Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,678 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming (5288 Views)

Why Do Men Not Seem To Like Virgins? / Men Not Showing Off Thier Girlfriends In Public / Why are Men not Crazy about Tall Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by Mesmerize(f): 3:15am On Jun 30, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Mes,

of course there are bunch of men out there who were dumped because of their inabilitiy to exhibit competence. I have seen women date men who were out of a job. It would be different if he lostthe job after the relationship began, no she knew it when they met but to her thats an advantageous position to be because she feels she can control his will. Both of them are wrong. You don't date when you don't have the means and reserve to sustain the relationship, it will only weaken your voice and your manhood will be trodden on.
In another word, what's love gotta do with it?
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by TOH(f): 3:16am On Jun 30, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

IShe should be saying to the next man " all you got is a year< if we are not married, I'm gone" Men need to be threatened sometimes.

Something is sincrely wrong with a relationship where you have to start threatening marriage, I think.

I see what you are saying but at the same time it's you same guys that will say "women are forcing guys to get married to them"
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by NegroNtns(m): 3:17am On Jun 30, 2008
True talk, culture is the biggest factor.  We are minted in certain ways and for most part the mints are easily corroded when exposed to elements that are culturally foreign and extremely opposite to our roots.  Two jeopardies! grin
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by eldee(m): 3:18am On Jun 30, 2008
TOH:

Question is, is it to just LISTEN to her side or to actually CONSIDER IT. That's the True question
Exactly . . . put it into consideration, but the fact still remains you're the one to choose the final result

TOH:

My problem with them? Hmmm

You mean other than the fact that a good majority are so bloody spoilt and such momma boys and they think every woman should act like their mom who has spoilt them to death thus alot of them tend to be very sexist, other than that absolutely nothing
You know what, go to bed first
Then wake up tomorrow, and read this thing you posted here
See how it sounds to you then

C'mon, every woman should act like their mom? undecided
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by NegroNtns(m): 3:19am On Jun 30, 2008
no thats not love.  He doesnt love himself and she doesnt love him either.  Love has nothhing to do with thaqt.  Self love first, only then can you know how to love another.  If you dont know who you are u cannot know who another is much less have the kindness and compassion to be affectionate and romantic towards them.
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by Mesmerize(f): 3:20am On Jun 30, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

no thats not love. He doesnt love himself and she doesnt love him either. Love has nothhing to do with thaqt. Self love first, only then can you know how to love another. If you don't know who you are u cannot know who another is much less have the kindness and compassion to be affectionate and romantic towards them.
hmmm, am speechless!
I'll have to give u a high 5 for this wink
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by Nobody: 3:21am On Jun 30, 2008
TOH:

My mom has a faint scar on the side of her face. A mark placed there by my grandmother. When she did it she added pepper there Btw on purpose. This was done when she was in SS 2.

Her offence? Talking to my dad after a party. All because this crazy Ekiti man who recently moved to Surulere decided to "stalk" her after a naming ceramony party. Seriously though he just wanted to chat her up, blah blah. one of her friends she went to the party with left her there and went him. Grandma asked for my mom's whereabouts, "oh she's talking to some dude". She went crazy when she got back and did what she did because she believed my mom cheapened herself for talking to the opposite sex. According to her, if he was serious, he would have seen my grandparents first and "proved his love"

At the end of it, she got married to this same man anyway. My dad is the one who told us the story of the mark. My mom doesnt discuss it.

Just saying you can't always blame these girls for doing these things. It's what they've been taught. You peopl,e keep screaming we're copying the Western World after all. I do see what you are saying though. Just have a heart for these girls na and quit resenting them wink

your grandma na wa o  shocked

I dont resent the "play hard to get" type, the problem is mine actually . . . too little patience.  tongue
However i believe that a woman gets to a point where as an adult she should be able to sniff out those guys who are in it because they are serious and those who just want to play around. To give a guy who is really serious the run around for no just cause is very unfair.

