Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu (20887 Views)

Youths Protest Against Wike's "Hate Speech" In Ogoni - Photos / ''A Dwarf Cannot Rule Akure” – Youths Protest Against Deji-elect / Buhari’s Past Haunts: As Lagos Youths Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by sasifo(m): 2:26pm On Oct 27, 2013
Igbo people again. They like celebrating attrocious phenomenom and illgotten wealth. Their race will never smell Aso Rock as President till eternity.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 27, 2013
Do I really blame them? She spent N255 million out of the common wealth of all Nigerians, not of the eastern states. Do you now expect the Igbos to go against one of them, who's wasting Federal funds when they know every tribe is doing it?
Humans are naturally selfish and you can't really blame anyone for being tribalist.
Tribalism has eaten deep into all Nigerians so much that the situation is almost irreversible.
If the sitaution of this country will become better anytime soon, I suggest we collapsed the current state system, restructure it along ethnic line, let them run their governments independently, while we have a weak central government to perform oversee functions and be in charge of ministries like defence. That's when we can truly have a one Nigeria, until then, divided we're falling.

1 Like

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by sylvok: 2:29pm On Oct 27, 2013
Mekanus:

http://www.punchng.com/news/igbo-youths-stage-pro-oduah-protest-in-enugu/#comments

These guys must have been given some chicken change or are looking up for one
Anybody calling for the sack of madam Stella is only a bigot. When Festus Odumegwu exposed the Fraud in Nigerian Population census he was forced to resign and nobody talked. You all believe that sacking madam Stella is a just cause and when the just cause came knocking you were all lame ducks.
Madam Stella is going no where, hater go and hug transformer.
at the same time i want to commend the organizers of the protest that is what Nigeria need to correct anomallies not some useless folks that are internet warriors. lol

2 Likes

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Tolexander: 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2013
Blazinraj01:
grin... Reminds me of phl 104. Dr. Dipo Fashina GREAT JINGO
i didn't do the phl104 o, was into science.
Angola part 1 things taught me the fallacy cos i was just outspoken then. To win me, my room mates that did phil 104 would always go philosophical. That is how i was forced to read fallacy myself.
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Chubhie: 2:35pm On Oct 27, 2013
Tolexander: i didn't do the phl104 o, was into science.
Angola part 1 things taught me the fallacy cos i was just outspoken then. To win me, my room mates that did phil 104 would always go philosophical. That is how i was forced to read fallacy myself.
I don catch you.
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 27, 2013
sasifo: Igbo people again. They like celebrating attrocious phenomenom and illgotten wealth. Their race will never smell Aso Rock as President till eternity.

You better read and investigate things before you chat here.
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by immajames: 2:44pm On Oct 27, 2013
im really ashame of them. .tell me how can we move forward in this nation.obamas car is not as expensive as our own minister.if any group protest in suport of this satanic act. Then that person must be a criminaj.
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 27, 2013
immajames: im really ashame of them. .tell me how can we move forward in this nation.obamas car is not as expensive as our own minister.if any group protest in suport of this satanic act. Then that person must be a criminaj.

How is it your business? If Obama goes with keke, na how it take concern us?

guy everyone that has money will aim at big things

even pastors move on.jet
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Tolexander: 2:49pm On Oct 27, 2013
Ya. Am back
Promoe:
First you are guilty for the wrong use of Latin, and guilty of visceral Stella-phobia undecided
what is the wrong use of latin in trying to making you realize what you've fallen pray of?
I gat not phobia for the woman. Her existence to me is just like the remora-shark relationship. No pain, no gain!
Argumentum ad odium (appeal to spite) - What I said was not an attempt to tonguelash the opposing party, but the plain truth. After the OP had posted, he went ahead to say the youths were bribed. How did he came to such conclusion, if not for the same visceral hatred. NOT GUILTY!
you could have quoted the guy to show you were refering to someone. Notwithstanding, very obvious to the dead you were trying to tonguelash the yorubas and hausas. Moreover, are all the tribes you mentioned supporting her removal? [b]hasty generalisation

Argumentum ad misericordiam (appeal to pity) - Only the pitiable deserves pity, and Stella is not one of them. She is not even under pressure to perform. So this charge is out of place. NOT GUILTY!
what is her performance other than making enugu an international airport? Performance base on overseeing plane crashes?
Performance base on acquisition of cars like garage?

