Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,140 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (353983 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by Mikewillmadeit: 9:55am On Mar 28, 2015
lomomike:

Feel free to buy, its a good SUV however, don't purchase an abused car, one with poor maintenance history, any flooded vehicle, or any vehicle involved in a severe crash.

I don't stay in Lagos, I don't take my lexus to rt Briscoe, I am the Rt Briscoe of my vehicle.
Many tx.
Re: Club-Lexus by mikkyphp(m): 9:26pm On Mar 28, 2015
AderonkeL:
Everyone, I'm new here. I just bought Lexus Rx 300, 2000 model. Please help me out. I don't know if I'm getting this right.. At times when I accelerate, on motion I noticed it kind of slow down before it suddenly pick up speed.

Secondly, Where do I get 6 CD loader(cartridge) and how much?

Please Help. Thank you in advance

had this issue with my fresh toks RX300. The dealer washed the engine before delivering it to me. when i drive, the issues surfaces when the gear changes from gear 1 to 2. it loses power and does not accelerate, no matter how much pressure you put on the throttle pedal, then a sudden jerk and power as if the kickdown was activated.

i kept getting multiple cylindder misfire, p0300.p0302,p0304,p0306. plus p0500 and 2 codes for fuel trim too lean and fuel trim too rich.

car emits black smoke from the exhaust, and fumes caused discomfort to the eyes.

my mech fixed it on teusday: replaced all injector nozzles, MAF sensor, all coils, all spark plugs, fixed a leak in the exhaust system, idle control system. been driving it since wednesday march25th. still testing
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 28, 2015
mikkyphp:

had this issue with my fresh toks RX300. The dealer washed the engine before delivering it to me. when i drive, the issues surfaces when the gear changes from gear 1 to 2. it loses power and does not accelerate, no matter how much pressure you put on the throttle pedal, then a sudden jerk and power as if the kickdown was activated.

i kept getting multiple cylindder misfire, p0300.p0302,p0304,p0306. plus p0500 and 2 codes for fuel trim too lean and fuel trim too rich.

car emits black smoke from the exhaust, and fumes caused discomfort to the eyes.

my mech fixed it on teusday: replaced all injector nozzles, MAF sensor, all coils, all spark plugs, fixed a leak in the exhaust system, idle control system. been driving it since wednesday march25th. still testing

Err bro, in club lexus, we aren't 'kazeem happy' besides, this thread isn't a thread created to encourage folks to give their lexuses to kazeemz to remove and replace parts en mass as he pleases. If you've been 'kazeemized' please don't lead another lexus person down same road.

Long story short, what so ever your mecho do to your car, its your car, your business, don't lead another person down same road please.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 28, 2015
AderonkeL:

I sure will. Thank you
Hello Ms AderonkeL, have you scanned your car? Any update yet?

Pls DON'T allow kazeem to tamper with your car and replace parts at will. If you love your lexus, stick to my advice for lexus combines durability of toyota with sensitivity of German cars. This means it is durable but will NOT accept abuse like a toyota because its very delicate and more sophisticated than a toyota of 3 years ahead.
Re: Club-Lexus by mikkyphp(m): 10:33pm On Mar 28, 2015
lomomike:

Err bro, in club lexus, we aren't 'kazeem happy' besides, this thread isn't a thread created to encourage folks to give their lexuses to kazeemz to remove and replace parts en mass as he pleases. If you've been 'kazeemized' please don't lead another lexus person down same road.

Long story short, what so ever your mecho do to your car, its your car, your business, don't lead another person down same road please.

Thanks.
this isnt about kazeem. the story was long, and i just cut it short. I have my personal launch c-reader scanning tool. my mech actually undid all my dealer's "kazeem" did to it previously that didnt help, because i initially returned the car back to him.
my mecho fixed the hesitation issue by replacing the injector nozzles. the coils were responsible for the persistent multiple cylinder misfire, and the MAF sensor was responsible for the car running rich and bad emissions. i ordered those parts to be replaced by the dealer at his cost.
i don't claim to "know it", i am only sharing my experience; except if that isn't what this thread entails.
Re: Club-Lexus by TUDEXautoCARE(m): 12:13am On Mar 29, 2015
Currently use a GX470 and hoping to acquire GX570 soon
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 6:19am On Mar 29, 2015
TUDEXautoCARE:
Currently use a GX470 and hoping to acquire GX570 soon

