Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,212 members, 7,818,721 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (354366 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:40pm On Nov 25, 2019
ibangajnr:
Hello house. Does anyone know a competent and honest Lexus mechanic in the Lekki axis? I intend to buy a toks soon and will need to do a diagnostic scan and fix any issues that may be found. Thanks

Carry am go meet Gazzuzz for Ikeja.
Or better still, call him for PPI.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Club-Lexus by Areaboy2(m): 10:52am On Nov 26, 2019
TCD:

18mpg is normal for that Lexus. He should tell us the actual miles he travels daily

Atleast people still dey reason here. How that other guy even calculated the 18mpg with only time of 35mins baffles me. grin

OP said Freeway driving and gas.. Are you doing all this driving in Nigeria or the US? just curious.

There was another post that shows how to estimate your combined mpg. After you get those numbers, we can now conclude if your car is consuming more than normal.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 26, 2019
Areaboy2:

Atleast people still dey reason here. How that other guy even calculated the 18mpg with only time of 35mins baffles me. grin

OP said Freeway driving and gas.. Are you doing all this driving in Nigeria or the US? just curious.

There was another post that shows how to estimate your combined mpg. After you get those numbers, we can now conclude if your car is consuming more than normal.

Lol, that's because you skipped your physics classes.

I know the speed at which he travels and I know the time it takes him. I also know the amount he spends on fuel . What else do you need to calculate mpg?
Re: Club-Lexus by Areaboy2(m): 11:01am On Nov 26, 2019
rationalmind:

Lol, that's because you skipped your physics classes.

I know the speed at which he travels and I know the time it takes him. I also know the amount he spends on fuel . What else do you need to calculate mpg?

Bros.. leave that plenty talk. with all your fancy variables, if you even get an error margin of +/-5MPG, I will be impressed.
your 18mpg means nothing until you know the distance covered.. its a simple as that. leave long talk
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 26, 2019
Areaboy2:

Bros.. leave that plenty talk. with all your fancy variables, if you even get an error margin of +/-5MPG, I will be impressed.
your 18mpg means nothing until you know the distance covered.. its a simple as that. leave long talk

You should go back to secondary school grin
Re: Club-Lexus by Areaboy2(m): 11:10am On Nov 26, 2019
rationalmind:

I don warn you to leave long talk.

You wey go secondary school, I dare you to post your calculations and how you arrived at 18mpg.
That one no go take too much time as a Physics guru you be.

No worry, you fit keep am as complicated as you like. i go understand wink
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 26, 2019
Areaboy2:

I don warn you to leave long talk.

You wey go secondary school, I dare you to post your calculations and how you arrived at 18mpg.
That one no go take too much time as a Physics guru you be.

No worry, you fit keep am as complicated as you like. i go understand wink

Sure thing. But it's only after you heed the advice below.

rationalmind:

Re: Club-Lexus by Areaboy2(m): 11:33am On Nov 26, 2019
rationalmind:

Sure thing. But it's only after you heed the advice below.

Ah. no wahala.. I go enroll asap. any recommendation?

Meanwhile, i dey wait your calculation o. Too much talk no good. make we focus on the task at hand smiley
Mind you, failure to post will leave me no other choice than to declare your estimation baseless, unreliable and a complete waste of time. we can all then wait for the oga to provide us more information.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2019
Areaboy2:

Ah. no wahala.. I go enroll asap. any recommendation?

Meanwhile, i dey wait your calculation o. Too much talk no good. make we focus on the task at hand smiley
Mind you, failure to post will leave me no other choice than to declare your estimation baseless, unreliable and a complete waste of time. we can all then wait for the oga to provide us more information.

Any school is fine. Even if it's public grin

We know he drives at an average speed of 60-80km/hr. We also know he drives 35 minutes. If I take 60km/hr as his speed. Note that I can as well use 70 or 80 and it won't really alter my results. M

Using S=D/T, i.e 60=d/0.58. His distance is 35km. This means he covers 70km daily and 1400km monthly. Since it's a school, it is assumed he journeys only on Mondays to Fridays.

So he uses at least N50,000 worth of fuel monthly which gives me 344 litres.

This makes his monthly usage 9mpg.

But then, he told us he sometimes makes the trip twice or thrice every day.

So if he goes just once every day in a month, his mpg is 9, if he does it twice every day in a month, his mpg is 18 and if he does it three times everyday in a month, I have 28.

The average of all the mpgs is 18.33.

