Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,003 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (353417 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by computerboy: 8:24pm On Oct 04, 2019
kingreign:

6litres pls.

except the RWD requires less than the AWD cos mine drink 7 litres to reach the guage
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 8:45pm On Oct 04, 2019
computerboy:

except the RWD requires less than the AWD cos mine drink 7 litres to reach the guage

You risk damaging your cats and engine components. Check your owners manual. 6.5+/-0.01
Re: Club-Lexus by boycasio(m): 2:08am On Oct 05, 2019
computerboy:

I will do 6.6 then see if it doesn’t get to the gauge, so I can top it up and let you guys know
Re: Club-Lexus by fohia(m): 4:23pm On Oct 29, 2019
Hello house,

I just got a used es330 car with mileage of 212k. I intend to do oil change, the previous owner said he uses Mobil 1 but where i base there are no mobil filling stations and my mechanic advise I should use TOTAL QUARTZ 7000 15W50. Please will it be a good choice i if switch to total as advised.
Re: Club-Lexus by Eddee(m): 5:21pm On Oct 29, 2019
fohia:
Hello house,

I just got a used es330 car with mileage of 212k. I intend to do oil change, the previous owner said he uses Mobil 1 but where i base there are no mobil filling stations and my mechanic advise I should use TOTAL QUARTZ 7000 15W50 . Please will it be a good choice i if switch to total as advised.

Please stick with the recommended Mobil 1 5w-30 - contact Radautoworks or Gazzuzz or even Dru - all of them will ship to the moon and back.

If you must use Total Quartz based on availability - then it has to be Quartz 9000 5w-40. And you must drain and refill with the correct oil weight subsequently
Re: Club-Lexus by awele186: 6:52pm On Nov 05, 2019
Please i urgently need reviews between a lexus es350 2010 and a Honda accord 2014 in terms of reliability and prestige
Re: Club-Lexus by Ekpesi: 7:31am On Nov 06, 2019
Goodmorning guys,pls i need help with my 2002 RX300.it's bringing out black smoke. A scan was run on it and it showed P1130 (air fuel ratio sensor and P0174(system too lean bank 1and 2) All the sensors have been changed with no result. Another scan was done and thesame codes still came up. I have change the MAF sensor and plugs as well without any result. It gets normal for just few days when the plugs and injector nozzles were cleaned but went bad again after 4 to 5 days. Also,a lot of fuel consumption
Re: Club-Lexus by radautoworks: 8:22am On Nov 06, 2019
Ekpesi:
Goodmorning guys,pls i need help with my 2002 RX300.it's bringing out black smoke. A scan was run on it and it showed P1130 (air fuel ratio sensor and P0174(system too lean bank 1and 2) All the sensors have been changed with no result. Another scan was done and thesame codes still came up. I have change the MAF sensor and plugs as well without any result. It gets normal for just few days when the plugs and injector nozzles were cleaned but went bad again after 4 to 5 days. Also,a lot of fuel consumption

How much were the sensors you put in?
Re: Club-Lexus by Ekpesi: 9:36am On Nov 06, 2019
[quote author=radautoworks post=83782743]

How much were the sensors you put in?[/qu

I think the system too lean bank 1&2 sensors were bought 3k each.
Re: Club-Lexus by dare01: 8:32am On Nov 08, 2019
Good morning guys, just a quick one. I noticed the market is flooded with Nigeria Used ES350 2007-2009 and this cars owners used them for at most a year. Any related issue with the car because I am baffled. why is everyone letting go of their ES. Existing and New ES owner I need your feedback.

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by fohia(m): 11:13am On Nov 09, 2019
Eddee:

Please stick with the recommended Mobil 1 5w-30 - contact Radautoworks or Gazzuzz or even Dru - all of them will ship to the moon and back.

If you must use Total Quartz based on availability - then it has to be Quartz 9000 5w-40. And you must drain and refill with the correct oil weight subsequently

I did as u advised... got mobil 1 5w30 from mobil filling STATION n did d oil change on Thursday, hv been using d car since then with no issue until this morning I drove to a cyber cafe after my business there I entered d car to start it but d engine didn't turn... please what could be d cause

Re: Club-Lexus by fohia(m): 11:14am On Nov 09, 2019
Screenshots of my dashboard

Re: Club-Lexus by Eddee(m): 1:07pm On Nov 09, 2019
fohia:

I did as u advised... got mobil 1 5w30 from mobil filling STATION n did d oil change on Thursday, hv been using d car since then with no issue until this morning I drove to a cyber cafe after my business there I entered d car to start it but d engine didn't turn... please what could be d cause

It has nothing to do with your oil change, unless of course you had leaks. Dont panic, get a qualified mechanic to check the easy part - your fuel system, ignition coils and spark plugs, as well as starter fuse relay.
Also, get an electrician to check your battery, voltage regulator, and alternator.
These are all very easy to check, any kazeem with a small bulb and screw driver can run this simple diagnosis.

