Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) (34105 Views)

Aisha Buhari Visits The Olubadan Of Ibadan In His Palace. Pic / Throwback Photo Of Bukola Saraki & His Dad In The 60s / Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by agbameta: 1:54am On Sep 02, 2013
ShymmexLion:

But they had the opportunity to elect good leaders when democracy returned, why did they choose the worst set of uneducated riff-raff to lord over them? They chose people who shouldn't even be allowed to lead cows to govern them. They need to take responsibilities for that.

The damage was done by the military and that lasted for decades. I don't think the people of Ibadan honestly voted for and elected corrupt clowns like Akala/PDP.

All that s even water under the bridge, they have a new and responsible leadership now..

Again, you anger is very misplaced..
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by Sagamite(m): 10:03am On Sep 02, 2013
Rossikk:
Those ''baboons'' are responsible for your very education,

What education did they give me? grin grin grin grin grin grin

A useless one?

Have you seen Nigerian "graduates" talk on NL? Can they even reason?

Let me give you example of our "educated" grin grin grin grin grin grin:

https://www.nairaland.com/1418984/messi-accused-bullying-insulting-team-mates/3#17797203
https://www.nairaland.com/1418984/messi-accused-bullying-insulting-team-mates/4#17801806
https://www.nairaland.com/1418984/messi-accused-bullying-insulting-team-mates/4#17814569

The education the baboons are giving people is churning out majority unemployable fucktards.

My education in Nigeria was a waste. Thank God, I am naturally intelligent otherwise dem for don ruin my life. It was when I got to the UK that I got the real education from oyinbo for free. They gave me free healthcare and supported my entire life.

The good education my papa get was the foundation that oyinbo set before the baboons came to destroy.

Rossikk:
whereas had your British masters still been in power, you would most likely have grown up illiterate, given the pitiful 12% literacy rate at independence, and the fact that after 63 years in power, they built for your country only a half university, just as they were about to be kicked out. As well as infant mortality rate at 260 per 1000 (compared to 72 per 100 today and falling). You might not even have made it out of your formative years. You really should be thankful for independence.

And how many universities did you build in the 10,000 or more years you were there before oyinbo?

What was the mortality rate before oyinbo came? Maybe I would not have made it past infancy if they did not come.

Rossikk:
You need to understand that corruption started under the colonialists. How else do you explain ruling and exploiting a nations's resources - groundnut, cocoa, iron ore, rubber, palm oil, coal etc for 100 years and at the end of it, there's not a single university in the country? No national grid? We produced just 270 mw at independence. Electricity was unknown outside a few cities.

But I thought you said the baboons came to improve things?

How come they made corruption a national culture and honour?

What electricity have they built after finding easy money that they did not need to work hard for (Oil)?

Rossikk:
Corruption actually REDUCED DRASTICALLY after independence. So instead of 95% of our annual export earnings being siphoned to London as occurred under the Brits, maybe 30% was siphoned by the new Nigerian rulers. That was why there was suddenly more money to build thousands of schools, hospitals and roads after independence.

Please provide evidence for this claim.

You know I don't tolerate conjectures in debate. Thanks to the education oyinbo gave me.

If I did not get that oyinbo education, maybe I would have been making and accepting conjectures as the bonafide truth.

Rossikk:
Do you consider yourself inferior to a white man? You shouldn't. It's only been in the last 250 years or so out of 20,000 years of recorded human history that the European has been dominant, owing to the industrial revolution that occurred in his domain. Surely if he was superior to all he would have been advanced thousands of years ago and not just a few hundred? Before the industrial revolution all races were roughly equal in technology, politics and economy.

I consider all men alive or dead inferior to me or, at best, a minute few on par.

Nah. Europeans have been dominant for more than 600 years, not 250 years. That is more than 20 generations.

Rossikk:
Wrong. The British Raj was not established until 1858, just 40 years or so before the colonisation of Nigeria.

You must be having a laugh.

The British have been in India since about 1600 and something.
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by Rossikk(m): 10:44am On Sep 02, 2013
Sagamite:

What education did they give me? grin grin grin grin grin grin

A useless one?

Maybe so, which is why you are useless.

Have you seen Nigerian "graduates" talk on NL? Can they even reason?

I am a Nigerian graduate as well as foreign graduated. I'm sure I reason pretty well. You are reasoning like a colonised donkey despite your claimed western education.

Let me give you example of our "educated" grin grin grin grin grin grin:

https://www.nairaland.com/1418984/messi-accused-bullying-insulting-team-mates/4#17814569

My education in Nigeria was a waste.

You are lousy to claim this. Could you read and write, calculate, theorise etc after your Nigerian education? If so, then shut your ungrateful, spiteful lips and be grateful to God for Nigerian independence. The alternative was a big fat NOTHING under British rule, which would have confined you to the village as a farmer, hunter, carpenter, tailor, or shoemaker for the rest of your days just like your grandparents.

Thank God, I am naturally intelligent otherwise dem for don ruin my life.

You are no more 'naturally intelligent' than all the millions of illiterates we had at independence. You are who you are today because of Nigerian rule and the education that bequeathed you. We know your inferiority complex and self hate will never allow you give credit to people of your colour for saving you from illiteracy and poverty. But that's between you and your therapist and psychiatrist.

It was when I got to the UK that I got the real education from oyinbo for free.

More garbled falsehood and rubbish. As someone who got his first degree in Nigeria and then in the UK and the US I can tell you for free that a Nigerian university education is far MORE tasking and demanding academically, than a UK degree, or worse, a US one. Anyone who schooled abroad will know this: Their standards are far less demanding than in Nigeria. You really don't need to study too hard to get a degree there. In fact, months before exams, you know exactly what questions to expect. So spare us all this white worship.

The good education my papa get was the foundation that oyinbo set before the baboons came to destroy.

