Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? (41611 Views)

Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? / Why Do Churches Pay Their Instrumentalists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by millzbozz(m): 3:17pm On Oct 17, 2013
Who wrote the Bible? Check all the
Prophets, who wrote the Bible? The
Bible was written in the year 1503 AD,
according to the Jewish history, which
is 501-years today—five hundred and
one years.
2. By the year 2004, from the
day the first Bible was written,
complied and published, it is 501
years. The first Bible was written
courtesy of the Vatican City because
Titus conquered Jerusalem and carried
all the parchments to Rome, because
Rome was controlling the whole world.
3. That was why the name of the
first Bible that was published in the
world, which was published in Latin
language, was called CODEX
VATICANUS. Am I telling lies? Quote
me wherever you go. There is no
Reverend Father, there is no Pope,
there is no Archbishop that does not
know about this truth—CODEX
VATICANUS!
4. It is 2001. Crosscheck it
wherever you can. After going through
this Message, you can go to All-
Hallows Students’ Library. Meet the
Rector of the Seminary. That is the
highest library you can lay hand on in
Onitsha. Or, you can go to National
Archives, in Enugu. Go and crosscheck
what I have said.
5. The next Bible after CODEX
VATICANUS was published in the year
1506, in the city of Alexandra. It was
also published in Latin language. It was
titled: CODEX ALEXANDRINUS. You
have to know the origin of these
things.
THE ORIGIN OF KING JAMES VERSION
OF THE BIBLE
The first English Bible was published in
Elizabeth English or Shakespearian
English. I will tell you the origin. It was
due to the problem Prince James had
in the Catholic Church.
7. Prince James was a son of King
James of England. He was an arch
Roman Catholic. He married Lady
Catherine who was barren. But Prince
James desired to have his own
children.
8. The Roman Catholic was
against polygamy. Thus, they stood
against his marrying another wife.
Prince James decided to go contrary to
the order of the Catholic Church and
took a second wife. The Archbishop of
Rome decided he would never wed
him.
9. Prince James decided to go
with Church Missionary Society, which
he later called the Church of England.
What we call “Church of Nigeria” today
or Anglican Church was CMS (Church
Missionary Society). It was a mere
society just like Scripture Union.
10. You must know the origin of the
Anglican Church.
11. Therefore, Prince James went
there. When he got there, he injected
a revolution because he was in
authority since his father died; he
ascended the throne as a king. Then,
he assembled English scholars and gave
them a copy of CODEX VATICANUS to
translate in the language of English—
that is British language.
12. Remember that we are speaking
English today is because we were
colonized by the British. If the French
had colonized us, we shall be speaking
French language. That is why we have
Anglophone countries.
13. Anglophone countries are the
countries that were controlled by the
British. Francophone countries are
countries that were colonized by
France. Do you get the Message?
14. King James assembled these
scholars. It took them three years to
translate the CODEX VATICANUS into
the language of the English of that day.
That English was Shakespearian
language; examples are: YE, THOU,
ART, SAYETH, and so many others
which are not current English we speak
today.
15. If you are conversant with
Shakespeare, even though he is from
England, it is not an American English.
The language of King James Version is
not an American language. It is purely
British language.
16. When they finished it, the man
decided to publish it. That is why it
was published under his SEAL and
handed out as a symbol of authority.
The seal of a king is an irrevocable seal.
That is why you can see it written as:
THE AUTHORIZED KING JAMES
VERSION.
17. The whole thing was written
after the belief of his majesty, the King
of England under his seal and
authority. Have you seen it? That is
why you call it THE AUTHORIZED KING
JAMES VERSION. And it is being
diligently compelled, everything
remaining the same.
18. Can you translate from one
language to another with hundred
percent (100%) accuracy? Can you
translate from Igbo to English with
hundred percent (100%) accuracy? Can
you translate from English to Igbo with
hundred percent (100%) accuracy? No,
is not possible.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Sweetapple007(f): 3:19pm On Oct 17, 2013
Enigma:

It's a lie, what of the Apostolic Church --- from the apostles? And what of the Pentecost Church from the day of Pentecost?

And which "catholic"?

Orthodox Catholic aka Eastern Orthodox?
Oriental Orthodox Church?
Old Catholic Church?
Independent Catholic Church?
Liberal Catholic Church?

Was/is the Church of Jerusalem that James spoke for "catholic"?

Was/is the Church of Antioch that Peter was part of and which originated the word "catholic" --- catholic? In other words, is the historic Church of Antioch "catholic"?

smiley
stop confusg urself the Roman catholic church is the first churcb! Calvinism ad luther are the fathers of pentecoastal churches ad they died mystersly. They were cursed by the pope f breakg away ad since then pentecostal contntnu to break away ad live in further confusn.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Sweetapple007(f): 3:31pm On Oct 17, 2013
Those that say trinity is not is the bible read mattw28-19-20!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by BodyKiss(m): 3:32pm On Oct 17, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Simple, 'cos we all understand things differently, and not forgetting the devil's factor

But I have this to say irrespective of ur denomination, ur relationship with God should be utmost!

