Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,771 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. (7855 Views)

Challenge Go All Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. / 5 Easy Steps To Debunking The Quran (for Christians, Atheists, Agnostics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:01pm On Oct 23, 2013
Using humanity as an excuse to take pleasure in sin and wickedness.

And then blaming me for reducing humanity and commiting murder.

Oh well.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by ooman(m): 8:01pm On Oct 23, 2013
Joshthefirst: the law brings condemnation because no man has ever fulfilled it but Jesus Christ. He never lied or stole or profaned or looked at a woman lustfully. Because we have not fulfilled this law written in our consciences, we are condemned. We have sinned against God, our consciences bearing witness.
We stand condemned. We deserve it.
But God in his mercy sent Jesus to save us from our guilt and sin. He took our punishment for us. That is the gospel. If you believe, you're saved. Born again into Gods kingdom a holy and perfect child because of Jesus Christ

Well stop blaming the law, because your god gave it, meaning condemnation comes from your god. Your god gave laws that no man can fulfill, then blame us for not being able to fulfil it, providing the excuse, called jesus, as a way to get us into intellectual slavery for ever.

Because your god gave laws that we cannot fulfill, he therefore brought us condemnation. So stop wasting nairaland space and shut the heck up

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 8:03pm On Oct 23, 2013
ooman:

Well stop blaming the law, because your god gave it, meaning condemnation comes from your god. Your god gave laws that no man can fulfill, then blame us for not being able to fulfil it, providing the excuse, called jesus, as a way to get us into intellectual slavery for ever.

Because your god gave laws that we cannot fulfill, he therefore brought us condemnation. So stop wasting nairaland space and shut the heck up

GBAM!

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:05pm On Oct 23, 2013
ooman:

God gave you laws that you couldn't keep. Smh. So he should reduce his standard and start all over again.

I tire.
Keep blaming God for your sinfulness.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by ooman(m): 8:10pm On Oct 23, 2013
Joshthefirst: God gave you laws that you couldn't keep. Smh. So he should reduce his standard and start all over again.

I tire.

so your god gave me, a man, laws of his own (a perfect god's) standard and expects me to be able to fulfill it?

You are ignored henceforth....

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:12pm On Oct 23, 2013
ooman:

so your god gave me, a man, laws of his own (a perfect god's) standard and expects me to be able to fulfill it?

finally.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:14pm On Oct 23, 2013
At least you acknowledge that he is a perfect God and you're an imperfect man who needs to be made perfect.
Back at square 1

Abeg have a nice evening everyone including you tex smiley
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 8:15pm On Oct 23, 2013
Joshthefirst: God gave you laws that you couldn't keep. Smh. So he should reduce his standard and start all over again.

I tire.

Can you keep the law? Can anyone keep that law? EHN?

Then you break the law and ask god for forgiveness and then all is well? Wow! I could go out and kill someone then ask for forgiveness, aint that about a bittch!

I get the feeling you are good guy, and i think i am starting to genuinely feel sorry for you. You are defending NOTHING, and it is even sadder knowing that you would never understand that. I am honestly very weak in my fingers right now knowing for a fact that nothing i can do can save you from this prison you call religion. I am sorry brother, i really am, some evolved, some stayed behind, it breaks my heart i swear it.

This is why there must be a change, because past a certain age the indoctrination of religion is set in stone. We have to do something for the children in this country and the continent as a whole, they are the leaders of tomorrow. Imagine how hard Obasanjo and Jonathan would have had it if there were more people who understand that they had to fight their own battles and not their imaginary friends?

There is a direct correlation between religion and political oppression, and to save our Nation we must first be enlightened, understanding fully well without the tint of delusions what the outcome of not doing would do to us and our children unborn.

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:19pm On Oct 23, 2013
Romans 8:4 KJV
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit

That has automatically crapified everything you just said.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by texanomaly(f): 8:19pm On Oct 23, 2013
ooman:

I know atheist find this abhorrent, but that is why He sent Christ to intercede.

