Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,515 members, 7,826,945 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here (37433 Views)

My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies / Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 5:39pm On Oct 07, 2013
Goshen360:

Are you. saying you received Christ and the holy spirit to help you obey the mosaic laws? If this is what you saying, lemme know so I can quote some mosaic laws and you tell us how Christ or holy spirit help you to fulfill them. And please, when I do, don't tell us some laws are ceremonial, while some are sacrificial because I will ask you where you also get such distinction from.
We are talking about the laws and commandment of God and if you can't dcode this let me help you with some scriptures :
Mathew 19:17-19''Why ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. But to answer your question—if you want to receive eternal life, keep[a] the commandments.“Which ones?” the man asked.And Jesus replied: “‘You must not murder. You must not commit adultery. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely.Honor your father and mother. Love your neighbor as yourself.''
Romans 13:10''Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.''
1 John 3:24''Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.''
James 1:25''But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.''
Mathew 23:23''What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens,[a] but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.''
1 Corinthians 6:18''Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.''
Just to mention a micro and infinitesimal number of them all,but if you say these are not laws what are they ? And what ever you think they are,where are they written and how do we know they should be obeyed and when we violate them,what tells us that we have gone contrary ?

God help us
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by pickabeau1: 5:41pm On Oct 07, 2013
cest fini

ikemofepo: I thank God that I've finally stopped attaching what God has already done for me to what I can do for him. Tithe payers are people who live in fear, are still under the bondage of the law and they do not know it. The deceptive grace teachers even go further to say Tithe is not a law thing, it's a faith thing. So, everything we get from God is by grace through faith, except one, money - YOU MUST TITHE! They have absolutely no basis for this deceptive gospel, teaching Malachi 3:8-10 and saying that wasn't under the law. Most church goers in Nigeria are stupid, desperate people who think religion is a way of making a fast buck. If you want tithing to work for you the way your pastor has described, go start your own church!

I'm sick of a Nigeria that has both the Church and the country as corrupt. The rate of birth of churches is directly proportional to the rate of corrupt practices. If we are to help to sanitize the church, and indeed the country. Remove the corrupt practices. If you're keen on tithing, show your pastor Deuteronomy 14. I pray that your eyes of understanding will be enlightened!
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by christemmbassey(m): 5:44pm On Oct 07, 2013
Goshen360:

Oh, I don give bros expo o before I saw your kweshun o..lolz grin Abeg how person fit edit him post sef? grin
we use to tell ilitrates dat, even if A is as big as Calabar stadium, they can not see it. Don't worry d bobo go just waka pass, they r blind to truth, na only tithe blessing them dey see
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by pickabeau1: 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
nice questions

Processor01: When I stopped tithing some questions started popping out of the scriptures;
- Why do I claim to be a joint heir with Christ and still say God's cut is primarily 10%.
- How do I claim to have the spirit of God leading me but run back to the letter(10% tithe) when it came to my money.
- Why do these preachers never mention the fact that Abraham not only titled but he gave away the remaining 90%.
- If tithing was taught by Peter and the early apostles, why didn't Annias and Sapphira just pay their tithe and walk away like most of us do now.
- How come it was never mentioned that Dorcas was a great tither? Would the church today have paid any attention to her death?

I know without any shadow of doubt that I am still far away from where and what I ought to be but I thank God for his grace and unflinching love.

GOD IS LOVE,
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 5:58pm On Oct 07, 2013
christemmbassey: what is the blessing of Abraham? Thats d key.
Genesis 12:2-3
''“1.I will make you into a great nation,
2. and I will bless you;
3.I will make your name great,
4. and you will be a blessing.
5.I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
6.and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you.
''
The above are the blessings of Abraham !
And these blessings can only get to us through our lord Jesus Christ as Christians !

God help us
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 6:02pm On Oct 07, 2013
christemmbassey: we use to tell ilitrates dat, even if A is as big as Calabar stadium, they can not see it. Don't worry d bobo go just waka pass, they r blind to truth, na only tithe blessing them dey see
If i don't see and go for the blessings and also acknowledge the fact that HE owns all i have,what else do you want me to go for when i already have salvation as given to me by Christ ? Do you think that being saved (heavenly bound)will put cash in ur pocket ? Na play you dey if you believe that one-Ask Lazarus him go tell you how far.
Anyway i want this discuss to be educative so some others can learn. E dey pain me say i no dey for this thread since,chai !

