Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,189 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West (16865 Views)

Former Italy And Ac Milan Legend Maldini Dies At 84. / London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? / Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Jayclinics(m): 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2013
Jezzzzzz!
Nigerian players of those days dy wowo ooo, see as taribo dy like Weti my small broda see call njiiiiiii!!! Jezzzzzz!
Nigerian players of those days dy wowo ooo, see as taribo dy like Weti my small broda see call njiiiiiii!!!
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by uffforum: 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2013
Taribo West Was a great star i think what he said is right he is better than Maldini.
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by ksbusari(m): 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2013
Most of u were kids when taribo was playing so shut ur mouths. There was selection problem. D same tin could happen in Nigeria too if we av a good league. Taribo gave us d best.
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Elxandre(m): 12:56pm On Sep 21, 2013
Gpattern: i asked how many africans? You just called öne? And by the way how many seasons did mr weah enjoy first team there? Its the same issue that is in man u...(man utd don't really like black and south american players)
What are you talking about?
Evra- black senegalese
valencia- black
mikel - black (united hustled to sign him)
welbeck- black ghanaian (this guy shouldn't be playing for united sef)
nani- (black player from cape verde)
United aint tribal abeg!!
**And all these children talking about taribo sef, what do you know?
Go check those late 90's clips and see Taribo was a superstar at inter then..
If you are outta your depth on an issue, just dont talk thrash..
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Gpattern(m): 1:00pm On Sep 21, 2013
Elxandre:
What are you talking about?
Evra- black senegalese
valencia- black
mikel - black (united hustled to sign him)
welbeck- black ghanaian (this guy shouldn't be playing for united sef)
nani- (black player from cape verde)
United aint tribal abeg!!
**And all these children talking about taribo sef, what do you know?
Go check those late 90's clips and see Taribo was a superstar at inter then..
If you are outta your depth on an issue, just dont talk thrash..
i mean black africans... And do all the players u called play for any africa nation?

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by segzicres(m): 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2013
Taribo was actually good. @least from fm '02 his tackling mas 16/20 and marking 18/20 but his speed was 6 I think. So I think he was an average defender. Not as good as maldini tho
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by chucky234(m): 1:10pm On Sep 21, 2013
I started following Taribo when he was playing for Auxerre in France,at Inter,Derby County and the last German club he played Taribo was the best and I can say he was far better than Paolo as a center back.
Paolo Maldini was more suited to the left full back role but he wouldnt allowed any good defender play if he sense the new player taking the shine off him,thats why he shuttled himself between the center back and left back positions.
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 21, 2013
lol
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by chucky234(m): 1:12pm On Sep 21, 2013
segzi cres: Taribo was actually good. @least from fm '02 his tackling mas 16/20 and marking 18/20 but his speed was 6 I think. So I think he was an average defender. Not as good as maldini tho
He was better than Maldini as a center back.
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by segzicres(m): 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2013
I don't know about a central defender but as a whole defender maldini was better. I mean he balled till he was 41?? That says a lot. Only goal keepers survive till that age
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2013
chucky234: He was better than Maldini as a center back.

Taribo West was not better than Paulo Maldini in any part of the football pitch

Maldini was a traditional left back who moved into Central defence as he grew older. But Maldini's ability to read passes and also pass the ball from the back as even a Central defender is far better than Taribo's

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by russianmob27: 1:43pm On Sep 21, 2013
no be only taribo west, na taribo south south angry angry
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by chucky234(m): 1:58pm On Sep 21, 2013
mikeansy:

Maldini was a traditional left back who moved into Central defence as he grew older. But Maldini's ability to read passes and also pass the ball from the back as even a Central defender is far better than Taribo's

