Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! (9339 Views)

Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 22, 2013
Funny thing is the word "God" was created by humans.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Delafruita(m): 8:24am On Sep 22, 2013
rastamouse:

This is the first step. The HOLY SPIRIT will do the rest. I suggest that all x'tians here should leave bola alone for now
I doubt he's looking forward to a liason with the holy spirit.vishnu...yes
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Delafruita(m): 8:29am On Sep 22, 2013
bolaino: well from my point of view, Good and evil is a universal concept, in nearly all cultures there are similarities between their idea of Good and evil, but as cultures and traditions are subject to change with time, the concepts of Good and evil has been misinterpreted whether deliberately or otherwise, but it still doesn't change what the natural and spiritual worlds think of Good and evil. These are universal concepts.
now you're reasoning logically from YOUR OWN POINT OF VIEW.however,to be religious,you have to do away with logic.there is no definite concept of good and evil.its all dependent on the society and the circumstances
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by bolaino(m): 9:34am On Sep 22, 2013
ifeness: Funny thing is the word "God" was created by humans.
yes it was created by Man to explain a phenomenon, in the same way atheism was created to express an ideology.

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 22, 2013
bolaino: yes it was created by Man to explain a phenomenon, in the same way atheism was created to express an ideology.

The point here is there is no particular almighty god. Anyone can become a god. As a matter of fact most tyrants become gods to the people they oppressed . The term "god" was first used by the Egyptians. Amen Ra(Marduk) who claimed to be the Sun deity. He was worshiped as the only true god. Same happened in Ancient Greek,Africa,Europe. Etc. the Vikings had their own warrior god just as Yahweh was for the jews. Whoever won a battle will impose their god on the vanquished. Same applies to Africans today, the regions conquered by islam are Muslims and the other parts are Christians. god in all tradition is a symbol of fear and total submission.

The idea of seeing the world for what it truly is, a process whereby human can activate their freewill. It is not the lack of belief in god,but the realisation that god doesn't exist. That is wht atheism is.

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Delafruita(m): 10:14am On Sep 22, 2013
ifeness:

The point here is there is no particular almighty god. Anyone can become a god. As a matter of fact most tyrants become gods to the people they oppressed . The term "god" was first used by the Egyptians. Amen Ra(Marduk) who claimed to be the Sun deity. He was worshiped as the only true god. Same happened in Ancient Greek,Africa,Europe. Etc. the Vikings had their own warrior god just as Yahweh was for the jews. Whoever won a battle will impose their god on the vanquished. Same applies to Africans today, the regions conquered by islam are Muslims and the other parts are Christians. god in all tradition is a symbol of fear and total submission.

The idea of seeing the world for what it truly is, a process whereby human can activate their freewill. It is not the lack of belief in god,but the realisation that god doesn't exist. That is wht atheism is.
the bolded is the exact thing the religious refuse to understand.the concept of god varies from one civilization to the next.there is no absolute and while every god claims to be the almighty,there is no almighty.

atheism is more than the realisation that there is no almighty.its more about opening up the mind to logic.opening up to reason and analysing every situation,claim or assertion based on its merits.thats why atheists know more about he bible than even the religious.atheists dont discard claims with the wave of the hand,rather they seek for its merits and demerits and then arrive at a logical conclusion.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by waldigit: 10:39am On Sep 22, 2013
frank3.16:
This is plain horrible!!! Well I know that God is a default state of mind for every good thing that happen to us for those who want it to be so.
You wake up in the morning even with a headache and ur mother dies... It is God that woke u up and ensured u see a new day... But who killed ur mother?
You miss a plain crash that killed 74 people, both babies and kids, it is God that caused u to miss the flight, but who allowed those others not to miss the same flight.
Why would God save u and kill those others? Is it because u are more special? Or u are more rightous? Ok because of his grace? Is his grace not on them?
@op? How was God good to u? Why was he not good to my lovely ex girl (very good and wonderful girl, prayerful and trying to make me churchious) who died in a car crash but good to u. Why did he choose u despite ur disbelieve, but not to my late pastor who died at a young age leaving his immature kids and young wife?