What education did your father get under the British? Bearing in mind they built no university in the country in their 63 year rule. You must be referring to hunting rabbits as education. Or do you mean primary? Lucky him. The overwhelming majority of Nigerians saw no education at all under the British.

And how many universities did you build in the 10,000 or more years you were there before oyinbo?

More important is how many were built AFTER they left? That number is 127 as at today. THANK GOD FOR INDIGENOUS RULE, OR THAT NUMBER WOULD BE 2 OR 3 TODAY IF WE ARE LUCKY.

What was the mortality rate before oyinbo came? Maybe I would not have made it past infancy if they did not come.

How do you know, since you don't know the mortality rate 'before they came'? Or is that your inferiority complex and self hate talking again?

But I thought you said the baboons came to improve things?

How come they made corruption a national culture and honour?

The baboons educated you so you must be a gorilla. No, corruption became a national culture in 1914 following the fraudulent, corrupt amalgamation of Nigeria done without the input or approval of Africans, and furthered over a century by rampant theft and embezzlement of our resources by the colonialists, even as slaves like you kissed their butts.

What electricity have they built after finding easy money that they did not need to work hard for (Oil)?

At 6000 megawatts installed capacity, a lot more than the 270 megawatts the British left you with after a century in power! Today we have light in villages and cities even though intermittent. Under colonialism, villages, where the majority lived, were completely neglected. Only a tiny few Nigerians knew what electricity was in 1960. The colonialists did not need to 'work hard' to exploit and sell our palm oil, rubber, cocoa, groundnuts, tin and coal, in their day because they never did any work personally. It was Nigerians that did all the work.

Please provide evidence for this claim.

You know I don't tolerate conjectures in debate. Thanks to the education oyinbo gave me.

Evidence for what claim? That the colonialists embezzled 95% percent of our annual income during their rule? What evidence do you need to realize that? WHAT DID THEY BUILD IN THOSE 100 YEARS OF EXPORTING OUR RESOURCES? A MAN COMES AND SEIZES YOUR LAND AND RESOURCES, AND AFTER 100 YEARS LEAVES YOU WITH A BUSH, AND YOU STILL ASK FOR ''EVIDENCE'' THAT HE EMBEZZLED ALL YOUR EARNINGS? You must be REALLY BRAINWASHED. OR MAYBE YOU DRANK OGOGORO. WHAT A WASTE OF YOUR 'OYIBO EDUCATION' to ask such a dumb question.

Nah. Europeans have been dominant for more than 600 years, not 250 years. That is more than 20 generations.

No, they have not been dominant for 600 years unless in your addled brain. 600 years ago they were in the Dark Ages and it was black African Moors and later, Arabs who were busy lifting them out of poverty, illiteracy and disease. In fact the industrial revolution would not have occurred without the black Africans and Arabs lifting the Europeans out of their destitution. You need to study history.

You must be having a laugh.

The British have been in India since about 1600 and something.

We are not talking of when they were ''in'' India, but when they fully colonised the place and that was in 1858.
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 02, 2013
Rossike you're, sorry to say hopelessly pro-nigerian.

I understand some of your points and agree them, but you must understand that if the whites hadn't come into our territories we wouldn't even know what civilisation is (pls, don't tell me about egpyt or insibidi or any such nonsense).

Maybe the whites didn't do as much as they should have for us, but we got exploited because we didn't know any better, take it or leave it, the whites are intellectually superior to the black race.
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by Sagamite(m): 11:06am On Sep 02, 2013
Rossikk:
Maybe so, which is why you are useless.

I am a Nigerian graduate as well as foreign graduated. I'm sure I reason pretty well. You are reasoning like a colonised donkey despite your claimed western education.

I am useless?

You are a person! grin grin grin

You reason pretty well? grin grin grin grin grin

That is why you ran from this thread the minute you saw me on it? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1407845/expatriates-indepth-analysis-corruption-nigeria/7#17664964

https://www.nairaland.com/1407845/expatriates-indepth-analysis-corruption-nigeria/11#17682621

You think you reason pretty well? With that shallow analysis? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Is that what your professors in Nigeria told you was reasoning well?

Lets see just a snippet of what people think about your reasoning, cretinous product of a failed education system:

https://www.nairaland.com/1407845/expatriates-indepth-analysis-corruption-nigeria/10#17674766

https://www.nairaland.com/1407845/expatriates-indepth-analysis-corruption-nigeria/10#17676227

https://www.nairaland.com/1407845/expatriates-indepth-analysis-corruption-nigeria/10#17680373

You picked race when you saw me on the thread? grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1407845/expatriates-indepth-analysis-corruption-nigeria/11#17684819

Rossikk:
You are lousy to claim this. Could you read and write, calculate, theorise etc after your Nigerian education? If so, then shut your ungrateful, spiteful lips and be grateful to God for Nigerian independence. The alternative was a big fat NOTHING under British rule, which would have confined you to the village as a farmer, hunter, carpenter, tailor, or shoemaker for the rest of your days just like your grandparents.

You are no more 'naturally intelligent' than all the millions of illiterates we had at independence. You are who you are today because of Nigerian rule and the education that bequeathed you. We know your inferiority complex and self hate will never allow you give credit to people of your colour for saving you from illiteracy and poverty. But that's between you and your therapist and psychiatrist.

More garbled falsehood and rubbish. As someone who got his first degree in Nigeria and then in the UK and the US I can tell you for free that a Nigerian university education is far MORE tasking and demanding academically, than a UK degree, or worse, a US one. Anyone who schooled abroad will know this: Their standards are far less demanding than in Nigeria. You really don't need to study too hard to get a degree there. In fact, months before exams, you know exactly what questions to expect. So spare us all this white worship.

