Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,572 members, 7,816,406 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (354013 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 02, 2015
colossus2:

Lol....engine needs to be replaced embarassed
200k was the quote for RX300 4x4 v6 engine.

Kilode! Nooo na, why dem wan wound you upon this kind unfortunate incident na?

Very sound 1MZ-FE with VVT-i is 155k highest in Zuba (meaning you allowed the sellers to scam you 3K) with 3-7 days warranty.

Okay, ask the guys if you can buy half engine. But talk to your mechanic. If you were close to or within Lagos, sharply na Ladipo things and tey will fix it with their mechanic and give you warranty.

Sorry about this sad incident bro.
Re: Club-Lexus by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:42am On Apr 03, 2015
lomomike:

Kilode! Nooo na, why dem wan wound you upon this kind unfortunate incident na?

Very sound 1MZ-FE with VVT-i is 155k highest in Zuba (meaning you allowed the sellers to scam you 3K) with 3-7 days warranty.

Okay, ask the guys if you can buy half engine. But talk to your mechanic. If you were close to or within Lagos, sharply na Ladipo things and tey will fix it with their mechanic and give you warranty.

Sorry about this sad incident bro.

Let him avoid opening the engine, instead get head an block (borale in ladipo terms) they strip engine of all accessories.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 6:23am On Apr 03, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Let him avoid opening the engine, instead get head an block (borale in ladipo terms) they strip engine of all accessories.

My oga good morning sir, thanks for making an input. Meanwhile, Colossus, hope you've taken note of this suggestion.

Yesterday, because of your case I had to call someone (another mechanic) he said full engine in Zuba minus gearbox is 120-130k for 1MZ-FE.
Re: Club-Lexus by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:21am On Apr 03, 2015
There are a lot of variants of 1MZ-FE, the 1M7fe in a sienna 1998 will bolt up to one in a 2000, but the sensors differ, 1 comes with vvti while the other dOes not. The 1mz-fe in a camry 1998 is really cheap, about 85k, but will not bolt up in a siena 1998, cause of an engine mount difference near the timing belt tensioner. So when buying a 1mz-fe be specific with the dealer what vehicle you want to put it into.( I learnt the hard way)

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by Emperoh(m): 11:15am On Apr 03, 2015
If he's in Lagos and needs a Lagos contact, please buzz me
Re: Club-Lexus by Mikewillmadeit: 4:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
Hey Mike
The charger head of my battery was Removed during the servicing of my vehicle (rx 350 2008) and after it was put back on, I saw this msg on the lcd display "A program cannot be read. Please consult a dealer" please how do I fix this? Thanks
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
Mikewillmadeit:
Hey Mike
The charger head of my battery was Removed during the servicing of my vehicle (rx 350 2008) and after it was put back on, I saw this msg on the lcd display "A program cannot be read. Please consult a dealer" please how do I fix this? Thanks

You need a Disc that contains the SW for the navigation unit. Remove the fuse for the audio (for 15-20 sec) and put the correct disc in the navi dvd player (in the trunk).

Quoted from: lexusownersclub.co.uk
Re: Club-Lexus by Mikewillmadeit: 1:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
lomomike:

You need a Disc that contains the SW for the navigation unit. Remove the fuse for the audio (for 15-20 sec) and put the correct disc in the navi dvd player (in the trunk).

Quoted from: lexusownersclub.co.uk
Many thanks boss.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 04, 2015
Viewing this topic: Carshopper(m).

Gotcha! cool
Re: Club-Lexus by Carshopper(m): 1:42pm On Apr 04, 2015
lomomike:
Viewing this topic: Carshopper(m).

Gotcha! cool

Hahahahha
Re: Club-Lexus by kakameks: 6:23am On Apr 06, 2015
Took my RX330 for a trip to my villa and back, gosh I fell in love with the ride all over again. The nice ride quality, the steady acceleration even during hill climb!!

Though I had to prepare the car sha, by cleaning the throttle body with care cleaner. There was a lot of oil and dirt deposit on the metal cage like filter and I sprayed a lot into the inlet manifold as well.

I then coupled back the assembly, not b4 dusting the filter, the car will be hard to start at first due to the dissolved oil and dirt deposit being evacuated via the exhaust valves. After the car starts raise the engine to help clear the throttle body some more.

Next I removed the vacuum hose at the back of the inlet manifold and sprayed the car cleaner into the manifold while the engine is idling, after a generous spray connect back the vacuum hose and let the engine run for while to completely clear the system.

Your idle ram will be higher than normal after this cos more air now enters the engine so you will need to reset the idle position by removing the battery head. The windows need to be reset ad well.