Beloved, I understand your pains and groanings that cannot be uttered. Pls. Don't look for man to answer you these questions. Its God himself that can answer them through his word.the answer is already answered in the scripture but you need infilling of holy spirit to discern. But to extend your question I want to ask: why should God allow his only begotten son be killed by sinners why He was sitting down helpless. Why would He allow his son disciples be slaughterd one after another. Why would He allow 1st and 2nd world war with colossal lost of human lives. There are more qiestion than answers.
Behold I show you a great misery, as long as this world remains there shall always be tears and Joy. The world is destined to Perish. John 3:16
Shalom

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by italo: 11:18am On Sep 22, 2013
There is only one God but mankind has found 3000 ways to describe him.

2 Likes

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 22, 2013
italo: There is only one God but mankind has found 3000 ways to describe him.

Wrong...there could be many gods or no gods.

The very fact that you are certain that only your God exists with the exact same nonsensical evidence that others who claim there are many gods have shows that all you theists are quite deluded

The God Delusion

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 22, 2013
italo: There is only one God but mankind has found 3000 ways to describe him.

You are free to tell me why Sango doesnt exist

or Zeus.

Why only your God

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by UyiIredia(m): 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2013
Delafruita: now you're reasoning logically from YOUR OWN POINT OF VIEW.however,to be religious,you have to do away with logic.there is no definite concept of good and evil.its all dependent on the society and the circumstances

If there is no definite concept as good and evil, then it follows that r@pe, murder, genocide, necr*phil*a etc can be said to bee good depending on the context. Do you agree ?

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by UyiIredia(m): 12:37pm On Sep 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

or Zeus.

Why only your God

I'm quite sure your understanding of God wrt the Greek & Ifa religion is superficial.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by sylve11: 12:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ok bolaino. I used to respect ur views back then even though u r an atheist. I hope i respect ur views better now that u r a theist? Best of luck! cool

2 Likes

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by SeaSalt: 1:26pm On Sep 22, 2013
bolaino: ......

@plaethon, boss, if I tell u that I can really explain what led to this change I would be lying, I don't know why God allows evil to happen to Good people, and why even good happening to evil people, I am not God. And I am not a spirit. But what I know is that the ways of God are not our ways, we are humans and we would definitely see things from a human perspective. God is a spirit. And I feel he/she/it knows better,

I'm not saying that u guys should just take everything that happens as the will of God, No, rather ask questions, God in his infinite wisdom will surely give you answers, I emplore my atheist brethren to be steadfast in their quest for enlightenment. But you should also be more tolerant of other people's views and religions, whether u thinks it's true or not.

NAMASTE!!!

#1. You need to read this article about why bad things happen to good people, it helped me; what you and I call bad is actually seen from a different perspective by God: http://brotherjohn.org/why-do-the-righteous-suffer/

#2. If you claim to have come to believe in God, then you need to start living in awe and deep reverence of the God; why? He's Supreme to all. So, He is not a "it" and not even a "she", because He is referred to as a "He" from where we get to know Him - the Bible.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by texanomaly(f): 1:31pm On Sep 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wrong...there could be many gods or no gods.

The very fact that you are certain that only your God exists with the exact same nonsensical evidence that others who claim there are many gods have shows that all you theists are quite deluded

The God Delusion
Let's try that again.

Sorry for changing your quote.
Good morning
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by SeaSalt: 1:33pm On Sep 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

or Zeus.

Why only your God

Who says Sango or Zeus doesn't exist?
They do and even many more!
They are fallen angels who try to make themselves as superior to you.

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:51pm On Sep 22, 2013
SeaSalt:

Sango is not fallen angel. Go out there and learn
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 22, 2013
bolaino be like say God dey your side sha.

ermmm america has just bombed russian embassy in syria. these nukes finna start flying soon grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-4JYRWhWhg

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by plaetton: 1:56pm On Sep 22, 2013
SeaSalt:

How convenient.
Yahweh is the true god and all others are fallen Angels.
At least they are no longer myths and have been promoted to fallen Angels.

