Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (354040 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 04, 2015
bravolad:

Thank you so very immensely.

Bro, I just had to get my tyre loosen so as to show you the auto levelling headlamp sensor. In my own lexus in order to let you see how it is. Notice where that black hand points towards.

Right rear passenger side if you're looking at the car from behind it.

Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 10:31pm On Mar 04, 2015
my high idle speed still persists oo. . . . . . . 1000 - 1100 rpm

What should i be looking at?
Re: Club-Lexus by bravolad(m): 6:17am On Mar 05, 2015
lomomike:

Bro, I just had to get my tyre loosen so as to show you the auto levelling headlamp sensor. In my own lexus in order to let you see how it is. Notice where that black hand points towards.

Right rear passenger side if you're looking at the car from behind it.

Thank you very much. I will check it out by the weekend.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 6:40am On Mar 05, 2015
Emperoh:
my high idle speed still persists oo. . . . . . . 1000 - 1100 rpm

What should i be looking at?

Intake, throttle body, MAF/MAP, ECU ect.
When last did you change your air filter?
A scan will reveal a lot; do it pls.
Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 8:36am On Mar 05, 2015
lomomike:

Intake, throttle body, MAF/MAP, ECU ect.
When last did you change your air filter?
A scan will reveal a lot; do it pls.

I am reading somewhere that this will normally happen after a plug change. Don't know how true.
But mine started after the plugs were swapped with new ones!
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 05, 2015
Emperoh:

I am reading somewhere that this will normally happen after a plug change. Don't know how true.
But mine started after the plugs were swapped with new ones!

Yes, it could also happen.
Did you use OEM recommended spark plugs?

Wrong grade of oil can cause it to also read high rpm low quality fuel can also set off such.
Re: Club-Lexus by kakameks: 11:29am On Mar 05, 2015
guy am still getting 13.3 mpg on my 2004 RX 330, i am gonna scan the car to see if any code rears it ugly head. (No check engine light)

by the way how much is oxygen sensor both banks and also the mass air flow meter? there is a school of thought that suggested a "lazy" oxygen sensor can report a rich mix as lean to the engine ecu while not triggering any codes.

just need to get a good engine/tranny/airbag scanner first.
Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 11:38am On Mar 05, 2015
lomomike:

Yes, it could also happen.
Did you use OEM recommended spark plugs?

Wrong grade of oil can cause it to also read high rpm low quality fuel can also set off such.

I used genuine Toyota Plugs and the Mobil Semi synthetic 5w30 oil
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 05, 2015
Emperoh:

I used genuine Toyota Plugs and the Mobil Semi synthetic 5w30 oil

Somewhere in this thread I gave you the recommended sparkplug specs. Was that the sparkplug specs you used?
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 05, 2015
kakameks:
guy am still getting 13.3 mpg on my 2004 RX 330, i am gonna scan the car to see if any code rears it ugly head. (No check engine light)

by the way how much is oxygen sensor both banks and also the mass air flow meter? there is a school of thought that suggested a "lazy" oxygen sensor can report a rich mix as lean to the engine ecu while not triggering any codes.

just need to get a good engine/tranny/airbag scanner first.

Get the scanner. But also check your air filter if its dirty, dusty, clogged etc buy another.
Re: Club-Lexus by kakameks: 4:59pm On Mar 05, 2015
already checked the air filter, it was still fine though i dusted it before putting it back.

any idea on the cost of the sensors? both oxygen sensors and air flow meter? pls new ones.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 05, 2015
kakameks:
already checked the air filter, it was still fine though i dusted it before putting it back.

any idea on the cost of the sensors? both oxygen sensors and air flow meter? pls new ones.

For A/F Sensors and Oxygen Sensors, go to a mechanic workshop and ask them for highlander 3MZ engine up and down sensor. However, I'd still advice you to scan that SUV. What grade of oil do you use?
Re: Club-Lexus by kakameks: 4:14pm On Mar 06, 2015
just did a scan, there was no code what so ever. Also ran a test of the sensors the nice guy that did the scan (free by the way) said that my Lt bank 2 sensor is not ok.

He did a drive test and the percentage that the particular sensor displayed was 0% both while the car was idle and in motion. he said that when the car is in motion the reading should change. The other sensor's reading were ok by him, it was in the range of 0.5 or something.