God help us
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 6:08pm On Oct 07, 2013
Goshen360:

Bros e, the blessing of Abraham is simply Christ. In Christ, we are blessed or sharing the blessing promised to Abraham Abi na Abraham cattle and silver you sharing from? grin

See below the blessings as promised by God to Abraham :
2. and I will bless you;
will be blessed through you.''
And these blessings can only get to us through our lord Jesus Christ as Christians but we still need to activate it just as we need to activate salvation that is made available to all that accepts it and not to those that rejects and refuses to pick it up !
Please have in mind that the issue at hand from my end is to tell you all that Tithing is absolutely,positively new testament !

God help us
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by christemmbassey(m): 6:26pm On Oct 07, 2013
m.k.o2005:

If i don't see and go for the blessings and also acknowledge the fact that HE owns all i have,what else do you want me to go for when i already have salvation as given to me by Christ ? Do you think that being saved (heavenly bound)will put cash in ur pocket ? Na play you dey if you believe that one-Ask Lazarus him go tell you how far.
Anyway i want this discuss to be educative so some others can learn. E dey pain me say i no dey for this thread since,chai !

God help us
bros d blessing of Abraham is Christ. And dat's d only thing dat connects us with Abraham. I will explain shortly, I'm in a meeting now. Cheers.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 07, 2013
m.k.o2005:

2. and I will bless you;
And these blessings can only get to us through our lord Jesus Christ as Christians but we still need to activate it just as we need to activate salvation that is made available to all that accepts it and not to those that rejects and refuses to pick it up !
Please have in mind that the issue at hand from my end is to tell you all that Tithing is absolutely,positively new testament !

God help us

[b]
God blessed Abram. What that blessing was and what it was for is the issue. Every one will agree that God blessed Abram as it is plainly stated in Genesis chapter twelve.

(Genesis 12:1–3 KJV) “Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.”

When Abram obeyed God he came into the covenant that God made with him. If you covenant or partner with God you will always be materially blessed. God doesn’t have any poverty and He does not want His people to be impoverished. Abram experienced the favor of God and prospered greatly. In Genesis chapter thirteen it clearly states that Abram was wealthy.

Gen. 13:2 And Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold.

While Abram’s wealth was the result of the blessing of God, it was not the objective of God. God was not making a covenant with Abram for the purpose of making him wealthy. It is often preached this way. God was making a covenant with Abram for the purpose of bringing redemption to mankind; and the prosperity Abram experienced was a “benefit” of his obedience to God. God clearly told Abram that in receiving God’s blessing, he was blessed to be a blessing. God was thinking about a lot more than Abram, He was thinking about all of humanity.

Within the “blessing of Abram” stated in Genesis 12:1-3, God clearly states His purpose for this covenant - “and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed”. God was working to do something for all of humanity - not just for Abram.

Remember, the promise made to Abram was made not only to him but to Christ and is repeated in the book of Galatians.

Gal. 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Gal. 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

When God spoke to Abram in Genesis chapter three, God had Christ in mind because the promise was made to both Abram and Christ. This alone ought to prove that the blessing of Abram was not merely a material blessing of wealth. To reduce it to such dishonors what God accomplished in Christ for us. Yet, in Christ, we have also been prospered. However, prosperity was not the purpose for God sending Christ. Jesus was sent for redemption.

Abram began to walk in obedience to God, and he proved himself to God on a number of occasions. On each occasion God expanded His covenant with Abram. After Abram presented the tithe to Melchizedek and professed his dependence upon God, God gave Abram an unusual experience and further solidified His covenant. God gave a vision to Abram and told him that his heir would be a child of his own (Genesis 15). In this vision a dialogue took place between Abram and God, and God promised that Abram’s seed would be as the stars of heaven in number.

(Genesis 15:5–6 KJV) “And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be. And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

The result of this experience is far more important than the promise of an innumerable offspring. Most people focus on the material side of things and then consider them to be the blessing. Abram’s response in this experience provided righteousness for him. Because he believed in the Lord, God counted it to him for righteousness. Being in right standing with God is a far bigger blessing than an innumerable offspring. Abram had become an heir of righteousness by faith.

