Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here (37374 Views)

My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies / Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by christemmbassey(m): 9:10am On Oct 08, 2013
olivertwist:

The Bible says, the law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming--not the realities themselves. I believe you fully understand what a shadow means. There’s a huge difference between you and your shadow. You are more important than your shadow. Now, if Tithe is a shadow (Old covenant like you said), how much more are we as Christians ought to give freely to God now in this new covenant having been saved by the precious blood of Jesus Christ.

Remember, God so loved the world, that He gave His ONE & ONLY begotten son (new covenant)[/b] as a sacrifice in order to save us from eternal death. No more sacrifice of rams, goats, doves, sheep etc which are all shadows of what was to come (Jesus Christ). The blood of Jesus Christ cannot be compare with the blood of a ram.

Personally, I think [b]the least a Christian should give back to God freely is 10% (Tithe)
of his/her earnings because God has given us something far more better than before. And to whom more is given, more is expected and this includes all that God has blessed us with.
bros u'v acceptet dat law which includes tithe, animal sacrifice etc are all shadows, why do u discard others and choose to practice only one shadow(tithe), this is clear dishonesty.

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 9:37am On Oct 08, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Thanx for this Goshen, It's amazing these people claim to be christians yet they have no clue what Abraham's blessing they keep claiming is. They probably assume his blessing is the gold and silver the bible said he was rich in.
The blessing(s)of Abraham !
I do not need to argue this with any one of you but i sure know that those who are lead to see it will most definitely see it.
See below edifying words of Tony and Marge i sincerely believe it will throw light into how the blessing(s)of Abraham applies to us Christians through our faith in God by Christ Jesus :
''
Galatians 3:14''That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.''

The blessing of Abraham begin in Genesis 12: 1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house,unto a land that I will shew thee
- 2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
- 3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

May we as children of God receive all God have for us through our Great God and Saviour Jesus Christ.

I. The first blessing is Genesis 12:1 ...unto a land that I will shew thee:
God who desires to lead us by His Spirit would like to lead us to the place in our live to serve him.
A. Lead us to our spouse.
B. Lead us to our church.
C. Lead us to our education.
D. Lead us to our job.
E. Lead us in our calling.
We do this by letting the Holy Spirit [/b]Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
God doesn't bless us just to make us happy; He blesses us to make us a blessing.

II. Blessing number two of Abraham. Genesis 12:2[b] And I will make of thee a great nation
A. We are part of a great family, the family of God.
B. We do not join it. You have to be born into to it by receiving Jesus.
1. Shaking hands with a preacher and joining church is not enough.You must be born again.

III. Blessing number three in Genesis 12:2 ...and I will bless thee,
A. God wants to bless us and meet every need of our lives. Phil 4:19 ''But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.''
B. He knows what we have need of before we know ourselves.
C. He wants us to have life and more abundantly. John 10:10 ..... The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
D. He will do more than we can think or ask. How by the power in us, which is the Holy Spirit. Eph 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

IV. Blessing number four. Genesis 12:2 ...and make thy name great,
A. Years ago my wife and I were guests of the Lord Mayor of Cheltenham, England. We were asked to sign the book of special guests. We signed our name below the signature of Queen Elizabeth the Queen of England. As I signed the book I was reminded of the Holy Spirit that Jesus has signed the Book of Life for me with His own precious blood. Praise the Lord!
B. We rejoice because God has made our names great because of Jesus.

V. Blessing number five Genesis 12:2 ...and thou shalt be a blessing:
A. God wants us to be a blessing to all people.
B. Take the Gospel to the world.
C. Our lights need to shine in the sin dark world.

VI. Blessing number six of Abraham Genesis 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee,
A. God does not only want us to bless but also be a blessing.
B. When we bless others we can expect it to come back to us.
C. Some people have told us(Tony & Merge) that they have given to our missionary outreaches because of both my natural and spiritual tie to my great great grandfather ......Abraham. They said 'God would bless them because of it'. I have replied that it is because of God's promise not me.

VII. The seventh blessing of Abraham Genesis 12:3 ...and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
A. Our acts of obedience, faith, righteousness and walking in the Holy Ghost power will bless all the families of the earth.
B. We must desire it with all our heart and then we will bless all the families of the earth.
1. We do it when we walk and live in the Word and Spirit.
2. God is more anxious to bestow his blessings on us than we are to receive them.''

Now from the above,anyman who is lead by the spirit will understand the sayings but if you are carnally minded,you will protest the above and try to argue it !
Now to conclude regarding tithing, i leave to you the below from the word of God knowing fully well that not all understands spiritual matters.
Hebrews 5:11-14 ''There is much more we would like to say about this, but it is difficult to explain, especially since you are spiritually dull and don’t seem to listen. You have been believers so long now that you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things about God’s word.You are like babies who need milk and cannot eat solid food.For someone who lives on milk is still an infant and doesn’t know how to do what is right. Solid food is for those who are mature, who through training have the skill to recognize the difference between right and wrong.''
Just to tell you that the above scripture Hebrews 5:11-14 is for those who refuse to WILLINGLY AND CHEERFULLY give to God what is already HIS, I ask you this question,'IF I PAY MY TITHE NOT GRUDGINGLY & NOT UNDER COMPULSION BUT TO DO IT AS HEBREWS 7:1-8 ADMONISHES US & TO DO IT JUST LIKE ABRAHAM & JACOB DID BEFORE THE COMING OF THE LAW(Genesis 14:18-22 And Genesis 28:20-22) KNOWING FULLY WELL THAT TITHING NEVER STARTED WITH THE LAW BUT PRE-LAW AND NEVER ENDED WITH THE LAW BECOS JESUS COMMENDED IT IN MATHEW 23:23 AND HEBREW 7:1-18 MADE US UNDERSTAND THAT TITHING ISN'T TO MAN BUT GOD ALONE ! Will it be sin if i TITHE ? I know fore sure that i have not sinned but supported the advancement of the kingdom and furtherance of the gospel !

