Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,684 members, 7,831,120 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members - Nairaland / General (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members (40247 Views)

$9.3M Arms Deal: Names Of Nigerian Crew Members Revealed! / Happy New Month To Seun And All Nairalanders / Happy Birthday To Seun And Afam4eva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (50) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 28, 2013
berem: Here's another Anti -Sexkillz thread from politics section . Lord have mercy!! grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1457797/sign-petition-sack-sexkillz
Boy, and they call me jobless.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by donem: 8:59pm On Sep 28, 2013
burkutu: front page topics today,
Bride's Family Gives-out N1000 Packets As Wedding Souvenir To Guests (2 pages)
Miss Philippines Crowned Miss World 2013 «(5 pages)
Chidinma Did Not Pose Unclad - Shares Original Photos (3 pages)
Tecno P3S, Specifications & Discussion Thread «( 3 pages}
Pictures Of Mary J Blige Performing In Nigeria ( 3 pages)
Genevieve Nnaji & Others At Vanessa Amadi's Bachelorette Party «( 2 pages )
But a hot topic like this doesn't make it
i smell fish
In one sentence= Sentiment by the Mods
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Forwetinnah: 8:59pm On Sep 28, 2013
Gehn Gehn..so this is where all the action is,btw what's really happening here? Serious Egbele *going back to page0 to investigate*
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 28, 2013
vedaxcool: I endorse the op, I feel it is my inalienable right to be able to delete my account when I no longer want to post on NL, the response by certain mods on this thread is very disappointing and reflects the behavior of NL management, regardless of how silly a post is, posters must be treated with respect, irrespective of whether they are victims of ASUU or not does not justify such behavior! More people should endorse this message though OP should have gathered signatures rather than issue threats, we should always try peaceful means before resorting to threats etc.
SECONDED

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Awoofawo(m): 9:03pm On Sep 28, 2013
Seun: I love the passion on this thread. I wish it would be used for constructive purposes.

praise jah!

you don come down from your high horse?! seriously you need to take some of your mods to the cleaner for a good make- over.... it is the people who loggin day in/day out that putting money in bank account... the less your modscould is show some cusr tesy and levelled head when dealing difficult nairalanders! be alive to responsibility as the oga at the top here...
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Audrei: 9:03pm On Sep 28, 2013
druid06: Sexkillz is a virgin because if sexx kills, I wonder why he's still alive. grin

Nice.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Davo93(m): 9:03pm On Sep 28, 2013
justwise:

That system is in place already, mods do respond to such requested as long as its in the interest of everybody.

I did not see any complain from you, i have gone through almost all your posts down to 2011.

Some people who are supporting this deactivating button issue are doing it for all wrong reasons, [size=15pt]yes i believe that people should be able to deactivate their accounts when they are fed up with nairaland[/size] but the excuse of protecting member's safety, security, privacy and intellectual property are just nonsense because deactivation button will not do any of those.

Hahahaha gringrin Don't you think you are a confused creature?? Why beat around the bush all this while? We are almost getting there.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 28, 2013
callydon: Some MODS here take NairaLand as if its there fathers personal property...
like I said b4, NO FULLY EMPLOYED Nigerian can be a mod here. I've since stopped replying Mods here cos most of them are jst JOBLESS or at best JAMBITES dats Y they can afford to sit around n look for posts to delete n hide...
@OP, we r solidly behind U, especially on dat "Delete account" button.
the delete button is really needed, cos even if u decide tu stay of NL, NL wll send you some useless mails to come bck.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Anuoluwap(m): 9:04pm On Sep 28, 2013
The girls are just silent. They don't wanna get banned in the romance section by their so-called oga.....#Actionzero for the girls

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 28, 2013
Davo93: Hmmm... i pity Seun with this kinds of MOD he is having. In as much as i respect his decision to have them moderate here, i also want to say that if Seun had put up this kind of unwise attitude unwise and lack of professionalism as portrayed by 'Justwise' and 'Sexkillz', i doubt if Nairaland will be where it is today. I don't know what would have been the fate of this Africa foremost forum if Seun had resulted to insulting members when this forum was yet to reach limelight.

#OperationSaveNairaland

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by leggo: 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2013
who hid my post admonishing sexkillz?? NL mods are not the smartest.. once you go against them yu are banned
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by donem: 9:08pm On Sep 28, 2013
druid06: @Seun... Constructive purposes? Like seriously? What do you think the dudes on here have been protesting for? This chap is unbelievable.

