Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,600 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming (5287 Views)

Why Do Men Not Seem To Like Virgins? / Men Not Showing Off Thier Girlfriends In Public / Why are Men not Crazy about Tall Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by Nobody: 1:45am On Jun 30, 2008
TOH:

Speak for yourself David

All these antics are nothing but blackmail.

blackmailing who exactly?  grin Pls show me because i really cant see anyone that the guys would be really trying to blackmail into a marriage.
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by NubianQ(f): 1:47am On Jun 30, 2008
onyinye2:

@Nubian

there is some truth in what you say. there is truly nothing wrong with staying single and focusing on your life or job. smiley but the only problem is that you job can't comfort you at night when you are weary. undecided

i know but really what really is there to do. if a man is not forthcoming then live ur life or is kidnap going to an option?:
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by Nobody: 1:48am On Jun 30, 2008
NubianQ:

To be honest, its not like i wont want to get married but if it doesnt come i am ok with it, i am open minded about being single or married because u can't force things to happen. in the old days it was easier, nowadays its crazy out there. personally, i am not bothered about being married or not.
well, thing is i don't think so much emphasis should be put on marriage because there is more to life than being married, i respect the union of marriage but i don't lose sleep over it.

come off it NubianQ . . .  grin Marzipan probably said the same thing so many yrs ago and now at 35 she's crying for a husband. Marriage is important dear, that you havent found a man who's willing to commit himself to marry you just yet isnt enough reason to pretend not to care about marriage.
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by TOH(f): 1:49am On Jun 30, 2008
davidylan:

blackmailing who exactly? grin Please show me because i really can't see anyone that the guys would be really trying to blackmail into a marriage.

Denial is blocking your view

When a girl rejects you and the first thing out of your mouth is "That's why you will never find a husband" "No one will marry you" "You are getting old, who are you to be rejecting anyone"

That's blackmail. Esp to the insecure ne cos then they woill take such useless words to heart and consider people below their standards out of desperation.
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by TOH(f): 1:51am On Jun 30, 2008
David, you are quite single yourself. I dont know why you get bothered by those esp females who are fine with being single.
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by Nobody: 1:55am On Jun 30, 2008
TOH:

Denial is blocking your view

Where's kobojunkie just when i need LMAO? grin grin

TOH:

When a girl rejects you and the first thing out of your mouth is "That's why you will never find a husband" "No one will marry you" "You are getting old, who are you to be rejecting anyone"

That's blackmail. Esp to the insecure ne because then they woill take such useless words to heart and consider people below their standards out of desperation.

I dont think the average adult male (note i said) adult should be too bothered about a woman rejecting them. Up until you get married its advisable to always have back-up plans just in case plan A does not pan out. I dont understand why a man would want to blackmail a woman to marrying him. It doesnt make sense . . . why not chill and marry someone who is wholly committed to making a life with you?
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by Nobody: 1:56am On Jun 30, 2008
TOH:

David, you are quite single yourself.

Dont always assume grin

TOH:

I don't know why you get bothered by those esp females who are fine with being single.

Because deep down i know they are just lying to make themselves happy. Only very rarely do you find females who truly enjoy being single.
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by Sisikill: 1:59am On Jun 30, 2008
Ladies! Ladies! Ladies! Please, don't argue with the men. We now know what their problem is. . .  not that we didn't but it's been officially confirmed.

The next step is helping them work through their insecurities. Instead of getting on their cases, let's reassure them that when we go on a spending spree with our money, we will include them. Tell them the next time you go to the BMW Dealership, you'll get them their very own Beemer too, in fact you will do His & Hers Beemer.  grin
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by TOH(f): 2:00am On Jun 30, 2008
My assumptions are always right. wink
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by Nobody: 2:01am On Jun 30, 2008
TOH:

My assumptions are always right. wink

I give it to you! wink
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by onyinye2(f): 2:01am On Jun 30, 2008
@sisikill

how can we help them when they don't want to acknowledge it?? and plus to help them they gotta except the fact that they are among a new generation of women. that they can't see us as their inferior but their equal and right hand.
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by TOH(f): 2:02am On Jun 30, 2008
davidylan:

Because deep down i know they are just lying to make themselves happy. Only very rarely do you find females who truly enjoy being single.

If you are coming from a disastrous relationship, the last thing on your mind is a new relationship.
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by TOH(f): 2:03am On Jun 30, 2008
Sisikill:

Ladies! Ladies! Ladies! Please, don't argue with the men. We now know what their problem is. . . not that we didn't but it's been officially confirmed.

The next step is helping them work through their insecurities. Instead of getting on their cases, let's reassure them that when we go on a spending spree with our money, we will include them. Tell them the next time you go to the BMW Dealership, you'll get them their very own Beemer too, in fact you will do His & Hers Beemer. grin

Im a miser so I think at the dealership, I'll just give him a pacifier so he can shut the hell up grin
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by lonelypal(m): 2:04am On Jun 30, 2008
davidylan:

Dont always assume grin

Ur right bro, lol i doubt if there is any sane woman that would say she enjoys being single, it aint normal
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by Nobody: 2:04am On Jun 30, 2008
onyinye2:

@sisikill

how can we help them when they don't want to acknowledge it?? and plus to help them they gotta except the fact that they are among a new generation of women. that they can't see us as their inferior but their equal and right hand.

cut the crap!  grin Are you the only females alive? See me see cute chics passing by everyday and you think anyone is particularly concerned what you think?