God bless us all
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by chuksmad(m): 9:50am On Oct 08, 2013
nora544:

You work also that your Pastor can have his private jet, that he always hads full pockets with money.

In my country we pay between 1,1 % and 1,5% from our salery what we get and the pastors can live and the workers in the hurch will also get payed and our pastors teach in the schools religion and have no time to drive big cars like in nigeria.
Brother, you are misinterpreting everything, forget about the few selfish pentecostal pastors that freeze his church members. Look at the bigger picture by using the money to pay church workers and do evangelical works. which you can find more in orthodox churches. The law of nature made it that blessed are those that give. think about it
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 9:53am On Oct 08, 2013
christemmbassey: bros u'v acceptet dat law which includes tithe, animal sacrifice etc are all shadows, why do u discard others and choose to practice only one shadow(tithe), this is clear dishonesty.
You get it all wrong !
Tithing HAS ALWAYS bein before the law and Hebrews made it clearer that it was pre-law as we saw tithe been given to 'Christ' (Melchizedek) In Genesis 14:18-22 and Genesis 28:20-22. Hebrews made it clearer that we should tithe according to the Melchizedekal order(Tithing to Christ) and not the Aronical or Levetical order which was done to man ! Animal sacrifices was made away with inspite of the fact that it was a shadow of the main sacrifice to come ! Hebrews 9:11-15''But when Christ came as high priest of the good things that are now already here, he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not made with human hands, that is to say, is not a part of this creation.He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining[b] eternal redemption.The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean. How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.'' This very scripture shows us that animal sacrifice has been replaced by the sacrifice of Christ HIMSELF !
And Hebrews 7:1-18 took us back to the pre-Law how we are to tithe-The Melchizedekal order of tithing ! This is tithing to Christ HIMSEL and not like the levetical order of tithing that is to Man !

God help us
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 10:02am On Oct 08, 2013
chuksmad:
Brother, you are misinterpreting everything, forget about the few selfish pentecostal pastors that freeze his church members. Look at the bigger picture by using the money to pay church workers and do evangelical works. which you can find more in orthodox churches. The law of nature made it that blessed are those that give. think about it
He may not see it that way unless God shows him ! The bible is the most misunderstood book in the world becos people try to go through it carnally ! But the letter killeth but the word giveth light !

Tithing expands the kingdom and furthers the gospel but the devil isn't happy but they allow the devil to work on their envy and hatred for some pastors to rob us off our blessings and our appreciation to God !

Tithing is absolutely and positively new testament ! It is God's,He writes it on our hearts,He expects it from us,it is pre-Law,Jesus commended it,The law commanded it and Hebrew explained it to us the proper way to tithe !

God bless us
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by christemmbassey(m): 10:27am On Oct 08, 2013
m.k.o2005:

You get it all wrong !
Tithing HAS ALWAYS bein before the law and Hebrews made it clearer that it was pre-law as we saw tithe been given to 'Christ' (Melchizedek) In Genesis 14:18-22 and Genesis 28:20-22. Hebrews made it clearer that we should tithe according to the Melchizedekal order(Tithing to Christ) and not the Aronical or Levetical order which was done to man ! Animal sacrifices was made away with inspite of the fact that it was a shadow of the main sacrifice to come ! Hebrews 9:11-15''But when Christ came as high priest of the good things that are now already here, he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not made with human hands, that is to say, is not a part of this creation.He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining[b] eternal redemption.The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean. How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.'' This very scripture shows us that animal sacrifice has been replaced by the sacrifice of Christ HIMSELF !
And Hebrews 7:1-18 took us back to the pre-Law how we are to tithe-The Melchizedekal order of tithing ! This is tithing to Christ HIMSEL and not like the levetical order of tithing that is to Man !

God help us
when did God command Abraham to tithe, also Abraham performed animal sacrifice, i hope u r honest enough to also performing sacrifices. Bless u.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 08, 2013
Am not sure you people are talking of the same tithe as the Bible in Deut 14 v 22 which does not say PAY but BRING your tithes...the Bible recognises there's money but does not ask for monetary tithes rather the money should be spent on "whatsoever your heart desires" which you shall EAT AND DRINK BEFORE THE LORD! Am not going to pay anyone to work in God's vineyard...it should be the person's own choice! Am not going to monetise salvation no wonder we have a lot of desperate "PRIESTS"!

To all tithe receivers please show me where Jesus received tithe while on earth? Are you Christians....as in Christlike?

m.k.o2005:

He may not see it that way unless God shows him ! The bible is the most misunderstood book in the world becos people try to go through it carnally ! But the letter killeth but the word giveth light !

Tithing expands the kingdom and furthers the gospel but the devil isn't happy but they allow the devil to work on their envy and hatred for some pastors to rob us off our blessings and our appreciation to God !

Tithing is absolutely and positively new testament ! It is God's,He writes it on our hearts,He expects it from us,it is pre-Law,Jesus commended it,The law commanded it and Hebrew explained it to us the proper way to tithe !

God bless us
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 10:58am On Oct 08, 2013
christemmbassey: when did God command Abraham to tithe, also Abraham performed animal sacrifice, i hope u r honest enough to also performing sacrifices. Bless u.
God never commanded Abraham to tithe but he tithed and his son Jacob tithed also without God's command and the LAW ! It's a heart thing and so if you tithe today based on the fact that you are waiting for you to be commanded either by Moses or who ever it means you don't love God and not appreciative as well ! We tithe becos we love God and acknowledge HIS blessings in our lives. Abraham performed sacrifices of heifer, a goat and a ram, each three years old, along with a dove and a young pigeon. It was only a shadow of the ultimate sacrifice of our lord Jesus Christ ! We are not suppose perform such sacrifices any more becos God asked us not to do so becos there is a better one(Jesus)But for tithing,HE never asked us to discontinue and infact Christ said YES it is good to tithe ! And the writer of Hebrews said we are clinch unto the tithing to Jesus Like Abraham did in Genesis 14 !

