Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,713 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:17 AM

Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ (37714 Views)

Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel / Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) / Is Archangel Michael Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Chanchit: 1:58pm On Sep 23, 2013
philfearon:
No o....What will that do for me..I read the bible to build my faith,know what God wants me to do,and do them......I dont read it to argue...it is not some Laws for dispute by National Assembly!!

You r really trying sha. The only bible I have is the one on my phone which I open every sunday. So any arguement wei don pass "Mary the mother of Jesus..?" count me out.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by philfearon(m): 2:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
MostHigh:

Ignorance is no excuse.smiley

And I aint your bro.grin

A simple Yes or No!! YOU CAN RUN ROUND THE WHOLE OF NIGERIA IF YOU WANT,but my answer still requires a simple Yes or No!!.....
Or are u confused like your Cohort too?
Finally,i can and will call u "bro" if i deem it fit!
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by philfearon(m): 2:19pm On Sep 23, 2013
Chanchit:

You r really trying sha. The only bible I have is the one on my phone which I open every sunday. So any arguement wei don pass "Mary the mother of Jesus..?" count me out.
You are funny lol! Thanks too..
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by MrPresident1: 2:42pm On Sep 23, 2013
Goshen360: Thank God that heretic called a moderator, Obadiah777 and his new handle, Mr. President plus MostHigh are being exposed and refuted in the face\light of scriptures day-by-day on this forum.

Goshen360, the purveyor of lawlessness and disseminator of poison.

Matthew 5:18
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Jeremiah 37:24
And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

3 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2013
obadiah777: hey hey now sweerie. have you been on sa neters youtube channel lately ? malik zulu shabbaz vs polight and hebrew perry vs polight and seti vs the hebrew israelites. and they had the million youth march in harlem. heavy stuff. the revolution will be televised. i be around. come see ya baby daddy sometimes. wink wink grin

no babes I havent checked it out.
I knew about the debates and the march ahead of time. I remember malik shabazz was running his mouth about polight and the nuwabians as usual.

really, I was not feeling how ppl were and are trying to act like Polight is some sort of closet uncle tom. That turned me off from them a bit. And seti got called out by a sister who said he is all talk but no action and the way he dissed her also turned me off from him. (The black YTCC is a mess altogether. You have some who went from talking about revolution to forming cliques and roasting each other lol smh.)

But I will check it out.

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by MostHigh: 5:00pm On Sep 23, 2013
philfearon:
A simple Yes or No!! YOU CAN RUN ROUND THE WHOLE OF NIGERIA IF YOU WANT,but my answer still requires a simple Yes or No!!.....
Or are u confused like your Cohort too?
Finally,i can and will call u "bro" if i deem it fit!

Ok Now.

Na you get your mouth sha. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by MEILYN(m): 5:29pm On Sep 23, 2013
Well dayuuummmmmmm scoffers everywhere, they err not knowing scriptures.... Obadiah and Mosthigh Tools of God....

2 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Forwetinnah: 5:50pm On Sep 23, 2013
philfearon:
if you have noticed,i have been neglecting all ur posts and mine that u have been quoting.....But i gotta ask you too:
do you Believe that Jesus Christ is your Personal Lord and Saviour?

I'd rather you don't waste your time on that 'sing along" canary Mr Phil..Most High and Obadiah are the same
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by MEILYN(m): 6:22pm On Sep 23, 2013
For wetin nah?:

I'd rather you don't waste your time on that 'sing along" canary Mr Phil..Most High and Obadiah are the same
for your mind you don talk better tin.