Put away your cloth of hatred and embrace the truth.[/b]
GOD will rather be a liar if what you call the truth is the real definition of truth.
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by pyx: 2:53pm On Oct 27, 2013
it is a normal thing in nigeria, many criminals have done same in the past and still have fools to match in defence but definately they will live to regret it.
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Tolexander: 2:53pm On Oct 27, 2013
Chubhie: I don catch you.
philosopher! I see you o.
I doff my cap for your field o.
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 27, 2013
pDude: The other day I was discussing with my wife and her mum and trying to convince them that the problem of Nigeria wasn't the leadership.

The problem of Nigeria is Nigerians themselves.

Imagine these Igbo youths protesting that a thief who has been shortchanging them should be reinstated. Choi! cry cry cry

I am ashamed to be Igbo at this point. Nigerians are content with their suffering so who am I to plead their case?

Me i waka commot from that sad place called Naija and glory be to God, my daughter's passport is not green like mine. grin grin grin

Do u plan to run and stay away 4eva?
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:56pm On Oct 27, 2013
That is so true.

See the Joke the British where having on the state of Nigeria Airport during the tenure of OBJ/FFK and subsequent Yaradua administration.

U people should go and give special thanks giving for Stella Odua as aviation minister the best minister of aviation this country ever produced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYZ8t4lRyj8

2 Likes

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 27, 2013
wazlee:

Do u plan to run and stay away 4eva?

Are you sure he is not in Nigeria.
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by DonaldGenes(m): 3:03pm On Oct 27, 2013
This Igbo people ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh na wa for 'em ohhhhhhhhhh always noisy and innocuously annoying
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 27, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: That is so true.

See the Joke the British where having on the state of Nigeria Airport during the tenure of OBJ/FFK and subsequent Yaradua administration.

U people should go and give special thanks giving for Stella Odua as aviation minister the best minister of aviation this country ever produced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYZ8t4lRyj8

Don't mind this Tribalistic good for nothing human beings.

1 Like

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 27, 2013
Donalð Genes: This Igbo people ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh na wa for 'em ohhhhhhhhhh always noisy and innocuously annoying

Then continue to be lazy and quiet and finally die in silence.

1 Like

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by ollyruffy: 3:06pm On Oct 27, 2013
Another rented people by Stella. Na wah for some youths sha. In 2013, you still allow yourselves to be used by these nigerian vampires (corrupt politicians). [email][/email]
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 27, 2013
pyx: it is a normal thing in nigeria, many criminals have done same in the past and still have fools to match in defence but definately they will live to regret it.

Exactly , even Bankole .........former house speaker is an Angel.

1 Like

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by cjrane: 3:09pm On Oct 27, 2013
sasifo: Igbo people again. They like celebrating attrocious phenomenom and illgotten wealth. Their race will never smell Aso Rock as President till eternity.

[size=14pt]Show us evidence that Stella Oduah put the money for the ministry in her account, and we shall come pack her things ourselves!
[/size]
Igbo President? Which Igbo man does not know Yoruba will always vote against them? Anyone stupidi enough to bank on yoruba votes deserve the disappointment they get. I can tell you that Igbo President will happen without yoruba vote.

Besides, do you ever think a yoruba will ever rule Nigeria again? The only way a yoruba (OBJ) was ever there was because Abdulsalam Abubakar wanted to placate yoruba for Abiola, thus put two yorubas as presidential aspirants at the same time. Do you think such anomaly can ever ever ever happen again even in 1 million years time?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by mrperfect(m): 3:10pm On Oct 27, 2013
Interesting one.
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by arsenalwenger: 3:12pm On Oct 27, 2013
98% of pple calling for stella's sack here are yorubas who wants the aviation ministry to be ran like Odua gruop of companies, but they got it wrong.

