Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) (17167 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / E-Grace Convention 20-14 / Einstein Personal Letter To E. Gutkind - "Religion Is..childish Superstition" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 03, 2013
Enigma: If you mean taking back the calling of others "judaizers", that is OK as in my view it goes against the spirit of this thread.

The real point I was making was that using the term in such manner is compounded/worsened by the fact that, in my view, you are in error to suggest that a Christian cannot/does not sin -- no matter how that is interpreted.

I believe he meant no harm.It's based on his understanding.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Enigma(m): 5:46pm On Sep 03, 2013
^ I understand and indeed I am trying to be understanding. At the same time I am trying to be gently firm --- because I consider that necessary.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 5:56pm On Sep 03, 2013
Enigma: ^ I understand and indeed I am trying to be understanding. At the same time I am trying to be gently firm --- because I consider that necessary.
i'm very sure dat post did nt call anybody on this thread a 'judaizer', i said "if a christian fail to realise who he/she is", but likf i said, if it sounds dif in ur ears, i afologise, am sorry. Peace.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by alexleo(m): 7:51pm On Sep 03, 2013
christemmbassey: when d bad boy was still a log way off, d papa ran and carried him like a trophy, kissed him and threw a big party, did d father waited to hear his cönfession b4 runing off to welcome him?

I understand what you are saying about the fathers big love. Action speaks louder than words. The very act of the boy by returning home is more than enough for such a loving father. The fact that the boy could return to the right place he should be was of much worth to the father than his words. Yeah God is ever willing to cleanse us if we approach the throne of grace. Something like this in luke 18:13,14 is worth doing-

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Psalm 51:17-

17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by moshoodn(m): 8:27pm On Sep 03, 2013
christemmbassey: i'm very sure dat post did nt call anybody on this thread a 'judaizer', i said "if a christian fail to realise who he/she is", but likf i said, if it sounds dif in ur ears, i afologise, am sorry. Peace.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by moshoodn(m): 8:30pm On Sep 03, 2013
christemmbassey: i'm very sure dat post did nt call anybody on this thread a 'judaizer', i said "if a christian fail to realise who he/she is", but likf i said, if it sounds dif in ur ears, i afologise, am sorry. Peace.

Hello...

I requested for a copy of your message, and you told me to send my mail to your number..

I've done that like 38 hours ago...

Can I still have it or I should just look away?
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 03, 2013
What is taking ayoku777's message so long to grace this thread, is he not going to present his paper?
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by made2fit(f): 9:58pm On Sep 03, 2013
moshoodn:

Hello...

I requested for a copy of your message, and you told me to send my mail to your number..

Why not copy and paste,whilst u wait. dats what I did.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 10:11pm On Sep 03, 2013
moshoodn:

Hello...

sorry bro for they delay, i use a friend's lappy to do the posting, pls lets see 2morrow, same to others that v also requested 4 my presentation. God bless.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by DrummaBoy(m): 10:51pm On Sep 03, 2013
@christembassey. Thank u for sticking out with us this long. I think i get ur point and i made dat clear in mY last post. Sometimes i think d limitations in d english language contributes to long debates. Maybe will try greek next time. Lolz. As for d guy who request for ayoku paper i pass that to goshen to decide. @ enigma. Sir pls i am requsting a Q and A session with U. I see there is a wealth of knowledge in u that must be explored. If its ok with u i will open the thread tomorrow? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Enigma(m): 10:55pm On Sep 03, 2013
@Drummaboy

Ah, please no no no no bros! It is the very last thing I want to do.

Honestly, I generally prefer to be in the background --- except I find I can't stop getting into ruckus every now and then! smiley
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Tgirl4real(f): 11:05pm On Sep 03, 2013
Enigma: @Drummaboy

Ah, please no no no no bros! It is the very last thing I want to do.

Honestly, I generally prefer to be in the background --- except I find I can't stop getting into ruckus every now and then! smiley

Why are you forming humble for the things of God? tongue
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Enigma(m): 11:11pm On Sep 03, 2013
I pray to God it is not false humility. Honestly, please forgive me and 'let this pass'. grin

I can't do it. sad

smiley
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by DrummaBoy(m): 11:28pm On Sep 03, 2013
@Enigma. Issokay!
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Enigma(m): 11:29pm On Sep 03, 2013
Thanks for understanding smiley
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 04, 2013
Pastor Kun: Faith as the precondition for grace

Romans 4:13-16
13 It was not through the law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith. 14[b] For if those who depend on the law are heirs, faith means nothing and the promise is worthless[/b], 15 because the law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression.
16 Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham’s offspring—not only to those who are of the law but also to those who have the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all.