3 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by MEILYN(m): 6:31pm On Sep 23, 2013
obadiah777: james 1 vs 8 A double-minded man is unstable in all his ways. grin grin i always knew philfearon was an unstable lad lol
indeed sire indeed... Just like NEPA grin

2 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by sangresan(m): 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2013
Obadiah has don a yeoman's job...The non-believers are obviously affected by long years of 'my-pastor-said' messages...Jesus is Micheal...I will try to devote time to bring out the truth from the Bible in this week...In the meantime,why is it that Micheal never featured throughout Jesus' stay on Earth?....The mistake people are making is the inability to know the true meaning of 'angel'...Any spiritual being created by God Almighty for a specific purpose is an angel...The controversy started when some Hellenised christians started calling Jesus as God Himself....Lies told repeatedly become truth...more later

2 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
For wetin nah?:

grin grin as MostHigh would say. na you get your mouth

2 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 23, 2013
MEILYN: Well dayuuummmmmmm scoffers everywhere, they err not knowing scriptures.... Obadiah and Mosthigh Tools of God....
lol scripture do say israel is stiff necked and rebellious

3 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2013
sangresan: Obadiah has don a yeoman's job...The non-believers are obviously affected by long years of 'my-pastor-said' messages...Jesus is Micheal...I will try to devote time to bring out the truth from the Bible in this week...In the meantime,why is it that Micheal never featured throughout Jesus' stay on Earth?....The mistake people are making is the inability to know the true meaning of 'angel'...Any spiritual being created by God Almighty for a specific purpose is an angel...The controversy started when some Hellenised christians started calling Jesus as God Himself....Lies told repeatedly become truth...more later
the irony of the whole matter is that they think they are the believers lol

3 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by MEILYN(m): 9:10pm On Sep 23, 2013
obadiah777: the irony of the whole matter is that they think they are the believers lol
lwtmb....
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by ayobase(m): 9:13pm On Sep 23, 2013
obadiah777: bible is a mystery and they purposely try to keep it as mysterious as possible. the knowledge in it is not for everybody so the message is broken up into puzzles. you have to put it together yourself. and the lord only allow the chosen to put it together. thats how he keeps the reprobates from understanding it.

I thought u were gonna counter my opinion about John and the exampls given.

so, Obadiah is the chosen and the rest of us are the reprobates!

SMH!

Bible aint Quran, mere reading and seeking the help of Holy Spirit is the deal.

Your interpretations of the Bible is not, but mere reflection!
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by ayobase(m): 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2013
sangresan: Obadiah has don a yeoman's job...The non-believers are obviously affected by long years of 'my-pastor-said' messages...Jesus is Micheal...I will try to devote time to bring out the truth from the Bible in this week...In the meantime,why is it that Micheal never featured throughout Jesus' stay on Earth?....The mistake people are making is the inability to know the true meaning of 'angel'...Any spiritual being created by God Almighty for a specific purpose is an angel...The controversy started when some Hellenised christians started calling Jesus as God Himself....Lies told repeatedly become truth...more later

Did the disciples see Jesus as an Angel while on earth?
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by RedArrow: 9:53pm On Sep 23, 2013
Michael the archangel is mentioned only five times in the Bible (Daniel 10:13,21; 12:1; Jude 9; Revelation 12:7), and yet never do these passages indicate that he is to be equated with the preincarnate Christ, nor with the ascended Jesus. First Thessalonians 4:16 also alludes to “an archangel,” and, although the name Michael is not mentioned, this is the passage Jehovah’s Witnesses frequently cite as proof of Jesus being the archangel. Concerning the Second Coming of Christ, Paul wrote: “For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first” (emp. added). Supposedly, since Jesus is described as descending from heaven “with the voice of an archangel,” then He must be the archangel Michael. However, this verse does not teach that Jesus is an archangel, but that at His Second Coming He will be accompanied “with the voice of an archangel.” Just as He will be attended “with a shout” and “with the trumpet of God,” so will He be accompanied “with the voice of an archangel.” Question: If Jesus’ descension from heaven “with the voice of an archangel” makes Him (as Jehovah’s Witnesses claim) the archangel Michael, then does His descent “with the trumpet of God” not also make Him God? Jehovah’s Witnesses reject this latter conclusion, yet they accept the first. Such inconsistency is one proof of their erroneous teachings about Jesus.