Well I started watching AC when Paolo's father was still playing for AC Milan, in the early 90's coaches tried pairing Paolo with Franco Baresi but Maldini always had that flaws playing as a center back.
In 2004 Paolo Maldini was paired with Alexander Nesta in Milan derby against Inter and was made silly by Obafemi Martins,the coach had to play him as a left back in the return leg fixture yet Obagoal took advantage of Paolo's weakness and scored.
As a center back Taribo was better than Paolo Maldini.
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Gpattern(m): 2:01pm On Sep 21, 2013
Gpattern: i mean black africans... And do all the players u called play for any africa nation?
guy why u dey vex... I be man utd fan and i believe even pass u.
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by write2obi(m): 2:07pm On Sep 21, 2013
Gpattern: i mean black africans... And do all the players u called play for any africa nation?
Do United hate blacks?
----------------Africans?
----------------Black?
-------------players dat plays in Nations cup?
*Welbeck started playing for United even when he was still eligible to play for Ghana
Maybe if you stop talking, ppl wont know how dump you are.
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by write2obi(m): 2:09pm On Sep 21, 2013
chucky234: I started following Taribo when he was playing for Auxerre in France,at Inter,Derby County and the last German club he played Taribo was the best and I can say he was far better than Paolo as a center back.
Paolo Maldini was more suited to the left full back role but he wouldnt allowed any good defender play if he sense the new player taking the shine off him,thats why he shuttled himself between the center back and left back positions.
So players now choose where they'll play? Okwe itz well.
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by write2obi(m): 2:11pm On Sep 21, 2013
Taribo was a decent centre Back that's all.
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Celepope: 2:17pm On Sep 21, 2013
chucky234: I started following Taribo when he was playing for Auxerre in France,at Inter,Derby County and the last German club he played Taribo was the best and I can say he was far better than Paolo as a center back.
If your statement is true about watching AC Milan in the early 90's then I doubt your claim.For you to have even compared West to Maldini is an insult.Paulo Maldini is a god when talking about defence.Taribo was slow in his days in recovering.Can u imagine people comparing both.That's how one day Christiano Ronaldo will come claim he was better than the Brazillian Ronaldo in the future.Bros abeg talk another thing jare.That doesn't mean west wasn't a good defender.it should be noted that he is not Nigeria's best defender ever.When such statement is to be considered Uche Okechechukwu comes first.That's for those that know football and watched him play.
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Gpattern(m): 2:23pm On Sep 21, 2013
write2obi:
Do United hate blacks?
----------------Africans?
----------------Black?
-------------players dat plays in Nations cup?
*Welbeck started playing for United even when he was still eligible to play for Ghana
Maybe if you stop talking, ppl wont know how dump you are.
guy if u think u dnt have a dumb head u would have gone back in history... But anyway its nt ur fault u just started watching epl.
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by MrMac10(m): 2:34pm On Sep 21, 2013
Taribo west in his peak was a World class Defender Paolo maldini is a Living legend I love em both
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by siino(m): 2:57pm On Sep 21, 2013
Super story, we don hear
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 21, 2013
chucky234: Well I started watching AC when Paolo's father was still playing for AC Milan, in the early 90's coaches tried pairing Paolo with Franco Baresi but Maldini always had that flaws playing as a center back.
In 2004 Paolo Maldini was paired with Alexander Nesta in Milan derby against Inter and was made silly by Obafemi Martins,the coach had to play him as a left back in the return leg fixture yet Obagoal took advantage of Paolo's weakness and scored.

so you judge a defender with one match?

am sure the Danish team will not have very flattering things to say about Taribo too
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by naijathings(m): 3:48pm On Sep 21, 2013
meat wey dey pot dey talk... kpomo seff wan talk. smh.
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by chic2pimp(m): 4:47pm On Sep 21, 2013
chucky234: Well I started watching AC when Paolo's father was still playing for AC Milan, in the early 90's coaches tried pairing Paolo with Franco Baresi but Maldini always had that flaws playing as a center back.