God help us
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by frevangel(m): 11:05am On Oct 08, 2013
@ m.k.o2005, you don't sound like someone who opens the Bible at all.

With all the many scriptures given and an explanation of Hebrew 7 given on this thread, you are still using it to back tithing.

Is it that you are afraid to study or that you are deliberately trying to twist the scriptures, probably for personal gains?
Do you think every one here who does not believe in tithe is about not wanting to let go of the money?
Don't you understand that some would be collecting tithe themselves as pastors and probably ministry leaders?

Pray tell, have you studied the Bible, searched out every use of tithe, tithes, tenth mentioned from Genesis to Revelation yet?
If you have, can you share chronologically from Genesis through to the last mention in the Bible, highlighting the why, what, how, when?
The purpose and pattern it should be done, establishing it as is in the scriptures and not some "revelation" of yours or whatever message you have listened to?
I would like you to also tell the different forms/types of tithing showing us clearly from the scriptures. Or is tithing just generally giving 10% of your money (Salary/Interest as is mostly done today)?

I await your reply.

NB: @ Olivertwist, you may do the same if you wish.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by christemmbassey(m): 11:26am On Oct 08, 2013
fr_evangel: @ m.k.o2005, you don't sound like someone who opens the Bible at all.

With all the many scriptures given and an explanation of Hebrew 7 given on this thread, you are still using it to back tithing.

Is it that you are afraid to study or that you are deliberately trying to twist the scriptures, probably for personal gains?
Do you think every one here who does not believe in tithe is about not wanting to let go of the money?
Don't you understand that some would be collecting tithe themselves as pastors and probably ministry leaders?

Pray tell, have you studied the Bible, searched out every use of tithe, tithes, tenth mentioned from Genesis to Revelation yet?
If you have, can you share chronologically from Genesis through to the last mention in the Bible, highlighting the why, what, how, when?
The purpose and pattern it should be done, establishing it as is in the scriptures and not some "revelation" of yours or whatever message you have listened to?
I would like you to also tell the different forms/types of tithing showing us clearly from the scriptures. Or is tithing just generally giving 10% of your money (Salary/Interest as is mostly done today)?

I await your reply.

NB: @ Olivertwist, you may do the same if you wish.
it is either he's been over brain washed or he's a tithe collector, so don't expect anything but a dance called 'twist'.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 11:34am On Oct 08, 2013
smartchoice: Am not sure you people are talking of the same tithe as the Bible in Deut 14 v 22 which does not say PAY but BRING your tithes...the Bible recognises there's money but does not ask for monetary tithes rather the money should be spent on "whatsoever your heart desires" which you shall EAT AND DRINK BEFORE THE LORD! Am not going to pay anyone to work in God's vineyard...it should be the person's own choice! Am not going to monetise salvation no wonder we have a lot of desperate "PRIESTS"!

To all tithe receivers please show me where Jesus received tithe while on earth? Are you Christians....as in Christlike?

Christ received tithe in Genesis 14:18-22 and He commanded us directly & indirectly to pay our tithes and do other good things like to show mercy,pass good judgement and to be faithful in Mathew 23:23 !

You talked about whether tithe is money or produce and whether we are to bring our tithe or pay our tithe. If i bring my tithe(money) before the lord,is there anything wrong with it ? Whether i say pay or bring the fact still remains i am presenting it to the owner(God) ! When Jacob said i shall give you tithe of ALL I POSSESS,what do you think the ALL I POSSESS stand for ? When Abraham gave tithe of all his spoils, what were the things involved in the tithe he presented to Melchizedek ?
If you keep considering the tithing of 'the Law'Leveticus,exodus & Deutronomy then you will be making a mistake,becos you will be among those who can say to people that they will DIE if they don't tithe !But when you go to pre-Law tithing(Genesis 14:18-22 and Genesis 28-20-22) and tithing after the Law as we see in Hebrews 7 & even the little admonition by Christ HIMSELF in Mathew 23:23 then you will understand what tithing truly is ! Ur considering the tithing in Deuteronomy will be like going back to the laws of stoning adulterous women to death and also the law of tit for tat and the rest that you are more familiar to than myself !
See below vow of Jacob to God for HIS blessings :
''....and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth.”-Genesis 28:22 This one tells me that i can give a tenth of my goods to God as a Modern day Lagos based Bizness man ! It must not be land produce man ! Be spiritual for once and see that even if it were to be land produce,how many of us plant in farms or rear cattle today ? Should we now say becos we are not farmers and cattle rearers then the tithing principle to actually acknowledge God isn't for us ? Then i will say following Jesus as a Nigerian is stupidity after all Nigeria isn't Israel(Jewish nation) and was not even part of the gentile nations mentioned in the bible But we are spiritual that is why we are connected ! People thinks the writer of Hebrews ended tithing while on the contrary it reminded us of the very and original way of tithing- TITHING IN LINE WITH THE MELCHIZEDIKAL ORDER WHICH MEANS TITHING TO CHRIST HIMSELF AND NOT THE LEVETICAL OR ARONICAL ORDER OF TITHING WHICH IS TITHING TO MAN !

God help us
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 08, 2013
oluseyiforjesus: Nobody can confuse me tithe is real,pay it n u will neva beg,I'm a living witness.
so the reason why u dont beg is becos u are paying God tithe? Pls dont alter the word of God..we have received everything we have freely and freely sha we give...its by Faith Not by works least any man should boast
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by iphy42: 11:47am On Oct 08, 2013
@ mko, pls when did Jesus collect tithe in Genesis? This notion is pure heresy and blasphemy.
Jesus was in the world physically from Matthew to John. Please do not twist the bible!