One of the strongest arguments against Jesus being an angel is found in the book of Hebrews. In chapter one, the writer of Hebrews showed the superiority of Jesus over the angelic beings, and contrasted Him with them.

For to which of the angels did He ever say: “You are My Son, today I have begotten You”? And again: “I will be to Him a Father, and He shall be to Me a Son”? But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: “Let all the angels of God worship Him.” And of the angels He says: “Who makes His angels spirits and His ministers a flame of fire.” But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness more than Your companions.” And: “You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands. They will perish, but You remain; and they will all grow old like a garment; like a cloak You will fold them up, and they will be changed. But You are the same, and Your years will not fail.” But to which of the angels has He ever said: “Sit at My right hand, till I make Your enemies Your footstool”? (1:5-13).

Jesus’ superiority over the angels is seen in the fact that the Father spoke to Jesus as His special begotten Son to Whom He gave the seat of honor at His right hand (1:5,13). Furthermore, the writer of Hebrews indicated that God commanded all angels to worship Jesus (1:6; cf. Revelation 5:11-13; Philippians 2:10). Yet, if Jesus were an angel, how could He accept the worship of other “lesser” angels when, according to Revelation 19:10 and 22:8-9, angels do not accept worship, but rather preach the worship of God, and no other? Hebrews chapter one is a death knell to the idea of Jesus, the Son of God, being Michael, the archangel. [NOTE: Interestingly, John H. Paton, the most frequently used contributing writer in 1879 of Charles Taze Russel (the founder of The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society), admitted such when he stated in The Watchtower magazine near the end of its inaugural year: “Hence it is said, ‘let all the angels of God worship him’: (that must include Michael, the chief angel, hence Michael is not the Son of God)…” (1879, p. 4, emp. added). Sadly, even though Paton rejected the idea of Jesus being Michael the archangel, and even though Russell, The Watchtower's founder and first editor and publisher, allowed such a teaching in the magazine's first year of publication, Jehovah’s Witnesses today hold firmly to the doctrine that Jesus is Michael, the archangel.]

The writer of Hebrews returned to the subject of Jesus’ superiority over angels in chapter two, saying, “He [God] has not put the world to come, of which we speak, in subjection to angels” (2:5). To whom will the world be in subjection? Scripture indicates that it would be Jesus, “the appointed heir of all things” (Hebrews 1:2). “All authority” has been given, not to any angel, but to Jesus (Matthew 28:18). All angels, authorities, and powers “have been made subject to Him” (1 Peter 3:22). “In putting everything under him, God left nothing that is not subject to him” (Hebrews 2:8, NIV, emp. added). Jesus, therefore, is not Michael, the archangel, “for it was not to angels that God subjected the world to come” (Hebrews 2:5, RSV).

One final proof that Jesus is not Michael the archangel actually comes from one of the five passages in which Michael’s name is found in Scripture—Jude 9. According to Jude: “Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, ‘The Lord rebuke you!’ ” Whereas Michael would not dare pronounce a railing judgment against the devil (cf. 2 Peter 2:11), Jesus once declared about Satan: “He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it” (John 8:44). Jesus did not approach the subject of rebuking Satan with the same hesitation as godly angels like Michael. Jesus, as Lord of heaven and Earth (Matthew 28:18), boldly called the devil a murderer and liar, and even went so far as to declare that “there is no truth in him.” The Son of God obviously is not Michael the archangel.

I find it extremely puzzling how Jehovah’s Witnesses can conclude that there is no biblical proof of Jesus being deity, and yet at the same time allege that “[t]here is Scriptural evidence for concluding that Michael was the name of Jesus Christ before he left heaven and after his return” (Watchtower, 1969, p. 307, emp. added). Where is the evidence? There is none. Jesus is not Michael the archangel; rather, He is exactly Who the apostle John said He was (John 1:1,14), Who Thomas said He was (John 20:28), and even Who His enemies accused Him of making Himself (John 5:18; 10:33). Jesus is God. I submit.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
@red arrow 1st thes 4:16. the lord himself (Jesus Christ) comes from heaven with a shout, voice of the archangel and trump of God. You agree with the last part that the lord (Jesus) is God. why do you reject the second part which says he is the archangel.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by SeaSalt: 10:28pm On Sep 23, 2013
EMUSAN wrote:
Which one are will not going to see in christendom.....