What education did your father get under the British? Bearing in mind they built no university in the country in their 63 year rule. You must be referring to hunting rabbits as education. Or do you mean primary? Lucky him. The overwhelming majority of Nigerians saw no education at all under the British.

More important is how many were built AFTER they left? That number is 127 as at today. THANK GOD FOR INDIGENOUS RULE, OR THAT NUMBER WOULD BE 2 OR 3 TODAY IF WE ARE LUCKY.

How do you know, since you don't know the mortality rate 'before they came'? Or is that your inferiority complex and self hate talking again?

The baboons educated you so you must be a gorilla. No, corruption became a national culture in 1914 following the fraudulent, corrupt amalgamation of Nigeria done without the input or approval of Africans, and furthered over a century by rampant theft and embezzlement of our resources by the colonialists, even as slaves like you kissed their butts.

at 6000 watts installed capacity, a lot more than the 270 watts the British left you with after a century in power! Today we have light in villages and cities. Under colonialism, villages, where the majority lived, were completly neglected. Only a tiny few Nigerians knew what electricity was in 1960. The colonialists did not need to 'work hard' to exploit our palm oil, rubber, cocoa, groundnuts, tin and coal, in their day because they never did any work personally. It was Nigerians that did all the work.

Evidence for what claim? That the colonialists embezzled 95% percent of annual income during their rule? What evidence do you need to realise that? WHAT DID THEY BUILD IN THOSE 100 YEARS OF EXPORTING OUR RESOURCES? A MAN COMES AND SEIZES YOUR LAND AND RESOURCES, AND AFTER 100 YEARS LEAVES YOU WITH A BUSH, AND YOU STILL ASK FOR 'EVIDENCE' THAT HE EMBEZZLED ALL YOUR EARNINGS? You must be REALLY BRAINWASHED. WHAT A WASTE OF YOUR 'OYIBO EDUCATION' to ask such a question.

No they have not been dominant for 600 years unless in your addled brain. 600 years ago they were in the Dark Ages and it was black African Moors who were busy lifting them out of poverty, illiteracy and disease. You need to study history.

We are not talking of when they were ''in'' India, but when they fully colonised the place and that was in 1858.

Lets park the rest for a while. Let me first slaughter you on your moronic assertion that you "reason pretty well" despite the fact you ran from me. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by Rossikk(m): 11:09am On Sep 02, 2013
django1: Rossike you're, sorry to say hopelessly pro-nigerian.

I understand some of your points and agree them, but you must understand that if the whites hadn't come into our territories we wouldn't even know what civilisation is (pls, don't tell me about egpyt or insibidi or any such nonsense).

You are a sad product of colonial miseducation. Of course the entry of foreigners aided in our advancement, but the same could be said of the whites themselves. They would never have emerged from their caves, and later on from the dark ages without Africans and Arabs who took civilization to them. Have you heard of the Moors? I mean, human civilization is something that ALL RACES had a part in. For you to simply ignore what other races did only to focus on white worship is a sign of colonial miseducation. As Marley said, ''EMANCIPATE YOURSELF FROM MENTAL SLAVERY''.

Maybe the whites didn't do as much as they should have for us, but we got exploited because we didn't know any better, take it or leave it, the whites are intellectually superior to the black race.

They are ''intellectually superior'' to YOU and your (apparently) dumb family, NOT to the 'black race'. The 'black race' invented mathematics, literacy, architecture, the sciences, international trade (with Asia), astronomy, religion, and law. Go and read history and stop thinking like a cursed slave.

One last thing. Learn to think beyond your nose. Every race on earth has had its time at the helm of world affairs. Life is a merry-go-round. Nothing stays permanent. The same whites you think are 'superior' to everyone else will one day be begging for visas to enter Africa and Asia for a better life. That's the way the world works. In fact it's already happening. Go to the Angolan embassy in Portugal and see how many Portuguese are queuing up for visa and being turned away from Angola. African and Asian economies are the fastest growing on earth today while Europe stagnates. In a few decades time, that could start to change the global status quo significantly...
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 02, 2013
Rossikk:

You are a sad product of colonial miseducation. Of course the entry of foreigners aided in our advancement, but the same could be said of the whites themselves. They would never have emerged from their caves, and later on from the dark ages without African and Arabs who took civilization to them. Have you heard of the Moors? I mean, human civilization is something that ALL RACES had a part in. For you to simply ignore what other races did only to focus on white worship is a sign of colonial miseducation. As Marley said, ''EMANCIPATE YOURSELF FROM MENTAL SLAVERY''.

They are intellectually superior to YOU and your (apparently) dumb family, NOT to the 'black race'. The 'black race' invented mathematics, literacy, architecture, the sciences, international trade (with Asia), astronomy, religion, and law. Go and read history and stop thinking like a slave.

You're very silly rossike! What do you have against my family?

What good thing has ever come from your family? What contribution have your family made to better the human race?

For you to argue against something so glaring means you're highly deluded.

What major invention/innovation ever come out of black africa?

Keep deluding yourself and your family members in your black power while the white folks are advancing in science andtechnology mugu!
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by Rossikk(m): 11:27am On Sep 02, 2013
django1:

You're very silly rossike! What do you have against my family?

They are dumb compared to whites. You said so yourself. In fact you believe you are a dunce compared to the next white guy. Don't you? Why are you upset?

For you to argue against something so glaring means you're highly deluded.

The only thing 'glaring' is your self-imposed inferiority and self-hate. You are a colonial caricature and a disgrace to the African continent.

What major invention/innovation ever come out of black africa?

See my thread: 12 Great African inventions that changed the world:

https://www.nairaland.com/981268/12-great-african-inventions-changed

Keep deluding yourself and your family members in your black power while the white folks are advancing in science and technology mugu!