There are only a very few people in the Bible who inherited righteousness by faith before Abram. Hebrews chapter eleven tells us that Abel obtained witness (from God) that he was righteous. Enoch pleased God so we know it was his faith that pleased Him, and Noah obeyed God in building the Ark and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith. (Hebrews 11:1-7) Imagine, the Bible tells us of only three people before Abram that were involved with faith for righteousness. Maybe this is why the Bible says:

(Romans 4:1–3 KJV) “What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.”[/b]
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
[b]Abraham “found” the law of faith for righteousness that Abel, Enoch and Noah had also found. Each of these men knew, from God, that they were received by God as righteous. That, my friends, is a tremendous blessing. I will take that over wealth any day, but, thank God we have been given prosperity also. We know that Abraham was not born again as we are in the New Covenant; but he was declared righteous, in paradise and waiting for Christ to be risen. It is imperative for us to understand the blessing of Abraham within the “big picture” or the whole plan of God. The Bible, from cover to cover is the plan of redemption for humanity.

It will help us to see the origin of the Law of Faith for Righteousness. It is called the “gospel” that was preached to Abraham and mentioned in the book of Galatians.

Gal. 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Few people understand that the gospel preceded Christ’s appearing. If the scripture saw before that God would justify the heathen through faith, then the Law of Faith for Righteousness had to be in effect before Abraham. Abel, Enoch and Noah all inherited it, and they were all before Abraham. Abel was the son of Adam and Eve! If he inherited righteousness by faith, then the Law of Faith for Righteousness was in effect sometime after the fall of Adam and before the offering that Abel made by which he obtained witness that he was righteous.

The gospel was preached by God in the Garden of Eden.

Gen. 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

This scripture, spoken by God Himself, says that He will bring a seed into the earth that will break the power and authority of the devil. That is what the phrase “it shall bruise thy head” means. It even reveals that the devil will bruise the heal of the seed that comes. Let me paraphrase. God is saying in effect, “I am going to redeem mankind myself.” God is saying that He will do the work of redemption - that’s grace.

A few verses after this announcement, God demonstrates to man how this will be accomplished.

Gen. 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

God sacrifices an animal to cover the sin of Adam and Eve. He shows Adam and Eve that without the shedding of blood there is no remission. Most scholars agree that God implemented a type of worship when He killed the animal and clothed Adam and Eve. So, they were instructed by God that He would send a seed into the earth to break the power of the devil and that it would require the blood of an innocent lamb. If they believed that, then they would be considered righteous. This was the beginning of and the establishment of the Law of Faith for Righteousness.

We immediately see Abel, Adam’s son, exercising this law. In Genesis chapter four Abel brings an offering to God of the firstlings of his flock, and the Bible says that the Lord “had respect” unto Abel and to his offering. Notice - he had respect unto Abel AND to his offering.

Gen. 4:4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto

Abel and to his offering:

God had received Abel based upon his offering - Abel was received. His offering was also received. This is a critical point to see. Out of the thousands of people that lived before Abraham, the Bible only mentions Abel, Enoch, and Noah as persons who understood the Law of Faith for Righteousness. There may have been others but we don’t know about them. We are not even sure about Adam because he was not mentioned. With this in mind, we can see how rare it was when Abraham “found” this law as listed in Romans chapter four. That was a blessing!

So, what was the blessing of Abraham listed in Galatians chapter three?

(Galatians 3:13–14 KJV) “Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”

The blessing of Abraham was that he was declared righteous by God through faith. It was also that he was called to covenant with God in bringing the Son of God into the earth. Remember, the promises were to Abraham and his seed (Christ). The blessing of Abraham was that he was righteousness by faith and not bound by the law of works. Actually, the Law caused the Law of Faith for Righteousness to be “shut up” until Christ came.

(Galatians 3:23–25 KJV) “But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.”

There was righteousness by faith before the Law and righteousness by faith after the Law, but apparently righteousness by faith was shut up during the Law.

(Galatians 3:10–12 KJV) “For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.”