Haba Una too dey lie. If u actually did watch Ac Milan in the 90s u would have known Maldini actually did play centre back whenever either Baresia or costarcuta was missing and he did excel playing that role. He was magnificent in Milan's 4-0 drubbing of the dream team when we had both our regular centre back pairing missing. Not forgetting italy's world cup campaign in the states where he played most of the games at centre back.

Funny you should mention 2004 because the centre half pairing of sandro and paolo was one of the main reasons we won the Scudetto. If we want to talk about mistakes I'm pretty sure we'll be here till 2moro if we made a list of taribo's mistake.
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Psalhadeen: 5:10pm On Sep 21, 2013
No one can doubt that,we Africans r particularly gifted but have no platform from which we can show off our Godgiven endowments.No one can argue that,medals n appearances apart,I can vow it anywhere that Taribo West is beta than Paolo Maldini n most of all the azzuri defenders of his dayz.'Cos l knew when Taribo West was playing 4 Nigeria was highly feared n reverred.There were also some confessions of some very technically sound defenders in d Nigerian league,that said, when asked, that as long as TW still plays they can never make super eagles list to any national or international tournament.What actually killed Taribo West was arrogancy;he never took time to study wat made d coach to prefer PM and other defenders 2 him.
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by junglej: 5:11pm On Sep 21, 2013
Taribo was a beast when he playe for Inter Milan and was still decent when he moved to AC Milan. He was so good that during the world cup in France in 1he was one of the stars in papers here in the US to look out for. Forget that then we had the likes of Kanu, Finidi, Amokachi, Jayjay. He wa the only African whose picture was in the USA todays papers to look out for. I think what prolly killed him was the fact that he didn't take ish and was very stubborn
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by engroke(m): 9:10pm On Sep 21, 2013
LesbianBoy: Kanye west i know,
North west i know,
Taribo west i don't know........pls who is he and what is he famous for
Am sorry for not introducing him 2 u, Taribo West is the new sensation in naija comedy and @times feature in nollywood movie....he is married to genevieve nnaji
So taribo meets lesb, lesb pls meet world famous taribo
Both hug themselves
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by write2obi(m): 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2013
Pathetic!
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Ibime(m): 4:06am On Sep 22, 2013
mikeansy:

Gbam!!

Taribo was a good defender but lacking positional discipline at times. I would not compare him favourably with Chidi Nwanu and Uche Okechukwu talkless of Maldini.
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by banky222: 7:06am On Sep 22, 2013
Maldini, after reading this story was like : who is this man? Can't just figure out his face. Did we ever play together ?
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by chucky234(m): 8:55am On Sep 22, 2013
mikeansy:

so you judge a defender with one match?

am sure the Danish team will not have very flattering things to say about Taribo too
Taribo was never the reason we lost to Denmark,himself and Jay Jay were the only players who gave their best in that match.

Judge by one match?
Taribo was playing with Auxerre and had a successful spell with Inter Milan,you have to be one of the best around to play for Inter back then.
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by chucky234(m): 9:01am On Sep 22, 2013
Cele-pope:

If your statement is true about watching AC Milan in the early 90's then I doubt your claim.For you to have even compared West to Maldini is an insult.Paulo Maldini is a god when talking about defence.Taribo was slow in his days in recovering.Can u imagine people comparing both.That's how one day Christiano Ronaldo will come claim he was better than the Brazillian Ronaldo in the future.Bros abeg talk another thing jare.That doesn't mean west wasn't a good defender.it should be noted that he is not Nigeria's best defender ever.When such statement is to be considered Uche Okechechukwu comes first.That's for those that know football and watched him play.
In the 80s and 90s center backs were never to be fast runners as they hard overlap, I can mention dozens of defenders who were far slower than Taribo yet highly regarded.
Taribo single hardedly saved Derby County from relegation,he was a beast with Inter Milan.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Bet9ja Game That Won 30 Million Naira In Owerri / Petit: Lampard Could Go The Same Way As Henry / C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.