Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,077 members, 7,957,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:13 AM

The Family Section Fun Room!! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Family Section Fun Room!! (760743 Views)

Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by k4kenny(f): 9:41am On Sep 02, 2013
Royal Roy:

Welcome Mrs. k4Kenny Atobs. grin .

I see you've been a member since nairaland was a baby!!

Oya....50 rounds of applause for you ma!
For being my namesake!!

Hmmm....yam, yam, yam & more yams....are u trying to bring forth junior k4Kenny & t4Taiwo too?

Anyway its all good....wish u a happy & rewarding time on nairaland family section.

So you're a kenny too. Saw d twin thread u started a while back. Got M̶̲̅ε̲̣ rotfl cheesy. Being an identical twin can be fun but so darn annoying sometimes.
And I won't mind having a kenny jnr sometime wink
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by afrobaby(f): 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2013
Ooops, this should be fun.

Am Oyinade by name, my username? My mum's nicknaame is afro, and am her baby, hence the name AFROBABY
I am Nigerian, though there are often weird times when I wish my mum could tell me I am born to one americana, lolz,
Hobbies: Watching movies, surfing the internet
I stay in ikorodu, Lagos
I have a beautiful daughter
Yea, am married to the man that make my heart go jigijigi bambam, love him like ......
Family is what you make of it
Am in my early thirties
I can be an introvert or an extrovert but I guess am just inbetween, it depends on where I find myself

Love making friends but too shy to accept it or too picky to allow it, I allow myself to be consume in online social networking

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 6:23pm On Sep 02, 2013
afrobaby: Ooops, this should be fun.

Am Oyinade by name, my username? My mum's nicknaame is afro, and am her baby, hence the name AFROBABY
I am Nigerian, though there are often weird times when I wish my mum could tell me I am born to one americana, lolz,
Hobbies: Watching movies, surfing the internet
I stay in ikorodu, Lagos
I have a beautiful daughter
Yea, am married to the man that make my heart go gidigidi bambam, love him like ......
Family is what you make of it
Am in my early thirties
I can be an introvert or an extrovert but I guess am just inbetween, it depends on where I find myself

Love making friends but too shy to accept it or too picky to allow it, I allow myself to be consume in online social networking

Welcome Mrs Baby.....daughter of Madam Afro!! grin grin

Nothing bad in online social networking as long as it doesn't consume your time for work & family.

Shout out to that man who makes ur heart go jigijigi bambam!
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by deols(f): 7:56pm On Sep 02, 2013
To get the fun going, I have a fun question to ask if RR will permit me?
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 8:06pm On Sep 02, 2013
deols: To get the fun going, I have a fun question to ask if RR will permit me?

Am all ears!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by deols(f): 8:21pm On Sep 02, 2013
This is to the married and engaged folks(men and women)- honest answers pls

Q. How important do you think beauty was to your partner while choosing you. Do you think your beauty played an important role?/ most important role? or do you think they would have chosen you anyway(even if you weren't as good looking)?

N.B- This is in relation to the beauty in terms of looks. Inner beauty is not what I am asking about.

Q.2- If they would have chosen you anyway, what are the most important things about you that you think(not that they said) made them choose you?
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 02, 2013
deols: This is to the married and engaged folks(men and women)- honest answers pls

Q. How important do you think beauty was to your partner while choosing you. Do you think your beauty played an important role?/ most important role? or do you think they would have chosen you anyway(even if you weren't as good looking)?

N.B- This is in relation to the beauty in terms of looks. Inner beauty is not what I am asking about.

Q.2- If they would have chosen you anyway, what are the most important things about you that you think(not that they said) made them choose you?
Thanks for ur reply on d other thread.
I suspected so.

Topic.
Yep,it matters. That was d first thing that attracted hubby.
To d 2nd kweshion, I was too open and real. I laid my cards on d table.the good,bad and ugly part of yellowpawpaw.
And too caring.
To d caring part,I was just being me not knowing that I was creating a lastin impression even to his family unknowingly.
Till date,these two r integral parts of our union. Always be open and real.
Hope I tried.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 02, 2013
Royal Roy:

Am all ears!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
U mister,step aside!

Let d married and engaged spoke!

Have u seen me?