Galatians chapter three is an argument by Paul declaring the Law of Faith for Righteousness was exercised and lived by Abraham and came to us in Christ. The Law was given between because of the transgressions of people until Christ could come. It was a means for God to show people their need for God to do the work to redeem them. That no human could ever keep the Law and achieve right standing with God. That only God could accomplish redemption in Christ. The fundamental curse of the Law was that no one could keep it.

We know that there are numerous curses listed in the Law in Deuteronomy chapter twenty-eight. But, Galatians says “the curse” - singular. Deuteronomy says “curses” - plural. Galatians chapter three verse thirteen is talking about the inability to keep the Law as a whole. Its talking about the fact that righteousness could never come by the Law. That is a curse!

The blessing of Abraham is that he participated in the Law of Faith for Righteousness that was also promised to Christ and that came to us in Christ.

We are redeemed from all the curses of the Law found in Deuteronomy because we are in Christ and have a New Covenant - a covenant not based on works that we could not keep. We are blessed and prospered also because of this New Covenant. These are all products or results of the Law of Righteousness by Faith. Since we are the righteousness of God in Christ; then we are free from any curse listed in the Law, and we are delivered from the curse of poverty.

Galatians chapter three must be read in total to understand the blessing of Abraham. It is particularly clear in the Amplified version of the Bible. We can use Galatians 3:13-14 to claim our prosperity because we are redeemed from poverty, but that is not the central point that God is making through Paul.[/b]
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
m.k.o2005:

2. and I will bless you;

God help us

Note that it is called the BLESSING of Abraham and not the BLESSINGS of Abraham simply because the focus was on one thing alone and i already outlined it above
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Tuntheycr7: 7:38pm On Oct 07, 2013
Panshow:

Are you from Israel?, God is talking to Israelites, you are a Nigerian.
What are u sayin man? Aint here to joke dude
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mecinero(f): 7:49pm On Oct 07, 2013
I'll rather giv d 10% to an orphanage or a poor person i kno, dan giv it to a pastor dat drives a jeep while i walk to d church.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Tuntheycr7: 8:00pm On Oct 07, 2013
christemmbassey: if God was talking to u in mal3:10, y don't u follow tro n also obey mal4:4?
D last time I chekd dt place was talkin abt laws and statues God gave to Moses 4 isrealites.
So are u sayin u dnt follows or keeps d ten commandents of Moses?
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by olivertwist: 8:13pm On Oct 07, 2013
deleted
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by olivertwist: 8:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
So, I'm I sinning against God by giving my tithe?
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by router123(m): 8:44pm On Oct 07, 2013
ashieduplus:

Please support what you have just said with scriptural proof..
Heb7:6-9
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
olivertwist: So, I'm I sinning against God by giving my tithe?

Under the Old covenant God promised blessings for Israel’s obedience to the commandments and curses for their disobedience to the commandments. In the New Testament, once the new covenant is established to tithe is being disobedient, to give freely is being obedient.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by korede56(m): 11:57pm On Oct 07, 2013
truthtalk:

You may not instantly get the picture unless I give a little background to it. When I heard of the tithe issue in church, I was at first skeptical but, with study on the scriptures given by the Pastor (Gen. 14:20, Gen. 28:22, Lev. 27:30, Num. 18:21, Deut. 12:6, Deut. 14:28, Deut. 26:12, 2Chr. 31:5, Neh. 10:38, Neh. 12:44, Neh. 13:12, Mal. 3:10, Matt. 23:23, Luke 18:12, etc), I realized that it was a function of Divine Revelation.

The first man that was revealed in the Bible to have paid tithe was Abraham (Gen. 14:20). He did this to Melchizedek (a form of the Holy Spirit - without father nor mother, ...) - a principle that worked for him. This incident took place long before the law of Moses was introduced. The law only continued on its principles...

The part of my testimony is that, after studying the subject of tithing, I decided to try it out. After all, faith is the response of man to what God has said irrespective of personal opinions or existing circumstances. So, I paid a tithe (10%) of my monthly Salary, and that month was extraordinary for me, as I received monies from people I didn't even know. I strongly believe that God was proving to me that His word works and is trustworthy if I respond to it in faith.