I don't know why I'm saying this. I felt the need to. I guess. I understand that you don't believe the Bible to be true. But there it is.

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 8:20pm On Oct 23, 2013
Joshthefirst: Romans 8:4 KJV
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit

That has automatically crapified everything you just said.

cry cry cry embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 8:28pm On Oct 23, 2013
texanomaly:
I know atheist find this abhorrent, but that is why He sent Christ to intercede.

I don't know why I'm saying this. I felt the need to. I guess. I understand that you don't believe the Bible to be true. But there it is.

You should watch the video i put up.

Let us reason this out. You are a god who makes no mistake and knows future [/b]and [b]past. So you create man in your own image, put him in a garden that your other creation who you could have killed or sent away or not have created in the first place can access this man who you love so much.

But wait!

You knew this one was going to happen so you had planned for your son, who is really you to come to earth and get lynched because you love man, and then damn the man you first created and his wife because they fell for a trick you could have prevented in the first place knowing fully well that this people in your image do not have the stomach for temptation.

Did i loose you at any point dear?

Do you see how ludicrous this is? Have you asked yourself of what happened to the billions of people that had died in without hearing of jesus or allah? Did they go to hell since they were sinners? And this god loves you so much?

The bullsht of religion stinks so badly of lies, unintelligible lies, but what is more surprising is that people would still choose to lock out reason.

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by UyiIredia(m): 8:29pm On Oct 23, 2013
Secularist: .....

If rational arguments didn't work on religious people none of them would turn atheist which is largely the case, that meme is pathetic.

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 23, 2013
Secularist:

Dude, i am really not here to have a debate with you. May you go to heaven and all that, me and you no get discussion O.

then you are not open minded.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 8:32pm On Oct 23, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

If rational arguments didn't work on religious people none of them would turn atheist which is largely the case, that meme is pathetic.

You are actually right. It is only a matter of probability really. It is bleeping hard!

One has to have begun the process of unearthing on their own i guess, that was the case for me. Perhaps it is possible, but it is a venture i have little interest in at the moment. I have a much different strategy for conversion.

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
What does happen to people who have died without hearing about Jesus and God's law and love?

Romans 2:15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God judges people's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares. (NIV)

The bible answers questions. God will judge in his own way.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 8:35pm On Oct 23, 2013
JMAN05:

then you are not open minded.

I am. Most atheist were religious once upon a time. I asked questions and the answers combined with years of fact finding has led me to my conclusions. I really just dont have the energy to debate people. I believe there are better ways to convey a truth.

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by UyiIredia(m): 8:36pm On Oct 23, 2013
Cleared.
Secularist:

I feel you on a cellular level.

Dammit ! You already quoted it !

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 8:36pm On Oct 23, 2013
Joshthefirst: What does happen to people who have died without hearing about Jesus and God's law and love?

Romans 2:15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God judges people's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

The bible answers questions. God will judge in his own way.

Really?

What i got from that is that i am better of not knowing about religion and its stringent laws, ignorance is actually salvation.

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 8:38pm On Oct 23, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

You don't need to kill to intercede even humans do better, for all their flaws, they forgive unconditionally. As the question by Dawkins put ' . . . why not just forgive ?' That is the question Jesus death no longer satisfied. I think deep down this bugs you, it bugged my Mum and she did talk about it with me, it bugged me whilst a Christian though I pushed it at the recesses of my mind. Why kill humans for faults you made them with, why condemn them all to death, why even allow babies die ? Then say you'ren loving, who'll take that from a human. In fact that's all I'll state for now.

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 23, 2013
Secularist:

You should watch the video i put up.

Let us reason this out. You are a god who makes no mistake and knows future [/b]and [b]past. So you create man in your own image, put him in a garden that your other creation who you could have killed or sent away or not have created in the first place can access this man who you love so much.

But wait!