Again, like mentioned, it's only an estimate. I will allow for a margin of error between +/-1 or 2. Nothing more and nothing less.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Areaboy2(m): 1:19pm On Nov 26, 2019
rationalmind:

Any school is fine. Even if it's public grin
We know he drives at an average speed of 60-80km/hr. We also know he drives 35 minutes. If I take 60km/hr as his speed. Note that I can as well use 70 or 80 and it won't really alter my results. M
Using S=D/T, i.e 60=d/0.58. His distance is 35km. This means he covers 70km daily and 1400km monthly. Since it's a school, it is assumed he journeys only on Mondays to Fridays.
So he uses at least N50,000 worth of fuel monthly which gives me 344 litres.
This makes his monthly usage 9mpg.
But then, he told us he sometimes makes the trip twice or thrice every day.
So if he goes just once every day in a month, his mpg is 9, if he does it twice every day in a month, his mpg is 18 and if he does it three times everyday in a month, I have 28.

The average of all the mpgs is 18.33.

Again, like mentioned, it's only an estimate. I will allow for a margin of error between +/-1 or 2. Nothing more and nothing less.

lol. you see the problem with plenty talk?

tonididdy:

I have never done 100 on that car... On busy morning during school hour rush I certainly couldn't speed anywhere... After school hours I could do 60 to 80 for 10mins of the 35mins trip, then the remainder 25mins is a bumpy ride all through.

Oya do your physics again bros.
your former physics teacher wont like this at all wink
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 26, 2019
Areaboy2:

lol. you see the problem with plenty talk?

Oya do your physics again bros.
your former physics teacher wont like this at all wink

tonididdy:

Hi good morning, what do you mean a lemon rx300?
I bought it direct from a car sales yard (tokunbo).
I drive to and from my workplace everyday for the past one month (from home to work is 30 to 35mins drive on a free way), some days I make this trips thrice in a day and some days once and sometimes twice.
But I still find its gas gulping very outrageous.

Do you find this normal?

rationalmind:

What is your average speed

tonididdy:

60 to 80

rationalmind:

Then kingreign is right, your fuel consumotion is a little bit on the high side. Even though there a lot of variables, I was able to estimate your usage to 18mpg.

You should get it into a shop for checks before you pull the plug

Hope you can see how foolish you are. cheesy

My estimate was based on his response to my question.
Re: Club-Lexus by dare01: 2:34pm On Nov 26, 2019
rationalmind:

EASY
Re: Club-Lexus by Areaboy2(m): 3:01pm On Nov 26, 2019
rationalmind:

haba oga.. no need for harsh words.

Just admit your wild estimate is nothing but that. wild.
With poor basis of assumptions.
I dared you and you carelessly posted your primary school calculation, Mr Physics Guru.

You conveniently ignored the mention that the average speed he gave you is only for 10 minutes of his Journey (on a good day). Not to mention what it is at rush hour. "some days I make this trips thrice in a day and some days once and sometimes twice". This information you happily ignored as well.

Quit trying to come across as intelligent and wait for more information from the man in question. Then and only then can we give him informed responses and a rational course of action.

In actual fact, 18mpg for what he described is fairly decent for an SUV doing city runs. Contrary to the conclusion of your bogus calculation.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 26, 2019
Areaboy2:

haba oga.. no need for harsh words.

Just admit your wild estimate is nothing but that. wild.
With poor basis of assumptions.
I dared you and you carelessly posted your primary school calculation, Mr Physics Guru.

You conveniently ignored the mention that the average speed he gave you is only for 10 minutes of his Journey (on a good day). Not to mention what it is at rush hour. "some days I make this trips thrice in a day and some days once and sometimes twice". This information you happily ignored as well.

Quit trying to come across as intelligent and wait for more information from the man in question. Then and only then can we give him informed responses and a rational course of action.

In actual fact, 18mpg for what he described is fairly decent for an SUV doing city runs. Contrary to the conclusion of your bogus calculation.

If I say you're foolish, I'm not being harsh and I don't mean it as an insult. You are actually foolish. Do you even know what average means or you still need me to school you after I did on the distance cheesy . How can average be just 10 minutes of his journey?

There's a reason I asked for his average speed. If 60-80 was his speed for just 10 minutes, then it means he didn't understand my question and whatever I arrive at was based on what he supplied.

rationalmind:

What is your average speed

tonididdy:

60 to 80

rationalmind:

Then kingreign is right, your fuel consumotion is a little bit on the high side. Even though there a lot of variables, I was able to estimate your usage to 18mpg.

You should get it into a shop for checks before you pull the plug
Re: Club-Lexus by Areaboy2(m): 4:02pm On Nov 26, 2019
rationalmind:

If I say you're foolish, I'm not being harsh and I don't mean it as an insult. You are actually foolish. Do you even know what average means? How can average be just 10 minutes of his journey?

There's a reason I asked for his average speed. If 60-80 was his speed for just 10 minutes of his journey, then it means he didn't understand my question and whatever I arrive at was based on what he supplied.

AHA!! we are getting somewhere now.
So it's Garbage in Garbage out! Right.
That's pretty clear now.

Okay. it is clear that there is no reasoning with you. You have been called out at baseless estimations and you sit(or stand) there trying to defend/justify yourself. Worse still, hurling insults over the internet. That is pretty low my good man. pretty low.
and Yet! I am the foolish one. undecided

Listen son. your calculation is bogus, unsubstantiated and meaningless. It is as simple as that. On top of all that, your conclusion is false. I will happily stick my neck out to argue that 18mpg on that car for city driving is decent.

