Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,650 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (354042 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by Carshopper(m): 4:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
lomomike:

We gonna do a zero point calibration test. Get ready, Emperoh, et al, come lemme show the honourable house how to perform a zero point calibration test.

Go find a flat ground, it should NOT be inclined at all. When you do, lemme know.

Will dis my parkin grounds b gud enuf?

Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
Carshopper:

Will dis my parkin grounds b gud enuf?

From a building construction expert, it should be because most times interlocks are plumbed during installation to ensure very slight slope.

Back to our topic, keep your tyres+ steering wheel aligned straight, then turn on your ignition to 'ON', but don't start up the engine. Get a metallic office clip, straighten it, then bend it to form a 'U' shape. Locate your OBD ii port, look at it carefully, one side is shorter than the opposite side in length. On the short side, count from left, till you find the 3rd hole, and on the longer side, count from left till you find the 5th hole, insert the 'U' shaped metallic office clip in the hole 3 and 5. You will notice your ABS, VSC, VDIM etc lights will go haywire. Let it be for say 20 seconds. Then turn off the ignition, remove the key and remove the 'U' shaped metal from the OBD ii port. Start up your car and let the engine run. Move around then re scan for DTM codes.

That how to perform a zero point calibration.

See picture for guide.

NOTE: lomomike is not liable for any misbehavior or damage arising from this procedure.

Re: Club-Lexus by kenx1(m): 9:34pm On Mar 21, 2015
lomomike:
there are two variants of RX350. Which year model are you interested in?

2006/2007 model
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 21, 2015
kenx1:

2006/2007 model

There's no Rx350 for 2006. In 2007, RX330 3Mz-FE 230 bhp 3.3L v6 engine was dropped, and lexus adopted the 2GR-FE 267 bhp 3.5L V6 plus some tweaks here and there. The only real major change was the engine. Nothing else. The same body and interior design from 2004-2006 RX330 was carried over to 2007 RX350.
If I were to advice you, I'll say either buy an RX330 or save some more and buy a 2009 RX350 with new body shell.

The reason why Lexus didn't change much things in the RX330 when updating it was because of the awards it bagged, besides it was the selling CUV of that time.
Re: Club-Lexus by Carshopper(m): 10:15pm On Mar 21, 2015
lomomike:

From a building construction expert, it should be because most times interlocks are plumbed during installation to ensure very slight slope.

Back to our topic, keep your tyres+ steering wheel aligned straight, then turn on your ignition to 'ON', but don't start up the engine. Get a metallic office clip, straighten it, then bend it to form a 'U' shape. Locate your OBD ii port, look at it carefully, one side is shorter than the opposite side in length. On the short side, count from left, till you find the 3rd hole, and on the longer side, count from left till you find the 5th hole, insert the 'U' shaped metallic office clip in the hole 3 and 5. You will notice your ABS, VSC, VDIM etc lights will go haywire. Let it be for say 20 seconds. Then turn off the ignition, remove the key and remove the 'U' shaped metal from the OBD ii port. Start up your car and let the engine run. Move around then re scan for DTM codes.

That how to perform a zero point calibration.

See picture for guide.

NOTE: lomomike is not liable for any misbehavior or damage arising from this procedure.

Ohk will get back 2 u

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Bmartt(m): 10:29pm On Mar 21, 2015
I like Lexus cars as well
Re: Club-Lexus by kenx1(m): 11:49pm On Mar 21, 2015
lomomike:

There's no Rx350 for 2006. In 2007, RX330 3Mz-FE 230 bhp 3.3L v6 engine was dropped, and lexus adopted the 2GR-FE 267 bhp 3.5L V6 plus some tweaks here and there. The only real major change was the engine. Nothing else. The same body and interior design from 2004-2006 RX330 was carried over to 2007 RX350.
If I were to advice you, I'll say either buy an RX330 or save some more and buy a 2009 RX350 with new body shell.

The reason why Lexus didn't change much things in the RX330 when updating it was because of the awards it bagged, besides it was the selling CUV of that time.

