Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. (7840 Views)

Challenge Go All Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. / 5 Easy Steps To Debunking The Quran (for Christians, Atheists, Agnostics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by texanomaly(f): 4:15pm On Oct 23, 2013
Secularist: .....

I prefer this from Einstein:

Einstein expressed his skepticism regarding an anthropomorphic deity, often describing it as "naïve" and "childlike". He stated, "It seems to me that the idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I cannot take seriously. I feel also not able to imagine some will or goal outside the human sphere. My views are near those of Spinoza: admiration for the beauty of and belief in the logical simplicity of the order which we can grasp humbly and only imperfectly. I believe that we have to content ourselves with our imperfect knowledge and understanding and treat values and moral obligations as a purely human problem—the most important of all human problems."

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 4:29pm On Oct 23, 2013
Joshthefirst: Watch evolution versus God here:
www.EvolutionvsGod.com

This is bullshiit. So you ask random people on the street to give you accurate scientific answers and you draw conclusions based on that??
Go and watch dawkins, he has several videos on youtube and gain some insight there.

We would never cease to find excuses to rationalize insanity, i am certain the guys killing twins back then were certain they were right, or more recently the police man hitting his daughter with the butt of a gun because he was CONVINCED she was a witch.

I honestly dont have the time or the patience to educate you. The internet is your friend and your white god has given you a brain right? Use it as you deem fit. If in all your findings you still see reasons to hang on to his metaphorical cloak, then good for you and heaven, milk, honey and virgins is your portion.

Cheers!

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 4:36pm On Oct 23, 2013

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 4:39pm On Oct 23, 2013
^^^
Sometimes, during weak moments, i wonder why I bother.
Blame God for the killing of twins. It was mary slessor, a missionary from God who abolished killing of twins. Smh

Did you even watch that video @ all.
The fact that you still speak like this after watching the video shows something is wrong. Your brother atheists were making much better excuses than you. Dawkins hasn't recovered from the impact of that video yet grin
Most of them don't know what to say.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 4:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
Joshthefirst: ^^^
Sometimes, during weak moments, i wonder why I bother.
Blame God for the killing of twins. It was mary slessor, a missionary from God who abolished killing of twins. Smh

Did you even watch that video @ all.
The fact that you still speak like this after watching the video shows something is wrong. Your brother atheists were making much better excuses than you. Dawkins hasn't recovered from the impact of that video yet grin
Most of them don't know what to say.

It didn't matter if it was mary slessor, the idea is that people would believe one thing fervently and through tremendous works of enlightened persons be better of tomorrow. History keeps repeating itself.

I watched the video, and again it is BULSHIIT. I dont blame god for the killing of twins, because there is no god. I blame man for god. To explain how blindly you answer why did you skip the story of the police man assaulting his daughter? I would tell you why, because it hurts your point. In Akwa-Ibom children are being tortured this way daily all thanks to man being able to justify wickedness with some deity which in this case is your white god.

Get enlightened bro, it the only way forward for the country and the world.

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 4:56pm On Oct 23, 2013
Secularist:

It didn't matter if it was mary slessor, the idea is that people would believe one thing fervently and through tremendous works of enlightened persons be better of tomorrow. History keeps repeating itself.

I watched the video, and again it is BULSHIIT. I dont blame god for the killing of twins, because there is no god. I blame man for god. To explain how blindly you answer why did you skip the story of the police man assaulting his daughter? I would tell you why, because it hurts your point. In Akwa-Ibom children are being tortured this way daily all thanks to man being able to justify wickedness with some deity which in this case is your white god.

God does not justify maltreating children either.
Ok. Its enough. I'm tired.

Ps: he didn't just ask people on the street, two of those guys were proffesors from UCLA
And one was a physicist.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
Secularist:

Well said.......
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 4:59pm On Oct 23, 2013
Joshthefirst: God does not justify maltreating children either.
Ok. Its enough. I'm tired.

Ps: he didn't just ask people on the street, two of those guys were proffesors from UCLA
And one was a physicist.

וועלכער נעגראָע

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by ooman(m): 5:21pm On Oct 23, 2013
ok, late but am a strong atheist, am certain gods do not exist just as am certain that flying pigs do not exist....

