Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,979 members, 7,817,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

African Culture Is Dying! - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Culture Is Dying! (15849 Views)

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / Western Culture Vs African Culture / Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by macof(m): 8:33pm On Sep 17, 2013
all4naija:
If you are serving Ogun and dressed in smelling cloths, I won't allow you to enter my compound - that is a complete fact. I hate smelling and dirty things a lot!
But of course u would allow the dirty Muslim and Christian in. Brainwashed fool
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
macof:
But of course u would allow the dirty Muslim and Christian in. Brainwashed fool
I wouldn't allow them if they are dressed in dirty and smelling cloths as well. I don't know where you are getting this idea from I will accept those two religion if they are malodorous. For you information, I am Atheist!
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by macof(m): 11:07pm On Sep 17, 2013
all4naija: I wouldn't allow them if they are dressed in dirty and smelling cloths as well. I don't know where you are getting this idea from I will accept those two religion if they are malodorous. For you information, I am Atheist!
then that's good
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by musaajebor(m): 12:42am On Sep 18, 2013
all4naija: I wouldn't allow them if they are dressed in dirty and smelling cloths as well. I don't know where you are getting this idea from I will accept those two religion if they are malodorous. For you information, I am Atheist!
so you are an atheist.I believe you're a gay too I can't let adirty stinking homo in my vicinity too. Homosexuals bleep arseanals which is just messed up.gay.
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by thoth: 1:27am On Sep 18, 2013
donniemc: Its not only us.
Every tribe in the world would eventually loose their culture.We are moving towards a global community,a global culture.Where there would be only one tribe,only one religion,only one currency and only one Goverment.Friends its the return to BABEL
This is the most ignorant post i have seen throughout this thread. The Imperialist looks out for the likes of you and then finance you and prop you up to lead the people into destruction. i just pray you never hold any political position in your life.

1 Like

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by thoth: 1:57am On Sep 18, 2013
crackhaus:

Then again, if you look at it objectively, Culture is inversely proportional to Modernization. In other words, in predominatly Modernized societies worldwide, Culture is usually at its least though not completely eliminated.

I Agreed up to this point. the problem is that starting from colonization we have been FORCED to adopt a very illusionist idea of being ' MODERN' and the definition of modern , it is a psychological thing impacted by the trauma of colonialism and insidiously sustained by the chains of neocolonialism. The reality on the other hand is that a totally different concept of modernism would have emerged had Africa been privileged enough to grow on its own.

A culture is what defines a people and it can not be modern in any sense, it can only be a people's culture in that it consistently and specifically defines a particular group. For example if i am Igbo and i speak Igbo that is my culture, but telling me that using English to communicate with my fellow Igboman is modernism and an improvement is a total lie which only a brainwashed inferior minded human being would accept. Another example is the traditional attire, we had our traditional attires and it looks good on us better than western clothes, now telling me that i look backward in my Ishiagu and red cap and suggesting that i will look modern by wearing a suit is equal to blasphemy.

Our failure to address the psychological trauma from the colonial experience keeps haunting us at every corner we turn, by trauma i mean trauma in the literal sense of it, because our fathers were traumatized and castigated for their culture, the white men welded absolute power and told them at their face that their culture is backwards and their proof of that is the barbarity and cruelty which the supposedly civilized white man visited them with(whether that makes sense if for you to judge), every facet of their society is meant to remind them and resound consistently the horrific message "You are a slave, you are inferior, you are nothing and you will never be anything other than our slave" . Generations that were raised and absorbed this message during this dark period of African history accepted this status albeit unconsciously. Though some vehemently resisted it and carried on with their identity they represent a tiny minority to the mass of Zombie slaves moving around and too arrogant to accept that something is wrong with them.

Homosexuality is not our culture, you can not call accepting it change or modernism in any sense, if somebody else accepts that because it has been In their culture it does not mean that we should as well. It defines them but it does not define us and it will never be. Trying to be like somebody is not being modern it is just not being you and being a fool. I called this up because of the comment I saw above about the acceptance of homosexuality as progress, progress on what ?

Our continual failure to address that as many nations has done will keep the its destructive effect alive and active and until we dress that issue , until we tackle it, tell our children the truth of our past, institute it in our educational system, promote it in our society, in our movies, in our songs, in our way of judging people(whites) we will keep seeing ourselves going down this destructive path .