Errm bros, that's a good move, but GX470 was replaced with an even better model with smaller volumetric displacement engine 4.6l V8 with 301 bhp and 329ib-ft which is even more fuel efficient than the out going 4.7L V8. This they called the GX460.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 6:24am On Mar 29, 2015
mikkyphp:

this isnt about kazeem. the story was long, and i just cut it short. I have my personal launch c-reader scanning tool. my mech actually undid all my dealer's "kazeem" did to it previously that didnt help, because i initially returned the car back to him.
my mecho fixed the hesitation issue by replacing the injector nozzles. the coils were responsible for the persistent multiple cylinder misfire, and the MAF sensor was responsible for the car running rich and bad emissions. i ordered those parts to be replaced by the dealer at his cost.
i don't claim to "know it", i am only sharing my experience; except if that isn't what this thread entails.

In that case I'm sorry, I thought you were changing parts randomly at the request of kazeem.

Hope we are still friends? smiley

3 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by Jagermeister(m): 11:45am On Mar 29, 2015
Howdy Lomomike. I have issues with vibrations.. its not so violent but it's persistent. It started after a terrible misfire on my way back from the mall yesterday. It practically struggled to start this morning. I've considered many possible causes but I decided to sought your opinion. Perhaps you should send me your number and I'll call.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 29, 2015
Jagermeister:
Howdy Lomomike. I have issues with vibrations.. its not so violent but it's persistent. It started after a terrible misfire on my way back from the mall yesterday. It practically struggled to start this morning. I've considered many possible causes but I decided to sought your opinion. Perhaps you should send me your number and I'll call.

If you had a misfire, I'd advice you to scan for codes. However, you should check the engine and transmission mounts for consistency.
Re: Club-Lexus by AderonkeL(f): 2:10pm On Mar 29, 2015
lomomike:

Hello Ms AderonkeL, have you scanned your car? Any update yet?

Pls DON'T allow kazeem to tamper with your car and replace parts at will. If you love your lexus, stick to my advice for lexus combines durability of toyota with sensitivity of German cars. This means it is durable but will NOT accept abuse like a toyota because its very delicate and more sophisticated than a toyota of 3 years ahead.

No I've not. I will run the scan on monday and I will post the codes here. Thank you for asking.
God bless you.
Re: Club-Lexus by Jagermeister(m): 11:20am On Mar 30, 2015
lomomike:

If you had a misfire, I'd advice you to scan for codes. However, you should check the engine and transmission mounts for consistency.

I'll scan over the weekend. I'll check the mounts too.. I suspect an exhaustive leak. I replaced the original fuel pump with a V8's on Saturday. So I'm looking at these possible causes. Thanks boss.
Re: Club-Lexus by Top9jajamz: 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2015
Golf Mike gentlemen,
I'm back again for your advices and I believe you will respond with same gesture as before.
Yesterday, I drove through a pool of water and immediately afterwards I heard a noise in my engine bay when I turned my Ac on.
When I stopped to observe the abnormally,I discovered that five(5) out of the seven(7) AC fan blades had broken off.
I have it to "Kazeem" to replace the blades since he was the only one working on that sunday.
kazeem in the process of removing the radiator and Ac fan removed the AC condenser and in the process let out all the Ac gas.

Now here are my questions.

1) is the anything like original Ac gas or any R-134a refil gas will do.

2)I was doing my research about refilling and came across the need for PAG46 oil.Will i need to put oil as well as R-134a refil gas.

3)Both Fans do not come on immediately the ignition is turned On until the Car temperature rises to a considerable level unlike before when the Engine fan comes on immediately the car is operational then the other fan comes up after sometime or when the Ac is switched on.

Please what is correct operation mode of both fans

A)One comes up immediately then the other after the car temp rises.

or

B)both come up when the Car temp rises and both go off after the thermostats cuts off?

thank you as you reply
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 30, 2015
Top9jajamz:
Golf Mike gentlemen,
I'm back again for your advices and I believe you will respond with same gesture as before.
Yesterday, I drove through a pool of water and immediately afterwards I heard a noise in my engine bay when I turned my Ac on.
When I stopped to observe the abnormally,I discovered that five(5) out of the seven(7) AC fan blades had broken off.
I have it to "Kazeem" to replace the blades since he was the only one working on that sunday.
kazeem in the process of removing the radiator and Ac fan removed the AC condenser and in the process let out all the Ac gas.