You knew this one was going to happen so you had planned for your son, who is really you to come to earth and get lynched because you love man, and then damn the man you first created and his wife because they fell for a trick you could have prevented in the first place knowing fully well that this people in your image do not have the stomach for temptation.

Did i loose you at any point dear?

Do you see how ludicrous this is? Have you asked yourself of what happened to the billions of people that had died in without hearing of jesus or allah? Did they go to hell since they were sinners? And this god loves you so much?

The bullsht of religion stinks so badly of lies, unintelligible lies, but what is more surprising is that people would still choose to lock out reason.

I understand your confusion, however, there is no answer for the existence of a universe, humans aside from an intelligent supernatural power.

1. God didnt plan in the beginning that His son (not Himself), will come and die.

2. God didnt predestine Adam and Eve, so he never knew they would sin nor did He know that satan was going to tempt them.

I think the problem starts from the wrong teaching you ve heard.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 23, 2013
Secularist:

Subatomic level too? grin
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:42pm On Oct 23, 2013
Secularist:

Really?

What i got from that is that i am better of not knowing about religion and its stringent laws, ignorance is actually salvation.
good. You're making progress. Religion and its stringent laws can never save a man. Jesus saves.

Matthew 11:28-30 "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." (The Message)

@Uyi. What you're saying is exactly what God does with sin. He forgives unconditionally.

It is only when men refuse to repent that the requirements of justice must be met. God is a loving father. He is also a righteous judge.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 9:29pm On Oct 23, 2013
Logicboy03:

Subatomic level too? grin

Lol.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 9:31pm On Oct 23, 2013
JMAN05:

I understand your confusion, however, there is no answer for the existence of a universe, humans aside from an intelligent supernatural power.

1. God didnt plan in the beginning that His son (not Himself), will come and die.

2. God didnt predestine Adam and Eve, so he never knew they would sin nor did He know that satan was going to tempt them.

I think the problem starts from the wrong teaching you ve heard.

1. Go and read your bible mate. He had planned his son all along. Something along the lines of the foundation of the world or some sht.
2. The all seeing, all knowing god being able to know present and past could not see that the serpent would tempt his own image??

You guys are nothing but a confused bunch.

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 9:54pm On Oct 23, 2013
Live long and prosper y'all.

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by texanomaly(f): 9:59pm On Oct 23, 2013
Secularist: Live long and prosper y'all.

I love Star Trek grin
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by davidhume1: 10:14pm On Oct 23, 2013
Joshthefirst: I'm sorry to say this, but quit your yabbing.

Tell me how being a christian degrades and makes one a murderer and thief.

I take insults on this forum everyday, I am reduced and you say I reduce others?

Christianity brings love and salvation to man from God.

As for you, you are a prime example of what everyman who refuses to acknowledge and repent his problems of sin is.

Its not about me and my 'stupidity'
Its about the fact that if man does not have a change of nature, this world will continue to grow rotten and many will pay for their wicked ways in hell.
Nonsense.

You better face the real problem of mankind and do away with modalities

At the moment, Christianity is stopping rape victims from getting abortion!

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 10:22pm On Oct 23, 2013
david_hume:

At the moment, Christianity is stopping rape victims from getting abortion!
I'm telling you. We're stopping murder and the guy is calling me a murderer and a demeaner. Smh
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 10:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
texanomaly:
I love Star Trek grin

Yay!
wink smiley cool
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 10:55pm On Oct 23, 2013
Joshthefirst: I'm telling you. We're stopping murder and the guy is calling me a murderer and a demeaner. Smh

Mumu, David Hume was not supporting your theory he was simply stating the foolishness of your religion. Someone got rappped and cannot get to abort the pregnancy
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 10:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
Secularist:

Mumu, David Hume was not supporting your theory he was simply stating the foolishness of your religion. Someone got rappped and cannot get to abort the pregnancy

you're calling me mumu and you can't even notice a sarcastic comment grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"New" Revelation Of Heaven And Hell / What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him / Anonyism 101.....asking Meaningless Philosophical Questions

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63