Thank you very much, can you tell me more about the fuel economy and availability of parts for the RX330
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 6:27am On Mar 22, 2015
kenx1:

Thank you very much, can you tell me more about the fuel economy and availability of parts for the RX330

https://www.nairaland.com/2122611/rx330-urgent-reviews-needed

www.nairaland.com/1833955/lexus-rx330-vs-range-rover
Re: Club-Lexus by 1Emmy: 9:25am On Mar 22, 2015
lomomike:

No offense Sir. I don't agree with you on the new body shell as regard to 2009 model.
Rx 2005_2009 has the same body shell. The version that has little difference is the pebble beach version has chrome weel as a visible difference. Mind you you I stand to be corrected. Also 2007_2009 RX has a super v6 engine 3.5l with 270 horse power which means power to do more. Irrespective of this the same fuel economy is retained. I owe 2007 and I love it.

Re: Club-Lexus by 1Emmy: 10:01am On Mar 22, 2015
The attached image is from Edmund.com http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/rx-350/2009/?sub=suv
Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 10:20am On Mar 22, 2015
Great time learning. Carshopper we dey wait foor results oo
Re: Club-Lexus by Aiykay(m): 12:37pm On Mar 22, 2015
help pls with p0174 and p0420 error code on rx 300 2001 model
Re: Club-Lexus by Carshopper(m): 1:28pm On Mar 22, 2015
Emperoh:
Great time learning. Carshopper we dey wait foor results oo

Preparing stage to carry out test

1. U-shaped metal

2. Align tyres+steering

Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 22, 2015
1Emmy:

No offense Sir. I don't agree with you on the new body shell as regard to 2009 model.
Rx 2005_2009 has the same body shell. The version that has little difference is the pebble beach version has chrome weel as a visible difference. Mind you you I stand to be corrected. Also 2007_2009 RX has a super v6 engine 3.5l with 270 horse power which means power to do more. Irrespective of this the same fuel economy is retained. I owe 2007 and I love it.

Re read thru my previous comment. There's no where I said RX350 2009MY isn't a better option. I said "There's no Rx350 for 2006. In 2007, RX330 3Mz-
FE 230 bhp 3.3L v6 engine was dropped, and
lexus adopted the 2GR-FE 267 bhp 3.5L V6 plus
some tweaks here and there. The only real
major change was the engine. Nothing else. The
same body and interior design from 2004-2006
RX330 was carried over to 2007 RX350.
If I were to advice you, I'll say either buy an
RX330 or save some more and buy a 2009
RX350 with new body shell.
"

RX350 07MY is same thing inside out on body shell with RX330 04-06MY, the only DIFFERENCE is a new engine, little tweaks here and there(chrome wheel which is still an optional install extra) then a humongous price tag.
why would you think an RX330 don't have chrome wheels as options? Is that chrome wheel worth all the thousands of dollars tagged as price or its just for blings? If one need blings, the variant of RX330 called pebble beach edition is there.
To me, that new engine, small tweaks here and there isn't worth the huge price tag. Chikena!

Again, I repeat, if mr Kenx1 wishes to get an RX any series, up to him, if he needs my candid advice, he either settles for an 04-06 RX330 or a proper 09 RX350 with new body shell which to me is worth the price tag.
Re: Club-Lexus by Carshopper(m): 1:56pm On Mar 22, 2015
Undergoing test... Got the AFS flashing n others on

Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 22, 2015
Carshopper:
Undergoing test... Got the AFS flashing n others on

**crosses fingers, hands, toes and legs**
Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 4:32pm On Mar 22, 2015
lomomike:

**crosses fingers, hands, toes and legs**

Crossed tongues and teeth too..........
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 22, 2015
Emperoh:

Crossed tongues and teeth too..........

C'mon bro, don't get scared and don't scare carshopper, that procedure if gotten correctly won't cause any harm, if it didn't work, it won't cause any negativity. Its just an advanced way to reset the steering sensor to factory default values. Lexus recommends using a techstream and all the likes which is expensive, however, lexus workshop guys and fans found a way to reste it without techstream suite.
Re: Club-Lexus by Carshopper(m): 4:54pm On Mar 22, 2015
lomomike:

C'mon bro, don't get scared and don't scare carshopper, that procedure if gotten correctly won't cause any harm, if it didn't work, it won't cause any negativity. Its just an advanced way to reset the steering sensor to factory default values. Lexus recommends using a techstream and all the likes which is expensive, however, lexus workshop guys and fans found a way to reste it without techstream suite.

Lol... Neva scared to run test on my vehicles as long as I see guidelines.