So the theory of "lazy" sensors not flashing a code is true.

So Now Oga Mike, any idea how much the lower and upper bank sensors are?
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 06, 2015
kakameks:
just did a scan, there was no code what so ever. Also ran a test of the sensors the nice guy that did the scan (free by the way) said that my Lt bank 2 sensor is not ok.

He did a drive test and the percentage that the particular sensor displayed was 0% both while the car was idle and in motion. he said that when the car is in motion the reading should change. The other sensor's reading were ok by him, it was in the range of 0.5 or something.

So the theory of "lazy" sensors not flashing a code is true.

So Now Oga Mike, any idea how much the lower and upper bank sensors are?

Run a live scan to isolate and determine which O2 or A/F sensor is lazy. The Live scan also should indicate the LTFT and STFT.

However, are your tyres 30psi all round, is your Airfilter free of dirt and clogged stuffs, do you use the right specs of engine oil (5W30), are your brakes binding or free, what about your sparkplugs? These factors could also be responsible
Re: Club-Lexus by ladon1: 6:05pm On Mar 06, 2015
You can check your fast idle valve. It may need a little adjustment. The adjustment can also be done via the throtle cable. Any of these two will bring down the idle speed to about 800/900 rpm
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 06, 2015
ladon1:
You can check your fast idle valve. It may need a little adjustment. The adjustment can also be done via the throtle cable. Any of these two will bring down the idle speed to about 800/900 rpm

That vehicle uses an ETCS-i system. Its modulated via electronic signals reaching the throttle sensors and not any tension cable.
Re: Club-Lexus by kakameks: 7:54pm On Mar 06, 2015
The actual screen read LT Fuel Train B2 or LTFT B2.
My brakes are not binding
oil is fine
I will look into the plug issue but i dont think that is it.bl
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 06, 2015
kakameks:
The actual screen read LT Fuel Train B2 or LTFT B2.
My brakes are not binding
oil is fine
I will look into the plug issue but i dont think that is it.bl

Hello, I don't understand the readout, pls post a picture of the graphs/ voltage or what ever value is shown. Do a screen grab of the scan reading the live scan of the LTFT and STFT.
Re: Club-Lexus by kakameks: 8:43pm On Mar 07, 2015
I just popped into a filling station to fill my tank, which was at 1/4 full ( lowest level since i got the ride) after the fill a joined the road with some brisk driving and noticed my mpg jump from 12.2 to 14.1 to 15.5 to 16.6mpg!

I watched my driving till i got home, puzzled about the whole incident. So decided to peek at the O2 sensor to see it for myself and when i got undet the car i discovered a hole (size of a marble ball) on the exhaust muffler. This came with the car from america so i went to fix it and too it out for a highway test.

Using the cruse control at 100km/h, i got a mileage of 22.9mpg!!! I could have gone higher. And on getting back to town it came down to 20.3mpg even after 2 stops.

Will do a manual check of the mpg again to see the difference.

LEARNING POINTS OR SUSPECTED SOLUTION
1. The low fuel gauge may have triggered some thing.
2. It may just be a case of bad fuel, but i dont this is the case.
3. The O2 sensor may have been clogged by carbon deposit from too much rich mix exhaust gasses and the hard driving i did after getting fuel cleared it to function properly.
4. The leaky exhaust was not helping either.

well hope this long write up helps for those having similar issues. Will observe and update if any change occur.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 07, 2015
kakameks:
I just popped into a filling station to fill my tank, which was at 1/4 full ( lowest level since i got the ride) after the fill a joined the road with some brisk driving and noticed my mpg jump from 12.2 to 14.1 to 15.5 to 16.6mpg!

I watched my driving till i got home, puzzled about the whole incident. So decided to peek at the O2 sensor to see it for myself and when i got undet the car i discovered a hole (size of a marble ball) on the exhaust muffler. This came with the car from america so i went to fix it and too it out for a highway test.

Using the cruse control at 100km/h, i got a mileage of 22.9mpg!!! I could have gone higher. And on getting back to town it came down to 20.3mpg even after 2 stops.

Will do a manual check of the mpg again to see the difference.