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 11:52am On Oct 08, 2013
christemmbassey: it is either he's been over brain washed or he's a tithe collector, so don't expect anything but a dance called 'twist'.
You guys might see it as a twist but i sure know it's challenging you at the moment becos it is all scripture and if you care,show me where i have twisted the book of Hebrews that infact supports tithing the most !
I don't tithe based on compulsion or threat but out of my love and appreciation for what God has done for me ! This is God's plan for tithing when Abraham gave a tenth to Melchizedek (Christ ) ! And Jacob gave to God when he vowed to give a tenth of ALL GIVEN TO HIM BY GOD ! Were they compeled to tithe ?-NO. Was there a LAW that they were following then ?- NO. They did it out of Joy and God accepted it whole heatedly !
Some of you here who kick against tithing could be that you belong to church where they don't tithe and you just want to oppose it by any means. Some of you may be enviuos of men of God who lead people to giving their tithes to the owner Jesus. Some of you just follow the crowd ! And the rest are been used by the devil knowingly or un-knowingly to kick against the furtherance of the gospel ! The chucrh today is not involved in confiscation of peoples goods/propertice to make money as they once did. God uses the blessings HE gave to the church to bless the church ! I am not a pastor and don't intend to be one tomorow,i wish to remain a godly brother till my death if Jesus tarry and i don't even tithe like it's a law that must be fulfilled. But i sure know that if you love God,you will look for all available means to give back to God and tithing is one of the numerous chanels to do so ! Tithing is not like am committing adultery,fornication,homosexuality,bowing down to a graving image of anything,so how have i sinned by showing appreciation to God for his goodness in my life ? Tell me if i will go to hell for tithing ! May be you are envious of the collectors ! But we are not giving to the priests or pastors as it were but to Jesus ! If they misuse our tithes,it concerns them and God but we have given to Jesus according to the order of Melchizedek !

God help us
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by iphy42: 11:55am On Oct 08, 2013
It is clear here that people mainly pay tithe to guarantee financial freedom more like trade and barter with God.
Even if you pay tithe, it must be to honour God and not to corner favours from Him or to bribe God.

As you pay tithe make sure you live a holy life. Don't use tithe as a defense for fornication, lies, adultery, jealousy and all sin. God will never reward a sinner!

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
iphy42: @ mko, pls when did Jesus collect tithe in Genesis? This notion is pure heresy and blasphemy.
Jesus was in the world physically from Matthew to John. Please do not twist the bible!
I did not twist the bible and will never do that. There is no mountain any where but ur ignorance is your mountain !
I have explained all these before but see below my previous answers to some one who asked same question earlier and i think fr_evangel should read also:

''Little wonder men of God rarely see the book of Hebrews 7 as one written solely to tell us the importance of tithing the new testament way!
Now for others who care to see and listen,sit back and enjoy this insight :

Have you heard of the word Theophany or Christophany ? If no,please see below meaning and scriptural backings :

''A Christophany is an appearance of the preincarnate Christ in the Old Testament, or after his ascension.-Web definition.
''A theophany is a manifestation of God in the Bible that is tangible to the human senses. In its most restrictive sense, it is a visible appearance of God in the Old Testament period, often, but not always, in human form.
Some of the theophanies are found in these passages:

1. Genesis 12:7-9 – The Lord appeared to Abraham on his arrival in the land God had promised to him and his descendants.

2. Genesis 18:1-33 – One day, Abraham had some visitors: two angels and God Himself. He invited them to come to his home, and he and Sarah entertained them. - a Christophany, a pre-incarnate appearance of Christ.

3. Genesis 32:22-30 – Jacob wrestled with what appeared to be a man, but was actually God (vv. 28-30). This may also have been a Christophany.-Christ

4. Exodus 3:2 - 4:17 – God appeared to Moses in the form of a burning bush, telling him exactly what He wanted him to do.-Theophany

5. Exodus 24:9-11 – God appeared to Moses with Aaron and his sons and the seventy elders.-Theophany

6. Deuteronomy 31:14-15 – God appeared to Moses and Joshua in the transfer of leadership to Joshua.

7. Job 38–42 – God answered Job out of the tempest and spoke at great length in answer to Job’s questions.-Theophany

Frequently, the term “glory of the Lord” reflects a theophany, as in Exodus 24:16-18; the “pillar of cloud” has a similar function in Exodus 33:9. A frequent introduction for theophanies may be seen in the words “the Lord came down,” as in Genesis 11:5; Exodus 34:5; Numbers 11:5; and 12:5.
Every theophany wherein God takes on human form foreshadows the incarnation, where God took the form of a man to live among us as Emmanuel, “God with us” (Matthew 1:23).

Having established the above facts,i think it is necessary we proceed with Hebrews !
To discuss Hebrews,let us see Genesis 14:18-20
''And Melchizedek, the king of Salem and a priest of God Most High,brought Abram some bread and wine.Melchizedek blessed Abram with this blessing:“Blessed be Abram by God Most High,Creator of heaven and earth.And blessed be God Most High,who has defeated your enemies for you.”Then Abram gave Melchizedek a tenth of all the goods he had recovered.''