Romans 10:4
4 Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

Acts 15:10-11
10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? 11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

Faith as a precondition for man’s salvation is based on the Abrahamic covenant as explained in Romans 4:13-16. That was God’s promise to Abraham and his descendants by faith. Some would argue about the law being a prerequisite for salvation but as the scriptures rightly said the law was merely introduced to expose man’s failings to make us realize that by our selves we can do nothing

Galatians 3:23-25
23 Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

It is very important for us as Christians to recognize and accept that salvation is purely by the grace of God and not by our works. Cause if we think it is by our works it would breed pride and God hates pride. God in his infinite wisdom knowing that if it is by works no human would be saved decided to offer us a much easier path to salvation by sending his son to show us the way and die for the redemption of our sins. One thing I would like to emphasize though is that faith in Christ is not limited to faith/belief in his name, faith in Christ means adhering to his teachings because merely believing in his name and not abiding by his teachings would make us hypocrites who are merely practicing religion and not true faith in Christ Jesus.
Acts 15:10-11 also reiterates that believers are not subject to the law as it is humanly impossible to keep and an unnecessary burden on believers who are saved by grace. It also addresses our modern day Judaizers who are bent on keeping brethren under the law.

TBC

Faith as the precondition for grace? Please please please...
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by DrummaBoy(m): 2:14pm On Sep 04, 2013
ledafaze:

Do you have a question on this?
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Do you have a question on this?

Yes...

The definition of Grace and how faith comes into the picture...

Ever heard of Faith renewed by Grace?

Please Faith started in the Old Testament.... Grace in the New Testament...
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by DrummaBoy(m): 2:56pm On Sep 04, 2013
ledafaze:

Yes...

The definition of Grace and how faith comes into the picture...

Ever heard of Faith renewed by Grace?

Please Faith started in the Old Testament.... Grace in the New Testament...

Sir,

Follow the teachings as enumerated on the time table of the convention on this link, you will find the answers to your questions there. The teachers for the convention did justice to your questions and others:

https://www.nairaland.com/1416947/welcome-e-grace-convention-2013/1#17754058
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 04, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Sir,

Follow the teachings as enumerated on the time table of the convention on this link, you will find the answers to your questions there. The teachers for the convention did justice to your questions and others:

https://www.nairaland.com/1416947/welcome-e-grace-convention-2013/1#17754058

Guy,

In this dispensation, Grace is a pathway on its own... ...without any works or faith at all... it is called Unmerited...
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Image123(m): 4:03pm On Sep 04, 2013
ledafaze:

Guy,

In this dispensation, Grace is a pathway on its own... ...without any works or faith at all... it is called Unmerited...

Faith links you to God's grace. No matter the grace in front of you, you cannot have it without faith, as it were. Without faith it is impossible to please God, ithink the first passage of kunle's post that you quoted says pretty much the same.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 04, 2013
Image123:

Faith links you to God's grace. No matter the grace in front of you, you cannot have it without faith, as it were. Without faith it is impossible to please God, ithink the first passage of kunle's post that you quoted says pretty much the same.

Don't misunderstand the bible. Grace cant be worked for... You can't attain Grace through faith... Grace is like a turnel while faith is the fuel in that turnel. Grace comes to you, taps into you without faith being involved.... Then it now depends on how well you tap into the faith in the tunnel...

Abegi... I dont like dragging issues... na to enter heaven we dey after... bye...

Unfollowing post
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Image123(m): 5:40pm On Sep 04, 2013
ledafaze:

Don't misunderstand the bible. Grace cant be worked for... You can't attain Grace through faith... Grace is like a turnel while faith is the fuel in that turnel. Grace comes to you, taps into you without faith being involved.... Then it now depends on how well you tap into the faith in the tunnel...

Abegi... I dont like dragging issues... na to enter heaven we dey after... bye...

Unfollowing post

Hmmm, faith is not exactly works though it has to be done.There is nothin like attaining grace, its not to be attained but obtained. And to obtain from God, one needs faith.