One thing and only one thing is needful, do not be deceived by the devil into getting too much attached to the things of the world. The devil is so subtle that he get you too busy even with good things and activities of religion, but not that which is needful. You major on the minor and minor on the major, and before you know it you have spent your life on the wrong things and it is too late.

But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou are careful and trouble about many things. But one thing is needful: And Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
Luke 10:40-42

Stay blessed and remain rapturable

Like having 4 jets?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by PrettySpicey(f): 4:06pm On Oct 17, 2013
It is called PROTEST. That is how it started, one man protesting against an already existing doctrine and that is how it's been spreading.
They call it Holy Spirit Inspiration, I call it Dividing the Body of Christ.
At the end, May God help us all.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 4:19pm On Oct 17, 2013
Bograd83: dear frnd, do u church? There is only 1 church dat Jesus is coming to take. D church dat beliv only d doctrine of Christ

You said earlier that "in the world today, 1 out of 100 are God's Churches."

I said show me these God's Churches that teach God's doctrine.

Answer honestly, Christian lady.

"I dont know" is not a sin.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by adsonstone: 4:28pm On Oct 17, 2013
italo:

You have quoted the Bible extensively to criticize the Catholic Church. I hope you know that the Bible originated from the Catholic Church.

If the Catholic Church is evil, the Bible is evil.

Don't say things blindly. It is clear that you don't even know the origin of the bible.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by tete7000(m): 4:31pm On Oct 17, 2013
paulcr7: Revelation 17 talks about Babylon and her daughters.A woman represent a church and babylon represent apostasy(Genesis 11).The harlot woman means the a church united with d state(rev 17:2,rev 13:1-2,Daniel 2:41), in enforcing its doctrines,killing the saints of God that are true to the bible alone.(rev17:6).This happened in d dark ages when roman govt under constantine united with the papacy and also persecuted the saints.Babylon represent the roman church but rev 17:5 talks abt d daughters of Babylon.That means there are many apostate churches with false doctrines.Baptism by sprinkling,change of sabbath,worshiping images,giving the pope the power to forgive sins(righteousness by works),immortality,purgatory,spiritualism,heaven&hell after death.All these doctrines originated from d roman church and all who hold any of these doctrines are daughters of Babylon.However,rev 12 talks abt a pure and holy woman representing God's true church.The woman is a singular woman.These are some of the characteristics of God's true church.1.it will arise after the dark ages(rev 12:5),after 1798.2.it will be a remnant(Minority)-vs 17.3.it will keep all of God's commandments including the 4th.vs 17.4.it will av d spirit of prophecy-rev 19:10.5.it will be a world wide church-mathew 28:19,20.6.It will be persecuted like in the dark ages by the coming together of church and state(rev12:17,rev 13).If u can study the book of revelation,u will find other characteristics.However,God has many children in many churches that are faithful to him but he is calling us to find the one true church and go there(rev 18:4,5).The dark ages will come again and those who unite with God's church will be persecuted just like the waldenses.Babylon is going to fall(rev 18:21-24) and God is still calling us to come out of it,so that we will nt receive d mark of d beast.Today,churches are teaching human traditions rather than the pure word of God.Truth is no longer absolute but relative.the standards are going down.A national sunday law will be passed soon and God's people will be persecuted.Come out of babylon is the call.There is only 1 church that fulfils these characteristics and God is calling his children to unite to his church."in d matter of conscience,the majority has no power".Lets follow the truth because its true and nt because it is popular.Truth has never been popular and the remnant has always been persecuted.God is calling us to uplift his laws above every human tradition
Your argument lacked logic. If catholic church is the bane of division, why is it that long after Martin Luther separated from the church there continue to be division among those of you that bought his idea? Funny as it may sound, I am sure the church you attend doesn't even share any semblance with the Lutheran Church. Worse still among the modern Pentecostalism there is no agreement as to what should be and what should not. Rebellion is the root of division. Whatever rebellion starts, rebellion continues to propagate. As for me and my household there is one Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I refuse to take part in jamboree happening around where everyman simply wakes up and claim authority to know that for which his source of inspiration is subject to questioning.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Enigma(m): 4:33pm On Oct 17, 2013
Sweetapple007: stop confusg urself the Roman catholic church is the first churcb! Calvinism ad luther are the fathers of pentecoastal churches ad they died mystersly. They were cursed by the pope f breakg away ad since then pentecostal contntnu to break away ad live in further confusn.

OK , I will take your advice to stop confusing myself! grin

Maybe, you can even help me?

