Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. (7837 Views)

Challenge Go All Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. / 5 Easy Steps To Debunking The Quran (for Christians, Atheists, Agnostics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by tuagbo: 10:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
@Secularist At the start of this thread,you stated you wouldn't argue with these "religious folks" but here you are doing what you said you wouldn't.Take my advise and IGNORE all of them.All they seek is RELEVANCE.By the way,i'm a "STRONG! STRONG!! STRONG!!! atheist."So,what's the plan?
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 10:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
Goodnight man. Really tired.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 11:01pm On Oct 23, 2013
tuagbo: @Secularist At the start of this thread,you stated you wouldn't argue with these "religious folks" but here you are doing what you said you wouldn't.Take my advise and IGNORE all of them.All they seek is RELEVANCE.By the way,i'm a "STRONG! STRONG!! STRONG!!! atheist."So,what's the plan?

Yeah, i know i should not be talking to them, i tried not to but its just hard. I have a low tolerance to foolishness, and i cant help but try to correct it when i see it.

The plan is simple, what steps can one take to enlighten the younger generation that they at least have a fighting chance against religious indoctrination??

This is something i am very interested in.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 23, 2013
Secularist:

1. Go and read your bible mate. He had planned his son all along. Something along the lines of the foundation of the world or some sht.
2. The all seeing, all knowing god being able to know present and past could not see that the serpent would tempt his own image??

You guys are nothing but a confused bunch.

1. You cant talk what you dont know. he didnt predestine them.

2. God has the power to foreknow, he however, does not use the power always. inherently omniscience not total.

the fact is that atheist will continue to leave on more faith than theists. this I have observed.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by tuagbo: 11:13pm On Oct 23, 2013
"Secularist,"you really still believe in the younger generation?You really believe there is still good in the young ones?I gave up on them a LONG time ago.Go to some sections on Nairaland and you'll shake your head so much,you'll experience neck pains for days.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 23, 2013
Until when atheist furnish a faithless prove of how everything came about, they are the irrational fellows, not theists.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 11:23pm On Oct 23, 2013
tuagbo: "Secularist,"you really still believe in the younger generation?You really believe there is still good in the young ones?I gave up on them a LONG time ago.Go to some sections on Nairaland and you'll shake your head so much,you'll experience neck pains for days.

I still have faith O, I have to, and i am talking about much younger people. I can be busy trying to explain to people who tell me that their god can foreknow stuff but decide not to, where do you start with such a person, hmmm.

I have to believe that there are people like us there, or at least people that could have been like us if exposed to the truth early. I have to, this is where my own folly lies i guess.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by tuagbo: 11:40pm On Oct 23, 2013
"Secularist," I have tried to discuss a lack of a god with 6,7 and 8 year olds.When their parents got wind of it,I was sternly warned.I then moved on to teenagers,their message to me;"I don't want to hear it!!!You're a demonic agent of Lucifer!!!."Onto tweenies;"Guy,better hold your side o or else we go beat shege comot your body."That was how I started holding my side.These "religious folks" don't want to be assisted so why should I waste my time and put myself in harms way trying to help those who clearly don't want to be helped?
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 11:49pm On Oct 23, 2013
tuagbo: "Secularist," I have tried to discuss a lack of a god with 6,7 and 8 year olds.When their parents got wind of it,I was sternly warned.I then moved on to teenagers,their message to me;"I don't want to hear it!!!You're a demonic agent of Lucifer!!!."Onto tweenies;"Guy,better hold your side o or else we go beat shege comot your body."That was how I started holding my side.These "religious folks" don't want to be assisted so why should I waste my time and put myself in harms way trying to help those who clearly don't want to be helped?