Imagine some group say Jesus didn't pre-exist His birth.....
Another group His angel Micheal....
Another group He didn't die....

In Rev 12:7 Michael and his angels fought with that dragon....before it was cast out from heaven....and they overcame the dragon(devil).

How did they overcome the devil?

They overcame him by the BLOOD of the LAMB meaning they applied the blood of the lamb....who is this LAMB? Jesus!

Then how Jesus will be Michael?

Apart from this there this verse people always overlook about Jesus.....1Timothy 3:16 "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the spirit, seen of Angels (including Micheal) preached unto the gentiles, believed on the world, recieved up into glory." Emphasis added......

Some versions have removed the God @bold, some replaced it with He......but Apostle Paul made it clear that it's a mystery of godliness.
Again God told Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD, and beside ME there is no saviour(even in angels)." Emphasis added

But I believe we all agreed today that Jesus is the saviour of the world....how come when God said "....beside Him there is no saviour"
People engage much in copy and paste work rather than sitting down and study the word of God.

Shalom!

https://www.nairaland.com/1448779/angel-micheal-worships-jesus
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by SeaSalt: 10:29pm On Sep 23, 2013
Joagbaje:
GOD DIDN'T SUBJECT THE WORLD TO ANGELS
Hebrews 2:5
For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.

ALL THINGS INCLUDING MICHEAL ARE SUBJECT TO CHRIST
Hebrews 2:8
Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

MICHEAL WORSHIP JESUS
Hebrews 1:6
And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

WORLD WAS CREATED BY JESUS

Ephesians 3:9
. . . . the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Colossians 1:16
Christ himself is the Creator who made everything in heaven and earth, the things we can see and the things we can't; the spirit world with its kings and kingdoms, its rulers and authorities; all were made by Christ for his own use and glory.

GOD NEVER CALLED ANGELS HIS SON
Hebrews 1:5-7
For God never said to any angel, "You are my Son, and today I have given you the honor that goes with that name." But God said it about Jesus.

MICHEAL COULDN'T REBUKE SATAN DIRECTLY
Jude 1:9
Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

JESUS REBUKED SATAN
Matthew 4:10
"Get out of here, Satan," Jesus told him. "The Scriptures say, Worship only the Lord God. Obey only him. '"

MICHEAL HAS EQUALS, HE IS NOT THE ONLY ARCHANGEL , JESUS HAS NO EQUALS

Daniel 10:13
. . . but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me. . .

Jesus Christ CREATED Michael.

You can either accept or reject it - Hosea 4:6.
cool
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 23, 2013
SeaSalt:

cool
Heresy!

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 23, 2013
Red Arrow: Michael the archangel is mentioned only five times in the Bible (Daniel 10:13,21; 12:1; Jude 9; Revelation 12:7), and yet never do these passages indicate that he is to be equated with the preincarnate Christ, nor with the ascended Jesus. First Thessalonians 4:16 also alludes to “an archangel,” and, although the name Michael is not mentioned, this is the passage Jehovah’s Witnesses frequently cite as proof of Jesus being the archangel. Concerning the Second Coming of Christ, Paul wrote: “For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first” (emp. added). Supposedly, since Jesus is described as descending from heaven “with the voice of an archangel,” then He must be the archangel Michael. However, this verse does not teach that Jesus is an archangel, but that at His Second Coming He will be accompanied “with the voice of an archangel.” Just as He will be attended “with a shout” and “with the trumpet of God,” so will He be accompanied “with the voice of an archangel.” Question: If Jesus’ descension from heaven “with the voice of an archangel” makes Him (as Jehovah’s Witnesses claim) the archangel Michael, then does His descent “with the trumpet of God” not also make Him God? Jehovah’s Witnesses reject this latter conclusion, yet they accept the first. Such inconsistency is one proof of their erroneous teachings about Jesus.