This Roman Catholic Church that you speak about:

is it the same Church that we see discussing in Acts 15 when the apostle James spoke for the Church?
does it include the historic Church of Antioch where we know that the apostle Peter actually was for some time?
is it the same Roman Catholic Church that says no man can be saved outside that Roman Catholic Church?

Would you say that somebody like Athanasius or Cyril of Jerusalem or Polycarp of Smyrna etc etc etc is/was a member of this Roman catholic Church?

Meanwhile, if you need help with my question so that you can better help me to stop confusing myself please read the following thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1257440/catholic-catholic-back-catholic

cool
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by FECOSON: 4:39pm On Oct 17, 2013
Romans 16:17-18
New International Version (NIV)
17 I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned.Keep away from them.18 For such people are not serving our Lord Christ,but their own appetites.By smooth talk and flattery they deceivethe minds of naive people
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Enigma(m): 4:40pm On Oct 17, 2013
adsonstone:

Don't say things blindly. It is clear that you don't even know the origin of the bible.

Some of them do not know the origins of the Bible and have been sold a dummy by their denomination. Others know better but also choose to join with the falsehood and even fraud of their denomination/organisation --- especially the Roman Catholic denomination.

Here are some threads where the origin of the Bible has been discussed:

https://www.nairaland.com/1039359/canon-bible-roman-catholic-church

https://www.nairaland.com/1257440/catholic-catholic-back-catholic

smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by tete7000(m): 4:41pm On Oct 17, 2013
Enigma:

is it the same Church that we see discussing in Acts 15 when the apostle James spoke for the Church?
does it include the historic Church of Antioch where we know that the apostle Peter actually was for some time?
is it the same Roman Catholic Church that says no man can be saved outside that Roman Catholic Church?

Would you say that somebody like Athanasius or Cyril of Jerusalem or Polycarp of Smyrna etc etc etc is/was a member of this Roman catholic Church?

Meanwhile, if you need help with my question so that you can better help me to stop confusing myself please read the following thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1257440/catholic-catholic-back-catholic

cool
Mr., rather than come here to quote a thread; do yourself a favour by going online to read extensively about origin and history of Christianity. Secular sources like wikipedia will even do you more good. Its a pity that plenty like you have never taken their time to do a thorough search of that which they claim to believe.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2013
adsonstone:

No point. No reasons. No case.

Just a blind declaration you've made.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Enigma(m): 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2013
^^ Read the thread! I did the thread.

Read it and educate yourself; I promise it would do you good. wink

smiley
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Sweetapple007(f): 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2013
Enigma:

Would you say that somebody like Athanasius or Cyril of Jerusalem or Polycarp of Smyrna etc etc etc is/was a member of this Roman catholic Churc

Meanwhile, if you need help with my question so that you can better help me to stop confusing myself please read the following thread: jhttp://www.nairaland.com/1257440/catholic-catholic-back-catholic

cool
the church of st peter! Jesus said to peter on him he wil build his !church the gate of hel shal not pravail!
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Enigma(m): 4:50pm On Oct 17, 2013
^^ So the Church of St Peter is the Apostolic Church and also the Pentecost Church.

The Roman Catholic Church denomination came much later. wink

smiley
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 17, 2013
Long live the mother church

Long live the compiler of the bible
Long live the church of the apostles

Long live the holy catholic church
Existing since 33CE

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Sweetapple007(f): 4:55pm On Oct 17, 2013
The church start frm the catherg of saint to the Roman catholic when it became fully merged to present day pentecoastalism that is stil dividg it self.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Enigma(m): 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2013
^^^^ I can see the Apostolic Church and the Pentecost Church on the day of Pentecost but I can't see the Roman Catholic Church denomination there ---- because it came later. wink

What about the Church in Corinth? Or the Church in Thessalonica? Or the Church in Ephesus? Or the Church that met in Prisca's house?

When did those become part of the Roman Catholic Church denomination? wink

smiley
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by TropicalDr: 5:08pm On Oct 17, 2013
Have you discussants heard about the Early church fathers? (they are first few generation disciples of the Apostles). From their writing we can get to know what the Apostles taught them about the faith and its practices. Thank God for the information age it is easier getting their writings than before. They include Ignatius of Antioch and Polycarp of Smynr both students of John the longest surviving Apostle, Ireneus student of Polycarp and Clement of Rome student of Peter the Apostle just to mention a few. Most of the questions you have, have been asnwered before by them.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 5:16pm On Oct 17, 2013
Tropical_Dr: Have you discussants heard about the Early church fathers? (they are first few generation disciples of the Apostles). From their writing we can get to know what the Apostles taught them about the faith and its practices. Thank God for the information age it is easier getting their writings than before. They include Ignatius of Antioch and Polycarp of Smynr both students of John the longest surviving Apostle, Ireneus student of Polycarp and Clement of Rome student of Peter the Apostle just to mention a few. Most of the questions you have, have been asnwered before by them.

