' i am nt against repentance? What made d father to welcome him back, was it his confesion of sin or d amazing Grace of his father? Bidam, no fall my hand na!
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 4:43pm On Sep 03, 2013
Enigma: @ All

I am very sorry I had to make that last two posts contrary to my own suggestion not to debate/argue. I will try again to exercise restraint. And I recommend once more that this matter be moved to a new thread as I believe it is already soiling the Convention thread.
grin
Enigma: @ All

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 03, 2013
christemmbassey: so u expected him to just tell his father, "hello dad, ur son is back",? Na wa to u o. I hope u saw where i said, ' i am nt against repentance? What made d father to welcome him back, was it his confesion of sin or d amazing Grace of his father? Bidam, no fall my hand na!
Ok! i agree the father did not wait for him to speak but don't forget he made the effort to return home.The point everyone is trying to tell you is that without the son responding by coming home to the loving arms of his father he would have been lost really.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 4:49pm On Sep 03, 2013
Enigma: It doesn't matter where you start from. The fact is he saw himself as a sinner before God and man.

Edit: This means he realised his sin --- contrary to what you said!

yes he realised his sin, what i mean to say, is, it was not d realisation of his sin that brought him back, but, realisation of d fact dat he is a SON to a very rich, merciful and gracious father. Bro, it was d father GRACE DAT BROUGHT HIM BACK. **i rest my case** love u all.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 4:57pm On Sep 03, 2013
Bidam: Ok! i agree the father did not wait for him to speak but don't forget he made the effort to return home.The point everyone is trying to tell you is that without the son responding by coming home to the loving arms of his father he would have been lost really.
when d bad boy was still a log way off, d papa ran and carried him like a trophy, kissed him and threw a big party, did d father waited to hear his cönfession b4 runing off to welcome him?
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 03, 2013
christemmbassey: when d bad boy was still a log way off, d papa ran and carried him like a trophy, kissed him and threw a big party, did d father waited to hear his cönfession b4 runing off to welcome him?
Oga teacher,you don win.Are you happy now? grin
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by alexleo(m): 5:01pm On Sep 03, 2013
christemmbassey: yes he realised his sin, what i mean to say, is, it was not d realisation of his sin that brought him back, but, realisation of d fact dat he is a SON to a very rich, merciful and gracious father.

I like your spirit and approach bros. But if the boy knew how great his father's love was he wouldn't have even gone so low in asking to be a servant. Its repentance that made him do that. But sure, he knew the father will consider him but didn't know it would be such a great restoration. Verse 17 started with this statement - "And when he came to himself". This is repentance. The fact that he came back to the father was satisfactory enough to the father just like when we err and go back to the throne of grace. God forgives us sharp sharp.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Alwaystrue(f): 5:02pm On Sep 03, 2013
@Alexleo,
Thanks and Amen. I am glad you understand what I am saying. Seems we posted about the same time.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 5:12pm On Sep 03, 2013
Bidam: Oga teacher,you don win.Are you happy now? grin
i wish to God that every christian wd realise who he/she really is, without which he/she remain a judaizer no matter what he/e think. Peace.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Enigma(m): 5:19pm On Sep 03, 2013
christemmbassey: i wish to God that every christian wd realise who he/she really is, without which he/she remain a judaizer no matter what he/e think. Peace.

This is the kind of thing I feared.

And to say you are in blatant error and calling others "judaizers"!

Smh
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 5:19pm On Sep 03, 2013
alexleo:

I like your spirit and approach bros. But if the boy knew how great his father's love was he wouldn't have even gone so low in asking to be a servant. Its repentance that made him do that. But sure, he knew the father will consider him but didn't know it would be such a great restoration. Verse 17 started with this statement - "And when he came to himself". This is repentance. The fact that he came back to the father was satisfactory enough to the father just like when we err and go back to the throne of grace. God forgives us sharp sharp.
that's why we study to know, so that ignorance will not make us to ask less than what we deserve. God bless, Alex, Enigma, Alwaystrue? And d only prophet in d house, Bidam. Eehe, make una bring una tithe and painful seeds o, all of una and me alone, that was not fair. @ Bidam, i trust u bc u no dey joke with kingdom principles, pls make sure say, nobody leave without droping smthing, they must key in if they want to benefit fully from d grace of dis grace conference.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 5:32pm On Sep 03, 2013
Enigma:

This is the kind of thing I feared.

And to say you are in blatant error and calling others "judaizers"!

Smh
sorry, ill take dat back, if u missundastand me., pls read dat post again. I said 'christians.'
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Enigma(m): 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2013
If you mean taking back the calling of others "judaizers", that is OK as in my view it goes against the spirit of this thread.

The real point I was making was that using the term in such manner is compounded/worsened by the fact that, in my view, you are in error to suggest that a Christian cannot/does not sin -- no matter how that is interpreted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Differences Between Demonic Initiation And Christian Spiritual Awakening / Funny Names Of Nigerian Churches / 'If You Remove Church, Nigeria Will Collapse’ — RCCG Pastor, Pat Akem-Vingir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.