Let us move on and stop arguing about averages and estimates that interests no one but feeds your misplaced ego. which in the end makes you look pretty much like what you are calling me.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 26, 2019
Areaboy2:

AHA!! we are getting somewhere now.
So it's Garbage in Garbage out! Right.
That's pretty clear now.

Okay. it is clear that there is no reasoning with you. You have been called out at baseless estimations and you sit(or stand) there trying to defend/justify yourself. Worse still, hurling insults over the internet. That is pretty low my good man. pretty low.
and Yet! I am the foolish one. undecided

Listen son. your calculation is bogus, unsubstantiated and meaningless. It is as simple as that. On top of all that, your conclusion is false. I will happily stick my neck out to argue that 18mpg on that car for city driving is decent.

Let us move on and stop arguing about averages and estimates that interests no one but feeds your misplaced ego. which in the end makes you look pretty much like what you are calling me.

I thought as much. Now you no longer want to discuss averages, after you initially claimed the average was just for 10 minutes grin .

I don't know how many times it has to be drummed into your head that the 18mpg was based on 60-80km/hr. How is that considered city driving?

And lastly, I'm not insulting you by calling you foolish. I know it rings a bell, I can't be the first person to have told you.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:28pm On Nov 26, 2019
rationalmind:

And lastly, I'm not insulting you by calling you foolish. I know it rings a bell, I can't be the first person to have told you.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Areaboy2(m): 4:43pm On Nov 26, 2019
rationalmind:

I thought as much. Now you no longer want to discuss averages, after you initially claimed the average was just for 10 minutes grin .

I don't know how many times it has to be drummed into your head that the 18mpg was based on 60-80km/hr. How is that considered city driving?

Reading and comprehension is clearly a weakness for you.

Can someone else please help him explain what this means?
"After school hours I could do 60 to 80 for 10mins of the 35mins trip, then the remainder 25mins is a bumpy ride all through."

The man made it clear that this speed of between 60 - 80 is only valid for 10 mins out of the entire 35 minutes of his trip.
How you are still trying to prop your glaring failure is beyond me and outright sad. undecided
Re: Club-Lexus by radautoworks: 7:19pm On Nov 27, 2019
Should I settle this? I mean I have math degrees and also taught math all the way to grad school level. grin
Re: Club-Lexus by awele186: 7:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
Please who uses a lexus es350 2013 upwards here. How's the maintenance and reliability
Re: Club-Lexus by jarkbauer: 7:22pm On Nov 27, 2019
radautoworks:
Should I settle this? I mean I have math degrees and also taught math all the way to grad school level. grin

teach dont teach me nonsense
Re: Club-Lexus by radautoworks: 7:25pm On Nov 27, 2019
jarkbauer:

teach dont teach me nonsense

10 strokes of cane for you!

Teaching throwback pic! Shaped a lot of minds and they are now out there as parents wreaking havoc ha ha ha!

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by jarkbauer: 7:49pm On Nov 27, 2019
radautoworks:

Teaching throwback pic! Shaped a lot of minds and they are now out there as parents wreaking havoc ha ha ha!

You look so cute. How many years ago was this? You taught in middle school
Re: Club-Lexus by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:26pm On Nov 27, 2019
jarkbauer:

You can't even see her face, you nonce.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Eddee(m): 8:56pm On Nov 27, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

You can't even see her face, you nonce.

Him dey try him luck. If the husband catch am, e go be!

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by radautoworks: 9:37pm On Nov 27, 2019
jarkbauer:

Middle, high and graduate school (taught doctors) wink

About 6 years ago. Taught at various levels for 8 years but had the most fun teaching 11th and 12th grade
Re: Club-Lexus by jarkbauer: 9:48pm On Nov 27, 2019
radautoworks:

Middle, high and graduate school (taught doctors) wink

About 6 years ago. Taught at various levels for 8 years but had the most fun teaching 11th and 12th grade
from teaching to auto tech how
Re: Club-Lexus by radautoworks: 9:51pm On Nov 27, 2019
jarkbauer:
from teaching to auto tech how

Will write a book someday
Re: Club-Lexus by jarkbauer: 9:53pm On Nov 27, 2019
radautoworks:

Will write a book someday

You were a teacher earning $54000 PA to tech earning billions. God when na?
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 28, 2019
radautoworks:

Mama has been around. Small wonder your kids are killing it in school

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by KINGreignn: 7:59am On Nov 28, 2019
Na club_lexus thread be this, not praise and worship and adore thread.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by radautoworks: 8:18am On Nov 28, 2019
KINGreignn:
Na club_lexus thread be this, not praise and worship and adore thread.

Baba o! From Kingreign to KINGreignn, how we go learn from you grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.