One of the strongest arguments against Jesus being an angel is found in the book of Hebrews. In chapter one, the writer of Hebrews showed the superiority of Jesus over the angelic beings, and contrasted Him with them.

For to which of the angels did He ever say: “You are My Son, today I have begotten You”? And again: “I will be to Him a Father, and He shall be to Me a Son”? But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: “Let all the angels of God worship Him.” And of the angels He says: “Who makes His angels spirits and His ministers a flame of fire.” But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness more than Your companions.” And: “You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands. They will perish, but You remain; and they will all grow old like a garment; like a cloak You will fold them up, and they will be changed. But You are the same, and Your years will not fail.” But to which of the angels has He ever said: “Sit at My right hand, till I make Your enemies Your footstool”? (1:5-13).

Jesus’ superiority over the angels is seen in the fact that the Father spoke to Jesus as His special begotten Son to Whom He gave the seat of honor at His right hand (1:5,13). Furthermore, the writer of Hebrews indicated that God commanded all angels to worship Jesus (1:6; cf. Revelation 5:11-13; Philippians 2:10). Yet, if Jesus were an angel, how could He accept the worship of other “lesser” angels when, according to Revelation 19:10 and 22:8-9, angels do not accept worship, but rather preach the worship of God, and no other? Hebrews chapter one is a death knell to the idea of Jesus, the Son of God, being Michael, the archangel. [NOTE: Interestingly, John H. Paton, the most frequently used contributing writer in 1879 of Charles Taze Russel (the founder of The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society), admitted such when he stated in The Watchtower magazine near the end of its inaugural year: “Hence it is said, ‘let all the angels of God worship him’: (that must include Michael, the chief angel, hence Michael is not the Son of God)…” (1879, p. 4, emp. added). Sadly, even though Paton rejected the idea of Jesus being Michael the archangel, and even though Russell, The Watchtower's founder and first editor and publisher, allowed such a teaching in the magazine's first year of publication, Jehovah’s Witnesses today hold firmly to the doctrine that Jesus is Michael, the archangel.]

The writer of Hebrews returned to the subject of Jesus’ superiority over angels in chapter two, saying, “He [God] has not put the world to come, of which we speak, in subjection to angels” (2:5). To whom will the world be in subjection? Scripture indicates that it would be Jesus, “the appointed heir of all things” (Hebrews 1:2). “All authority” has been given, not to any angel, but to Jesus (Matthew 28:18). All angels, authorities, and powers “have been made subject to Him” (1 Peter 3:22). “In putting everything under him, God left nothing that is not subject to him” (Hebrews 2:8, NIV, emp. added). Jesus, therefore, is not Michael, the archangel, “for it was not to angels that God subjected the world to come” (Hebrews 2:5, RSV).

One final proof that Jesus is not Michael the archangel actually comes from one of the five passages in which Michael’s name is found in Scripture—Jude 9. According to Jude: “Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, ‘The Lord rebuke you!’ ” Whereas Michael would not dare pronounce a railing judgment against the devil (cf. 2 Peter 2:11), Jesus once declared about Satan: “He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it” (John 8:44). Jesus did not approach the subject of rebuking Satan with the same hesitation as godly angels like Michael. Jesus, as Lord of heaven and Earth (Matthew 28:18), boldly called the devil a murderer and liar, and even went so far as to declare that “there is no truth in him.” The Son of God obviously is not Michael the archangel.

I find it extremely puzzling how Jehovah’s Witnesses can conclude that there is no biblical proof of Jesus being deity, and yet at the same time allege that “[t]here is Scriptural evidence for concluding that Michael was the name of Jesus Christ before he left heaven and after his return” (Watchtower, 1969, p. 307, emp. added). Where is the evidence? There is none. Jesus is not Michael the archangel; rather, He is exactly Who the apostle John said He was (John 1:1,14), Who Thomas said He was (John 20:28), and even Who His enemies accused Him of making Himself (John 5:18; 10:33). Jesus is God. I submit.