Even my own siblings do not like to hear it from me. If i asked them how is church they would naturally assume that i am mocking them (which i am grin)

But i do not believe in adirect approach, no, not at all. There has to be a creative way to go about it i believe.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by tuagbo: 11:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
"Secularist," if not for the other atheists on Nairaland,I would have gone crazy by now.I've been called "evil" and "the devil" so many times,e don tire me.Being atheist especially in naija no be beans."Star Trek:Deep space nine" is my favourite.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 12:06am On Oct 24, 2013
tuagbo: "Secularist," if not for the other atheists on Nairaland,I would have gone crazy by now.I've been called "evil" and "the devil" so many times,e don tire me.Being atheist especially in naija no be beans."Star Trek:Deep space nine" is my favourite.

I actually just watched my first star trek and it spoke to me i swear. It is the recent one (yeah i know).

There is strength in number and greater strength in truth. I know how you feel, i had to deal with that from family members and friends for a long time. People who know still look at me weird sometimes.

But we would have to find a way. Somewhere along the lines of cunning that isreal used in acquiring their land. We have to be both cunning subtle in the way we go about it.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by texanomaly(f): 12:08am On Oct 24, 2013
tuagbo: "Secularist," I have tried to discuss a lack of a god with 6,7 and 8 year olds.When their parents got wind of it,I was sternly warned.I then moved on to teenagers,their message to me;"I don't want to hear it!!!You're a demonic agent of Lucifer!!!."Onto tweenies;"Guy,better hold your side o or else we go beat shege comot your body."That was how I started holding my side.These "religious folks" don't want to be assisted so why should I waste my time and put myself in harms way trying to help those who clearly don't want to be helped?

Did you really try to talk to 6, 7 and 8 year holds? Not cool.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 12:10am On Oct 24, 2013
texanomaly:

Did you really try to talk to 6, 7 and 8 year holds? Not cool.

Why??
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by texanomaly(f): 12:16am On Oct 24, 2013
Secularist:

Why??

They are still under their parents protection. It is disrespectful to challenge that. Also they are very young. I realize it is tempting to get them at an age when they are easily manipulated, but it seems almost criminal, to undermine the parents authority that way.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 12:20am On Oct 24, 2013
texanomaly:

They are still under their parents protection. It is disrespectful to challenge that. Also they are very young. I realize it is tempting to get them at an age when they are easily manipulated, but it seems almost criminal, to undermine the parents authority that way.

Okay, i understand your point.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by UyiIredia(m): 12:27am On Oct 24, 2013
texanomaly:

True. In fact, a number of atheist know and respect this. Unfortunately some aren't they campaign even right in Kids schools in a manner similar to Good News club. And dem some will say atheism isn't a religion, true, but they do things faintly, even if, reminiscent of them: in this case is sharing atheism to minors.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by texanomaly(f): 12:28am On Oct 24, 2013
Secularist:

Okay, i understand your point.
Thank you

Btw...I like the new Strar Trek movies, but the old reruns of the TV series are the best. grin
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by texanomaly(f): 12:33am On Oct 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

True. In fact, a number of atheist know and respect this. Unfortunately some aren't they campaign even right in Kids schools in a manner similar to Good News club. And dem some will say atheism isn't a religion, true, but they do things faintly, even if, reminiscent of them: in this case is sharing atheism to minors.

Hello Iredia. How are you tonight?
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 12:34am On Oct 24, 2013
texanomaly:
Thank you

Btw...I like the new Strar Trek movies, but the old reruns of the TV series are the best. grin

grin grin
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by UyiIredia(m): 1:02am On Oct 24, 2013
texanomaly:

Hello Iredia. How are you tonight?

Hmmn. I'm fine.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by wiegraf: 4:35am On Oct 24, 2013
texanomaly:

While I agree with your general message, for various reasons, it is not that clear cut. If your neighbor was raising nazis, would that not constitute to some form of child abuse? Actually, it likely is literally criminal to not report parents in certain laws if you suspect them of child abuse. In these cases one isn't challenging the parents, but protecting the children.