Keep drinking the milk of inferiority, you slaveboy with nothing upstairs, even as your fellow Nigerians are advancing in science and technology by manufacturing their own vehicles (INNOSON), building their own satellites (Nigersat) and manufacturing their own computers (Zinox).

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 02, 2013
[size=18pt]Damn I never thought I would ever find myself agreeing with Rossikk.

Some of the inferiority complexes and self-hate being displayed by Nigerians here is quite frankly sickening!

The problem with Nigeria is exactly that inferiority complex which allows white nations to decieve us and keep us from developing.

Africa was civilised organised with well functioning societies before colonisation.

Did you know that there were somethings and technologies that the "white man" learnt from Africans?

Did you know that the science of of metallurgy being thought in universities all over the world originated in Eastern Nigeria?

There is many facts about African inventions that we do not hear and may never hear about.

Our problem in Nigeria is ourselves , you and I - especially the youth who do not have any expectation of their govt to provide us with with even the basic minimalist level of governance.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by Rossikk(m): 11:36am On Sep 02, 2013
GenBuhari: [size=18pt]Damn I never thought I would ever find myself agreeing with Rossikk.

Some of the inferiority complexes and self-hate being displayed by Nigerians here is quite frankly sickening!

The problem with Nigeria is exactly that inferiority complex which allows white nations to decieve us and keep us from developing.

[/size]

Thank you very much. Shebi you saw where the guy (django 1) said whites were ''intellectually superior to blacks''. So when a white guy approaches someone like him to sell his people down the river, will he not do so without thinking twice? I can even see him smiling ear to ear with the words ''massa, yes please, all the land is yours. Take it all! Can I kiss your butt some more, massa?'' Is this the sort of person you would like as leader of Nigeria or any black country? God forbid!
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by warrior01: 11:40am On Sep 02, 2013
@Rossike, I doff my hat for you bro. Gosh! Hate to see people with low self esteem. They have been so brainwashed to the extent that they don't even believe in themselves anymore.
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by Sagamite(m): 11:44am On Sep 02, 2013
Rossike, I am still waiting for you to defend you claim that you reason pretty well o. grin grin grin grin grin

person, don't run from Sagamite this time too. grin grin grin grin

Have some liver. wink

Let me slaughter that liver. cheesy
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by Rossikk(m): 11:45am On Sep 02, 2013
warrior01: @Rossike, I doff my hat for you bro. Gosh! Hate to see people with low self esteem. They have been so brainwashed to the extent that they don't even believe in themselves anymore.

Thanks bro... I reckon people like this will start to fade out soon, as more development and information comes to our lands. They are still suffering the mental effects of colonialism, which only ended 50 odd years ago - a very short time in historical terms. For now you can be sure that people like that will never buy Nigerian made items, or even African made goods. All they will wish for is white/foreign made etc. It is left to us who are intelligent, to think and act differently, in our interests, and to encourage our kids to do same.
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by Sagamite(m): 11:53am On Sep 02, 2013
Yep, I knew you don't have the liver. grin grin grin grin grin

I have intellectually slaughtered you on NL several times for you to know better.

You actually exhibit some intelligence by always running from my slaughter. grin grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 02, 2013
Rossikk:

They are dumb compared to whites. You said so yourself. In fact you believe you are a dunce compared to the next white guy. Don't you? Why are you upset?

The only thing 'glaring' is your self-imposed inferiority and self-hate. You are a colonial caricature and a disgrace to the African continent.

See my thread: 12 Great African inventions that changed the world:

https://www.nairaland.com/981268/12-great-african-inventions-changed

Keep drinking the milk of inferiority, you slaveboy with nothing upstairs, even as your fellow Nigerians are advancing in science and technology by manufacturing their own vehicles (INNOSON), building their own satellites (Nigersat) and manufacturing their own computers (Zinox).

They might be dumb compared to whites but yours are dumb compared to monkeys.

I asked for inventions from black africa and you're telling me about "speech", son you stupid! White people weren't talking before abi? Na africans go teach them how to talk?

You're irredeemably stupid, if not for blackman's backwardness and your own personal stupidity what is worth celebrating in innoson. Chinko assembly plant, when the whites have been building cars for almost 200 years?

Zinox computers? What contribution have they made in the history of computer? Just because they can 'copy' and 'paste' technology now means they are at par with the white inventors who still make better computers than them by the way?

Tell us now what useful technology was invented in black africa?
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by warrior01: 12:00pm On Sep 02, 2013
Rossikk
Pls try and ignore some riff raff that uses left hand to describe his father's house
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 02, 2013
Some people with stupid racial pride can't see beyond their inflated ego.

If the white didn't come probably we would have killed each other off by now. By the time the whites came, the country was engulf in inter and intra tribal warfare, cannibalism and ritual sacrifices, killing of twins and territory expansionism, they came and brought a little enlightenment that gave people like rossike who could have been sacrificed to the "gods" to appease them for yearly rain mouth to talk nonsense here?

When you go to hospitals which one among the drugs or instruments were from our forefathers ehn?

When you travel from one place to the other I hope you do so one donkeys, because your forefathers have no hand in development of automobile, infact stop using the computer as no one from your lineage contributed to its development.
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by primeson1(m): 12:30pm On Sep 02, 2013
See how guys are abusing themselves..... All because of IBADAN.
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by Rossikk(m): 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2013
django1: Some people with stupid racial pride can't see beyond their inflated ego.

If the white didn't come probably we would have killed each other off by now.

Africans survived and thrived for 50,000 years before the white man came, without killing themselves off. No reason to suppose that would have changed.

By the time the whites came, the country was engulf in inter and intra tribal warfare, cannibalism and ritual sacrifices, killing of twins and territory expansionism

Was that what your colonialist handbook and tarzan movies taught you? You do realise that Europe was engulfed in various massacres and genocides of populations across the world right about that same time and before, do you?

they came and brought a little enlightenment that gave people like rossike who could have been sacrificed to the "gods" to appease them for yearly rain mouth to talk nonsense here?