Prior to this time, managing my salary to meet with monthly demands was very challenging and I was struggling. After the first month of paying my tithe, I continued; ever since, I have had my salary increased four (4) times, with promotion, and I can comfortably meet the demands of the month.

Thank God for the revelation of the Tithe Principle.

TITHING REALLY WORKS!!!
bros did u read the luke 18 vs 12 properly read it from 9 to 14
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by olivertwist: 12:47am On Oct 08, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Under the Old covenant God promised blessings for Israel’s obedience to the commandments and curses for their disobedience to the commandments. In the New Testament, once the new covenant is established to tithe is being disobedient, to give freely is being obedient.

The Bible says, the law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming--not the realities themselves. I believe you fully understand what a shadow means. There’s a huge difference between you and your shadow. You are more important than your shadow. Now, if Tithe is a shadow (Old covenant like you said), how much more are we as Christians ought to give freely to God now in this new covenant having been saved by the precious blood of Jesus Christ.

Remember, God so loved the world, that He gave His ONE & ONLY begotten son (new covenant)[/b] as a sacrifice in order to save us from eternal death. No more sacrifice of rams, goats, doves, sheep etc which are all shadows of what was to come (Jesus Christ). The blood of Jesus Christ cannot be compare with the blood of a ram.

Personally, I think [b]the least a Christian should give back to God freely is 10% (Tithe)
of his/her earnings because God has given us something far more better than before. And to whom more is given, more is expected and this includes all that God has blessed us with.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Enigma(m): 12:50am On Oct 08, 2013
@Olivertwist

Answer this please:

Mr D earns 1000 per month; each month he gives 50 in church and 150 to a local orphanage.

Is Mr D tithing? Is Mr D robbing God? Is Mr D committing a sin? Is Mr D inviting the devourer?

smiley
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by olivertwist: 1:24am On Oct 08, 2013
Enigma: @Olivertwist

Answer this please:

1. Mr D earns 1000 per month; each month he gives 50 in church and 150 to a local orphanage.

2. Is Mr D tithing? 3. Is Mr D robbing God? 4. Is Mr D committing a sin? 5. Is Mr D inviting the devourer?

smiley

My brother, by the grace of God, I pay my Tithe and give offerings to orphanages all over the world.

1. I'll rather give 100 to my church and the remaining 100 to a local orphanage.
2. No
3. yes
4. yes, sin of disobedience
5. Yes Mal. 3:3-12

Do you remember what King Saul did when God commanded him to kill all the Amalekites completely,including their animals? He was wise in his own eyes, he left the fat cows, rams, goats etc as a sacrifice unto God and killed the thin ugly ones. But you know the rest of the story.

Please kindly read the following: may God open your eyes as you read.

http://len-seekingthelord..co.uk/2012/03/where-should-you-give-your-tithe.html
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Enigma(m): 1:31am On Oct 08, 2013
@olivertwist

I appreciate your answer; thanks a lot.

About your reference to King Saul and the Amalekites, the simple answer is that there is No commandment or obligation for a Christian to tithe.

As to your answer that Mr D is robbing God, in disobedience, sinning and inviting the devourer - I am afraid it contradicts what Jesus said.

What Jesus said is that by giving to the orphanage, Mr D is actually giving to Jesus Himself.

Finally may I ask one more question: why is it not a sin of disobedience if a Christian does not do as Jesus said in the following -

Jesus said: ""If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

smiley
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by olivertwist: 3:08am On Oct 08, 2013
@olivertwist

I appreciate your answer; thanks a lot.

Thanks

About your reference to King Saul and the Amalekites, the simple answer is that there is No commandment or obligation for a Christian to tithe.

My brother, I’m not here to convince or confuse you about Tithe. That’s the work of the Holy Spirit in you.

As to your answer that Mr D is robbing God, in disobedience, sinning and inviting the devourer - I am afraid it contradicts what Jesus said.

How?

What Jesus said is that by giving to the orphanage, Mr D is actually giving to Jesus Himself.

Right. I'm talking about Disobedience in Tithing here, not offerings? Remember, in Mathew 13:13, Jesus told the Pharises not to pay Tithe alone and leave the others. They must do all.