Again, I generally agree with your post for the most part, especially when moral relativity, individual rights, etc, come into play, but it is not that simple.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by texanomaly(f): 4:51am On Oct 24, 2013
wiegraf:

While I agree with your general message, for various reasons, it is not that clear cut. If your neighbor was raising nazis, would that not constitute to some form of child abuse? Actually, it likely is literally criminal to not report parents in certain laws if you suspect them of child abuse. In these cases one isn't challenging the parents, but protecting the children.

Again, I generally agree with your post for the most part, especially when moral relativity, individual rights, etc, come into play, but it is not that simple.

If we were talking Nazis here, I would have to agree. Even though I would consider that child abuse, the law,at least here in the US, would not.

Since we are talking Christians and Atheists, I believe you said you agree, in general, with me. I can live that. Thanks.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by davidhume1: 6:51am On Oct 24, 2013
Joshthefirst: I'm telling you. We're stopping murder and the guy is calling me a murderer and a demeaner. Smh

Yeah.
Lets say your wife gets rappped, i guess you'll raise the child as your own.
Its the christian thing to do ain't it? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by texanomaly(f): 7:33am On Oct 24, 2013
Morning
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by lanaVello1(m): 7:35am On Oct 24, 2013
your wife gets rap*d&pregnant,religion or not,abortion shud be d last thing you'd tell her to do. its not her fault neither is it the foetus' fault.
this is common sense and conscience in play here!
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by lanaVello1(m): 7:38am On Oct 24, 2013
just seeing dz now...somebody said somefin abt y GOD didnt prevent satan frm temptin man @eden. if GOD acted on your behalf ALWAYS and never gave u choice,u'd simply b a moronic robot. GOD made MAN & gave him d exclusive right 2 make CHOICE ALWAYS
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by lanaVello1(m): 7:42am On Oct 24, 2013
..just as he gave some of us d right to ignorantly choose to believe that GOD doesn't exist grin
think of it,he cud have changed every one of us' mind in hz a favour unda a sec bt dt wud only make us hz robots& he didn't. i tink dats COOL on His part!
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by lanaVello1(m): 7:44am On Oct 24, 2013
texanomaly: Morning
gud am!
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 7:57am On Oct 24, 2013
Good morning all.

Yes i said all, regardless of your religious preferences or better. lack of it.

smiley grin
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by wiegraf: 8:26am On Oct 24, 2013
texanomaly:

If we were talking Nazis here, I would have to agree. Even though I would consider that child abuse, the law,at least here in the US, would not.

Since we are talking Christians and Atheists, I believe you said you agree, in general, with me. I can live that. Thanks.

Cool. Don't misunderstand though, clearly not all xtians are comparable to NAZI. However, especially in this environment, quite a few are. And it's not a case of bad people just being bad, it's a case of good people being bad because of their religious beliefs.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by davidhume1: 9:51am On Oct 24, 2013
lana_Vello: your wife gets rap*d&pregnant,religion or not,abortion shud be d last thing you'd tell her to do. its not her fault neither is it the foetus' fault.
this is common sense and conscience in play here!

Common sense is sparing ur entire family d memory of the r*pe, which will be manifested in the child.

However, I'll take it back if you convince me that the standard practice amongst christian husbands is to raise the son of the man that rap*d their wives as their own.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 10:35am On Oct 24, 2013
david_hume:

Common sense is sparing ur entire family d memory of the r*pe, which will be manifested in the child.

However, I'll take it back if you convince me that the standard practice amongst christian husbands is to raise the son of the man that rap*d their wives as their own.
the fact that you still argue like this blindly and some people agree with you is horrifying. If a child is born of rape, raise the child as your own. Its not his fault. His life will testify of the forgiveness and forbearance of God in this sin-ridden world.
It is pathetic that you would even think of killing an innocent to spare you memory.

When God condemns a guilty, you cry "unjust" when God forgives the guilty, you cry "unjust"
And yet you will boldly kill an unborn child. Pathetic.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness / What Is Apostle Suleman's Benz GL 450 Doing In Daniel Okeke's House, Lol / Plaetton's Pantheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.