But far more Africans have died in their 'enlightenment campaign' than the one or two virgins sacrificed for rain per year in some town. Do you know that the Belgians slaughtered nearly ten million people in the Congo as part of their 'enlightenment efforts', and seized resources worth trillions of dollars in today's money? Many of those victims would have preferred the annual sacrifice of a virgin for rain, to ten million sacrifices to your white gods' economic benefit surely?

When you go to hospitals which one among the drugs or instruments were from our forefathers ehn?

Nigeria is currently developing a systematic traditional medicine profile which will be integrated with the current health system. African medicine, though long neglected, is among the world's most ancient, potent and dynamic forms of medicine. All it needs is Africans like yourself, instead of remaining perpetual slaves and admirers of whites, to recognise, upgrade, package, and imbue with research funds, just like the Chinese have done with theirs.

When you travel from one place to the other I hope you do so one donkeys, because your forefathers have no hand in development of automobile, in fact stop using the computer as no one from your lineage contributed to its development.

Yawn.... The whites had no hand in the invention of architecture, geometry, mathematics, trade and politics. The discovery of mining. Without all those inventions by non-whites, there would be no automobile and no computer, and your failure to give credit to ALL the races of God who contributed to this modern world is a serious intellectual and moral failing on your part.

Interestingly enough, the British colonisers, thieving as they were, still had the decency to recognise Africa's role in creating modern civilization:

This, from the woman who gave Nigeria its very name:

Excerpts:

Flora Shaw's (alias Lady Flora Lugard) book A Tropical Dependency: An Outline of the Ancient History of the Western Sudan With an Account of the Modern Settlement of Northern Nigeria, (1900) is an extraordinary look at the history of Africa, which she gathered from countless sources, and one would imagine a great deal of it came from the British Library and from the archives of The Times of London, for whom she had for many years been the Foreign Political Correspondent. She had always been known to be an intensive researcher into her subject matter, and one wonders at the months and probably years she put into this undertaking, which became the reference work for so many future books on Africa. This book was first published 100 years ago showing with detail and descriptive power, the greatness that Africa once was. Lady Lugard argues that:

"When the history of Negroland comes to be written in detail, it may be found that the kingdoms lying towards the eastern end of Sudan (classical home of Ancient Ethiopians) were the home of races who inspired, rather than of races who received, the tradition of civilization associated for us with the name of ancient Egypt. For they cover on either side of the Upper Nile between the latitudes of ten degrees and seventeen degrees, territories in which are found monuments more ancient than the oldest Egyptian monuments. If this should prove to be the case and civilized world be forced to recognize in a black people the fount of its original enlightenment, it may happen that we shall have to revise entirely our view of the black races, and regard those who now exist as the decadent representatives of an almost forgotten era, rather than as the embryonic possibility of an era yet to come."

"The fame of the ancient Ethiopians (ancient Kushites) was widespread in ancient history. Herodotus described them as the.. most beautiful and long-lived of the human races, and before Herodotus, Homer, in even more flattering language, described them as the most just of men, the favorites of the gods. The annals of all the great early nations of Asia Minor are full of them. The Mosaic records allude to them frequently; but while they are described as the most powerful, the most just, and the most beautiful of the human race, they are constantly spoken of as Black, and there seems to be no other conclusion to be drawn than at that remote period of history, the leading race of the Western World was a Black race."

Lady Lugard/Flora Shaw Lugard, Asa G. Hilliard, III, A Tropical Dependency: An Outline of the Ancient History of the Western Sudan With an Account of the Modern Settlement of Northern Nigeria (1900)

http://wysinger.homestead.com/blackegypt101.html

If the colonialists themselves have researched and published this, what does one say to an African who says Africa contributed nothing to the world? Such a person obviously needs education...

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by agbameta: 2:26pm On Sep 02, 2013
Rossikk:

Africans survived and thrived for 50,000 years before the white man came, without killing themselves off. No reason to suppose that would have changed.

Was that what your colonialist handbook and tarzan movies taught you? You do realise that Europe was engulfed in various massacres and genocides of populations across the world right about that same time and before, do you?

But far more Africans have died in their 'enlightenment campaign' than the one or two virgins sacrificed for rain per year in some town. Do you know that the Belgians slaughtered nearly ten million people in the Congo as part of their 'enlightenment efforts', and seized resources worth trillions of dollars in today's money? Many of those victims would have preferred the annual sacrifice of a virgin for rain, to ten million sacrifices to your white gods' economic benefit surely?

Nigeria is currently developing a systematic traditional medicine profile which will be integrated with the current health system. African medicine, though long neglected, is among the world's most ancient, potent and dynamic forms of medicine. All it needs is Africans like yourself, instead of remaining perpetual slaves and admirers of whites, to recognise, upgrade, package, and imbue with research funds, just like the Chinese have done with theirs.

Yawn.... The whites had no hand in the invention of architecture, geometry, mathematics, trade and politics. The discovery of mining. Without all those inventions by non-whites, there would be no automobile and no computer, and your failure to give credit to ALL the races of God who contributed to this modern world is a serious intellectual and moral failing on your part.