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 6:01pm On Oct 23, 2013
ooman: ok, late but am a strong atheist, am certain gods do not exist just as am certain that flying pigs do not exist....

Good analogy!
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 6:05pm On Oct 23, 2013
Secularist: I know there are a lot of people here who have questioned the many BS they have seen in religious institutions but are yet afraid of being chastised by lesser minds on a fact that is so obvious it should not warrant the ill will it gets.

If you are scared because people may then know you in that light then i encourage you to create another account to enable you discuss freely.

I believe strongly that the future of this country belongs to the sane of mind, people like us. Only people like us can truly make a difference in the world.

Dont be afraid mates, your higher intelligence and liberal spirit is the only thing that can can change this country for good.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Can you imagine?
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 6:17pm On Oct 23, 2013
Joshthefirst: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Can you imagine?

1,000 years from now, people like us would use the brains of past persons who shared your insanity and discuss in scientific details the effect of religion on the grey matter of the early religious man.

You are no different from the early babarian persons, the only difference is that you can use a computer. Bravo! You don't fool anyone, just yourself. You need to understand that i do have a big problem with people who let old useless books cloud their reasons.

I am not peace loving, i cannot be peace loving to a person who propagates lies and falsehood that has and continue to reduce humanity. I hope you understand that until you can remove yourself either from my view or your religion we would not see eye to eye, because to me you are a murderer, a killer of all things good and noble in the human being. Your ignorance of these facts does not make it any less true.

Google is your friend, use it, find answers, and when you have something intelligible to say, i would be here to answer you.

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 23, 2013
Logicboy03:

Much ignorance, sir.

Theologians are the ones that should be in atheist debates.

Lol. You still don't get it. The two cannot be in the same place when the debate is clearly cut out.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by ooman(m): 6:36pm On Oct 23, 2013
Secularist:

Good analogy!

I love your signature: "Religion does three things quite effectively: Divides people, Controls people, Deludes people." Its true...

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 6:36pm On Oct 23, 2013
Secularist:

1,000 years from now, people like us would use the brains of past persons who shared your insanity and discuss in scientific details the effect of religion on the grey matter of the early religious man.

You are no different from the early babarian persons, the only difference is that you can use a computer. Bravo! You don't fool anyone, just yourself. You need to understand that i do have a big problem with people who let old useless books cloud their reasons.

I am not peace loving, i cannot be peace loving to a person who propagates lies and falsehood that has and continue to reduce humanity. I hope you understand that until you can remove yourself either from my view or your religion we would not see eye to eye, because to me you are a murderer, a killer of all things good and noble in the human being. Your ignorance of these facts does not make it any less true.

Google is your friend, use it, find answers, and when you have something intelligible to say, i would be here to answer you.
I'm sorry to say this, but quit your yabbing.

Tell me how being a christian degrades and makes one a murderer and thief.

I take insults on this forum everyday, I am reduced and you say I reduce others?

Christianity brings love and salvation to man from God.

As for you, you are a prime example of what everyman who refuses to acknowledge and repent his problems of sin is.

Its not about me and my 'stupidity'
Its about the fact that if man does not have a change of nature, this world will continue to grow rotten and many will pay for their wicked ways in hell.
Nonsense.

You better face the real problem of mankind and do away with modalities
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by ooman(m): 6:40pm On Oct 23, 2013
Joshthefirst:
Christianity brings love and salvation to man from God.

tell this to the Amorites and Canaanites etc that Yahweh commanded their genocide...

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 6:48pm On Oct 23, 2013
ooman:

tell this to the Amorites and Canaanites etc that Yahweh commanded their genocide...
that was what the law brought for them. Gods judgement. That is what your sin will bring for you.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 23, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. You still don't get it. The two cannot be in the same place when the debate is clearly cut out.

*facepalm*

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 23, 2013
Logicboy03:

*facepalm*
Eyah!
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by ooman(m): 7:04pm On Oct 23, 2013
Joshthefirst: that was what the law brought for them. Gods judgement. That is what your sin will bring for you.

ok, so dont tell me xtianity brings love and salvation, it brings death and condemnation more often than it brings salvation and love...