I have the opportunity to work for a bank where i open accounts for ex-staff of nigeria airways and discovered that over 75% are frm the southwest (any mature yoruba poster can prove me wrong). This alone is a massive corruption going by the federal character struture. Unfortunately this same pple ended up it ruining the avaition sector such that as at 2000 nigeria airways has no single plane.

Whats the cause? Corruption and mismanagement. Over the yrs this same pple have seen the avaition ministry as an annex of Odua investment co which must be ran by their pple at all cost hence their attack against any1 trying to alter the status-quo.

With the current development, it has become aparent that they are fighting a lost cause cos its not gonna remain busines as usual.

1 Like

Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Ferdinandu(m): 3:13pm On Oct 27, 2013
Eze Promoe: Who told you they were bribed?
Her good works is showing for her. She is loved by all Nigerians except for Hausas and Yorubas.
It is you and people like you with deranged brain that love her. Follow follow imbec1le.Those morons protesting in Enugu should better change that name that they are protesting with,because people that put their dirty hands in public purse should burn at the stakes first before i will support them.I think Ibo League of Morons will be suited for them.
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by debbleopto: 3:13pm On Oct 27, 2013
9ja_lyfe: http://saharareporters.com/news-page/efcc-discovers-1-billion-speaker-bankoles-proxy-account-uba-jonathan-wades-halt-his-arrest
By SaharaReporters, New York

SaharaReporters’ investigation of the outgoing Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole, has unearthed that he owns a startling $1 billion stashed away in a domiciliary account at the United Bank of Africa (UBA). Our investigations revealed that the account is being operated for Mr. Bankole by his Principal Officer, Maurice Ekpeyong.

The account was opened in 2009 and had since been operated on behalf of Bankole by Mr. Ekpeyong.

Our investigation confirms that the 41-year old outgoing Speaker had diverted funds into the account from budgetary allocations to the House of Representatives.

Sources at the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) told SaharaReporters that their investigators were stunned by the massive scale of Mr. Bankole’s money laundering activities. Two officials of the anti-corruption agency as well as a source in the Presidency disclosed that President Goodluck Jonathan was standing in the way of the EFCC’s plan to arrest Mr. Bankole in response to his latest scandal financial scam as well as a spate of other money laundering activities in their docket.

The outgoing Speaker, who has made extensive real estate deals since he became Nigeria’s fourth most powerful man, is considered to be one of the most corrupt officials in public service today in Nigeria.

He has grown immensely rich as Speaker, routinely using a variety of proxies in his extensive deals. Through such willing individuals, he has bought several houses in South Africa and the US.

The outgoing Speaker, who was trounced in his reelection bid, also recently bought the 32-storey NITEL building in Lagos for N4 billion, and is the owner of a N7 billion hotel resort undergoing construction in the Akodo area of Lekki in Lagos.

Our investigations revealed that one of Mr. Bankole’s key and most trusted money-laundering pals is Adenekan Gbadebo, the son of the Alake of Egbaland. Our sources disclosed that Mr. Gbadebo has helped Bankole move about $500 million through several bank accounts.

The Speaker and his father also recently completed seven duplexes after he tore down his father's old house in Abeokuta. Our investigations show that Mr. Bankole has built a huge mansion in Abeokuta that is completely hidden from the public through the use of tarps and construction covers.

In an investigative report in September 2010, Saharareporters had identified two ladies being used by Mr. Bankole in a N5 billion scam. The women, Angela Oselukwu and Uduak Akpan Israel, are now fugitives and have been declared wanted by the EFCC. They were involved in stealing N5 billion from the Rural Electrification Agency (REA).

Speaker Bankole and his siblings used the two fugitive women to open accounts at the UBA. Payments were then made into the accounts for the benefit of four companies belonging to the Bankoles: Vulysteke Metallic Construction Ltd, Parthenon Acropolis Nig. Ltd, Complete Trade Nig. Ltd, Zobra Global Services Ltd and F-Plus Concept Ltd.