Who is Mechizedek ? We will know who this 'being' is when we get to Hebrews the new testament but keep in mind the meaning of Christophany !
Genesis 28:20-22 '' Then Jacob made this vow: “If God will indeed be with me and protect me on this journey, and if he will provide me with food and clothing,and if I return safely to my father’s home, then the Lord will certainly be my God.And this memorial pillar I have set up will become a place for worshiping God, and I will present to God a tenth of everything he gives me.”
From the above two scriptures,it has been established that Abraham who is the father of Christians also whom we MUST receive his blessings through Christ Jesus-tithed and his son Jacob tithed as well before the law ! The Law came after the exodus form Egypt and Abraham had already tithed to 'Melchizedek' before this time(640yrs before the law)And his son Jacob tithed 445yrs before the law and this brings us to the conclusion that tithing never started with the Law and what makes you think it ended with the Law !
Melchizedek,king of Salem and Salem later became Jerusalem,HE brought out wine and bread and blessed Abraham !-Genesis 14:18-22.
Who is the king of Salem(Jerusalem)that brought out bread and wine THE NIGHT BEFORE his DEATH ? Please don't conclude yet untill we get to Hebrew still keeping in mind what Christophany means !
The Law no doubt also commanded tithing but that does not mean that tithing started with the law-Leveticus 27:30-32''A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the Lord; it is holy to the Lord.Whoever would redeem any of their tithe must add a fifth of the value to it. Every tithe of the herd and flock—every tenth animal that passes under the shepherd’s rod—will be holy to the Lord.'' Please note that we are not discussing tithing as unto the law but want to show you that the law also commanded it but only as a shadow of what is to come !Note that Law was never brought about so that we will be under it for eternity but to show us a picture of what will be in the new testament.See Hebrews 10:1a'' For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things,''Remember that the slaying or blood sacrifice was never a bad thing becos it is LAW after all a blood sacrifice also occurred in the new testament-Jesus shedding HIS blood for you and i.So the sacrifices of animals in the OT was indeed a shadow of how to do it better in the NT !

Now let us see what Christ HIMSELF is saying concerning tithing:
Mathew 23:23''“What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.''. He supported tithing immediately by saying yes you should tithe but HE rebuked them for not doing other important things contained in the book !-justice, mercy, and faith !
We all know who Jesus is,if he was not in support of tithing,HE would had condemned it right from Mathew 23:23 as HE did with so many other laws like stoning of the adulterous,divorce,Sabbath,paying of taxes,washing of hands before meal and so many others !
The issue of tithing was not discussed extensively in the new testament and i believe that it was not an issue no wonder there were no cases or issues raised concerning it much,but Hebrews gave us insights of what the pre-Law tithing was and what tithing should be as supported by Christ HIMSELF who receives all tithes !

Tithing IS absolutely and positively supported by the book of Hebrews in the New testament....

Reverting
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 12:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
iphy42: It is clear here that people mainly pay tithe to guarantee financial freedom more like trade and barter with God.
Even if you pay tithe, it must be to honour God and not to corner favours from Him or to bribe God.

As you pay tithe make sure you live a holy life. Don't use tithe as a defense for fornication, lies, adultery, jealousy and all sin. God will never reward a sinner!
Jesus don already warn us about this thing wey you just talk !
See below Mathew 23:23 ''“What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens,but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. [b]You should tithe, yes, [/b]but do not neglect the more important things.''

God help us
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 12:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
iphy42: @ mko, pls when did Jesus collect tithe in Genesis? This notion is pure heresy and blasphemy.
See the conclusion if you read the opener !

''Tithing Absolutely and Positively supported by the book of Hebrews in the New testament !

Hebrews 7:1-18
''This Melchizedek was king of the city of Salem and also a priest of God Most High. When Abraham was returning home after winning a great battle against the kings, Melchizedek met him and blessed him[b].Then Abraham took a tenth of all he had captured in battle and gave it to Melchizedek. [/b]The name Melchizedek means “king of justice,” and king of Salem means “king of peace.” There is no record of his father or mother or any of his ancestors—no beginning or end to his life. He remains a priest forever, resembling the Son of God.
Consider then how great this Melchizedek was. Even Abraham, the great patriarch of Israel, recognized this by giving him a tenth of what he had taken in battle. Now the law of Moses required that the priests, who are descendants of Levi, must collect a tithe from the rest of the people of Israel, who are also descendants of Abraham. But Melchizedek, who was not a descendant of Levi, collected a tenth from Abraham. And Melchizedek placed a blessing upon Abraham, the one who had already received the promises of God. And without question, the person who has the power to give a blessing is greater than the one who is blessed.
The priests who collect tithes are men who die, so Melchizedek is greater than they are, because we are told that he lives on. In addition, we might even say that these Levites—the ones who collect the tithe—paid a tithe to Melchizedek when their ancestor Abraham paid a tithe to him. For although Levi wasn’t born yet, the seed from which he came was in Abraham’s body when Melchizedek collected the tithe from him.
So if the priesthood of Levi, on which the law was based, could have achieved the perfection God intended, why did God need to establish a different priesthood, with a priest in the order of Melchizedek instead of the order of Levi and Aaron?
And if the priesthood is changed, the law must also be changed to permit it. For the priest we are talking about belongs to a different tribe, whose members have never served at the altar as priests.What I mean is, our Lord came from the tribe of Judah, and Moses never mentioned priests coming from that tribe.
This change has been made very clear since a different priest, who is like Melchizedek, has appeared. Jesus became a priest, not by meeting the physical requirement of belonging to the tribe of Levi, but by the power of a life that cannot be destroyed. And the psalmist pointed this out when he prophesied,

“You are a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek.”
Yes, the old requirement about the priesthood was set aside because it was weak and useless. For the law never made anything perfect. But now we have confidence in a better hope, through which we draw near to God.''