Jude 9 calls Michael "the Archangel". There's no indication from authentic bible books that there's more than one Archangel, being Michael. A key reason to believe Jesus ( having the voice of an archangel) is Michael, else why go borrow voice of Archangel.

Michael not condemning Satan in abusive terms at that time is no sign of hesitation - the time wasn't right to condemn Satan. And the "Lord" to do the "rebuking" there is certainly the Lord God Jehovah/Yahweh. No doubt Michael did not hesitate because in due time, same Michael leads his angels (Rev 12:7) against Satan and prevails against him. Michael there acted like Jesus would, defer to God's authority. Remember Jesus severally deferred to God's authority, like in John 8:28 - " So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me."

Note too that Rev 12:7 says Michael (being Archangel) has his angels. Jesus is also spoken of having his angels at his command and using them to do God's work. (2 Thessalonians 1:7)

Jesus is not God Almighty. Whatever power Jesus has is given to him by God, and he is not equal to God, clear from 1 Corinthians 15:27,28. - "For he “has put everything under his feet.”Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all".

And also John 14:28 - " “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."

There's only one Almighty God, the Father (Yahweh/Jehovah) who is greater than Jesus and Jesus remains subordinate to God.

Being Archangel or Chief of Angels does not demean Christ in anyway. Jesus as Archangel, commanding other angels, still remains the 2nd highest person in the whole universe subordinate only to the Almighty God, his Father who Jesus himself worships. And in due time, at God's command, Jesus will summarily deal with the troublemaker Satan.

As Hebrews clearly show, Jesus is superior to ordinary angels ( btw, the word "angel" means "messenger" ) - he is the Archangel, the commander of angels.

But Jesus himself is a messenger of God, clearly being called the "messenger of the covenant" (or "angel of the testament" - Catholic's Douay-Rheims Bible, http://drbo.org/chapter/44003.htm) in Malachi 3:1 - "Lo, I am sending My messenger, And he hath prepared a way before Me, And suddenly come in unto his temple Doth the Lord whom ye are seeking, Even the messenger of the covenant, Whom ye are desiring, Lo, he is coming, said Jehovah of Hosts". - Young's.

So if the Bible calls Jesus a messenger of God, Jesus himself says he's obeys and carries out his Father's commands and does nothing by himself, then why do people worry? If there's something we all need to learn from Christ the Messiah, it's his obedience, to his Father and God.

3 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Forwetinnah: 11:19pm On Sep 23, 2013
MEILYN: for your mind you don talk better tin.

For that your small brain, you dey support the RIGHT thing..I never quoted or mentioned you to start with so please crawl back from whence thou cometh. You lot resort to insults the minute any1s idea doesn't conform to your absurdity. Shift biko, make I breath fresh air
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 23, 2013
TroGunn:

Jude 9 calls Michael "the Archangel". There's no indication from authentic bible books that there's more than one Archangel, being Michael. A key reason to believe Jesus ( having the voice of an archangel) is Michael, else why go borrow voice of Archangel.

Michael not condemning Satan in abusive terms at that time is no sign of hesitation - the time wasn't right to condemn Satan. And the "Lord" to do the "rebuking" there is certainly the Lord God Jehovah/Yahweh. No doubt Michael did not hesitate because in due time, same Michael leads his angels (Rev 12:7) against Satan and prevails against him. Michael there acted like Jesus would, defer to God's authority. Remember Jesus severally deferred to God's authority, like in John 8:28 - " So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me."

Note too that Rev 12:7 says Michael (being Archangel) has his angels. Jesus is also spoken of having his angels at his command and using them to do God's work. (2 Thessalonians 1:7)

Jesus is not God Almighty. Whatever power Jesus has is given to him by God, and he is not equal to God, clear from 1 Corinthians 15:27,28. - "For he “has put everything under his feet.”Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all".