As Speaker, Mr. Bankole was also notoriously embroiled in a N2.3 billion car scam as well as the misuse of the N9 billion capital budget of the House for 2008/2009.

Last year, the EFCC boss announced that the commission had concluded its investigation of the issue and sent its report to the presidency, but nothing further was heard from the presidency.

Mr. Bankole is also currently entrapped in another scandal in which he used the House of Representatives as collateral to obtain a personal loan of N10 billion from UBA. The loan is yet to be accounted for. The EFCC summoned Mr. Bankole to appear for interrogation last Thursday, but he did not show up. Instead, he sent a letter to the agency pleading that he was tied down by “inauguration” activities.

A baffling turn in the story is that the embattled Speaker has persuaded Mr. Goodluck Jonathan to order that the investigations against him be stopped. SaharaReporters learned today from different sources within the EFCC and the Presidency that Mr. Jonathan, who will be inaugurated tomorrow for a term of four years as President, assured the outgoing Speaker that he would prevail on the EFCC leadership to end the investigation against the speaker.

Mr. Jonathan’s intervention on behalf of the speaker contradicts pledges he made during his presidential election campaigns. Mr. Jonathan had vowed never to interfere with the work of any anti-corruption bodies.

actually Jonathan has said the nation's problem s not corruption but people (his opposition)
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 3:15pm On Oct 27, 2013
Well am not here to judge but then I think anybody that embezzles money needs to be sacked whether igbo, hausa, or yoruba the same should be done to all, I just pity for those that campaign for theives that are bent on looting funds and ure there putting ur lives at risk, let me ask the forum that went on protesting is ur life not worth more than itm stella oduah didn't renovate or upgrade our airports with her money its with the citizens money. Finish.
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by banki(m): 3:25pm On Oct 27, 2013
How is stella the best minister of avaition? The minesters that buit the airports she renovates are whhat?
You guys makke. Me sick one clown said she's trying to break "their"monopoly of the airlines by starting a national carrier,forgeting that arik aero and overland are owned by nigerdelta billoniers
The icao certification and. Alll. The accolades were ggot through the hardwork of. Harod damuren!
Why. Didn't thet protest baarth. Nnajis resiggnaton\sack
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Seriousbusiness: 3:25pm On Oct 27, 2013
chima12: The youths are right to protest in support of the minister because she has done nothing wrong.she did not embezel any money,rather some people are only accusing her of buying cars,which are normal official expenses.
Her only crime is that she took on the cabal that have been milking this country dry in the aviation sector and she upgraded Enugu airport to an international statust.The cabal, mostly people from southwest are responsible for so many false propaganda in the media aimed at tarnishing the good image of the minister and the Enugu international airport which happens to be the international airport for the SouthEast geopolitical zone.
The southwest has murtala mohd airport in lagos,the northeast has maiduguri airport,northwest has aminu kano airport in kano and sokoto airport,southsouth has Port Harcourt international airport,north central has nnamdi azikiwe airport Abuja while the SouthEast had no international airport,despite the bulk of international traveler being people from the SouthEast, which was against the spirit of fairness,,equity and federal character which Nigeria claims to uphold and practice.The minister decided to upgrade Enugu airport to an international airport to right a wrong situation.Now each geopolitical region has an international airport but the upgrade of Enugu airport has not gone down well with a section of Nigerians,who launched a campaign of propoganga in the media through newspapers such as punch,nation and on social media networks against the airport,and against the beautiful,serene,well planned city of Enugu.
The level of hypocrisy in Nigerians is so nauseating,here a minister is accused and not allowed to defend herself and media outlets are being bribed and used to attack her and attempts are made to tarnish her image,and they want her to resign even when there is no proof of wrong doing against her.Why would her ex-husband be interviewed by the press now?Are they just finding out that she has marital problems which by the way are personal issues that shouldn’t be any of our business?What has her marriage or marital status got to do with her job as minister of aviation?There are many women either divorced or separated who are doing well in there professional lives,madam Stellas case isn’t any different.She along with her enstranged husband have done well to keep their personal lives personal and to themselves,and out of the media.Their personal lives and right to privacy should be respected.
For those who have logs of wood in their eyes but are pointing at specks of dust in the eyes of the Igbo,here is a live case of a present,ungoing fraud, it concerns those of you from southwest,particularly lagos.This thread has been hidden in one dark corner of nairaland so that many wouldn’t see it,while others who have read it pretend not to know anything about it.