Many guys know that every woman has more than one man interested in her, as long as she continues foot dragging they take it to mean she's probably stalling for someone else her mind is truly on and just stringing along the other guy as plan B.

no one likes to be plan B.
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by onyinye2(f): 3:24am On Jun 30, 2008
eldee:

God gave you one mom oka. dont expect your wife to become your second. if you want to be catered to, and pampered go to your mother and have you spoon feed you while she is at it.
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by Nobody: 3:25am On Jun 30, 2008
onyinye2:

God gave you one mom oka. don't expect your wife to become your second. if you want to be catered to, and pampered go to your mother and have you spoon feed you while she is at it.

madam i say wake up and fast. If you dont know that's part of your duties as a wife then God help you.
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by NegroNtns(m): 3:27am On Jun 30, 2008
relationships should not be a duty TOH.  It is people that understand self sacrifice and are tactful and diplomatic that can hold on to marriage.  It is easyto fall in love, the problem is STAYING WITH LOVE.  The guilt of fallouts is on both sides.  Im a firm believer in wise choices.  If you have been hurt leaping over a gap before, then you need to look before you leap next time.  If a 25yr old was in a relatinship for two years and was dumped, i am not sure she should go another two or three years with another man not knowing what the outcome of that could be, so yes, she need to place her legs firmly on the ground and say it like it is, this p-ssy is not free!
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by TOH(f): 3:29am On Jun 30, 2008
eldee:

You are in severe denial so Im not even responding to you anymore. If you wanna deny alot of men subconsciously would actually like to MARRY their mothers in fact then perhaps you should read an actual book sometime. It's quite evident everywhere you go. But since you rather just argue with me, whatever

Glad you didnt disagree with the "overly spoiled and sexist" part however grin
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by NegroNtns(m): 3:31am On Jun 30, 2008
mes,

hold on you give me a high 5 shocked  I cant believe my eyez.  Well, thank you cool   Your head is clearing up, thats good news grin

ahn,ahn,  watch your response coming back
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by onyinye2(f): 3:32am On Jun 30, 2008
davidylan:

madam i say wake up and fast. If you don't know that's part of your duties as a wife then God help you.

my duties as a wife is to love my husband. all of him. yes i will care for him but im not going to treat him like a mother would.
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by NegroNtns(m): 3:34am On Jun 30, 2008
TOH, keep text books out of matrimony. The authors are themselves models of failure in their homes. Do you not know that?
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by eldee(m): 3:36am On Jun 30, 2008
TOH:

You are in severe denial so I'm not even responding to you anymore. If you want to deny alot of men subconsciously would actually like to MARRY their mothers in fact then perhaps you should read an actual book sometime. It's quite evident everywhere you go. But since you rather just argue with me, whatever

Glad you didnt disagree with the "overly spoiled and sexist" part however grin
I'll still not attempt to argue till you sleep and wake up
And I'm actually sure you weren't typing in your sleep

onyinye2:

my duties as a wife is to love my husband. all of him. yes i will care for him but im not going to treat him like a mother would.
And what do mothers do to their male and female kids?
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by Nobody: 3:37am On Jun 30, 2008
onyinye2:

when you get married come and sing the same tune.
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by Mesmerize(f): 3:38am On Jun 30, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

mes,

hold on you give me a high 5 shocked I can't believe my eyez. Well, thank you cool Your head is clearing up, thats good news grin

ahn,ahn, watch your response coming back
so you know your comment deserved one of my responses? hisssss.

My head is clearing up or you're actually beginning to fly in the same direction as my wind??
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by TOH(f): 3:39am On Jun 30, 2008
Yea my gran's, lol lets just say Jehovah Witness, what can I say

davidylan:

I don't resent the "play hard to get" type, the problem is mine actually . . . too little patience. tongue
However i believe that a woman gets to a point where as an adult she should be able to sniff out those guys who are in it because they are serious and those who just want to play around. To give a guy who is really serious the run around for no just cause is very unfair.