3 Likes

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by thoth: 2:01am On Sep 18, 2013
takeprofit: hw about dress code, language, respect for elders?

Good question, how about that ? these days our youth does not respect elders anymore, they do not have love to steady gradual growth and hard work, they all go for get rich quick measure which characterized western capitalist greed and which they keep forcing down on unsuspecting youth through books, movies and songs.
Is that a form of mordernism or a form of change ?

Is it not sensible to say that as Sentient Beings humans will accept a change which develops them and reject that which is destructive to its society ?

1 Like

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by thoth: 2:17am On Sep 18, 2013
GH KWAME:

(1) You know, there is a reason why Westeners reserved Bush Man to the black man, and you just proved it. Must you resort to name calling to make your point?

(2) You call Scarring someone deliberately for life tatoo? A decision an individual's 0pinion is not considered? Tribal marks by definition is to identify ones ethnicity. I guess you don't know that people's throats have been slit 0pen depending on the number of strokes on an individuals cheeks.
The civil wars in Africa are largely Tribal wars.

(3) Each year African governments spend lavishly on Independence celeberations and scream Freedom the next thing they are threatening retaliation 0n immigration policies by the western countries to stem migration.
I won't beat my chest when I know that the African c0ntinent is in a sorry state.
If by pointing 0ut the flaws in our barbaric culture I am called a Westener, then so be it.
The African Culture is Backward.

Sorry but i fail to see the sense in this post even though it tried to sound like it does. There is no difference between a tattoo and a tribal mark, the only difference one can call out on the two is that tattoos could be anti-social when done to certain degrees. Nobody's throats has been deliberately slit for tribal marks and when you sound like to those national geographic guys we all know you are just one of the Coconuts we always hear about.

Yes, actually the African governments has a very good reason to object on the western immigration policies and such polices adopted by the African government is built after the consideration of our economic relationship with this western nation, from colonization to the neo-colonial and bilateral agreements. under such light any most anti-immigration polices are protectionist and some are outright unreasonable. wealth can not be going on a single direction which in this case is outside Africa, there must be provisions for it to circulate, we can not be exploited during colonialism, give them exceptional rights to mine wealth from our nations now and they hope to block the only meaningful provision for the wealth to circulate back to Africa albeit a poor provision.

African economies are built to be dependent on European and western fluctuations and that results that certain channels must be keep open and maintained if balance is to be achieved, blocking any of the channels is Unjust .
If you were referring to the recent British disturbance i will like to make it clear to you that the policy can only be classified as a form of extortion under economics. Ask any economist that worths its salt for further clarification. It is totally unacceptable under international laws though since they make the laws and africans are weak to enforce their right they will not call it what it was.

1 Like

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by thoth: 2:20am On Sep 18, 2013
Blackteeth: Let African culture die!! Is it not the culture that Africans are practising that made them underdeveloped with poverty, disease and hunger?

This is exactly the stance that the Noe-colonialist wants Africans to adopt, they want us to believe that liberating ourselves is bad to us, in fact they want to change the whole concept of liberalization and we would be the most confused when they have thoroughly succeeded.

1 Like

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by thoth: 2:46am On Sep 18, 2013
GH KWAME:

Prior to the coming of europeans, slave raiders were abound, the african went to war in not for economic reasons but to increase the number of cattles in his posession.

With the advancement of wetern culture, twins are no longer sacrificed, open severing of human heads for sacrifice to imaginary beigns are a thing of the past.

Is it not a shame that the King of Swaziland marries an underage girl every year whilst his kingdom wallows in poverty?

The asian tigers adopted many aspects of the western world which has made them a household name worldwide.

Why won't Africans treat the European better when you insist 0n Tribal marks?

When I see people like you I feel really sad, you try to hard to demonized and inferiorize the African culture that one begins to wonder the amount of pain you must feel inside knowing that you were black.
Anyway let me get to your post.

Africans go to war not for economic reasons but to increase the number of their cattles hahahaha okay and increasing the number of their cattles, getting more slaves to work in their vast farms and build the roads are not economic reasons ? OMG! Shame on you...anyway and Europeans came and dehumanized you, murdered you and enslaved your whole nation which is a very GOOD THING ?

With the coming of the western culture we also had more devastating wars, disease, hunger and ignorance abound. If all the people that died in European invasion of Africa and during colnialism were twins we would have had enough twins to sacrifice till the year 6090, if you add that to many lives lost with western engineered civil wars, coups and famines and hunger caused by western sanctions we would have twins to sacrifice till the end of times.