I intentionally gave the whole of Hebrews 7 for us to see for ourselves what the writer of Hebrew is saying concerning Christ keeping in mind what Christophany means !Remember,Melchizedek never appeared any where in the bible untill Genesis 14:18-20 and immediately after that HE went into thin air until Hebrew brought us to the proper understanding of who this BEING melchizedek truly is :
Melchizedek was referred to as ''KING OF JUSTICE''- I don't know any other person who is king of Justice other than JESUS !
Melchizedek was refered to as ''KING OF PEACE''- I don't know any other person who is king of Peace other than JESUS !
Melchizedek was said to be one without BEGINNING AND END-I don't know any other person who is without BEGINNING AND END other than JESUS !
Melchizedek was said to be one who is a ''PRIEST FOREVER'' -i don't know any other who is a priest forever other than JESUS !
Melchizedek was said to have no father or mother !- JESUS(no let Mary and Joseph deceive you o )
Melchizedek's greatness was recognized by Abraham the father of all with the promise !
Melchizedek' was not according to the law to receive tithe becos HE is neither from levetical or Aronic order yet HE received tithe. Remember Jesus lineage wasn't expected to be king untill the prophesy came and it happened !
Melchizedek blesses Abraham,one who has already received the promise of the blessing of God !
Pastors (priests i.e levetical or Aronic)will all die but Melchizedek lives forever !
Hebrew said Melchizedek resembles the son of God ! (You remember when King of Babylon said that the fourth man in the fire resembles the son of God)
Melchizedek is the King of Salem(Jerusalem) Who was refered to as the King of Jerusalem other than Jesus !
Melchizedek brought out bread and wine and blessed him. Who blessed wine and broke bread and shared to HIS disciples the night to HIS death ? JESUS !
The law which was only a shadow of what is to come has changed according to Hebrews 10:1 and what we do today as tithing was same as done by Abraham without the law ! Tithing never started with the law and can not end with the law. Abraham tithed from his heart to Jesus and not under compulsion becos there was no Law as at the time he tithed !
Jesus is our most high priest in the order of Melchizedek according to Hebrews 7. And if you want to know what Christ is doing for us today as a priest in the order of Melchizedek, go to Genesis 14:18-22 becos that was the only place Melchizedek was featured and we where told what he did ! Hebrews 5:5''For a man to hold the priesthood, he must be called of God as was Aaron—Christ was a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek—Jesus Christ is the Author of eternal salvation.'' We give our tithe today to Jesus just like Abraham did and he was blessed.For you to tap into the promises of Abraham as a christian haven accepted Christ,learn also to appreciate HIS goodness in ur life !
Abraham tithed not by rules,obligation or threat but by heart that trust the lord. If you love God,you don't need to be preached tithing to becos you know that all that you have belong to God! It is our trust and heart to believe God.Letting HIM know that our no 1 priority is the lord.
Hebrews 8:10 ''.....I will put my laws in their minds,and I will write them on their hearts.I will be their God,and they will be my people.'' It should be in the heart of men to tithe and not by the law of compulsion of any sort !

Let me conclude as i await to answer positive questions in relation to this subject or scripture as it were.
Tithe is not our but God's
He writes it in our heart
He expects it from us
It is commissioned before the law
Commanded during the law
Commended during the time of Jesus !

See below the promises of the lord concerning us when we tithe :
''I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test! Your crops will be abundant, for I will guard them from insects and disease. Your grapes will not fall from the vine before they are ripe,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.''
But only the spiritually connected will see how all the blessings relates to us that are mariners,doctors,bizness men,bankers and the likes today !
Tithing blesses both the church and the tither !

Remember,The letter(logos)killeth but the rhema (revelation)giveth life !

God bless us
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by frevangel(m): 12:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
@ m.k.o2005, I'm sure you saw my post because you replied christemmbassey who quoted me.
Can you please provide answers? I will really appreciate, it will clear many doubts if you can, don't you think so?
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by iphy42: 12:23pm On Oct 08, 2013
That there is no record of the birth or reign of Melchizedek does not mean he has none.

I am not for or against tithe. I only obey God who may sometimes require to give more than 10% of something or even more than half of what you earn or have.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by iphy42: 12:24pm On Oct 08, 2013
That there is no record of the birth or reign of Melchizedek does not mean he has none.

I am not for or against tithe. I only obey God who may sometimes require you to give more than 10% of something or even more than half of what you earn or have.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by frevangel(m): 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Let me conclude as i await to answer positive questions in relation to this subject or scripture as it were.
He expects it from us
Commanded during the law

See below the promises of the lord concerning us when we tithe :
''I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test! Your crops will be abundant, for I will guard them from insects and disease. Your grapes will not fall from the vine before they are ripe,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.''
But only the spiritually connected will see how all the blessings relates to us that are mariners,doctors,bizness men,bankers and the likes today !
Tithing blesses both the church and the tither !

Remember,The letter(logos)killeth but the rhema (revelation)giveth life !

God bless us

With this your last post, I can most likely tell the ministry you fellowship with.
You sound like someone who do not study the Bible but listen to some preacher (I have one in mind) as your primary source of "rhema" you speak of. I'll appreciate if I'm proved wrong and corrected.
How does a Christian say this?

He expects it from us
Commanded during the law
I asked questions already, you ignored it, and then ask people to as questions?
The fact that you quote Malachi as the blessings tied to tithing shows you are not ready to learn?

Let me add to my previous questions...

Have you actually studied the WHOLE BOOK of Malachi?
Do you know the purpose and message of the entire book of Malachi?
Why lift Malachi 3:8-10 and use it alone, when the entire book is from the same Prophet to the same people, under the same Spirit for the same purpose?

I need answers from the scriptures so I can check it out myself like the Berean church.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 12:47pm On Oct 08, 2013
fr_evangel:

With this your last post, I can most likely tell the ministry you fellowship with.
You sound like someone who do not study the Bible but listen to some preacher (I have one in mind) as your primary source of "rhema" you speak of. I'll appreciate if I'm proved wrong and corrected.
How does a Christian say this?
I asked questions already, you ignored it, and then ask people to as questions?
The fact that you quote Malachi as the blessings tied to tithing shows you are not ready to learn?

Let me add to my previous questions...

Have you actually studied the WHOLE BOOK of Malachi?
Do you know the purpose and message of the entire book of Malachi?
Why lift Malachi 3:8-10 and use it alone, when the entire book is from the same Prophet to the same people, under the same Spirit for the same purpose?