I gave u one b4 and u were not sharp enof. B4 ur very eyes she was taken! Now u hv to join d line till e rich ya turn!
Next person pls!
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by amarula(f): 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2013
My name is Ama
I choose the username Amarula because I like the drink and it has the first three letters of my name.
I joined NL in search of a job.
I am an introvert, I love to read, listen to music, cook and hangout.
I am sadly single, sad because I love to be in relationship, give and receive love.
Love yam, rice, amala,and chicken.
Will do "anything" to protect children.
Currently in a job I don't like with a boss from hell.
People who inspire me on NL are CC, debrief, greatgod, sex killz, bellong and baba oyo.
I have an identical twin who gets on my last nerve.
And finally I am on d brink of depression.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 10:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
U mister,step aside!

Let d married and engaged spoke!

Have u seen me?

I gave u one b4 and u were not sharp enof. B4 ur very eyes she was taken! Now u hv to join d line till e rich ya turn!
Next person pls!

Hehehe......na CC pour sand-sand inside my garri.....I don't know what I did to her o!
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 10:15pm On Sep 02, 2013
deols:

Not married or engaged to anyone but I will aTtempt this question!!

Well, I didn't think my looks mattered to them. Most of the time it has to do with my swagger, confidence & humour that gets them attracted!!
So, yea, they would have picked me over any better looking guy!

deols:
I think my ability to sustain a good constructive conversation, making them laugh & still flirting loosely while at it.
Think am good at convincing people anyway.....my special gift. grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 10:20pm On Sep 02, 2013
amarula: My name is Ama
I choose the username Amarula because I like the drink and it has the first three letters of my name.
I am sadly single, sad because I love to be in relationship, give and receive love.
People who inspire me on NL are CC, debrief, greatgod, sex killz, bellong and baba oyo.

Welcome Amarula.....nice username & a lovely drink I must say!! Almost got addicted to it at a time! Please this thread is opened for you to discuss whatever is on your mind.

Don't let depression take over your beautiful mind. Speak out your frustrations & let it off your mind.

Your dream job is around the corner....just hold on....it is well with you!!!

P.s.....nairaland boyz will soon start sending pm to you soon...lollz...choose wisely.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by simple2004(m): 4:08am On Sep 03, 2013
@amarula, pls take it easy,what u think is d end of d road is actual a bend.always have a cheerful spirit cos guys resent depressed mind. concentrate on being cheerful both at work and home. always smile: its a window 2 tell others ur mind is @ home

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Kingauthur: 6:22am On Sep 03, 2013
deols: This is to the married and engaged folks(men and women)- honest answers pls

If u read my introduction u should know my own answer.
My husband did not marry me because of my look far be it.
Ye§ternite when I saw this question I asked him again and he said what I saw in u is more than outward beauty.
Funnily I never dated ordinary looking guys when I was single, if u are not extremely handsome I can't date u and they were always very devoted to me
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 6:50am On Sep 03, 2013
simple2004: @amarula, pls take it easy, what u think is d end of d road is actual a bend. Always have a cheerful spirit cos guys resent depressed mind. concentrate on being cheerful both at work and home. always smile: its a window 2 tell others ur mind is @ home

+ 1000
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 03, 2013
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by bellong: 7:39am On Sep 03, 2013
deols:

If beauty and handsomeness was her only criterion, she would have never looked at me twice...... I do not have that striking face to wow a lady.... She saw far beyond temporary measures...

deols:

This is an ambiguous question... She said I fit in perfectly to what she wants in a man and from life.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by bellong: 7:55am On Sep 03, 2013
amarula:

Amarula, singlehood as well as marriage are both gift from the creator. You will not be single forever no matter how long, so let this be at the back of your mind.... While waiting for the right guy, it will be good that you work on your perceived and known weakness so you can enjoy your marriage.

You know the areas you are very weak that need your attention. Whatever we do not deal with now has a way of dealing with us in the future. For example, if you have problem with anger, get books on anger management, etc and work on their suggested solutions. Pray along for God's help in the process. Study marriages around you and also in the holy books to find a balance for an happy home, so you can start having godly visions about what an ideal home should be.

For example. while living with mum, I hated telling anybody about my movements and I never liked staying at home discussing with family. Will walk out of the house and probably return earliest at 10pm. Sometimes I travel without prior information. My mum complained till she got tired and left me. At a point, she told me her pity is for the wife I would marry. Her words got to me and I had to work on this bad attitude. Before I got married, I overcame it completely. If my wife had married the old me, am sure my home will be a no go area due to no fault of hers but my inconsiderate act.