LEARNING POINTS OR SUSPECTED SOLUTION
1. The low fuel gauge may have triggered some thing.
2. It may just be a case of bad fuel, but i dont this is the case.
3. The O2 sensor may have been clogged by carbon deposit from too much rich mix exhaust gasses and the hard driving i did after getting fuel cleared it to function properly.
4. The leaky exhaust was not helping either.

well hope this long write up helps for those having similar issues. Will observe and update if any change occur.

Congrats on your MPG. I am particularly happy about this Eureka moment.
@ bolded, a clear picture will produce better detail to guide us in learning more. Pls be kind enough to snap picture of the area where the hole is.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 11:06pm On Mar 07, 2015
Back to Abuja and back to my ES330. . . . . got in from Kano at about 5pm. The first thing i did was to disconnect my battery head, even before i went into my apartment.

15 minutes later, i had unpacked and was about to get into town. I reconnected the battery terminal and started the car. A little hesitation but on a second crank, it came to life!!

Hovered around 900rpm at idle, but cold engine- (down from 1000rpm at idle after the plug change). This gave me some hope.

Drove off into town. By the time i got to Maitama, and parked, rpm was back to normal- 750 - 800. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

So i think the battery head disconnection did the magic. I am wondering if this should be the procedure once there's a plug change?

On another issue, my xmas lights are are back!! P2241 this time.
I am waiting to see if the P0430 will come back. if it doesn't after 300 km, i will look for a new sensor for A/F Sensor B2,S1
Or Lomo wetin you think?

Also got a U0126, when i scanned my ABS. Not throwing any CEL but i am wondering where to start on this one now!?? angry angry sad
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 08, 2015
Emperoh:
Back to Abuja and back to my ES330. . . . . got in from Kano at about 5pm. The first thing i did was to disconnect my battery head, even before i went into my apartment.

15 minutes later, i had unpacked and was about to get into town. I reconnected the battery terminal and started the car. A little hesitation but on a second crank, it came to life!!

Hovered around 900rpm at idle, but cold engine- (down from 1000rpm at idle after the plug change). This gave me some hope.

Drove off into town. By the time i got to Maitama, and parked, rpm was back to normal- 750 - 800. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

So i think the battery head disconnection did the magic. I am wondering if this should be the procedure once there's a plug change?

On another issue, my xmas lights are are back!! P2241 this time.
I am waiting to see if the P0430 will come back. if it doesn't after 300 km, i will look for a new sensor for A/F Sensor B2,S1
Or Lomo wetin you think?

Also got a U0126, when i scanned my ABS. Not throwing any CEL but i am wondering where to start on this one now!?? angry angry sad

Okay I'm really bad about this random codes being thrown up.
U0126 - Loss of Communication With Steering Angle Sensor Module. (Yaw sensor issue)
Did you tamper with your steering or did you do an alignment?

Reset the code and do some driving again before scanning so as to determine the issue.

(Abeg no go express or where people gather plenty or high risk zone when driving with a car having Yaw Sensor issue).

If it comes back which I don't pray for, you'll have to do a Zero point calibration for your yaw rate sensor be reprogrammed. It needs special tools and a tech stream scan tool (toyota/lexus own recommended diagnostic tool).

EDITED: I found an online resource form a site which I get some good knowledge, because I'm in a good mood I'll share it. grin
Here is the resource link.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls430/549694-dlc3-diagram-zero-point-calibration.html

Shoot me an email to send you a TSB when I wake up.

I'm off to bed
Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 9:47am On Mar 08, 2015
lomomike:

Okay I'm really bad about this random codes being thrown up.
U0126 - Loss of Communication With Steering Angle Sensor Module. (Yaw sensor issue)
Did you tamper with your steering or did you do an alignment?

Reset the code and do some driving again before scanning so as to determine the issue.

(Abeg no go express or where people gather plenty or high risk zone when driving with a car having Yaw Sensor issue).

If it comes back which I don't pray for, you'll have to do a Zero point calibration for your yaw rate sensor be reprogrammed. It needs special tools and a tech stream scan tool (toyota/lexus own recommended diagnostic tool).

EDITED: I found an online resource form a site which I get some good knowledge, because I'm in a good mood I'll share it. grin
Here is the resource link.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls430/549694-dlc3-diagram-zero-point-calibration.html

Shoot me an email to send you a TSB when I wake up.