Interestingly enough, the British colonisers, thieving as they were, still had the decency to recognise Africa's role in creating modern civilization:

This, from the woman who gave Nigeria its very name:

Excerpts:

Flora Shaw's (alias Lady Flora Lugard) book A Tropical Dependency: An Outline of the Ancient History of the Western Sudan With an Account of the Modern Settlement of Northern Nigeria, (1900) is an extraordinary look at the history of Africa, which she gathered from countless sources, and one would imagine a great deal of it came from the British Library and from the archives of The Times of London, for whom she had for many years been the Foreign Political Correspondent. She had always been known to be an intensive researcher into her subject matter, and one wonders at the months and probably years she put into this undertaking, which became the reference work for so many future books on Africa. This book was first published 100 years ago showing with detail and descriptive power, the greatness that Africa once was. Lady Lugard argues that:

"When the history of Negroland comes to be written in detail, it may be found that the kingdoms lying towards the eastern end of Sudan (classical home of Ancient Ethiopians) were the home of races who inspired, rather than of races who received, the tradition of civilization associated for us with the name of ancient Egypt. For they cover on either side of the Upper Nile between the latitudes of ten degrees and seventeen degrees, territories in which are found monuments more ancient than the oldest Egyptian monuments. If this should prove to be the case and civilized world be forced to recognize in a black people the fount of its original enlightenment, it may happen that we shall have to revise entirely our view of the black races, and regard those who now exist as the decadent representatives of an almost forgotten era, rather than as the embryonic possibility of an era yet to come."

"The fame of the ancient Ethiopians (ancient Kushites) was widespread in ancient history. Herodotus described them as the.. most beautiful and long-lived of the human races, and before Herodotus, Homer, in even more flattering language, described them as the most just of men, the favorites of the gods. The annals of all the great early nations of Asia Minor are full of them. The Mosaic records allude to them frequently; but while they are described as the most powerful, the most just, and the most beautiful of the human race, they are constantly spoken of as Black, and there seems to be no other conclusion to be drawn than at that remote period of history, the leading race of the Western World was a Black race."

Lady Lugard/Flora Shaw Lugard, Asa G. Hilliard, III, A Tropical Dependency: An Outline of the Ancient History of the Western Sudan With an Account of the Modern Settlement of Northern Nigeria (1900)

http://wysinger.homestead.com/blackegypt101.html

If the colonialists themselves have researched and published this, what does one say to an African who says Africa contributed nothing to the world? Such a person obviously needs education...

^^^^^^^ I still don't see what your endless rants and insane rubbish got to do with Ibadan or even your present reality.

Clowns like you are just too useless for your own good and the society because all you have to offer and your primary preoccupation is your white phobia and white man complex.

All your white man's fixation is a refelction of your own mental failure as a man and as a black man, you've incapacitated yourself from doing better and contributing to the society because of your deluded and missplaced expextations from the white man. You have serious inferiority complext and lack of ability to move on and do better in life.

Clowns like you love to blame to blame other people for your own failure and lack of progress.

The black man is so great, but who wrecked all the infrastructures the same white folks left after independence? The white man or your lazy, corrupt and incompetent black men that took over.?

When they left, they gave a functional rail system, but you wrecked it in no time.

You need to get your head out of the white man'ss assss and come up for air and reality...

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by mandarin: 2:35pm On Sep 02, 2013
agbameta:

How do you reconcile agreeing with that lack of self worth discrediting what Awolowo did and at the same time praise Awolowo and knowledge his legacy?

The first Highrise in Nigeria was built by Nigerians, it was built by the Western Regional government under the ledership of Awolowo, it was built with our own Cocoa funds and not British money.

This achievement was ours, it was Nigerian, it was a tenplate to show the rest of Nigeria and Africa what we are capable of doing and what unfortunately we were not able to replicate all over Ibadan itself or in the rest of the SW and Nigeria in general.

How do you support denying yourself possitve aspects of your own histriy, your own local and indegenous achievments like beaing able to score so many first in Africa?

Do you think if it was folks from other countries like Ghana, they'll discount and belitle their own source of pride on your behalf?

Regardless of our shorcormings, we can not bastardly relegate our ousrselves and throw our history and ride in the gutter.

We did not see the second, the third, the fourth, the fifth or even the 100th or even taller highrise because the government and the people responsible for these accomplishments was terminated and power was sent to folks without the region's interests in their hearts, it was transfered to incompetent people and thoughtless military admnistration.

Fortunetely for us, the region is back in the hands of capable and respomnsible people determined to restore these infrastructures and do more for coming generarions.

And to buttress your point, the Ogba/Ikeja industrial estate was also built by Awolowo which formed the backbone of the later Lagos state. You can criticize whatever but the truth is that in the history of Nigeria, no one can lay claim to what he achieved.
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by Rossikk(m): 5:35pm On Sep 02, 2013
agbameta:

^^^^^^^ I still don't see what your endless rants and insane rubbish got to do with Ibadan or even your present reality.
I wasn't addressing you, you tout.

Clowns like you are just too useless for your own good and the society because all you have to offer and your primary preoccupation is your white phobia and white man complex.

Why don't you just shut up and let educated people speak? Whites were part of our history and you show yourself up as an illiterate if you find it an annoyance to discuss issues involving them.

All your white man's fixation is a refelction of your own mental failure as a man and as a black man, you've incapacitated yourself from doing better and contributing to the society because of your deluded and missplaced expextations from the white man. You have serious inferiority complext and lack of ability to move on and do better in life.

Save your ignorant bitterness for your life's frustrations. I'm no part of it.

Clowns like you love to blame to blame other people for your own failure and lack of progress.

Ignorant dunces like you hate education and enlightenment, such as I'm giving you.

The black man is so great, but who wrecked all the infrastructures the same white folks left after independence? The white man or your lazy, corrupt and incompetent black men that took over.?

When they left, they gave a functional rail system, but you wrecked it in no time.

Pray..What ''infrastructures'' did the colonialists leave? What rail? Their single gauge, antiquated (even for that period) rail line was a straight up north to south line which was meant for one thing alone: To evacuate your resources from the country. There were no rail lines that interconnected the cities and major centers to help boost trade within the country. This was why as soon as the colonialists left, the line became unviable. Foodstuffs and produce from the north was delivered across the country to feed people, as opposed to straight to southern ports for export while the masses starved.