Africans are adopting more aspects of western culture than the Asian tigers and we were moving backwards.

Can you see how much sense you have made ?

1 Like

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by Fulaman198(m): 5:06am On Sep 18, 2013
thoth:

I Agreed up to this point. the problem is that starting from colonization we have been FORCED to adopt a very illusionist idea of being ' MODERN' and the definition of modern , it is a psychological thing impacted by the trauma of colonialism and insidiously sustained by the chains of neocolonialism. The reality on the other hand is that a totally different concept of modernism would have emerged had Africa been privileged enough to grow on its own.

A culture is what defines a people and it can not be modern in any sense, it can only be a people's culture in that it consistently and specifically defines a particular group. For example if i am Igbo and i speak Igbo that is my culture, but telling me that using English to communicate with my fellow Igboman is modernism and an improvement is a total lie which only a brainwashed inferior minded human being would accept. Another example is the traditional attire, we had our traditional attires and it looks good on us better than western clothes, now telling me that i look backward in my Ishiagu and red cap and suggesting that i will look modern by wearing a suit is equal to blasphemy.

Our failure to address the psychological trauma from the colonial experience keeps haunting us at every corner we turn, by trauma i mean trauma in the literal sense of it, because our fathers were traumatized and castigated for their culture, the white men welded absolute power and told them at their face that their culture is backwards and their proof of that is the barbarity and cruelty which the supposedly civilized white man visited them with(whether that makes sense if for you to judge), every facet of their society is meant to remind them and resound consistently the horrific message "You are a slave, you are inferior, you are nothing and you will never be anything other than our slave" . Generations that were raised and absorbed this message during this dark period of African history accepted this status albeit unconsciously. Though some vehemently resisted it and carried on with their identity they represent a tiny minority to the mass of Zombie slaves moving around and too arrogant to accept that something is wrong with them.

Homosexuality is not our culture, you can not call accepting it change or modernism in any sense, if somebody else accepts that because it has been In their culture it does not mean that we should as well. It defines them but it does not define us and it will never be. Trying to be like somebody is not being modern it is just not being you and being a fool. I called this up because of the comment I saw above about the acceptance of homosexuality as progress, progress on what ?

Our continual failure to address that as many nations has done will keep the its destructive effect alive and active and until we dress that issue , until we tackle it, tell our children the truth of our past, institute it in our educational system, promote it in our society, in our movies, in our songs, in our way of judging people(whites) we will keep seeing ourselves going down this destructive path .

I love the way you write, even though this is not our language of choice. Well said! Yet another man that gets it.

2 Likes

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by macof(m): 8:01am On Sep 18, 2013
What's all these I read about the killing of twins in Africa These are the rubbish they teach in western style schools, and u fools believe all of it while growing up without learning and reading from other sources first. Killing of twins was only prevalent in calabar. Most African ethnic groups have always cherished twins so calabar has turned to the whole of Africa.

2 Likes

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by GHKWAME(m): 10:02am On Sep 18, 2013
Tumisang:

The King doesn't marry every year
and none of his
13 wives were/are underage!! Swaziland is NOT the only poverty stricken country in Africa! Nxa!

Swaziland's King Mswati III has chosen
an 18-year-old beauty pageant
contestant as his 14th wife, a palace
spokesman said Tuesday, days before a
much-criticised parliamentary vote.
"I can confirm that the king has
introduced to the nation a new liphovela
(royal fiancee)," said Ludzidzini palace
governor Timothy. Mtetwa.
Mswati, a 45-year-old who is sub-
Saharan Africa's last absolute monarch,
introduced Sindiswa Dlamini at a Reed
Dance celebration over the weekend,
Mtetwa told AFP.
She wore red feathers on her head -- a
sign of royalty.
The young woman graduated from
Mbabane's St. Francis High School last
year and is a finalist in the Miss Cultural
Heritage beauty pageant. The winner
will be announced on September 28.

The king has come under fire for his
household's lavish lifestyle while the tiny
mountain kingdom's 1.2 million people
struggle to make a living.
Mswati reportedly has a personal
fortune of around $200 million (152
euros) and the UN estimates that 70
percent of his 1.2 million subjects live
below the poverty line.