TOH:

If you are coming from a disastrous relationship, the last thing on your mind is a new relationship.

True. However to pretend to be "happily single", not "bothered about marriage" and the rest is all a bold faced lie.
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by eldee(m): 2:08am On Jun 30, 2008
onyinye2:

@sisikill

Apparently, that's the part of the gist we always see onyinye
New generation this, equal rights that

Since 90% of the other women don't agree wiv you, no one really cares anymore
davidylan:

cut the crap! grin Are you the only females alive? See me see cute chics passing by everyday and you think anyone is particularly concerned what you think?

True. However to pretend to be "happily single", not "bothered about marriage" and the rest is all a bold faced lie.
Happily Single? It's a myth jare
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by TOH(f): 2:09am On Jun 30, 2008
davidylan:

Would you perfer to hear "desperately waiting to get married"?
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by onyinye2(f): 2:11am On Jun 30, 2008
why do i even bother with you men some times. face the fact that women are equal and that is the end of the story. who wants a puppy to follow them every where?? no one. you rather have someone you can stand by your side.
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by Nobody: 2:11am On Jun 30, 2008
eldee:

Happily Single? It's a myth jare

Let them continue burying their heads in the sands of denial.

Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by TOH(f): 2:12am On Jun 30, 2008
Looks like the head of a MAN to me grin
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by Nobody: 2:14am On Jun 30, 2008
TOH:

Would you perfer to hear "desperately waiting to get married"?

Certainly not. But you kill whatever interest may have come your way with the overly aggressive effort to propagate a false idea of being secure in your single status.
those who are truly happy being single dont need to announce it.
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by Nobody: 2:15am On Jun 30, 2008
TOH:

Looks like the head of a MAN to me grin

the man represents everyone cheesy
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by TOH(f): 2:15am On Jun 30, 2008
Not Me. cheesy
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by onyinye2(f): 2:17am On Jun 30, 2008
davidylan:

the man represents everyone cheesy

im going to remember this for later wink
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by eldee(m): 2:18am On Jun 30, 2008
onyinye2:

why do i even bother with you men some times. face the fact that women are equal and that is the end of the story. who wants a puppy to follow them every where?? no one. you rather have someone you can stand by your side.
The average nigeriand bloke wants the chick that'll stand by his side, but still knows who makes the final decision . . . c'est finis

davidylan:

Let them continue burying their heads in the sands of denial.
It always becomes apparent when you see the people wiv dates at the dinners cheesy
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by TOH(f): 2:18am On Jun 30, 2008
davidylan:

Certainly not. But you kill whatever interest may have come your way with the overly aggressive effort to propagate a false idea of being secure in your single status.
those who are truly happy being single don't need to announce it.

True but let's play a game

How would you perfer a female to reply to something like "Arent you afraid of ending up an unwanted old maid" or something like that

and dont justt give me "No" either
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by NegroNtns(m): 2:20am On Jun 30, 2008
lmao
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by TOH(f): 2:20am On Jun 30, 2008
eldee:

The average nigeriand bloke wants the chick that'll stand by his side, but still knows who makes the final decision . . . c'est finis
It always becomes apparent when you see the people with dates at the dinners cheesy

even if the decision is stupid, abi?

I take it alot of you were raised in households where mom and dad didnt discuss serious decisions together and come to a compromise.

or maybe that's just normal families.
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by Nobody: 2:21am On Jun 30, 2008
TOH:

True but let's play a game

How would you perfer a female to reply to something like "Arent you afraid of ending up an unwanted old maid" or something like that

and don't justt give me "No" either

If i were a female, i'd be very confident that no matter what i'd definitely find the person i am destined to be with. I like to mix optimism with a good dose of reality - as a female i'd probably say "doesnt matter how old but what matters most is who i end up with and i'm going to take my time to make sure waiting for him was worth it in the end".

the problem is most females who end up marrying very late brought it upon themselves, every woman has a shelf life. Playing hard to get is about the most silly game a woman can ever play especially when she's clearly beyond the age when she can hide under the banner of "i'm too young".
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by TOH(f): 2:23am On Jun 30, 2008
davidylan:

. Playing hard to get is about the most silly game a woman can ever play especially when she's clearly beyond the age when she can hide under the banner of "i'm too young".

In other words they should accept anyone, even if SHE doesnt believe the dude is her match?
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by onyinye2(f): 2:25am On Jun 30, 2008
eldee:

well i grew up in a household where my father treated my mom as his equal. sometimes he made the final decision and sometimes my mom did. and it worked out great for them.
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by Nobody: 2:26am On Jun 30, 2008
TOH:

In other words they should accept anyone, even if SHE doesnt believe the dude is her match?

no. But more often than not women tend to assume that if a guy is serious and is meant to be theirs he will stay at the door knocking forever even when she pretends to make a conscious effort not to be interested.
Women have to realise that times have changed, nobody has time to wait any longer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

War Chat Between A Guy And His Ex (screenshots) / 12 Of The Most Creative Beds You Have Ever Seen(photos) / Why Some Girls Can Never Be Faithful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.