Dudes protesting on here should just stop wasting time. I don't think this guy has your time.
U ain't far from the truth, its obvious he dont give a fvck on Constructive criticism
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 28, 2013
Anuoluwap: The girls are just silent. They don't wanna get banned in the romance section by their so-called oga.....#Actionzero for the girls
We are just smarter than the guys. tongue We laid our complaints and moved on. We will rather watch the guys brawl it out. wink
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 28, 2013
Victoriousvic: I must say that I'm highly disappointed by the responses made by the MODS who've replied this thread. To you guys, what he and others are saying may not make any sense at all but I still do not see any reason why you should be so obnoxious.

You keep saying members aren't interested in it, but how do you expect them to know about it, if you keep practicing obscurantism. Threads like this are meant to be on the FP to get the best response from other members and not just hidden in a particular section.

As already pointed out, Seun is the owner of this forum and his decision about this stands. You can keep rambling on and on and on, but if Seun says yes, there's nothing you can possibly do. I hope he actually responds positively to these petitions because this forum wouldn't have been successful without the presence of these members.

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by skyscraperTM(m): 9:10pm On Sep 28, 2013
Hmmmm why are there so many hidden post.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 28, 2013
Seun: I love the passion on this thread. I wish it would be used for constructive purposes.
This is why Nigeria still remains a failed state because our leaders do not care about the plights of Nigerians. Seun, your statement shows you don't care about nairalanders. You don't care about our grievances and you fail to take necessary actions. Learn to have a listening ear and people will stop complaining.

We all expect a positive response from you. Thanks!

8 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 28, 2013
adeaugustus: I think NL moderators are disrespectful (most of them), you have no right whatsoever to address people as if they're looking up to you for their feeding allowance.

Personally, I would like to delete some of the topics I've created on this website, I realised I couldn't do that, So I made a report on the thread giving my reason but nothing was done! I think members should have the right to delete their topics, and user account.

Another option is to create a section where members can post topics they would like to remove from the website, and Seun can help with the deletion of such topic, the section should also allow users to submit a request of account termination.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 28, 2013
justwise:

Tell me this..... how will deactivation button better nairaland?
better statistics...nairaland members arent up to one million as claimed.

Flexibility...some members may have a re think and would want to delete some of their posts.
It creates more space...like deleting of double post...etc.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by yemi2plus(m): 9:12pm On Sep 28, 2013
berem: This is why Nigeria still remains a failed state because our leaders do not care about the plights of Nigerians. Seun, your statement shows you don't care about nairalanders. You don't care about our grievances and you fail to take necessary actions. Learn to have a listening ear and people will stop complaining.

We all expect a positive response from you. Thanks!
I fell like kissing you for this.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 28, 2013
ITbomb: If myspace , nokia , blackberry could fall inspite of huge fans at their peak then anyone could .
The common factor in the above was , when the users complained , the ceo would look at the huge database of users and say ' well it's just few disgruntled fellows ' not knowing that many were just hanging on because there was no better alternative at that time .
But living in the world of opportunities , there will always be an alternative . For myspace it was facebook , for nokia (symbian) it was android , for blackberry it was Apple iPad . It took some time but when it came , we saw massive exodus.
For a MOD insulting one user for proposing a change , is insulting the sensibility of many members, even those not in support of the proposed change.
Many are just hanging on, waiting for the alternative .
If handling an office such as an Internet Forum MOD gives someone such false feeling of arrogance then I have mixed feeling for the call for our overage leaders to hand over powers to the younger breed.
This is show of shame by the Mods is just pathetic
1000 + likes!

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by donem: 9:15pm On Sep 28, 2013
p investigator: It is extremely arrogant and very foolish to think that you can ever outwit your audience.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by richP: 9:17pm On Sep 28, 2013
seun has always been rude and arrogant right since the start of the website. he creates multiple account to create an illusion of support for his arguments

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 28, 2013
druid06: I'm not sure why people compare Nairaland to Facebook or Myspace.

Dudes, Nairaland is just a shiithole forum while Facebook, Myspace and the likes are real social networking sites
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by richP: 9:18pm On Sep 28, 2013
richP: seun has always been rude and arrogant right since the start of the website. he creates multiple account to create an illusion of support for his arguments

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (50)

Speeding Car Runs Into A Woman In Delta State, Climbs On Top Of Her. Photos / Most Painful Insult You've Ever Received? / 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.