He has steadfastly resisted reforms.The
new engagement was announced at a
festival which also counted regional
delegates who will observe
parliamentary elections on Friday.
Critics have slammed the polls as a
sham, partly because political parties
are banned and candidates are hand-
picked by traditional leaders.
The weekend's celebrations were a
smaller repeat of last month's official
annual Reed Dance, where young
virgins from across the kingdom gather
and dance for the king. "It just
happened that the international
community was there to witness the
event," said Mtetwa.
The wedding only takes place once the
fiancee falls pregnant. Dlamini will then
become Mswati's 14th wife. The
monarch's colourful private life is off-
limits in local media, but has drawn a lot
of international interest.
Three wives left the household in recent
years. The latest, Queen LaGija, fled the
palace in 2012 claiming years of
physical and emotional abuse. Another
queen, LaDube, was reportedly abused
after she was caught in bed with the
justice minister, a close friend of the
king.
Mswati had kidnapped and married the
queen when she was 16 in 2005.

[url=m.peacefmonline.com/pages/showbiz/news/201309/174745.php]read more[/url]

We are told at the ^^^^ above bolded that we should turn a blind eye into what is clearly a babaric practice and not talk back at our elders because that country is not the 0nly p00r country in Africa.
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by yorubaamerican(m): 10:21am On Sep 18, 2013
Boat312: Personally i don't believe that African culture is dying, it's just changing like all cultures around the world. If you go to London more then half of the local restaurants aren't even serving English food and people have developed their own kind of slang/language. So we shouldn't be surprised that things like this are also happening in Africa. The most important thing is that we value and maintain the good parts of our culture (Clothing, Family values, Music etc) instead of just writing all of our heritage off as evil/backwards.

I think this may be the best comment I've seen thus far! You're right... we are cultural producers. Half of the people on this thread have absolutely no clue about what culture is. I would argue, though, that it's not necessarily changing, but being influenced by a Eurocentric conceptual system. The adaptation of such a system is for the worst when you consider the fact that the average Nigerian couldn't be less concerned with development and has a me, myself, and I approach to life.

http://www.jstor.org/stable/2784611
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by GHKWAME(m): 10:39am On Sep 18, 2013
thoth:

Sorry but i fail to see the sense in this post even though it tried to sound like it does. There is no difference between a tattoo and a tribal mark, the only difference one can call out on the two is that tattoos could be anti-social when done to certain degrees.
(1) Nobody's throats has been deliberately slit for tribal marks and when you sound like to those national geographic guys we all know you are just one of the Coconuts we always hear about.

(2) Yes, actually the African governments has a very good reason to object on the western immigration policies and such polices adopted by the African government is built after the consideration of our economic relationship with this western nation, from colonization to the neo-colonial and bilateral agreements. under such light any most anti-immigration polices are protectionist and some are outright unreasonable. wealth can not be going on a single direction which in this case is outside Africa, there must be provisions for it to circulate, we can not be exploited during colonialism, give them exceptional rights to mine wealth from our nations now and they hope to block the only meaningful provision for the wealth to circulate back to Africa albeit a poor provision.

(3) African economies are built to be dependent on European and western fluctuations and that results that certain channels must be keep open and maintained if balance is to be achieved, blocking any of the channels is Unjust .
If you were referring to the recent British disturbance i will like to make it clear to you that the policy can only be classified as a form of extortion under economics. Ask any economist that worths its salt for further clarification. It is totally unacceptable under international laws though since they make the laws and africans are weak to enforce their right they will not call it what it was.

(1) Yes, n0body's throat has been deliberately slit 0pen because 0f their tribal marks, so why the need for such a mark? Tribal marks was/is used as a means to identify friend from foe during tribal wars, and the number of strikes 0n your cheeks will determine whether you are relevant 0n earth.

(2) How long have our african governments complained about
brain drain among our professionals/skilled labour to the western countries?
Have we not as African citizens be cursing our leaders for sending their kids to western schools whilst neglecting our own?
Is this not the best opportunity to pounce on it?

(3) So if our economies are built to service the West, why pretend we are independent by spending lavishly every year in the name 0f Independence day when productivity can be achieved on a holiday?

The difference between our African governments and western governments is their ability to think outside the b0x. Ever seen Obama/Cameron take a holiday 0utside their respective c0untries before? Compare that to 0ur african leaders who have mansions in the western world.

We were cursing Cameron for lobbying our leaders to give legal backing to gays/lesbianism and said our culture
frowns on it, so what will you say if Cameron says immigration policies will be influenced by laws on gays/lesbians?