2)I was doing my research about refilling and came across the need for PAG46 oil.Will i need to put oil as well as R-134a refil gas.

3)Both Fans do not come on immediately the ignition is turned On until the Car temperature rises to a considerable level unlike before when the Engine fan comes on immediately the car is operational then the other fan comes up after sometime or when the Ac is switched on.

or

B)both come up when the Car temp rises and both go off after the thermostats cuts off?

thank you as you reply
Sorry about the incident bro, what model do you drive?
Let's start from there.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 30, 2015
Jagermeister:

I'll scan over the weekend. I'll check the mounts too.. I suspect an exhaustive leak. I replaced the original fuel pump with a V8's on Saturday. So I'm looking at these possible causes. Thanks boss.
Bro, pls replace with factory OEM spec pump. Every pump has a max operating pressure.
Re: Club-Lexus by Top9jajamz: 3:02pm On Mar 30, 2015
lomomike:

Sorry about the incident bro, what model do you drive?
Let's start from there.

2001 Lexus rx300 sir.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 30, 2015
Top9jajamz:
Golf Mike gentleman...
you must have been a golfer or do you want me to join golfing? I'll gladly do cheesy

R134a is R134a anywhere except its aldultrated or not a quality product (trust china and our desperate naija con men na).
PAG46 is a lube for compressor only, you'll need a small amount. However, read thru this https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110702170839AACkIHw

Toyota/lexus configured the fan to stay off till the engine attains max warm temperature, if its surpassing that temp, the system turns on the fan for some seconds then off. In my Highlander, on cold days, only the Left side (when your inside the car)fan turns, but on hot days, both fans spin at high velocity. Same applies to my RX330. However, when I engage AC, both fans spins at high velocity.

or

thank you as you reply

See the last response I gave above about my own cooling fan fan system.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Top9jajamz: 5:41pm On Mar 30, 2015
lomomike:

R134a is R134a anywhere except its aldultrated or not a quality product (trust china and our desperate naija con men na).

PAG46 is a lube for compressor only, you'll need a small amount. However, read thru this https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110702170839AACkIHw

Toyota/lexus configured the fan to stay off till the engine attains max warm temperature, if its surpassing that temp, the system turns on the fan for some seconds then off. In my Highlander, on cold days, only the Left side (when your inside the car)fan turns, but on hot days, both fans spin at high velocity. Same applies to my RX330. However, when I engage AC, both fans spins at high velocity.

See the last response I gave above about my own cooling fan fan system.

Thanks for your prompt response.
I took the Lexus rx300 for a refill and the AC guy brought on SOLKANE refill gas as well as one BILFAM ND 8 oil in a Lacasera kind of looking bottle for the compressor.

I wasn't comfortable with either brands so I suspended the process to get further advice.Now my questions follow

1) is there any known R134a refill Brand for AC systems(instead of SOLKANE) as well as a known brand for PAG46 compressor oil instead of BILFAM ND8?

2) Can i go ahead with refilling without the compressor oil?

3) if Yes,what quantity is good enough
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 30, 2015
Top9jajamz:

Thanks for your prompt response.
I took the Lexus rx300 for a refill and the AC guy brought on SOLKANE refill gas as well as one BILFAM ND 8 oil in a Lacasera kind of looking bottle for the compressor.

I wasn't comfortable with either brands so I suspended the process to get further advice.Now my questions follow

1) is there any known R134a refill Brand for AC systems(instead of SOLKANE) as well as a known brand for PAG46 compressor oil instead of BILFAM ND8?

2) Can i go ahead with refilling without the compressor oil?