"My God is the rue God".
Hhhmmm!
Where have I heard that before?
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 22, 2013
@bolaino: although this is a nice decision, acknowledging God. Just acknowledging him won't do you much good in this dispensation. The devil(I suppose you acknowledge him too) also acknowledges God. To truly be free from sin and fear, that terrible curse. You MUST know God you see. Prayer changes things. I'll keep praying for you

God bless

4 Likes

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 22, 2013
Chibuebem: @bolaino: although this is a nice decision, acknowledging God. Just acknowledging him won't do you much good in this dispensation. The devil(I suppose you acknowledge him too) also acknowledges God. To truly be free from sin and fear, that terrible curse. You MUST know God you see. Prayer changes things. I'll keep praying for you

God bless
indeed Chibuebem, indeed

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by italo: 2:37pm On Sep 22, 2013
Yes. Yes, @ Chibuebem, he needs our prayers more than our arguments.

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Delafruita(m): 3:01pm On Sep 22, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

If there is no definite concept as good and evil, then it follows that r@pe, murder, genocide, necr*phil*a etc can be said to bee good depending on the context. Do you agree ?
definitely.murder is just the same as killing.irrespective of whether its in war,self-defence or otherwise.a life is taken but the classification as good or evil depends on the society and circumstance
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by UyiIredia(m): 4:49pm On Sep 22, 2013
Delafruita:
definitely.murder is just the same as killing.irrespective of whether its in war,self-defence or otherwise.a life is taken but the classification as good or evil depends on the society and circumstance

Fair enough. I quote the above for future reference. I shall also assume given your response, that you believe that r@pe, genocide and necroph**lia are good depending on society and circumstance.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by jayriginal: 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2013

Delafruita:

Uyi Iredia:

Fair enough. I quote the above for future reference. I shall also assume given your response, that you believe that r@pe, genocide and necroph**lia are good depending on society and circumstance.

A life is taken means a life is taken. Thats never good. Perhaps Delafruita didnt express himself properly but this is what I would say on the matter.

Its never good when a life is taken but there may be justifiable reasons for taking a life. The important question is what justifies taking a life.

As for rape and necrophilia, those are touchy subjects and while I do have a view on them, I refrain from commenting on them because most people cannot "refresh their page". They cannot look at things from a neutral point of view.

As an example, there are many people who dont see executing criminals by firing squad as barbaric. In fact, they will advocate worse. However, when they hear of muslims beheading others or stoning them to death, they condemn it.

For that reason I choose to keep my views on the latter two practices you mentioned to myself.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by jayriginal: 5:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
obadiah777: bolaino be like say God dey your side sha.

ermmm america has just bombed russian embassy in syria. these nukes finna start flying soon grin grin

Didnt hear this. Its all epl.

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Ishilove: 9:20pm On Sep 22, 2013
It's unbelievable how someone's newly renewed faith has been turned to a subject of debate by total strangers who haven't walked in his shoes.

Lord, in Your boundless mercy, forgive them and open their eyes to experience You.

2 Likes

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Afrobasic(m): 10:39pm On Sep 22, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I do agree with Delafruita in a way.. Considering genocide for example
The nukes on hiroshima and nagasaki was termed as "necessary" by the U.S.

On murder, it's the same, soldiers literally 'murder' people(othe soldiers) on the battle field and it's considered okay by the society...

Basically, good and evil are defined by the society and context
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 22, 2013
jayriginal:

Didnt hear this. Its all epl.
check out russia today
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by bolaino(m): 5:34am On Sep 23, 2013
sylve11: Ok bolaino. I used to respect ur views back then even though u r an atheist. I hope i respect ur views better now that u r a theist? Best of luck! cool
thanks mann, and I hope u still find my views enjoyable in the unforeseen future.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by bolaino(m): 5:36am On Sep 23, 2013
Chibuebem: @bolaino: although this is a nice decision, acknowledging God. Just acknowledging him won't do you much good in this dispensation. The devil(I suppose you acknowledge him too) also acknowledges God. To truly be free from sin and fear, that terrible curse. You MUST know God you see. Prayer changes things. I'll keep praying for you

God bless
thanks sire, I really wish to have a personal relationship with God, but the christian God still doesn't appeal to me. But I would appreciate u puTting me in your prayers. Thanks a lot.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by bolaino(m): 5:37am On Sep 23, 2013
obadiah777: bolaino be like say God dey your side sha.

lol, yes sire, I claim it. The lord is on my side oooo, I don leave atheism now ooo, body dey sweet u shebi, lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Do You Feel About Black Jesus? / When Did Jesus Go To Heaven? / Cardinal Becciu: Vatican Court Convicts Former Pope Adviser Of Financial Crimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.