The Church Fathers will always lead any reasonable person to the Catholic Church.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by iamonlyaugust(m): 5:18pm On Oct 17, 2013
italo: I will tell you why.

Because Jesus gave us one Church to teach us but men have founded their own places of worship and called them "churches."

Jesus' ONE Church is still in existence and it was that Church that gave us the Bible in the fourth century.

Find that Church and you will find the fullness of the true teachings of Jesus. Listen to that Church as it explains the word of God which is revealed through Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition...then you will avoid the ones Jesus calls "workers of lawlessness."

Hey Italo. To be candid, I really love your diatribe on this thread. It's unusual, but susceptible. But for me, I'd love to have a debate with you anytime about this moot issue têtê-à-têtê. The argument, I presume, won't be quite enlightening here. Help pick a date here in lagos, precisely any weekend, and a palatable venue and let's do it.

Safe.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Enigma(m): 5:20pm On Oct 17, 2013
Tropical_Dr: Have you discussants heard about the Early church fathers? (they are first few generation disciples of the Apostles). From their writing we can get to know what the Apostles taught them about the faith and its practices. Thank God for the information age it is easier getting their writings than before. They include Ignatius of Antioch and Polycarp of Smynr both students of John the longest surviving Apostle, Ireneus student of Polycarp and Clement of Rome student of Peter the Apostle just to mention a few. Most of the questions you have, have been asnwered before by them.

Interesting! And do you see that those I bolded were NOT Roman Catholics. wink

smiley
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by adsonstone: 5:20pm On Oct 17, 2013
chukwudi44: rom the verses of scripure i showed you, Jesus says 'if you asked anything in my 'name' i will do it'. Tell me what is d use of praying through mary's name when he (Jesus) can give u anything u ask through his name. We can only get access to the father through Jesus alone and no other because he shed his spotless blood for us on calvary. It is even an insult on the only begotten son of God praying in mary's name.

Do you mind the essence of asking your pastor anyone else for that matter to pray for you when you can equally pray straight to Jesus? So all your protestant pastors and other members praying for one another have been committing sin all these while

Study James 5
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 17, 2013
adsonstone:

Study James 5

how does that contradict me asking mary to pray for me?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by COYG: 5:26pm On Oct 17, 2013
Must say I am impressed with maturity of majority of the commenters here in not mentioning names and not taking the thread personal.
With that been said, I want you guys to ponder on d following questions as you comment:
-What if Christ came when humans have not discovered the act of writing, how could the teachings be preserved?
- With reference to the above question, would christianity be extint by now?
-Peter, Paul, Silas, etc, never opened any church in Rome, Corinth, theselonia, etc by writing to them. They only wrote to encourage, advice or warn. So, how were these people practising
their christianity in the absence of the disciples and their leters?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 17, 2013

bros dont even waste your time debating with trolls on this site.Before you debate with anyone just check his/her post history.Some people are just meant to be ignored
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Syncan(m): 5:31pm On Oct 17, 2013
chukwudi44:

bros dont even waste your time debating with trolls on this site.Before you do wit with anyone just check his/her post history.Some people are just meant to be ignored

Hahahaha, bros I just de laugh, some cry baby trolling the thread , yet no attention, I just de laugh since.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Enigma(m): 5:33pm On Oct 17, 2013
grin Yeah, the matter dey tru tru pain my crybabies. wink

smiley
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 17, 2013
COYG: Must say I am impressed with maturity of majority of the commenters here in not mentioning names and not taking the thread personal.
With that been said, I want you guys to ponder on d following questions as you comment:
-What if Christ came when humans have not discovered the act of writing, how could the teachings be preserved?
- With reference to the above question, would christianity be extint by now?
-Peter, Paul, Silas, etc, never opened any church in Rome, Corinth, theselonia, etc by writing to them. They only wrote to encourage, advice or warn. So, how were these people practising
their christianity in the absence of the disciples and their leters?

you will have to study about patristics to really get a feel of what the early church was like.Look up the writings of the early church fathers most notably SS Ignatius of antioch,Polycarp of smyrna,Clement of Rome,Ireaneaus of Lyons,justin Matyretc
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by beula2009: 5:35pm On Oct 17, 2013
More reasons to hate RELIGION.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 17, 2013
Syncan:

Hahahaha, bros I just de laugh, some cry baby trolling the thread , yet no attention, I just de laugh since.
na who even get time for trolls.I have been ignoring trolls since 1940s grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Reigners Church Building Collapse: I Don’t Want To Be A Bishop Again - Akan / What I Was Offered By An Occultist While Preaching In A Bus Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.