James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 1:7 For let not that man think that he shall receive ANY THING of the Lord.

Grace is God's help and every believer needs to come boldly to obtain grace. It doesn't just jump on somebody.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Belexy95: 12:15am On Sep 05, 2013
A big thumbs up 2 d organisers- ghosen,tgirl n drummaboy.also,2 our choicest teachers,gr8 job weldone!

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Belexy95: 12:36am On Sep 05, 2013
I cudnt follow up wit d convention but was able 2 read up d various papers presented. Jst 2 make a little remark i tink wud help som persons. 1stly,its important wen interpreting scriptures dat we do witin context. In a bid 2 Interpret scripture in isolation usually dnt give d rite interpretatn. @christembassy,i salute ur courage 2 stand ur ground n defend ur believe,against d popular sin consciousness believe. I admonish us as fellow comrades of christ,dat we do well 2 put off assumptions wen it comes 2 Gods word. More of His Manifold Grace 2 u all!!
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by alexleo(m): 6:06am On Sep 05, 2013
ledafaze:

Unfollowing post

Ephesians 2:8.

8 For BY GRACE are ye saved THROUGH FAITH;

Simply means- Salvation is by grace but obtained through faith. For example if you work in a company and they bring cars to give out to staff, the car is already available but you must need to do something to obtain it. May be sign some documents or may be provide some documents etc Grace is available but you OBTAIN it through faith. You don't ATTaIN grace.
Pls when you come to discussion forums like this, have an open mind to learn. Don't stick to what you already know until you are sure that what you know cannot be disproved. Now you said- "unfollowing thread". So did you come to impose what you know on us? Sorry it doesn't work that way. Thanks.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by ATMC(f): 7:12am On Sep 05, 2013
ledafaze:

swerri...think am well...
ledafaze:

Unfollowing post
Lol grace and faith are related in dt grace opens door for faith. faith is not work at all. look at it this way...Jesus comes to yhu with an offer, then his grace locates yhu with a measure of faith with which yhu believe in him and then dt his offer gets to yhu. yhu grab?
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by PastorKun(m): 8:26am On Sep 05, 2013
Image123:

Really nice to see Image123 agreeing with me on a topic for once. grin
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 9:31am On Sep 05, 2013
ledafaze:

Guy,

Grace started in d old testament, it was grace dat callf Abram n he responded with faith, so, i agree with u, Grace precedes faith.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 9:34am On Sep 05, 2013
Image123:

what comes first, d carte or d horse?
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 9:43am On Sep 05, 2013
alexleo:

Ephesians 2:8.

8 For BY GRACE are ye saved THROUGH FAITH;

Simply means- Salvation is by grace but obtained through faith. For example if you work in a company and they bring cars to give out to staff, the car is already available but you must need to do something to obtain it. May be sign some documents or may be provide some documents etc Grace is available but you OBTAIN it through faith. You don't ATTaIN grace.
Pls when you come to discussion forums like this, have an open mind to learn. Don't stick to what you already know until you are sure that what you know cannot be disproved. Now you said- "unfollowing thread". So did you come to impose what you know on us? Sorry it doesn't work that way. Thanks.
Titus 2:11-"for the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeareth to ALL MEN". Grace FIRST appeared, then faith took it.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 9:53am On Sep 05, 2013
Belexy 95: I cudnt follow up wit d convention but was able 2 read up d various papers presented. Jst 2 make a little remark i tink wud help som persons. 1stly,its important wen interpreting scriptures dat we do witin context. In a bid 2 Interpret scripture in isolation usually dnt give d rite interpretatn. @christembassy,i salute ur courage 2 stand ur ground n defend ur believe,against d popular sin consciousness believe. I admonish us as fellow comrades of christ,dat we do well 2 put off assumptions wen it comes 2 Gods word. More of His Manifold Grace 2 u all!!
GOD bless u dear, u've made my day, great to know dat at least 1 person was listening and heard me. Grace b multiplied unto u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Differences Between Demonic Initiation And Christian Spiritual Awakening / Why Is Sexual Sin Devil's Most Powerful Weapon? / 'If You Remove Church, Nigeria Will Collapse’ — RCCG Pastor, Pat Akem-Vingir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.