I'm off to bed

Now you scare me bros!

What's Yaw Sensor? I did clear the codes. Will do another scan to see if it is still there later in the evening. Because it is not throwing a CEL.
I hope i don't get into wahala. The last alignment i did was on the 22nd of December. 4 days before then, i did change my rotors and pads. . . all 4 of them. But i didn't see the code afterwards until some days ago.

Wonder what this is now undecided undecided

Abeg shoot me the mail: chinedu.anarado@gmail.com

You still dey Abuja? Maybe we need to hook up if you are still around. Else when you return.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 08, 2015
Emperoh:

Now you scare me bros!

What's Yaw Sensor? I did clear the codes. Will do another scan to see if it is still there later in the evening. Because it is not throwing a CEL.
I hope i don't get into wahala. The last alignment i did was on the 22nd of December. 4 days before then, i did change my rotors and pads. . . all 4 of them. But i didn't see the code afterwards until some days ago.

Wonder what this is now undecided undecided

Abeg shoot me the mail: chinedu.anarado@gmail.com

You still dey Abuja? Maybe we need to hook up if you are still around. Else when you return.

I still dey Abuja, Kubwa Precisely. If you want see me, call the number on my siggy.
Can't wait to see your lexus smiley

When you're coming bring your scanner my friends always love keeping my scanners. The last one I bought was in November, january another friend took it and I am scannerless cry
Re: Club-Lexus by ExpressBooking1: 7:44pm On Mar 08, 2015
please I have codes P0400, P0440 on my Lexus RX300 2001 AWD model and it seems my vehicle has a lower gas mileage. I think the P0400 says Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve or so and P0440 says Evaporative Emission System. please what can my mechanic do to help out
Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 10:23pm On Mar 08, 2015
lomomike:

I still dey Abuja, Kubwa Precisely. If you want see me, call the number on my siggy.
Can't wait to see your lexus smiley

When you're coming bring your scanner my friends always love keeping my scanners. The last one I bought was in November, january another friend took it and I am scannerless cry

I saw this post late. Was at Army scheme this evening to barb! Kai.

Tomorrow evening after work definitely. Will give you a shout.

I hope you have no plans of rendering me scannerless? cry cry

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Carshopper(m): 10:46pm On Mar 08, 2015
Own a IS250 Lex 07 model. Lokin to take it in for servicing. What shld I lok out for? Mileage is 119k (have done lagos - ph-lagos-delta-lagos-ph within a month)

Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 10:49pm On Mar 08, 2015
Carshopper:
Own a IS250 Lex 07 model. Lokin to take it in for servicing. What shld I lok out for? Mileage is 119k (have done lagos - ph-lagos-delta-lagos-ph within a month)

Choi. . . . . . . the car after my own heart!!!
Just that i am convinced i will drive the GS350 next and buy this one for Madam. If economy permits! grin grin

Mike show, we get new bride!
Re: Club-Lexus by Carshopper(m): 10:51pm On Mar 08, 2015
Emperoh:

Just that i am convinced i will drive the GS350 next and buy this one for Madam. If economy permits! grin grin

Hahahahahahahaha

Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 08, 2015
Emperoh:

shocked Naah mehn, why you sef wan copy me? Bros, that GS and IS no be here o! E dey always sweet me for body. Well, beta soup, na money kilam.

Ehen... Mumu GLO network no gree me browse fine fine.
Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 5:08pm On Mar 09, 2015
lomomike:

shocked Naah mehn, why you sef wan copy me? Bros, that GS and IS no be here o! E dey always sweet me for body. Well, beta soup, na money kilam.

Ehen... Mumu GLO network no gree me browse fine fine.

Abeg no be phone dem dey take look this kind motor! Go and get a tablet or a lappie.

I dey see these cars and keep feeling i made a rash decision when i bought the ES330. If i don't do a German car next, na GS350 get me oo
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 09, 2015
Emperoh:

Abeg no be phone dem dey take look this kind motor! Go and get a tablet or a lappie.

I dey see these cars and keep feeling i made a rash decision when i bought the ES330. If i don't do a German car next, na GS350 get me oo

Chief where you dey? Make we block for veterans plaza, Kubwa ASAP. 6pm I have appointment with someone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.