I agree with you. BUT you act like all "older women" are mature. Not the case. I assume you've heard of 28 yr old and older falling for playboys that even 21 yr olds would know not to take seriously. Being old doesnt make one wise wink

Even some playboys sef are getting good at pretending to be "serious". Let's just say it's a good thing I take my Ekiti roots seriously. Give me a name and I can give you the person's's and his family history and sins within 3 days. Shio wink

The importance of Iwadiiiiiiiiiiii ooooo.
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by onyinye2(f): 3:41am On Jun 30, 2008
@ eldee
a love from a mother is different from the love from a wife.

@david
i hope your wife is very submissive. you couldnt dare handle a woman who lives in the era of I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T.
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by debosky(m): 3:42am On Jun 30, 2008
@ TOH

can you get me info on the family of Birnin Magaji?
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by TOH(f): 3:42am On Jun 30, 2008
Negro, do you have to be so vulgar? Defining women by their genitals

Why?
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by Nobody: 3:45am On Jun 30, 2008
TOH:

Yea my gran's, lol lets just say Jehovah Witness, what can I say

I agree with you. BUT you act like all "older women" are mature. Not the case. I assume you've heard of 28 yr old and older falling for playboys that even 21 yr olds would know not to take seriously. Being old doesnt make one wise wink

[b]Even some playboys sef are getting good at pretending to be "serious". Let's just say it's a good thing I take my Ekiti roots seriously. Give me a name and I can give you the person's's and his family history and sins within 3 days. Shio wink[/b]The importance of Iwadiiiiiiiiiiii ooooo.

Lmao!!!!!!! Always knew you were a policewoman. tongue
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by eldee(m): 3:46am On Jun 30, 2008
onyinye2:

@ eldee
a love from a mother is different from the love from a wife.
Exactly . . .meaning your last statement was pointless init? tongue
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by TOH(f): 3:46am On Jun 30, 2008
debosky:

@ TOH

can you get me info on the family of Birnin Magaji?

Lmao. No. Oniranu. tongue
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by Nobody: 3:47am On Jun 30, 2008
TOH:

Give me a name and I can give you the person's's and his family history and sins within 3 days. Shio wink

The importance of Iwadiiiiiiiiiiii ooooo.

I hereby submit two names:

a. Debosky
b. 4 Play
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by Mesmerize(f): 3:47am On Jun 30, 2008
eldee:

actually it was not! she knew what she was saying, just not clearly
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by onyinye2(f): 3:48am On Jun 30, 2008
eldee:

no because yal want a wife to treat you like your mother did. how when she doesnt love you in that way. a mom treats you in that way because she loves you like that. so how can you expect your wife to do the same??
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by NegroNtns(m): 3:48am On Jun 30, 2008
I talk frank, very frank when im passionate about a topic.  I hope it doesnt offend.  My tongue is clean but my finger, mmm, i dont know,
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by Nobody: 3:49am On Jun 30, 2008
onyinye2:

@david
i hope your wife is very submissive. you couldnt dare handle a woman who lives in the era of I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T.

funny and widely untrue assessment.
The problem is your own definition of "independent". Is it a woman who has her own oppinions or just one that is a stubborn mule?
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by TOH(f): 3:50am On Jun 30, 2008
davidylan:

I hereby submit two names:

a. Debosky
b. 4 Play

Debo is most likely clean. tongue

Give me 4Play's real name grin

stillwater:

Lmao!!!!!!! Always knew you were a policewoman. tongue

That is me o. I have no intention on being with someone who has sins of their father on their heads or one who has sins that can be transferred to my children. Nope.
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by Nobody: 3:52am On Jun 30, 2008
TOH:

Debo is most likely clean. tongue

Give me 4Play's real name grin

How can Debo be clean? shocked Dig harder.
4Play i think is Emeka, as a policewoman you shld know. I need facts!
Re: We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming by TOH(f): 3:52am On Jun 30, 2008
onyinye. Stop. kiss

Oprah isnt always right. It's good to be rich though. lol grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

funfun / Sex In The Kitchen By Married Couples / Twitter User Shared a photo of how Breasts look Like under the skin ( Photo )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.