Sorry I did not take pics, oh least I forget I will show how I installed a gta car kit for my lexus wit pics, so I can listen to my favorite playlist on my phone via my car stereo.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 06, 2015
kakameks:
Took my RX330 for a trip to my villa and back, gosh I fell in love with the ride all over again. The nice ride quality, the steady acceleration even during hill climb!!

Though I had to prepare the car sha, by cleaning the throttle body with care cleaner. There was a lot of oil and dirt deposit on the metal cage like filter and I sprayed a lot into the inlet manifold as well.

I then coupled back the assembly, not b4 dusting the filter, the car will be hard to start at first due to the dissolved oil and dirt deposit being evacuated via the exhaust valves. After the car starts raise the engine to help clear the throttle body some more.

Next I removed the vacuum hose at the back of the inlet manifold and sprayed the car cleaner into the manifold while the engine is idling, after a generous spray connect back the vacuum hose and let the engine run for while to completely clear the system.

Your idle ram will be higher than normal after this cos more air now enters the engine so you will need to reset the idle position by removing the battery head. The windows need to be reset ad well.

Sorry I did not take pics, oh least I forget I will show how I installed a gta car kit for my lexus wit pics, so I can listen to my favorite playlist on my phone via my car stereo.

Nice work on your lex' bro.... I bet that lex is smiling every moment you're around. wink
Re: Club-Lexus by ExpressBooking1: 2:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
Dear Lexus family, I currently drive a 2001 Lexus RX 300 but I have an offer to buy a 2006 Lexus RX 400H but here are my fears. it has a CVT transmission and engine is 3.3 gas/electric hybrid.

please is this car going to be troublesome?
Re: Club-Lexus by colossus2: 5:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
ExpressBooking1:
Dear Lexus family, I currently drive a 2001 Lexus RX 300 but I have an offer to buy a 2006 Lexus RX 400H but here are my fears. it has a CVT transmission and engine is 3.3 gas/electric hybrid.

Troublesome....depends on your pocket tho'
Re: Club-Lexus by kakameks: 6:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
ExpressBooking1:

Well it depends on a lot of facts. I have a friend who pre ordered a 60k miles 2007 Camry hybrid in 2010 and he uses it till date no major issue. (Just brake pad and oil change) his only complain is that the car is "lazy". He once got stuck in a sand trap and even with four guys helping to lift the car it struggled to free it self from sand!!! The car is not for aggressive/hard driving.

Though the RX 400H has 2 electrimotors instead of 1 and a bigger engine and differential probably, it still boils down to the initial condition of the car. The major things to worry about are the battery (warranty of 100k miles) and the CVT (belt slipping or wearing out/breaking)

So basically if the car is in good order and under a 100k miles you can consider it. But do an extensive research, ie go to clublexus and go thru the comments for people owning a lexus hybrid to feel their reaction.
Re: Club-Lexus by maballack(m): 8:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
Please guys anyone know the price of brand new rear struts/shocks for an IS250 AWD.
Re: Club-Lexus by ExpressBooking1: 11:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
kakameks:

Well it depends on a lot of facts. I have a friend who pre ordered a 60k miles 2007 Camry hybrid in 2010 and he uses it till date no major issue. (Just brake pad and oil change) his only complain is that the car is "lazy". He once got stuck in a sand trap and even with four guys helping to lift the car it struggled to free it self from sand!!! The car is not for aggressive/hard driving.

Though the RX 400H has 2 electrimotors instead of 1 and a bigger engine and differential probably, it still boils down to the initial condition of the car. The major things to worry about are the battery (warranty of 100k miles) and the CVT (belt slipping or wearing out/breaking)

So basically if the car is in good order and under a 100k miles you can consider it. But do an extensive research, ie go to clublexus and go thru the comments for people owning a lexus hybrid to feel their reaction.

Thanks so much. I think I should rather stick to RX330 or RX350
Re: Club-Lexus by maballack(m): 11:22am On Apr 08, 2015
maballack:
Please guys anyone know the price of brand new rear struts/shocks for an IS250 AWD.

Any one
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
maballack:

Any one

I'll advice you check eBay.com or amazon.com
Re: Club-Lexus by glowithdan(m): 10:09am On Apr 11, 2015
oneal10:
PLEASE ANY BODY IN THE HOUSE THAT HAVE RX 300 NEATLY USED FOR SALE AT A GOOD PRICE,WORKING WELL AND IN GOOD SHAPE.

PLEASE QUICKLY INBOX ON oneal42015@gmail.com FOR INSPECTION.

PLEASE I ONLY NEED SERIOUS CAR OWNERS THAT WANTS TO SELL .