It is only NOW that Jonathan is developing East-West Rail, high speed rail etc, while states are developing intracity rail services and light rail, which should all contribute meaningfully to our economy. Your British single gauge north south line was the only 'infrastructure' the British built, which is why that's all you colonial butt kissers ever mention. But it wasn't built for us. It was built for them. As for roads, Nigeria did not have her first expressway until several years after the colonialists were kicked out for non-performance by our heroes past. Electricity was confined to Ikoyi and GRA of a few cities. There were no power plants. The British imported massive generators to power parts of town like Ikoyi. So WHAT ''INFRASTRUCTURES'' did your colonial master leave here? Please don't insult our intelligence by claiming the British ''BUILT INFRASTRUCTURES''. MAYBE IN YOUR DREAMS THEY DID, BUT IN 1960 Nigeria was a big bush with barefoot kids running around and 90% illiteracy, so spare us your lies!!!

99% of infrastructure we have today, from roads to airports, to hospitals, to universities were built by the NIGERIAN govt. You have a problem with that, go jump in the Atlantic Ocean! In colonial times, a mere footpath led to my village. Today you can drive there on a proper tarred road. Same applies to thousands of Nigerian villages, so thank God for independence!!
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 02, 2013
Sagamite:

I am still waiting for your education on the last question I asked you o.

which is?
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by agbameta: 6:49pm On Sep 02, 2013
Rossikk:
[s]I wasn't addressing you, you tout.

Why don't you just shut up and let educated people speak? Whites were part of our history and you show yourself up as an illiterate if you find it an annoyance to discuss issues involving them.

Save your ignorant bitterness for your life's frustrations. I'm no part of it.

Ignorant dunces like you hate education and enlightenment, such as I'm giving you.

Pray..What ''infrastructures'' did the colonialists leave? What rail? Their single gauge, antiquated (even for that period) rail line was a straight up north to south line which was meant for one thing alone: To evacuate your resources from the country. There were no rail lines that interconnected the cities and major centers to help boost trade within the country. This was why as soon as the colonialists left, the line became unviable. Foodstuffs and produce from the north was delivered across the country to feed people, as opposed to straight to southern ports for export while the masses starved.

It is only NOW that Jonathan is developing East-West Rail, high speed rail etc, while states are developing intracity rail services and light rail, which should all contribute meaningfully to our economy. Your British single gauge north south line was the only 'infrastructure' the British built, which is why that's all you colonial butt kissers ever mention. But it wasn't built for us. It was built for them. As for roads, Nigeria did not have her first expressway until several years after the colonialists were kicked out for non-performance by our heroes past. Electricity was confined to Ikoyi and GRA of a few cities. There were no power plants. The British imported massive generators to power parts of town like Ikoyi. So WHAT ''INFRASTRUCTURES'' did your colonial master leave here? Please don't insult our intelligence by claiming the British ''BUILT INFRASTRUCTURES''. MAYBE IN YOUR DREAMS THEY DID, BUT IN 1960 Nigeria was a big bush with barefoot kids running around and 90% illiteracy, so spare us your lies!!!

99% of infrastructure we have today, from roads to airports, to hospitals, to universities were built by the NIGERIAN govt. You have a problem with that, go jump in the Atlantic Ocean! In colonial times, a mere footpath led to my village. Today you can drive there on a proper tarred road. Same applies to thousands of Nigerian villages, so thank God for independence[/s]

I see your asss is glued deep inside the white man's ass.

1. I asked you why the smartest and the most capable black men did not build rail system for us and instaed it was built by the colonialists?

2. How come the so called smart black men neglect and rubbish all the infrastructures the colonialists left?

3. How come after the departure of the colonialist and over $300 billion stolen and blown off by the smart and competent black men in Nigeria, Nigeria is still spending billions on lousy lovomotive trains the same colonialist left for you and the same ones that you damaged and let rot in 2013?

Olodo oponu buruku, you can cry till you turn blue and rage like a mad man against oyinbo people, reality remains that you are on your own, they are not comming back to wipe your asss for you, figure out how you can contribute to the development of your country and quit runing all over the internet mad and angry with oyinbo.

Look at this clown talking about high speed rail and some phantom GEJ projects?

You must be talking about the 2015 propaganda projects GEJ is borrowing and indebting Nigeria for with billions in borrow from every rif raf...

I'm sure the white man wont steal and pillage $300 billion and end up in debt and borrowing from everybody to repain airports and other absurd nonsense...

Your dumb asss GEJ spent biilions on lovomotive crap the white man left over 50 years ago and the worhtless crap still can not move 20 trains from Lagos to Kano without breaking down.

You are dumber and way way phuckedddd up than I thought...

STFU and go sell your fake black power rubbish to your kind...
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 02, 2013
django1:

I asked for inventions from black africa and you're telling me about "speech", son you stupid! White people weren't talking before abi? Na africans go teach them how to talk?

You're irredeemably stupid, if not for blackman's backwardness and your own personal stupidity what is worth celebrating in innoson. Chinko assembly plant, when the whites have been building cars for almost 200 years?

Zinox computers? What contribution have they made in the history of computer? Just because they can 'copy' and 'paste' technology now means they are at par with the white inventors who still make better computers than them by the way?

Zinox and Innoson are useless to u because u see tnz frm a tribalistic point of view.
Remind me of the 'copy n pastes' done from ur own ppl.
None. Absolutely none.
U ppl just go to sch n come back without trying out what d white man said in d books.
Dats literacy and not education.
U just swallow it hook,line and sinker And have d guts to underate innoson and Zinox.
See una life.
Read abt d owners of d two companies and see what dey mean when d word 'technocrat' is mentioned.
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 02, 2013
django1:

Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 02, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Zinox and Innoson are useless to u because u see tnz frm a tribalistic point of view.
Remind me of the 'copy n pastes' done from ur own ppl.
None. Absolutely none.
U ppl just go to sch n come back without trying out what d white man said in d books.
Dats literacy and not education.
U just swallow it hook,line and sinker And have d guts to underate innoson and Zinox.
See una life.
Read abt d owners of d two companies and see what dey mean when d word 'technocrat' is mentioned.