Have you had any episode of overheating, even if not recently?

#modified - thought you had a Benz, just saw the dashboard pictures

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by radautoworks: 5:18pm On Nov 09, 2019
fohia:
Screenshots of my dashboard

Get to a mechanic immediately and scan
Re: Club-Lexus by olumidyy: 12:47am On Nov 10, 2019
Please house, I need advice of which car to get between Toyota Camry 2010 LE/XLE and Lexus ES 350 2010 model. Someone advised me that Camry always have shock absorber issue and he advice I go for Lexus but my issue is I don't really have enough info to guide my choice between the two cars in terms of fuel consumption, maintenance and reliability. This will be my first time of using a car and I need advice. Thank you all.
Re: Club-Lexus by radautoworks: 5:13pm On Nov 10, 2019
olumidyy:
Please house, I need advice of which car to get between Toyota Camry 2010 LE/XLE and Lexus ES 350 2010 model. Someone advised me that Camry always have shock absorber issue and he advice I go for Lexus but my issue is I don't really have enough info to guide my choice between the two cars in terms of fuel consumption, maintenance and reliability. This will be my first time of using a car and I need advice. Thank you all.

Lexus is not a first time car. You have a lot of lessons to learn so get the Camry. Save the Lexus for next car

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Club-Lexus by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:11pm On Nov 10, 2019
radautoworks:

Lexus is not a first time car. You have a lot of lessons to learn so get the Camry. Save the Lexus for next car

I disagree. He should get the ES. Not mechanically different from the Camry for the most part, and is a better car all-around.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by dare01: 8:01pm On Nov 10, 2019
dare01:
Good morning guys, just a quick one. I noticed the market is flooded with Nigeria Used ES350 2007-2009 and this cars owners used them for at most a year. Any related issue with the car because I am baffled. why is everyone letting go of their ES. Existing and New ES owner I need your feedback.

Any one with an answer to this.
Re: Club-Lexus by ib4real95(m): 9:27pm On Nov 10, 2019
Please guys. How much is lexus rx330 and rx300 shocks
Re: Club-Lexus by sKeetz(m): 12:23am On Nov 11, 2019
Re: Club-Lexus by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:13am On Nov 11, 2019
sKeetz:
I'm thinking of getting a 2007 lexus is250 as a daily driver . What are your thoughts on the car? My budget is 2.5m

Good car, not plenty of legroom. Recommended.
Re: Club-Lexus by ifyluxx: 2:18pm On Nov 11, 2019
stevebent:
I dont use a RX 330. I wanted to buy the ES 330 but I later went for Honda Accord 2009
how is ur experience with the Honda 2009. and again any regrets so far??

am thinking of buying same instead of es330.
Re: Club-Lexus by sKeetz(m): 10:28pm On Nov 12, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Good car, not plenty of legroom. Recommended.

Thanks heavenlybang for ... I'm under 6" so legroom wont be a problem grin grin and besides ill be crusing alone most of the time. Im tempted to get the is350 but the engine cost die shocked shocked

Will my budget be enough to get a clean toks with the mark Levinson audio? If not, is there a much better alternative ??
Re: Club-Lexus by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:53am On Nov 13, 2019
sKeetz:

Thanks heavenlybang for ... I'm under 6" so legroom wont be a problem grin grin and besides ill be crusing alone most of the time. Im tempted to get the is350 but the engine cost die shocked shocked

Will my budget be enough to get a clean toks with the mark Levinson audio? If not, is there a much better alternative ??

Yes, your budget should be enough, I believe. Just look well. Or pre-order.
Re: Club-Lexus by sKeetz(m): 11:25am On Nov 15, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Yes, your budget should be enough, I believe. Just look well. Or pre-order.

Hi heavenlybang, can i chat you up on whatsapp? I need help with somethong asap
Re: Club-Lexus by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:37am On Nov 15, 2019
sKeetz:

Hi heavenlybang, can i chat you up on whatsapp? I need help with somethong asap

Feel free to.
Re: Club-Lexus by sKeetz(m): 12:05pm On Nov 15, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Feel free to.

Whatsapp number?
Re: Club-Lexus by sKeetz(m): 12:39pm On Nov 15, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Feel free to.

How do i reach you on whatsapp ?
Re: Club-Lexus by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:37pm On Nov 15, 2019
sKeetz:

How do i reach you on whatsapp ?

Send me a mail.
Re: Club-Lexus by sKeetz(m): 3:51pm On Nov 15, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Send me a mail.

Done
Re: Club-Lexus by awele186: 10:22pm On Nov 20, 2019
Please those using lexus es350, how is the fuel economy? I use Corolla 2011 and i want to upgrade
Re: Club-Lexus by Tolzeal(m): 2:11am On Nov 21, 2019
awele186:
Please those using lexus es350, how is the fuel economy? I use Corolla 2011 and i want to upgrade

Not bad for a 3.5L.v6 but since you're coming from Corolla you would definitely feel the impact

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.