Done d test over n over...the error still dey- maybe I dey get sumtin wrong
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 22, 2015
Carshopper:

Lol... Neva scared to run test on my vehicles as long as I see guidelines.

Done d test over n over...the error still dey- maybe I dey get sumtin wrong

Like I asked previously, what did you do to that car?

Check the fuses, for continuity or breakages.
Re: Club-Lexus by Carshopper(m): 5:29pm On Mar 22, 2015
lomomike:

Like I asked previously, what did you do to that car?

Check the fuses, for continuity or breakages.

I neva touch anytin on d ride...jus planning on doing d servicing ..neva got any errors except for low tire pressure
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 22, 2015
Carshopper:

I neva touch anytin on d ride...jus planning on doing d servicing ..neva got any errors except for low tire pressure

Have you sorted the low tyre pressure issue?
Re: Club-Lexus by DelTel(m): 8:02pm On Mar 22, 2015
lomomike:

Check the pressure of each tyre and ensure they match the manufacturers cold tyre pressure indicated on the sticker by the drivers door B pillar. If they match, park your car, Press and hold the button for some seconds till the tyre pressure indicator blinks 3 times, and then drive above 30Km/hr for some kilometers. If the tyre pressure indicator still shows, check the sonar in the tyre.

Sir, sorry to drag you back. grin Pls, am thinking this procedure should work for Toyota cars too?
Btw, does 'park your car' means switch off the ignition and remove the key; or what Sir?

Thank you for your response.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 22, 2015
DelTel:

Sir, sorry to drag you back. grin Pls, am thinking this procedure should work for Toyota cars too?
Btw, does 'park your car' means switch off the ignition and remove the key; or what Sir?

Thank you for your response.
For Lexus, yes, for toyota, I can't tell, however, a trial won't hurt.
Re: Club-Lexus by bravolad(m): 7:02am On Mar 23, 2015
@lomomike is the road tyre noise normal for the RX330? Each time I drive it, I hear this noise as though the bearings are coming off.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 23, 2015
bravolad:
@lomomike is the road tyre noise normal for the RX330? Each time I drive it, I hear this noise as though the bearings are coming off.

Mine is more more than the 'squish' noise which is made when I'm driving on rough tarred roads. Other than that, no "faulty bearing like' related noise.

What's your tyre pressure on each tyre+ spare?
Lexus recommends 30psi cold air pressure all round also type of tyre you're using matters, i use Michelin Energy MXV4 S8 all season tyres.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by bravolad(m): 10:03am On Mar 23, 2015
lomomike:

Mine is more more than the 'squish' noise which is made when I'm driving on rough tarred roads. Other than that, no "faulty bearing like' related noise.

What's your tyre pressure on each tyre+ spare?
Lexus recommends 30psi cold air pressure all round also type of tyre you're using matters, i use Michelin Energy MXV4 S8 all season tyres.

Perhaps, I need to check the Tyre pressure later in the evening. That could also be the culprit. Meanwhile, the noise is more on a rough tarred road.

I use Michelin Radial X (PN2X).
Re: Club-Lexus by Ussyberry(m): 7:29pm On Mar 23, 2015
Please do u guys know how much a used transmission (gear box) for a 2005 Lexus es 330 would be?

Car is in abuja.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 23, 2015
Ussyberry:
Please do u guys know how much a used transmission (gear box) for a 2005 Lexus es 330 would be?

Car is in abuja.

Find this gearbox 'U250E transmission' but budget between 150-300K I'm giving you a price range. I don't sell gearbox
Re: Club-Lexus by Carshopper(m): 10:26pm On Mar 24, 2015
Back again.. Sorted out d last issue on my is250.. All OK..

Now I dey find 5w30 to buy in ph or who fit send dwn to me
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 24, 2015
Carshopper:
Back again.. Sorted out d last issue on my is250.. All OK..

Now I dey find 5w30 to buy in ph or who fit send dwn to me

Wow, congrats bro, how did you do it pls we are eager to learn.
Meanwhile, about the 5w30, I can send it to you lemme ask from my dealers if they have in stock.... How many gallons do you need and what brand?
Re: Club-Lexus by mdenigma(m): 8:15am On Mar 25, 2015
Mr mike. You got mail o. Kindly go through and consider my request. I'll be expecting. I also dropped my phone number.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.