Have you not watched an african movie where the role of a young man in a village who has never travelled 0utside of his village but has l0cally acquired a western accent?
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by GHKWAME(m): 11:00am On Sep 18, 2013
thoth:

When I see people like you I feel really sad, you try to hard to demonized and inferiorize the African culture that one begins to wonder the amount of pain you must feel inside knowing that you were black.
Anyway let me get to your post.

Africans go to war not for economic reasons but to increase the number of their cattles hahahaha okay and increasing the number of their cattles, getting more slaves to work in their vast farms and build the roads are not economic reasons ? OMG! Shame on you...anyway and
Europeans came and dehumanized you, murdered you and enslaved your whole nation which is a very GOOD THING?

With the coming of the western culture we also had more devastating wars, disease, hunger and ignorance abound. If all the people that died in European invasion of Africa and during colnialism were twins we would have had enough twins to sacrifice till the year 6090, if you add that to many lives lost with
(2) western engineered civil wars, coups and famines and hunger caused by western sanctions we would have twins to sacrifice till the end of times.

Africans are adopting more aspects of western culture than the Asian tigers and we were moving backwards.

Can you see how much sense you have made ?

Yes I agree I goofed in that aspect, I wanted to modify it but it was already quoted. And please which roads? You want to convince me that proceeds from selling 0f cows would be used to construct roads? Who will cater cater for thirteen(13) wives and uncountable children?

(1) It was not a very good thing for the Eurpoeans to have dehumanised the black race, but before the Europeans came, the african was already conguering tibes and enslaving them, indeed they sold bartered their captured prisoners to the Europeans for rums, mirrors, guns etc.
Yes the Europeans dehumanised our ancestors, but why are their descendants not immigrating enmass to the continent of birth like the Israelis?
The pre and post african has done more dehumanization to the African than what the European did in a century.

(2) Western engineered? Hahaha!!!heheehe!!! The black man always blaming the white man.
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by yorubaamerican(m): 11:20am On Sep 18, 2013
Some of you really should read this.

What is Culture?

Edward B. Tylor
(1832-1917)

For some it refers to an appreciation of good literature, music, art, and food. For a biologist, it is likely to be a colony of bacteria or other microorganisms growing in a nutrient medium in a laboratory Petri dish. However, for anthropologists and other behavioral scientists, culture is the full range of learned human behavior patterns. The term was first used in this way by the pioneer English Anthropologist Edward B. Tylor in his book, Primitive Culture, published in 1871. Tylor said that culture is "that complex whole which includes knowledge, belief, art, law, morals, custom, and any other capabilities and habits acquired by man as a member of society." Of course, it is not limited to men. Women possess and create it as well. Since Tylor's time, the concept of culture has become the central focus of anthropology.

Culture is a powerful human tool for survival, but it is a fragile phenomenon. It is constantly changing and easily lost because it exists only in our minds. Our written languages, governments, buildings, and other man-made things are merely the products of culture. They are not culture in themselves. For this reason, archaeologists can not dig up culture directly in their excavations. The broken pots and other artifacts of ancient people that they uncover are only material remains that reflect cultural patterns--they are things that were made and used through cultural knowledge and skills.

Layers of Culture

There are very likely three layers or levels of culture that are part of your learned behavior patterns and perceptions. Most obviously is the body of cultural traditions that distinguish your specific society. When people speak of Italian, Samoan, or Japanese culture, they are referring to the shared language, traditions, and beliefs that set each of these peoples apart from others. In most cases, those who share your culture do so because they acquired it as they were raised by parents and other family members who have it.

Graphic representation of sub-cultures within a culture

The second layer of culture that may be part of your identity is a subculture click this icon to hear the preceding term pronounced. In complex, diverse societies in which people have come from many different parts of the world, they often retain much of their original cultural traditions. As a result, they are likely to be part of an identifiable subculture in their new society. The shared cultural traits of subcultures set them apart from the rest of their society. Examples of easily identifiable subcultures in the United States include ethnic groups such as Vietnamese Americans, African Americans, and Mexican Americans. Members of each of these subcultures share a common identity, food tradition, dialect or language, and other cultural traits that come from their common ancestral background and experience. As the cultural differences between members of a subculture and the dominant national culture blur and eventually disappear, the subculture ceases to exist except as a group of people who claim a common ancestry. That is generally the case with German Americans and Irish Americans in the United States today. Most of them identify themselves as Americans first. They also see themselves as being part of the cultural mainstream of the nation.