https://www.nairaland.com/1487441/lekki-toll-road-buy-back.......my

Lekki Toll Road Buy Back.......my Thoughts...by Senator Musiliu Obanikoro - Politics - Nairaland

Reasons Why Stella Oduah is being Persecuted - Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland[/color]
[color=#990000]
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/stella-oduah-must-punished/#sthash.9stA4re0.dpuf

https://www.nairaland.com/1492522/reasons-why-stella-oduah-being

So FAshola is angry because of the international air port in Enugu ...lol !!Nigeria is a land of zombies and magas.
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by nbisi: 3:39pm On Oct 27, 2013
Let us eschew this ethnicity of a thing, Prof. Dora the NAFDAC woman discharge her duties without favoritism which many toes where stepped and yet her section never deem it fit to buy her a bullet proof car even when she was attacked. But in d case of Oduah who r d people threatening her life dat she thinks bullet proof cars will save her..Let all b waken her quest for material things instigated her to do wot she is doing n not for security reasons.
Those youth should better go back to dere hostels and read their books instead of involving themselves in dis corruption game, while for the Chief wot do u expect y won't he politicize d whole thing....The truth have to b said if find guilty let her face the music
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Seriousbusiness: 3:42pm On Oct 27, 2013
pmc01: "Agbo, who is a student at the Institute of Management and Technology.....

.... Today, our airports can compete with airports in foreign countries."

A supposed Future Leader can be this dumb Is the use of Google banned in IMT? embarassed embarassed

"Foreign countries" like Togo? angry sad undecided

My bro u get sense die.U can imagine the protesters(Students from ImT).Na ASUU strike cause am,and boys must hursle to make some cash...lol ,very funny people.
Abeg no need to dey waist my precious time on this useless issues.
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by DonaldGenes(m): 3:48pm On Oct 27, 2013
Okpara-Jesus:

Then continue to be lazy and quiet and finally die in silence.

Is this the fo.ol i have the pleasure of wasting my megabyte replying? In as much as this your pent-up anger soar, we don't qive a F**k aaight? As if you and your "likes" like to talk i would help you to keep talking nonsense and that makes it easier how full of Shhhiiit you're..no carry this your yeye mentality enter south-south or dirty us with your ill mannered behavior in the case of silly and hogwash protest or else we gonna kick your black Negro azz~~~~~~It might interest you to know that we from south_south don't condone silly or corrupt behaviours in whatever ramifications_we hit the nail right on the head as it is, if someone is wrong,don't side him instead tell him he or she is wrong you qot that~~~~~~
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 27, 2013
banki: How is stella the best minister of avaition? The minesters that buit the airports she renovates are whhat?
You guys makke. Me sick one clown said she's trying to break "their"monopoly of the airlines by starting a national carrier,forgeting that arik aero and overland are owned by nigerdelta billoniers
The icao certification and. Alll. The accolades were ggot through the hardwork of. Harod damuren!
Why. Didn't thet protest baarth. Nnajis resiggnaton\sack
....spongeindaskull...
Re: Igbo-Youths Protest Against Oduah's Sack In Enugu by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 27, 2013
Okpara-Jesus:

How can we even know you are out of Nigeria?

Mu he he he he he he!

Trust me bruv, I am out of Naija. If you need proof, I will give you one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aliyu Ahmed El-Rufai Is Dead: El-Rufai's Brother Dies / EFCC Raids Ambode’s Residence / Port Harcourt Refinery Begins Refining Of 60,000 Barrels Per Day In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.