Don't know how much is "reasonable " for you, but mine is going for 1.6M. 7 months registered!! No single fault. I can pay for the scanning (inspection)
Re: Club-Lexus by arixreal: 2:18pm On Apr 11, 2015
Can someone help with my question concerning my Lexus RX 300 ,if I put the gear of my car to drive the green ligth (D)will not display on the dashboard but the rest of the ligth is working fine hope the gear is okay because am new to lexus
Re: Club-Lexus by ExpressBooking1: 2:26pm On Apr 11, 2015
arixreal:
Can someone help with my question concerning my Lexus RX 300 ,if I put the gear of my car to drive the green ligth (D)will not display on the dashboard but the rest of the ligth is working fine hope the gear is okay because am new to lexus

it is same on my RX300. its been like that since I bought it last year. every other lights P,R,N,2 and L shows.

https://www.nairaland.com/2249162/9-months-used-2002-lexus
Re: Club-Lexus by colossus2: 2:51pm On Apr 11, 2015
arixreal:

Fix the bulb in the dashboard. The (D) bulb is burnt. You could swap the bulb with the (L) bulb or any other one.
Re: Club-Lexus by arixreal: 9:41pm On Apr 11, 2015
Colossus2 and expressbooking1 thanks a million I appreciate both of you . Please where do you guy buy original spare part of the car at cheaper rate and also a good mechanic that can handle the car very well because I just bought mine own last week
Secondly is there any security that can I do on the car apart from the one that comes with as in key programming security because is the SUVs of the moment that they are using now
Is be so of those thiefs you know what happen to Camry 1998-2002 model now that is y am scared
Re: Club-Lexus by ExpressBooking1: 11:16pm On Apr 11, 2015
arixreal:
Colossus2 and expressbooking1 thanks a million I appreciate both of you . Please where do you guy buy original spare part of the car at cheaper rate and also a good mechanic that can handle the car very well because I just bought mine own last week
Secondly is there any security that can I do on the car apart from the one that comes with as in key programming security because is the SUVs of the moment that they are using now
Is be so of those thiefs you know what happen to Camry 1998-2002 model now that is y am scared

Maybe vehicle tracking will be good. but be rest assured it can't be kidnapped like the Camry. Original parts and mechanic will depend on where you are based.
Re: Club-Lexus by arixreal: 8:36am On Apr 12, 2015
ExpressBooking1:

Maybe vehicle tracking will be good. but be rest assured it can't be kidnapped like the Camry. Original parts and mechanic will depend on where you are based.

I stay on island , lagos island my house is near obalende
Re: Club-Lexus by kakameks: 4:38pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hi guys,
This is a short description on how i install a GTA Car Kit in my lexus RX330, bear with me cause some of the pix are a bit blurred.

Place your finger tips under the wood grain panel on the gear selector and applying a light steady pressure prop the panel up and remove it.

Next place your finger behind the seat heater panel prop it out of the seating, remember to be gently in applying the pressure.

To remove this panel you need to move the gear switch selector to the L-position, this will also be required in removing the stereo unit too.

Next with your socket wrench and extension, remove the two bolts that are indicated.

Re: Club-Lexus by kakameks: 4:51pm On Apr 13, 2015
Please be careful when removing the bolts, that you don't drop them into the void. Best you use a magnetic socket.

Place a piece of cloth over your gear selector unit to protect it from scratches cos you will have to rest the stereo unit on it.

Now gently ease back the stereo unit and place it on the cloth covered gear selector unit.

Gently pull the stereo unit as far as it will allow to get access to the back of the unit and remove all the connections.

Re: Club-Lexus by kakameks: 5:06pm On Apr 13, 2015
Let me digress a bit here, i also had some CD's stuck in my player and needed to get them out. So these next shots are how i removed them.

Using the correct screw driver, remove all the bolts on all sides of the player.

Gently lift while pulling back on the metal casing to remove the cover, this will give you access to the CDs inside the player.

Now using your finger, gently lift the tip the CD towards the front and slid it out of the player.

Repeat the above steps if you have multiple disks inside the player

Re-couple the stereo unit when your done

Re: Club-Lexus by kakameks: 5:08pm On Apr 13, 2015
The removed CD

Now back to the main item, this is the GTA Car Kit.

Re: Club-Lexus by kakameks: 5:33pm On Apr 13, 2015
Now to connect the GTA Kit to the stereo unit.

The required socket is the last socket or rather the smallest of the there sockets.
Now normally this socket is occupied cos it is linked to the AC unit, the GTA Car Kit comes with a splitter cable that will enable you connect the kit and the AC socket to the stereo unit.

After you have connected all the wires, test the kit by connecting your phone via the aux. to the ear piece port and select DISC on the stereo this will put the stereo into the GTA kIT MODE and you can now play your music and receive calls via your stereo speakers.

If it does not work turn-off the car and turn on the ignition again. Remember to reconnect the cables properly and check to be sure your AC is working before re-coupling the units back together.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.