The third layer of culture consists of cultural universals. These are learned behavior patterns that are shared by all of humanity collectively. No matter where people live in the world, they share these universal traits. Examples of such "human cultural" traits include:

communicating with a verbal language consisting of a limited set of sounds and grammatical rules for constructing sentences;

using age and gender to classify people (e.g., teenager, senior citizen, woman, man);

classifying people based on marriage and descent relationships and having kinship terms to refer to
them (e.g., wife, mother, uncle, cousin);

raising children in some sort of family setting;

having a sexual division of labor (e.g., men's work versus women's work);

having a concept of privacy;

having rules to regulate sexual behavior;

distinguishing between good and bad behavior;

having some sort of body ornamentation;

making jokes and playing games;

having art;

having some sort of leadership roles for the implementation of community decisions.

While all cultures have these and possibly many other universal traits, different cultures have developed their own specific ways of carrying out or expressing them. For instance, people in deaf subcultures frequently use their hands to communicate with sign language instead of verbal language. However, sign languages have grammatical rules just as verbal ones do.

Culture and Society

Culture and society click this icon to hear the preceding term pronounced are not the same thing. While cultures are complexes of learned behavior patterns and perceptions, societies are groups of interacting organisms. People are not the only animals that have societies. Schools of fish, flocks of birds, and hives of bees are societies. In the case of humans, however, societies are groups of people who directly or indirectly interact with each other. People in human societies also generally perceive that their society is distinct from other societies in terms of shared traditions and expectations.

While human societies and cultures are not the same thing, they are inextricably connected because culture is created and transmitted to others in a society. Cultures are not the product of lone individuals. They are the continuously evolving products of people interacting with each other. Cultural patterns such as language and politics make no sense except in terms of the interaction of people. If you were the only human on earth, there would be no need for language or government.

There is a difference of opinion in the behavioral sciences about whether or not we are the only animal that creates and uses culture. The answer to this question depends on how narrow culture is defined. If it is used broadly to refer to a complex of learned behavior patterns, then it is clear that we are not alone in creating and using culture. Many other animal species teach their young what they themselves learned in order to survive. This is especially true of the chimpanzees and other relatively intelligent apes and monkeys. Wild chimpanzee mothers typically teach their children about several hundred food and medicinal plants. Their children also have to learn about the dominance hierarchy and the social rules within their communities. As males become teenagers, they acquire hunting skills from adults. Females have to learn how to nurse and care for their babies. Chimpanzees even have to learn such basic skills as how to perform sexual intercourse. This knowledge is not hardwired into their brains at birth. They are all learned patterns of behavior just as they are for humans.

Adapted from palomar.edu
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by musaajebor(m): 11:45am On Sep 18, 2013
^^ where were u when the thread opened.I think someone should have given us a comprehensive Definatinio of the term culture so as to avoid off topic comments flooding the thread from page 1
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by Fulaman198(m): 1:55pm On Sep 18, 2013
GH KWAME:

Yes I agree I goofed in that aspect, I wanted to modify it but it was already quoted. And please which roads? You want to convince me that proceeds from selling 0f cows would be used to construct roads? Who will cater cater for thirteen(13) wives and uncountable children?

(1) It was not a very good thing for the Eurpoeans to have dehumanised the black race, but before the Europeans came, the african was already conguering tibes and enslaving them, indeed they sold bartered their captured prisoners to the Europeans for rums, mirrors, guns etc.
Yes the Europeans dehumanised our ancestors, but why are their descendants not immigrating enmass to the continent of birth like the Israelis?
The pre and post african has done more dehumanization to the African than what the European did in a century.

(2) Western engineered? Hahaha!!!heheehe!!! The black man always blaming the white man.

I don't see anywhere in his statement where he is blaming anyone. If you like, you can pull a Sammy Sosa and Michael Jackson if you don't like to be black. But guess what, these white people you worship like God will even treat you worse.

1 Like

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by GHKWAME(m): 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2013
thoth:

This is exactly the stance that the Noe-colonialist wants Africans to adopt
, they want us to believe that liberating ourselves is bad to us, in fact they want to change the whole concept of liberalization and we would be the most confused when they have thoroughly succeeded.

