Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,032 members, 7,810,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West (16863 Views)

Former Italy And Ac Milan Legend Maldini Dies At 84. / London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? / Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by CrazyGooner(m): 11:28pm On Sep 20, 2013
Lol
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Fynestboi: 11:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by leofab(f): 11:36pm On Sep 20, 2013
Taribo fly joor. Self Proclaimed...
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Ibime(m): 11:37pm On Sep 20, 2013
I think Taribo meant to say he was "older" than Maldini but he got misquoted.

Pesin wey no better pass Uche Okechukwu dey claim to be Maldini oga.

No wonder him dey jump like confused fowl when Laudrup brothers and Ebbe Sand knack am four goals during France 1998.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Gwekzy: 11:39pm On Sep 20, 2013
Dis man, I don tel U say 2much Dongoyaro no gud 4 U..Now see as U dey talk 4rm back 2 front...

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Ugojames(m): 11:44pm On Sep 20, 2013
cryI only have one thing to tell mr west, end time things
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by stjudas(m): 11:51pm On Sep 20, 2013
.....better than Pele too.... #Dreamer#
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Nobody: 11:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
Evestar, I just unfollowed you.
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Austeenxx: 12:21am On Sep 21, 2013
Kill that thing!
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by dadicvila(m): 12:39am On Sep 21, 2013
Better than King Paolo Maldini,the 3rd best defender in Football history??abi this Man think say Nigerians been never dey watch european football then??
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by sobastical: 12:51am On Sep 21, 2013
okay, *yawns and fall back to sleep*
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Elijah348(m): 1:35am On Sep 21, 2013
,by the power invested in me by the garri association of nigeria.......uu knw d rest
@ topic- taribo don turn joseph the dreamer.

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by maxit2(m): 1:48am On Sep 21, 2013
Ayoo_xx: Smh...very soon yobo go talk say e betta pas david luiz...

You do realise your comment doesn't make any sense right ?
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by tbaba1234: 2:29am On Sep 21, 2013
Actually at his prime, Taribo was at least on the same level with Maldini. He was a terrific player for Auxerre and Inter. I suspect that there are a lot of kids commenting here otherwise there is nothing wrong with his statement.

5 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Odunharry(m): 3:01am On Sep 21, 2013
Best joke so far
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Odunharry(m): 3:05am On Sep 21, 2013
Joke of d century.....end tym statement
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by pharmow: 3:07am On Sep 21, 2013
tbaba1234: Actually at his prime, Taribo was at least on the same level with Maldini. He was a terrific player for Auxerre and Inter. I suspect that there are a lot of kids commenting here otherwise there is nothing wrong with his statement.

The only reasonable comment in the entire thread.

Taribo West may not be better than Maldini as he claimed, but am sure that in his prime he was one of the best defenders in the world and he was very close to Maldini level if not on the same level. The fact that he was selected for the World best eleven two different times support this. I wouldn't disagree with what he said that the club gave preferential to italian players considering the fact that Costacurta was selected ahead him. People should try and make reasonable comment on this forum cos most of the time I read response to topics, I understand the reason why so many youths are unemployed in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by muzzol: 3:51am On Sep 21, 2013
tbaba1234: Actually at his prime, Taribo was at least on the same level with Maldini. He was a terrific player for Auxerre and Inter. I suspect that there are a lot of kids commenting here otherwise there is nothing wrong with his statement.

Taribo was never as good as Maldini, moreover, the Taribo that played for AC Milan was a Taribo that was already dwindling due to age, no wonder he couldn't get a top club afterwards. Soon Taiye Taiwo will come and sell racism talk to Nigerians on why he couldn't get a shirt for Milan, at least Oduamadi is tactically saying the same. And this is comming from someone who watched Taribo when he was at Obanta.
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by tbaba1234: 4:01am On Sep 21, 2013
muzzol:

Taribo was never as good as Maldini, moreover, the Taribo that played for AC Milan was a Taribo that was already dwindling due to age, no wonder he couldn't get a top club afterwards. Soon Taiye Taiwo will come and sell racism talk to Nigerians on why he couldn't get a shirt for Milan, at least Oduamadi is tactically saying the same. And this is comming from someone who watched Taribo when he was at Obanta.

Untrue, Taribo was a super starter at centre back for the Inter team that won the UEFA Cup.. That same team had the legendary ronaldo. At AC milan, he was already dwindling. My statement refered to West at his prime.
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Jaytee1985: 5:18am On Sep 21, 2013
LesbianBoy: Kanye west i know,
North west i know,
Taribo west i don't know........pls who is he and what is he famous for
may b u were born in d late 90s 4 u nt to know taribo west, anyway he is a former super eagle defender.
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Mamacita007(f): 5:30am On Sep 21, 2013
taribo gini na pablo onye? rapu ndi asiri lloooooll

wats this thread about? grin grin

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Odehfamily(m): 5:42am On Sep 21, 2013
I won't put my mouth! Buh, don't feel superior;for ur return is soil.
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Nobody: 6:14am On Sep 21, 2013
angry For Hin Tiny Mind!!
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by emmabest2000(m): 6:35am On Sep 21, 2013
Taribo S O R R Y tongue
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 21, 2013
Really?
Delusional fella actually believes his own hype.
Not worth commenting on.
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by kstyle2(m): 6:46am On Sep 21, 2013
Evry1 is entitled 2 his or her opinion....i wont b suprised if makinwa coms n says he's beta dan cr7

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Bet9ja Game That Won 30 Million Naira In Owerri / Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry / C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.