Ngozi STFU! I don't care if innoson is your village eze, the point I'm making stands, abi what innovation did he make on the chinco vehicles he's producing?

You think he's doing something special? Go and check what they are doing in ibadan http://leylandng.com/
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by Rossikk(m): 9:26pm On Sep 02, 2013
agbameta:

I see your asss is glued deep inside the white man's ass.

You should speak in Yoruba, then your pathetic attempt at drama might make sense.

1. I asked you why the smartest and the most capable black men did not build rail system for us and instaed it was built by the colonialists?

The industrial revolution occurred in Europe. Therefore it fell on Europeans to propagate rail across the world which they did (in Nigeria for purely exploitative reasons). The industrial revolution did not occur in Europe because of the white skin colour of Europeans. It occurred as a direct result of a confluence of circumstances which were political, economic, and geographical. I suggest you study the history of that revolution so you stop attributing development to skin colour like an illiterate.

2. How come the so called smart black men neglect and rubbish all the infrastructures the colonialists left?

There was NOTHING to neglect and rubbish. That was why the founding fathers were fighting for independence. THERE WAS NOTHING ON GROUND, GET THAT INTO YOUR thick, colonial worshipping SKULL. In 1957 Nigeria had under 40,000 km of motorable roads. Today that figure is nearly 250,000 km. Education, same thing. At independence we had no university. Today we have 130 universities, courtesy of black rule.

So WHAT ''infrastructure'' did the colonialists build that you say we rubbished? NAME THE INFRASTRUCTURE. By all accounts we ADDED TO AND IMPROVED BY HUNDREDS OF TIMES, whatever 'infrastructure' they supposedly left behind. Their two lane roads we turned into expressways. The bush we turned to schools, hospitals, banks and factories. If the Brits had provided all those things, why the hell would we fight for independence? Chief Awolowo used to say he did more as premier of the Western Region in 5 years than the colonialists did in 70 years in Nigeria up till his time. So WHAT PHANTOM colonial INFRASTRUCTURE are you talking about?

I put it to you that Akwa Ibom State has built more infrastructure in the last 6 years than the colonialists built in Nigeria in over 100 years.

Broad Street Lagos 1950s

Broad Street Lagos 1980s

So we ADDED, IMPROVED AND MULTIPLIED the miserable ''infrastructure'' left us by the colonialists. It is a gross insult to Nigerians to insinuate that we 'ruined' the ramshackle coloniai 'infrastruture'. As the pics above show, there was NOTHING there to 'ruin'.

3. How come after the departure of the colonialist and over $300 billion stolen and blown off by the smart and competent black men in Nigeria

You forgot to add the $5 TRILLION (by today's money) stolen by your colonialist master between 1897 and 1960. as I stated earlier, corruption DRASTICALLY REDUCED AFTER INDEPENDENCE. Prior to independence we lost virtually ALL our annual earnings to London. AFTER independence, the amounts being siphoned to London REDUCED, and this was why there was money to build schools, roads, and hospitals after independence.

Nigeria is still spending billions on lousy locomotive trains the same colonialist left for you and the same ones that you damaged and let rot in 2013?

Nigeria has had developmental problems that come with cobbling 250 language groups, religions and cultures artificially. Those problems are as human and predictable as breathing. That we have had teething problems of development is no reason to dismiss Nigerians or Africans.

Olodo oponu buruku, you can cry till you turn blue and rage like a mad man against oyinbo people, reality remains that you are on your own, they are not comming back to wipe your asss for you, figure out how you can contribute to the development of your country and quit runing all over the internet mad and angry with oyinbo.

Bodyguard in defence of his massa. I guess all that's left for you is a padlock to clamp your lips, since common sense and knowledge are alien to your Agbekpo (shiit carrier) brain.

I'm sure the white man wont steal and pillage $300 billion and end up in debt and borrowing from everybody to repain airports and other absurd nonsense...

The white man has done worse. He's stolen TRILLIONS from the world, used some of those TRILLIONS to stockpile armaments and nukes, and of late has borrowed TRILLIONS of dollars from China, India, Brazil et al to service a false lifestyle for his population, founded on credit, which is why majority of them live in debt as we speak, economies stagnating, with their nukes pointed menacingly at perceived ''enemies''.

STFU and go sell your fake black power rubbish to your kind...

Remain in the plantation picking cotton for whitey as is your specialty, while NIGERIA, AND AFRICA position and reposition themselves as they are currently doing, as the world's fastest growing economic regions.
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 03, 2013
django1:

Ngozi STFU! I don't care if innoson is your village eze, the point I'm making stands, abi what innovation did he make on the chinco vehicles he's producing?

You think he's doing something special? Go and check what they are doing in ibadan http://leylandng.com/
yorubas cant near igbos in technological advancement.
If u think we are not innovative at that, dat means u guys are totally non-creative and docile.

who is doing what in ibadan? Ibadan indigenes? Dats wat i want to hear.
After dat, u go to nnewi and aba, Emene(enugu) and see what indigenes are doing there too. And also, the Aba made 'Made in Italy/ China' products.
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by juman(m): 10:51am On Apr 25, 2016
Re: Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) by juman(m): 10:52am On Apr 25, 2016
You see.

nigeria depreciated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kogi: Court Gives INEC Permission To Continue Election / Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier / Akala Tears Ballot Papers At PDP South-west Congress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 200
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.