Fulaman198:

I don't see anywhere in his statement where he is blaming anyone.
If you like, (2)you can pull a Sammy Sosa and Michael Jackson if you don't like to be black. But guess what, (3)these white people you worship like God will even treat you worse.
Ermmm, please refer to his ^^^B0lded P0st.........
(2) First 0ff, I abhore bleaching and sec0ndly I cann0t the sophisticated bleaching even if I wanted to.
(3) If supplementing african government budgets, forgiving debts, giving grants makes me their worshiper I embrace it. I guess you are satisfied with what your servants has done for you? Rising budget deficits, chronic corruption, nepotism, Political intolerance/incompetence, stealing/mismanaging 0f state funds, etal
So please, who is treating who worse?
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by Fulaman198(m): 11:17pm On Sep 18, 2013
GH KWAME:

Ermmm, please refer to his ^^^B0lded P0st.........
(2) First 0ff, I abhore bleaching and sec0ndly I cann0t the sophisticated bleaching even if I wanted to.
(3) If supplementing african government budgets, forgiving debts, giving grants makes me their worshiper I embrace it. I guess you are satisfied with what your servants has done for you? Rising budget deficits, chronic corruption, nepotism, Political intolerance/incompetence, stealing/mismanaging 0f state funds, etal
So please, who is treating who worse?

You do realise that corruption is something that is not unique to Africa..... It is quite prevalent in the western world as well. As aforementioned, humans by nature are corrupt. The fact that you are blinded by your coconut mind to see this is quite laughable.
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by GHKWAME(m): 10:16am On Sep 19, 2013
Fulaman198:

You do realise that corruption is something that is not unique to Africa..... It is quite prevalent in the western world as well. As aforementioned, humans by nature are corrupt. The fact that you are blinded by your coconut mind to see this is quite laughable.

Sorry, this post just reeks of ignorance
and an attempt to quickly shift goal post after getting SCHOOLED on your
ignorance here.
Heck, what am I saying? You didn't just
shift the goal post... You've put the goal
post on WHEELS to be shifted at any
time!
Anyways... @B0lded, I guess your cononut father is a beneficiarry 0f c0rruption hence your justification of it.

1 Like

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by macof(m): 11:50am On Sep 19, 2013
GH KWAME:

ignorance here.
time!
Anyways... @B0lded, I guess your cononut father is a beneficiarry 0f c0rruption hence your justification of it.
your comment is purely senseless. and why bring someones father into this? some people dont just have respect
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 19, 2013
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by Fulaman198(m): 3:09pm On Sep 19, 2013
GH KWAME:

ignorance here.
time!

Your naivety knows no bounds, my father doesn't even work for the government, I'm Mbororo, and we have no interest in politics or political status. All you do is blabber utter rubbish. There are so many forms of western corruption I don't know where to begin. The racism that exists in the Western world is quite terrible, the fact that wall street chops money and commits white collar crimes on a daily basis, however this is covered up by western media. The amount of black people being shot, killed and racially profiled by other civilians and police officers for no reason happens quite often. If you opened your brainwashed mind to these things then you will see just how barbaric the west is. Not a coconut like you though.
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by macof(m): 3:29pm On Sep 19, 2013
GH KWAME:

Stewpid f00l, I guess your father is the 0ne who has benefited from c0rruption,
So respect is earned when someone describes another persons head as coconut abi? where were you when he likened my head to coconut?
I.Diot trying to poke his ugly nose into some fuckkery that he has n0 clue 0f.
people like u dont have a place in society, am sure u have been frustrated all ur life. u talk about someones father(whom u dont even know) in a disrespectful manner and u want to justify urself with more disrespectful comments. This is wat people like u learn from western people and u call it better civilisation. omo ale oshi
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by GHKWAME(m): 3:32pm On Sep 19, 2013
Tumisang:

(1)A notoriously oppressive King would never turn his Kingdom into a monarchial democracy, allow his people to elect their own members of parliament or let them have any form of freedom whatsoever.

(2)As per your article: His wives are kept in their palace, surrounded by bodyguards, and they
can’t really go anywhere unless the king
says so.
>>> Yet they still manage to have extra-marital affairs and walk away from their marriage whenever they want - weird!

(3)Are you Swati? NO!

Is anyone forcing you to embrace the barbaric culture? NO!

Then, why must you have a say? You shouldn't!

You wanna follow the west? By all means go right ahead! And stop trying to force your ways on other people. Let polygamist live their lifes the way they see fit.