I need answers from the scriptures so I can check it out myself like the Berean church.
The melchizedikal order of tithing has got nothing to do with Malachi but i only quoted Malachi 3:10-11 to encourage tithers who are already tithing and believing God for open doors or window as it were smiley If you want to learn how to tithe,study Genesis 14:18-22 and Genesis 28:20-22. Then you go listen to Jesus in Mathew 23:23 and also study (Spiritually) our beloved book of Hebrews then you will learn how to appreciate God with all you have and never wait again for you to be commanded by Moses or some Levetical modern day Priests smiley
I bet you,you don't know the brethren i worship with but if you think it's with the brethren in Christ Embassy then you will get it all wrong cos i have not seen any of pastor Chris' pastors or him before ! I am a Christian i don't play church ! If the catholic church don't tithe,though they have started tithing since the parish where my wife worships encourages them to tithe and my wife gives it willingly from her heart without grudge to appreciate God and she tells me the enormous positive works going on in their parish ! Even if roman catholic don't tithe doctrinally, No church or man is our standard other than Jesus and the scriptures !
You said you asked me some questions and i tell you that you will find all answers to ur questions in all my write up here on this very tread but if there is another,go ahead and ask me !

God help us
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 1:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
iphy42: That there is no record of the birth or reign of Melchizedek does not mean he has none.

I am not for or against tithe. I only obey God who may sometimes require to give more than 10% of something or even more than half of what you earn or have.
Now you got it ! I love this ur post. But please study Hebrews and Genesis very well and spiritually discern who Melchizedek is likened to !
Jesus is the high priest according to the order of Melchizedek was mentioned seven times in Hebrewsalone. Do you think it's for furn !

Hebrews 5:6''And in another passage God said to him, "You are a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek."
Hebrews 5:10''And God designated him to be a High Priest in the order of Melchizedek.''
Hebrews 6:20''where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.''
Hebrews 7:11''If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood--and indeed the law given to the people established that priesthood--why was there still need for another priest to come, one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron?''
Hebrews 7:15''This change has been made very clear since a different priest, who is like Melchizedek, has appeared.''
Hebrews 7:17 ''And the psalmist pointed this out when he prophesied, "You are a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek."
Hebrews 7:21 ''but there was an oath regarding Jesus. For God said to him, "The LORD has taken an oath and will not break his vow: 'You are a priest forever.'"

Now from the above,who do you think this scripture is referring to ? No other person but Jesus ! Who do you think Melchizedek is ? Remember he is called the king of Salem which was later named Jerusalem. Who was crucified becos they called HIM king of Jerusalem or the Jews as it were ?-Jesus. Melchizedek was refered to as King of Justice-Jesus is the only king of Justice we have. Melchizedek was called the king of peace ! It is only Jesus who is the king of peace. No man ever remained a priest for Ever other than Jesus but Melchizedek was said to had remained a king forever. Infact the book of Hebrews said HE resembled the son of God ! According to the law,if you are not from the Levetical or Aronical order you can't take tithe but Melchizedek collected tithe from Abraham and this is the reason we give tithe today to Jesus.Abraham did it to lay the foundation of the tithing principle today not according to laws of exodus,deuteronomy,leveticus or even Malachi. Malachi showed us the blessings there is and God want's to do more for us no wonder HE want's us to praise,give thanks for the once HE done already !
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHO MELCHIZEDEK DID AND IS STILL DOING TODAY,VISIT GENESIS 14:18-22 AND IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHO HE IS,VISIT HEBREWS 7 !

God bless us
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 1:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
Melchizedek even brought wine and bread and blessed Abraham !

Who the night before he was crucified broke bread and blessed wine for his disciples ?

I don tire make i go pursue money small smiley

God bless every one of us and give us insight to these sayings !

God help us
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by frevangel(m): 1:30pm On Oct 08, 2013
m.k.o2005:

The melchizedikal order of tithing has got nothing to do with Malachi but i only quoted Malachi 3:10-11 to encourage tithers who are already tithing and believing God for open doors or window as it were smiley If you want to learn how to tithe,study Genesis 14:18-22 and Genesis 28:20-22. Then you go listen to Jesus in Mathew 23:23 and also study (Spiritually) our beloved book of Hebrews then you will learn how to appreciate God with all you have and never wait again for you to be commanded by Moses or some Levetical modern day Priests smiley
I bet you,you don't know the brethren i worship with but if you think it's with the brethren in Christ Embassy then you will get it all wrong cos i have not seen any of pastor Chris' pastors or him before ! I am a Christian i don't play church ! If the catholic church don't tithe,though they have started tithing since the parish where my wife worships encourages them to tithe and my wife gives it willingly from her heart without grudge to appreciate God and she tells me the enormous positive works going on in their parish ! Even if roman catholic don't tithe doctrinally, No church or man is our standard other than Jesus and the scriptures !
You said you asked me some questions and i tell you that you will find all answers to ur questions in all my write up here on this very tread but if there is another,go ahead and ask me !

God help us

It seems you jumped into the thread without following through from the early pages.