3) if Yes,what quantity is good enough

As with most items I purchase and advice I give, I don't go for brand name. I I insist on quality.
As for the PAG 46, I can't tell if you still have lube in the compressor, however, consult with a competent technician.
Cheers!
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 01, 2015
Marpol:
@lomomike, it looks like the Lexus GX470 and Toyota Landcruiser Prado GX share similar parts? Even the build looks similar. Kindly confirm please.
GX470 is nothing but a Prado with a V8 engine, more blings and an oval L badge.
They share similar parts save for engine and I think transmission.

modified:

I've dug up a your tranny and vehicles with similar tranny as yours.
A750F
5 Speed Automatic Transmission(4x4)

Applications:

2003+ 4Runner (4x4)
2005+ Tacoma (V6 4x4)
2005+ Tundra (4X4)
2009 FJ Cruiser (Canada V6 4x4)
2003-2007 Land Cruiser 100-series (4x4)
2003-2009 GX 470 (4x4)
2003-2007 LX 470 (4x4)
2005- Land Cruiser Prado 3.0 D4D (4x4) European version
2005 - Fortuner 4.0L
2005+ Hilux 4x4 (European Version Only)

I've also dug up vehicles with similar engine as yours.
2003–2004 Lexus GX 470
1998–2005 Lexus LX 470
1998–2005 Toyota Land Cruiser
2003–2004 Toyota 4Runner
2000–2004 Toyota Tundra
2001–2004 Toyota Sequoia
Toyota Racing Development offered a bolt-on supercharger kit for the 2000–2003 Tundra and the 2003 GX 470.

Another 2UZ-FE variation adds VVT-i and electronic throttle control.

Applications:

2005–2009 Lexus GX 470
2006–2007 Lexus LX 470
2005–2009 Toyota 4Runner
2006–2011 Toyota Land Cruiser
2005–2009 Toyota Tundra
2005–2009 Toyota Sequoia
Re: Club-Lexus by maballack(m): 3:50pm On Apr 01, 2015
@Lomomike

Please is there a pattern to go about changing battery , i just changed mine and now the driver door window control unit can not operate the other windows only that of the driver , but from each individual door the window works .....and i noticed a blinking light on all three other door window switch
Re: Club-Lexus by Carshopper(m): 4:03pm On Apr 01, 2015
maballack:
@Lomomike

Please is there a pattern to go about changing battery , i just changed mine and now the driver door window control unit can not operate the other windows only that of the driver , but from each individual door the window works .....and i noticed a blinking light on all three other door window switch

After sum days it will go back to normal...happens to my is250... Really don't knw y
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 01, 2015
maballack:
@Lomomike

Lexus window is an 'ALL AUTO' system, where one touch drives the window down or up. If you disconnect the battery terminal, the system loses the program. You have to reprogram all the windows and moonroof. To program the moon roof and ALL AUTO window, fully press the button on each door half way down and immediately pull up fully. Do this till it is programmed for all windows and power moonroof.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Club-Lexus by maballack(m): 7:23pm On Apr 01, 2015
Thanks , was able to get it done but one door seems to nt work...

I can only raise it up from the drivers control unit but cannot take it down

but from the door switch it works to go up and down
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
maballack:
Thanks , was able to get it done but one door seems to nt work...

I can only raise it up from the drivers control unit but cannot take it down

but from the door switch it works to go up and down

You have to reprogram it at each door.

Eg, to reprogram front passenger's window, turn ignition system to 'ON' or 'START', then on the front passenger door side, press the window button fully down and let the window slide down, half way down, immediately pull the window button up fully till the window slide up.

NOTE: during time of switching from rolling window down to sliding up, don't release the button, don't give room for any delay.

Do it for all other doors and one touch AUTO power moonroof too.

Hope this is clearer now (sic) smiley

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by igiepj: 8:48pm On Apr 01, 2015
Trac:

A head-start for you: inertia!

You have less torque per unit wheel against inertia. Mass is quad-divided.

U really need to check ur physics again 4wheel drive engaged consumes more gas dan 2wheel drive because the engine and transmission is moving 4tires at once which means more friction and force exerted at the wheels.
Re: Club-Lexus by colossus2: 8:11am On Apr 02, 2015
Lomomike

Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 02, 2015
colossus2:
Lomomike
STFT within acceptable range. However, I can't find any LTFT.
BTW, what really happened to the vehicle, has it been 'kazeemized'?
Re: Club-Lexus by colossus2: 4:17pm On Apr 02, 2015
lomomike:

STFT within acceptable range. However, I can't find any LTFT.
BTW, what really happened to the vehicle, has it been 'kazeemized'?
Lol....engine needs to be replaced embarassed
200k was the quote for RX300 4x4 v6 engine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.