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:09pm On Oct 23, 2013
ooman:

ok, so dont tell me xtianity brings love and salvation, it brings death and condemnation more often than it brings salvation and love...
no. Christianity brings salvation and God's love. You're already a condemned and guilty sinner.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by texanomaly(f): 7:13pm On Oct 23, 2013
Joshthefirst: no. Christianity brings salvation and God's love. You're already a condemned and guilty sinner.

*hands him a box of rocks* undecided

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by ooman(m): 7:13pm On Oct 23, 2013
Joshthefirst: no. Christianity brings salvation and God's love. You're already a condemned and guilty sinner.

look, its simple. Why am I condemned? Its because am not a xtian right? Thats why xtianity brings condemnation than love. Without xtianity, am not condemned, but with xtianity, I am condemned as an atheist...

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:15pm On Oct 23, 2013
ooman:

look, its simple. Why am I condemned? Its because am not a xtian right? Thats why xtianity brings condemnation than love. Without xtianity, am not condemned, but with xtianity, I am condemned as an atheist...
no sir, its because of sin.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by ooman(m): 7:17pm On Oct 23, 2013
Joshthefirst: no sir, its because of sin.

ok, what sin?
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:21pm On Oct 23, 2013
texanomaly:

*hands him a box of rocks* undecided
its not what you think ma'am
He doesn't think he needs salvation from sin, therefore Jesus doesn't make sense. The gospel sounds foolish.
For Jesus to make sense to him, he must first see that he is guilty of sin and guilty before God. Only then will salvation make sense.

Jesus said it himself
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:22pm On Oct 23, 2013
ooman:

ok, what sin?
sin is breaking Gods moral law.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by ooman(m): 7:32pm On Oct 23, 2013
Joshthefirst: sin is breaking Gods moral law.

and how am i doing this?
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by ooman(m): 7:35pm On Oct 23, 2013
Joshthefirst: its not what you think ma'am
He doesn't think he needs salvation from sin, therefore Jesus doesn't make sense. The gospel sounds foolish.
For Jesus to make sense to him, he must first see that he is guilty of sin and guilty before God. Only then will salvation make sense.

Jesus said it himself

in order words, i am condemned before god, therefore xtianity brings condemnation than love. Or maybe I should say, it brings condemnation first, then love..

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:47pm On Oct 23, 2013
ooman:

in order words, i am condemned before god, therefore xtianity brings condemnation than love. Or maybe I should say, it brings condemnation first, then love..
the law brings condemnation because no man has ever fulfilled it but Jesus Christ. He never lied or stole or profaned or looked at a woman lustfully. Because we have not fulfilled this law written in our consciences, we are condemned. We have sinned against God, our consciences bearing witness.
We stand condemned. We deserve it.
But God in his mercy sent Jesus to save us from our guilt and sin. He took our punishment for us. That is the gospel. If you believe, you're saved. Born again into Gods kingdom a holy and perfect child because of Jesus Christ
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2013
ooman! You the man.

Josh, i mean you no insult, actually i do. I refuse to feel guilty for being human and therefore need the opium called god you are peddling to make me feel better. Religion creates a problem and tries to become the solution.

I have no business with your puppet god. The reason you are probably insulted daily on nairaland is because you spew out this stuff, like what enlightened person would take that seriously?

I am not here to convert you, google should do that on my behalf, i am here to discuss with those who have crossed the bridge already into reason and left their delusions behind, not you josh. Maybe you should pray for me since you are so sure of your white/arab god, whichever.

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 7:56pm On Oct 23, 2013
Joshthefirst: the law brings condemnation because no man has ever fulfilled it but Jesus Christ. He never lied or stole or profaned or looked at a woman lustfully. Because we have not fulfilled this law written in our consciences, we are condemned. We have sinned against God, our consciences bearing witness.
We stand condemned. We deserve it.
But God in his mercy sent Jesus to save us from our guilt and sin. He took our punishment for us. That is the gospel. If you believe, you're saved. Born again into Gods kingdom a holy and perfect child because of Jesus Christ

I am really trying not to insult your god here. Please take him and yourself off my thread O! Na beg i dey beg O! I am trying to be decent here and accept that there are things i may not change, but since this is a sensitive subject for you i advise you dont put your god to the test O! Take him with you and go O!

Na beg i dey beg O!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Is Apostle Suleman's Benz GL 450 Doing In Daniel Okeke's House, Lol / Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness / The Power Of Virginity Part 1

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58