And also John 14:28 - " “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."

There's only one Almighty God, the Father (Yahweh/Jehovah) who is greater than Jesus and Jesus remains subordinate to God.

Being Archangel or Chief of Angels does not demean Christ in anyway. Jesus as Archangel, commanding other angels, still remains the 2nd highest person in the whole universe subordinate only to the Almighty God, his Father who Jesus himself worships. And in due time, at God's command, Jesus will summarily deal with the troublemaker Satan.

As Hebrews clearly show, Jesus is superior to ordinary angels ( btw, the word "angel" means "messenger" ) - he is the Archangel, the commander of angels.

But Jesus himself is a messenger of God, clearly being called the "messenger of the covenant" (or "angel of the testament" - Catholic's Douay-Rheims Bible, http://drbo.org/chapter/44003.htm) in Malachi 3:1 - "Lo, I am sending My messenger, And he hath prepared a way before Me, And suddenly come in unto his temple Doth the Lord whom ye are seeking, Even the messenger of the covenant, Whom ye are desiring, Lo, he is coming, said Jehovah of Hosts". - Young's.

So if the Bible calls Jesus a messenger of God, Jesus himself says he's obeys and carries out his Father's commands and does nothing by himself, then why do people worry? If there's something we all need to learn from Christ the Messiah, it's his obedience, to his Father and God.
Heretical Interpretation. Son of Trinity.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by SeaSalt: 11:25pm On Sep 23, 2013
SeaSalt:

cool
ariseandshine: Heresy!

What is the heresy? The Word of God?

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

And you now demote Him to an angel called Michael?

Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

So ask you:
#1. Is Michael God?
#2. Jesus NEVER used anything else in His defeat of Satan, why did Michael have to use the Blood of the Lamb?
#3. Are you sure Michael is holding all things together by the word of His power?
#4. So because the description of angels resemble that of Jesus, it makes Michael Jesus - What about Moses face shinning like the Sun - Is Moses also Jesus Christ?
#5. So an angel died/shed his blood for all humanity?

2 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by MEILYN(m): 11:29pm On Sep 23, 2013
For wetin nah?:

For that your small brain, you dey support the RIGHT thing..I never quoted or mentioned you to start with so please crawl back from whence thou cometh. You lot resort to insults the minute any1s idea doesn't conform to your absurdity. Shift biko, make I breath fresh air
hehehe, i didnt insult u mr man, so go and sit down lets see the enlightened ppl.

2 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Forwetinnah: 11:30pm On Sep 23, 2013
MEILYN: lwtmb....

See who dey talk better thing..since you show for this thread, which meaningful contribution you don make..?na praise singer you be, finish!
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 23, 2013
ariseandshine: Heretical Interpretation. Son of Trinity.

Trinity is the heresy. Read the bible, forego useless traditions.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by SeaSalt: 11:34pm On Sep 23, 2013
TroGunn:

You're so so heretical.

Jesus is not God Almighty?

Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Genesis 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

If you say this is not the same God, then you are claiming TWO Gods - and that is a complete heresy!

Jesus Christ is God Almighty!
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by MEILYN(m): 11:35pm On Sep 23, 2013
For wetin nah?:

See who dey talk better thing..since you show for this thread, which meaningful contribution you don make..?na praise singer you be, finish!
My Brother Obadiah don already contribute everytin, him don talk all the better tin. I no won waste my time dey convince stiff necked reprobates. Ur mind is already made up shey? Follow ur path oo.

2 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by MEILYN(m): 11:39pm On Sep 23, 2013
SeaSalt:

You're so so heretical.

Jesus is not God Almighty?

Genesis 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

If you say this is not the same God, then you are claiming TWO Gods - and that is a complete heresy!

Jesus Christ is God Almighty!
oga patapata scoffer. Chief prince of scoffing grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply)

HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. / Delta Pastor Heals Lady Whose Period Stopped At Age Of 18, Sister Runs Mad / Deeper Life Bible Church Auditorium In Lagos (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.