1. I am not afraid of giving, I've been a "radical giver". I still am. I used that term to lay emphasis. I am so radical about it, that I believe myself and everything I own, belong to God. Not just 10%. I like to leave it there so as not to expand the discussion beyond tithe, the subject of this thread.
2. I would be receiving tithe and special seeds by now if I still believe and preach it, so it's not about me not wanting to give.
3. I believe in support for your local church or ministry and pastors financially and otherwise, where and when necessary.
4. I have studied tithing completely, every mention of tithe, tenth, tithes etc.
5. I studied tithe while I still believed and tithed. I did after I realized I was not like the Berean church but like the end time crowd that will be misled in these last days. I studied other doctrines again as well, faith, giving, anointing, The Holy Spirit, Love, Righteousness, and many more. The only reason I did was that I had never studied them ON MY OWN.
6. I understand fully well, the message from the story and analogy of Melchizedek, because I've studied it.
7. I understand properly Matthew 23:23 and I have already answered someone who used that to back tithing. Check my previous posts.
8. I have read and understand Hebrew 7, I have explained that earlier too, check previous posts.
9. I am not looking for a command to tithe, I am asking that we be like the Berean church. Acts 17:11; It's not too much to ask a Christian.
10. I am not trying to convince you to stop tithing, I am asking you to go back to the scriptures, again, be like the Berean church, especially because of the times we are in. This is beyond tithing, it should be the same for everything you are or have been taught.
11. Testimonies of "It works, I am a living proof" is the most deceptive way to check the veracity of a doctrine. Much like your wife a catholic, probably telling you praying with rosary and before an altar built for Mary, or praying through Mary works for her. I saw a thread recently about testimonies of using the rosary in prayer. Also like a white garment church member will tell you bathing in the river at nights works, because a woman after 20 years of barrenness got a baby after the bath and some mention of the Name of Jesus.

Like I asked, please explain chronologically, tithing as seen in the Bible. The purpose and pattern.
The WHY, WHAT, HOW and WHEN from the scriptures.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by frevangel(m): 1:39pm On Oct 08, 2013
@ m.k.o2015, let me help you by making it easy.

Let's assume both of us, Believers, have a genuine desire to study God's word, we want to study tithing, we have never been taught by anyone.
This is our first attempt to study it, so let's start afresh, from the book of beginnings, Genesis.

(1 John 2:27)
But the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as His anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true and no lie, and as He has taught you, abide in Him.

I'm waiting.....
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 2:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
fr_evangel:

It seems you jumped into the thread without following through from the early pages.

1. I am not afraid of giving, I've been a "radical giver". I used that term to lay emphasis. I am so radical about it, that I believe myself and everything I own, belong to God. Not just 10%. I like to leave it there so as not to expand the discussion beyond tithe, the subject of this thread.
2. I would be receiving tithe and special seeds by now if I still believe and preach it, so it's not about me not wanting to give.
3. I believe in support for your local church or ministry and pastors financially and otherwise, where and when necessary.
4. I have studied tithing completely, every mention of tithe, tenth, tithes etc.
5. I studied tithe while I still believed and tithed. I did after I realized I was not like the Berean church but like the end time crowd that will be misled in these last days. I studied other doctrines again as well, faith, giving, anointing, The Holy Spirit, Love, Righteousness, and many more. The only reason I did was that I had never studied them ON MY OWN.
6. I understand fully well, the message from the story and analogy of Melchizedek, because I've studied it.
7. I understand properly Matthew 23:23 and I have already answered someone who used that to back tithing. Check my previous posts.
8. I have read and understand Hebrew 7, I have explained that earlier too, check previous posts.
9. I am not looking for a command to tithe, I am asking that we be like the Berean church. Acts 17:11; It's not too much to ask a Christian.
10. I am not trying to convince you to stop tithing, I am asking you to go back to the scriptures, again, be like the Berean church, especially because of the times we are in. This is beyond tithing, it should be the same for everything you are or have been taught.
11. Testimonies of "It works, I am a living proof" is the most deceptive way to check the veracity of a doctrine. Much like your wife a catholic, probably telling you praying with rosary and before an altar built for Mary, or praying through Mary works for her. I saw a thread recently about testimonies of using the rosary in prayer. Also like a white garment church member will tell you bathing in the river at nights works, because a woman after 20 years of barrenness got a baby after the bath and some mention of the Name of Jesus.

Like I asked, please explain chronologically, tithing as seen in the Bible. The purpose and pattern.
The WHY, WHAT, HOW and WHEN from the scriptures.
Now evangel,like i said before,i have answered all the whys,hows,whens and wheres according to ur questions. But i will take my time to come back to you and do justice as you want it one after the other ! I think it will be good that way. But please permit me to just attend to something that will fetch me some cash arround make you no think say i dey pay tithe so that God go do magic for me cheesy
Reverting please !
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by frevangel(m): 2:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Now evangel,like i said before,i have answered all the whys,hows,whens and wheres according to ur questions. But i will take my time to come back to you and do justice as you want it one after the other ! I think it will be good that way. But please permit me to just attend to something that will fetch me some cash arround make you no think say i dey pay tithe so that God go do magic for me cheesy
Reverting please !

You have not answered my questions, not even an attempt.
I actually want us to study it together. So it will be nice to get your replies when you are able.
It's okay, Wish you well.
The Grace of Our Lord Jesus be with you.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by olivertwist: 2:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
@mko2005,

Please try and avoid a back and forth arguments with these people. They've hardened their minds not to give their Tithe to God because it's their money.

I don't think there's anything you haven't touch or said. Remember what Apostle Paul said about arguments.

God bless you bro. I've learned more from your writings. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by christemmbassey(m): 2:16pm On Oct 08, 2013
olivertwist: @mko2005,

Please try and avoid a back and forth arguments with these people. They've hardened their minds not to give their Tithe to God because it's their money.

I don't think there's anything you haven't touch or said. Remember what Apostle Paul said about arguments.

God bless you bro. I've learned more from your writings. Shalom
God is nt a trader, pls go n work, stop hiding behind God's tithe of agric produce to defraud ppl. Repent now.

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by PastorKun(m): 3:59pm On Oct 08, 2013
@MKO2005
Which one is Melchizedek order of tithing again Do you have to introduce your own terminology into scripture to establish a fraud Or how does one conclude that a one off event is an order of something?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply)

CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State / Why I Believe Stephanie Otobo Is Lying Against Apostle Sulieman / Woman And Her Drugs At Apostle Johnson Suleman's Church For Deliverance (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.