Your job with your boss is also temporary and you should not allow his evil rants to get at you. About 75% of boss, if not more, in Nigeria are slave-masters with no respect for their subordinates. Keep putting in your best to your work to gain experience for a greater height. He that is faithful in what is not his will surely be rewarded mightily.

The fact that you are alive is a testimony that hope is not lost. A living dog is better than a dead lion. When you start to consider things that are not working, why not devote time to thank God about the gift of life and prayers answered in the past. Whatever phase you are now will soon pass...Nothing is permanent in life.

It is well with you

3 Likes

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 03, 2013

One thing Ama, the world is a tough place, you have to get out there to find your happiness.
Being single should not make you sad, I had a nice time in my single life, now married, most activities i called fun reduced embarassed ..and I get the children kind of fun. What am saying, try to find your happiness, relationship does not give happiness.

My single days, I went out to the world, met ppl...give love and never expect to receive back. I gave mostly to the society, children around me, sometimes to go to club...dance it off, sometimes church for total cleansing tongue, sometimes you find me in the motherless children homes back in PH, sometimes my sisters friends house...what am saying,,,,try never to be alone. Go out to the world and never let someone hurt you. Tell them if you are hurt and move on.

You might be limited to cash sometimes for such movement, I tell you...then walk and refresh your head. Try changing your fashion sense, have an open mind and you will meet your other half. Don't give up, but since happiness might be difficult to find you, go get it! smiley

As for your boss, his time is limited until you get a better job you love.

Have fun
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 03, 2013

Beauty and smiles attracted him first, before my inner beauty in terms of intelligence, humor etc.

No. 2, hips don't lie, independence, my kind of work too. Mostly works with male and everyone wanted to be the guy tongue true story lipsrsealed
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by afrobaby(f): 9:16am On Sep 03, 2013
@Ama, welcome to the fun room, this is where it is really happening, lolz. I love amarula too, its my sleeping drink, and hubby, menh, he loves it so much.
Don't be sad about being single cause your time will come i remember when one of my siblings asked when I was gonna bring a man home, you are not getting younger u know, you know my response, I told her frankly, the masquarade that dances first becomes a spectator when others are dancing, life na turn by turn.
And to your job, my dear, we are in the same shoe, there are often time I just feel like slapping my boss or even resigning, but what can we do, it is a temporal thing.
All this single eligible and capable guys wey dey one nairaland still dey testrun or na test drive, abeg, eligible ladies dey look for una, personally, I have 3 friends who are waiting for una kind self, cool

@deaols,
Hubby says what got him to say this girl must not go, was my beauty and confidence. Then he would add, my chelsea and arsenal are a thing to behold and possess, lolz.
Then we got closer as friends, he saw that I was so real and natural, wifely, motherly etc, my head go just dey swell,
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by amarula(f): 10:03am On Sep 03, 2013
Thank you all for wonderful advice.
I try to be positive but there is so much negativity around me.
Glad I entered this thread
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by bellong: 10:05am On Sep 03, 2013
^^^^ Guard your heart diligently, do not let negative news and people infiltrate it.

Surround yourself with positive, strict and focused minded people. He that walks with the wise shall be wise.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Ngokafor(f): 10:58am On Sep 03, 2013
...Kind of new as a poster but registered a couple of years ago,Okay here goes...

...I am an Igbo babe from Anambra State,the last of five siblings and the only female in the midst of over-protective brothers!!...love them to bits though!!!

...Born in Lagos, secondary school was in Enugu, while University was in Benin...studied Bio-chemistry.

...Served in Cross-River State and is presently staying and working in Abuja. On leave right now..Thank God!!

...Engaged to one of the most awesome dudes around(ironically we are not from the same tribe!)..but I couldn't have asked for a more supportive,downn-to-earth and caring guy...he has a way of bringing out the best in me and sure do have a way with words..pls don't ask me how! grin ;

...I love reading novels..loads of them!!!!...listening to music...anything from Classical to Jazz to soul will do,however rap music is a no no for me....and of course spending time with my boo!.

...Nairaland is an interesting forum to be no doubt but gosh the politics section is something else!!! ..anyway these are pretty much all there is to know about me..see ya!
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 11:42am On Sep 03, 2013
Ngokafor:

I am an Igbo babe from Anambra State,the last of five siblings and the only female in the midst of over-protective brothers!!...love them to bits though!!!