(1) Monarchial Democracy does not exist in Swaziland because .......

"He is the flamboyant, public-school
educated southern African king whose
enjoyment of an annual "Reed Dance",
in which bare-breasted virgins dance
before him and his cabinet
, is also
shared by thousands of tourists."

"But a growing outcry over the conduct
of elections, due to take place at the end
of this week, and complaints of
imprisonment and torture of those in his
achingly poor kingdom who dissent, are
casting a dark cloud over the vision of
"monarchical democracy"
that the 45-
year-old king recently proclaimed."

"But the main Swazi opposition groups
have dismissed the king's nod towards democracy as a "beyond bizarre", and are boycotting the election on the grounds that while he remains at the helm, nothing will change."

please read more 0f the above ^^^ captioned here

(2) Weird indeed! Where in the article does it state what you have just espoused?

(3) N0 matter where you come from, once you are a black man, you are an African.... Because of repressive cultures that exists in Swazi, all africans are painted with the same brush, I don't need to be a swazi to spit at such a backward practice that is fuckkery irrelevant to the modern world. Is this the culture I am supposed to beat my chest about? Traditional chiefs in luxury cars and spending lavishly in Europe whilst their people share water with animals. If they believe in culture why don't they dispose of the modern accesories and live in mud huts?
Re: African Culture Is Dying! by GHKWAME(m): 4:00pm On Sep 19, 2013
Fulaman198:

Your naivety knows no bounds, my father doesn't even work for the government, I'm Mbororo, and we have no interest in politics or political status. All you do is blabber utter rubbish. There are so many forms of western corruption I don't know where to begin. The racism that exists in the Western world is quite terrible, the fact that wall street chops money and commits white collar crimes on a daily basis, however this is covered up by western media. The amount of black people being shot, killed and racially profiled by other civilians and police officers for no reason happens quite often. If you opened your brainwashed mind to these things then you will see just how barbaric the west is. Not a coconut like you though.

@Bolded, kwaaaaaa, my belle hahahaha, this guy has killed me! *wipes tears*........ So corruption only exists in government agencies abi? Look at h0w you are shamefully justifying corruption. How many people in the westen world have invested their money they acrued through corruption in Africa? Look at the Bongo children from Gabon in France.
When was the last time any leader in the western world came for holidays in Africa? Compare that to the numerous investments and private visits that your leaders undertake yearly.
Y0u clam they are racists, when they want to implement strict immigration policies you scream why?
Cops profiling and shooting in the western world, compare that to what exists in Africa where police shoot and kill at will, lock up suspects and throw away the keys, atleast in the western world, I know there is a competent independent judiciary for me to seek redress.
Well I guess you will n0t appreciate the above points because your mother and father lack coconut sense.

1 Like

Re: African Culture Is Dying! by Fulaman198(m): 4:18pm On Sep 19, 2013
GH KWAME:

@Bolded, kwaaaaaa, my belle hahahaha, this guy has killed me! *wipes tears*........ So corruption only exists in government agencies abi? Look at h0w you are shamefully justifying corruption. How many people in the westen world have invested their money they acrued through corruption in Africa? Look at the Bongo children from Gabon in France.
When was the last time any leader in the western world came for holidays in Africa? Compare that to the numerous investments and private visits that your leaders undertake yearly.
Y0u clam they are racists, when they want to implement strict immigration policies you scream why?
Cops profiling and shooting in the western world, compare that to what exists in Africa where police shoot and kill at will, lock up suspects and throw away the keys, atleast in the western world, I know there is a competent independent judiciary for me to seek redress.
Well I guess you will n0t appreciate the above points because your mother and father lack coconut sense.

At this point you are just completely shooting out of your hip or making generalisations. First and foremost, I don't care if western leaders come to Africa for vacation, there are a lot of westerners that attend the famous festival in the desert in nearby Mali. Why is it even important where westerners vacation. No one is denying the corruption in some African nations, I just find it extremely funny that you deny the daily corruption that occurs in Western countries. As I said human beings are not kind. There is no nation leader in the world today that is kind. If there is one, point them out. If there is a country or culture where corruption does not exist, point it out.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Eastern Chicks (mostly Ibo) Top The List Of Gay Women (lesbians) In 9ja: / Disrespect Of The Red Cap And Igbo Traditions:i Blame Your Parents!! / Ejire Ara Isokun! Where Exactly Is Isokun?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.