Finally may I ask one more question: why is it not a sin of disobedience if a Christian does not do as Jesus said in the following -

Jesus said: ""If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

[b]To understand what Jesus said above better, we need to look at what transpired between him and the rich young man. Note: The man is a young man (likely a bachelor like Jesus Christ). He’s educated. He’s religious. He’s wealthy.

My understanding of that passage is that, Jesus did not mean we (as Christians) should go and sell all our possessions and give to the poor as he advised the young rich man.

What Jesus was saying is that, if you a young rich man wants to follow me or be my disciple like Peter, John, Matthew, Mark etc, you have to first sell all your belongings. (Remember, Jesus was still physically present on earth). Do away with your money because where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. And you cannot serve God and mammon. That’s why He said to him, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven.

Imagine, if you are a young married man with a wife and kids and, you give all your possessions (including all your money) to a poor beggar outside your house because you think you cannot follow Jesus Christ without being poor. Instantly, the beggar will become rich and you, God forbids, becomes poor. Then we are back to ‘square one’. This is not wisdom. Moreover, your family will suffer because of your stupidity.[/b]

However, I believe like the young rich man, today, Jesus can still speak to us through the Holy Spirit as individuals to sell our possessions and give to the poor or someone in need. I’ve seen and heard it happen. Hope this helps.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by oluseyiforjesus(m): 4:31am On Oct 08, 2013
Nobody can confuse me tithe is real,pay it n u will neva beg,I'm a living witness.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Enigma(m): 4:33am On Oct 08, 2013
^^^ Sooo, where did Jesus ask any Christian to "tithe" in any form whatsoever --- whether of mint, cummin talk less of money? wink

smiley
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by InvertedHammer: 4:54am On Oct 08, 2013
/
You do not have to bribe God for his blessings

The life you live, the air you breathe...God has given all these to us to free.

All we have to do is worship him and devote our lives to him.

You don't have to hand over your money to someone to buy private jets to appease God.

Extreme religious awareness and poverty go hand in hand.

Ain't tithing. Let God be my judge

//
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by bomsilaga(m): 5:24am On Oct 08, 2013
Elliotwiz1: OK,! But let it be on record that i told you what was right......you know the truth, yet you refuse to accept it because you dont like it

are you even ok?
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by bomsilaga(m): 5:28am On Oct 08, 2013
legendprac: some nairalanders sha. i payyyyyy my tithe. in fact, have been paying 20% sef

your post smells of 'works' terribly. go back to the Word of God
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by novaman: 7:57am On Oct 08, 2013
God please guide me to make sense here am in shock... for those who think it is right for them to continue don't try to force those who choose not to do the same thing...for those who feel its wrong to pay tithe I understand your position on this matter, its Ok stop based on your understanding, but if God reveal the truth Himself, please share the information.

As for me I know the secret in tithing and because it works for me and my business I cannot shove it down the throat of other who don't have the same vision as myself. The word is simple SEEK first the Kingdom of God then everything will be added; addition is not just blessing, it include wisdom, knowledge and understanding...grace, favour, mercy, anointing, healing etc.

Regardless of your decision just SEEK first the Kingdom, then wait for the rest, please wait patient, even the bible says don't lean on your own understanding... stay blessed - Nana Toba
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 08, 2013
I am in the wrong thread. undecided
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by frevangel(m): 9:06am On Oct 08, 2013
For those who ignore the call to study the Bible for themselves and for those who keeps saying it works so it must be from God, here the words of the Spirit through Paul for the last days:

2Ti 4:2 preach the Word, be instant in season and out of season, reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long-suffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For a time will be when they will not endure sound doctrine, but they will heap up teachers to themselves according to their own lusts, tickling the ear.
2Ti 4:4 And they will turn away their ears from the truth and will be turned to myths.
2Ti 4:5 But you watch in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fully carry out your ministry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply)

Undergraduate, Suel Ambrose Slumps, Dies Acting Jesus Crucifixion Drama / Pastor Adeboye's Holy Ghost Event In Yola, See Crowd / Leke Adeboye Denies Osun Election Comment: 'Na Lie, I Checked If I Was Hacked'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.