...Engaged to one of the most awesome dudes around(ironically we are not from the same tribe!)..but I couldn't have asked for a more supportive,downn-to-earth and caring guy...he has a way of bringing out the best in me and sure do have a way with words..pls don't ask me how! grin ;

Welcome Ngokafor....nice to have you here!!
Interesting profile you've got. And I really appreciate that you & your fiance have found true love in a country filled with many bigots & lack of trust for each other's tribe!!

Be a shinning example to the people around you......the sky is your starting point.

All the best!!
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 11:45am On Sep 03, 2013
amarula: Thank you all for wonderful advice.
I try to be positive but there is so much negativity around me.
And lately I see so much news about suicide and I begin to think in that direction.
[size=28pt]Glad I entered this thread [/size]
God help me

God is already helping you by bringing you around to this thread, lots of sound & experienced minds to help you pull through in your daily struggles!!

Come back around whenever your heart is heavy, people will be willing to give you a helping hand!!!

AMA-RULA........yes of course....you are a RULER.........go on & rule your world!!!
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by simple2004(m): 1:39pm On Sep 03, 2013
@amarula. life's ful of neg. bt if d world give you lemon, make it into lemonade.last sat i came out n met an elderly man w heart prob begging me cos need 17k 4 test bt had only 2k.i forgot my prob cos i've never bn 2 hosp 4 over 10yrs. i thk God.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Ngokafor(f): 1:58pm On Sep 03, 2013
Royal Roy:

Welcome Ngokafor....nice to have you here!!
Interesting profile you've got. And I really appreciate that you & your fiance have found true love in a country filled with many bigots & lack of trust for each other's tribe!!

Be a shinning example to the people around you......the sky is your starting point.

All the best!!

Awwww double thanks for the warm welcome...and you are right about our country being filled with bigots.One thing I have learnt from all the shenanigans going on is that hatred, close-mindedness and bigotry is not the exclusive preserve of the whiteman AT All!!...but a human problem and much worse within the black race.....but me no send peeps wey wan kill themselves for nothing cos at this point in my life all I can say is...life's good!!!!

...nice thread by the way.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Ngokafor(f): 2:51pm On Sep 03, 2013

...ermm would have loved to talk more about the inner beauty but since you've struck that out, then I guess I'll make do with the physical....I wouldn't classify myself as beautiful as such cos that sounds so vain,but I know I can be easy on the eyes wink...would he have chosen me if he didn't find me attractive??...maybe and maybe not I don't really know.According to him,he knows enough about women to know that as much as the outer beauty is what attracts a man at first, the inner one is what will keep him...his words not mine!! grin

In my opinion,judging and accepting anyone based on their outward appearance alone is so shallow cos no one can help how they look to a large extent...I have met quite a number of 'fine' people who I couldn't stand subsequently undecided.....with a little bit of cash and self-confidence the regular 'unattractive' person can be made beautiful.

...on the other hand,no amount of money can change or polish an obnoxious character...they become worse sef with more money.

3 Likes

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 3:18pm On Sep 03, 2013
Ngokafor:

I know I can be easy on the eyes wink...
Nice....Love your choice of word!

Ngokafor:
According to him,he knows enough about women to know that as much as the outer beauty is what attracts a man at first, the inner one is what will keep him...his words not mine!! grin
A very sensible man.

Ngokafor:
...on the other hand,no amount of money can change or polish an obnoxious character...they become worse sef with more money.

Give this woman 5000 rounds of applause!! You already made my day!
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by deols(f): 5:36pm On Sep 03, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Thanks for ur reply on d other thread.
I suspected so.

Topic.
Yep,it matters. That was d first thing that attracted hubby.
To d 2nd kweshion, I was too open and real. I laid my cards on d table.the good,bad and ugly part of yellowpawpaw.
And too caring.
To d caring part,I was just being me not knowing that I was creating a lastin impression even to his family unknowingly.
Till date,these two r integral parts of our union. Always be open and real.
Hope I tried.

oh yeah..so he was attracted to your pawpawishness? lol.

but do u think if you weren't that hawt! or not hawt at all and you were as caring as you are and laid out your cards, he would still have married you??
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by deols(f): 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2013

awwww. dont be depressed pleaseee.Is it about the job, your boss, twin or not being in a relationship

anyways sha, be happy smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (504) (Reply)

House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.