Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? (14531 Views)

Is It Advisable To Marry A Girl From A Broken Home? / Valentine Special For A Broken Hearted Female Romancelander. / How Does Height Affect Your Dating Decision? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Gamine(f): 10:36am On Jul 10, 2008
@Uchetobi

You have shown that the brokenness does affect.
but what one needs to have is the right people around.

Great
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by uchetobi(f): 11:02am On Jul 10, 2008
Yea
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Kajiang02(m): 12:14pm On Jul 10, 2008
dpends on indivdual and mindset built.
it cld go a long way in affecting the resp person bt
a diff approach in2 d mata will make d individual hu e wanna be
it either makes or mar u in d nearest future
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by origina9ja(f): 12:20pm On Jul 10, 2008
most people think it can undecided
but i think it depend on Individual
personal i dont think that should be an
excuse or a good justification to act funny or affect ur future romance
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by amaechijay: 1:05pm On Jul 10, 2008
@ Gamine

I don't know for him o. I felt that if he had no regard for my family that brought me up to his taste then there's no need to go on.

He was hurt but I didn't bulge
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Darlingmoi(m): 2:06pm On Jul 10, 2008
Solid or broken homes, a person has choices and as he/she grows up, they make those choices - for good or for bad. I've seen a lot of children that came out of broken homes make a success of their marriages and I've also seen children from solid homes whose marriages have hit the rock over and over again. Making the right choices is what I think life is all about.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by obyann(f): 2:10pm On Jul 10, 2008
Sisikill:

Think about it, a child misbehaves. . . a normal thing with ALL children but because he is from a broken home,  people around him look at him and say "Aww, he is acting up because his parents are divorced" so he doesn't get punished or not as severly as he should have been. He thinks to himself "Hmm, I am acting out because my parents are divorced". What does he do? Misbehaves some more but this time with the assurance of someone who now believes he has a reason to misbehave. Now flip it over to a kid who comes from an unbroken home, he misbehaves and before he can say Jack Robinson, he is punished and told that kind of of behavior is unacceptable. Do you think he'll do it again? of course he will, he is a kid after all BUT this time on the sly, peeking over his shoulder to make sure he doesn't get caught and punished again.

Not all children from unbroken homes are punished or beaten by their parents when they misbahaved. Their are homes where parents don't scold their children not to talk of beating them. They over pamper them.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by tpia: 2:58pm On Jul 10, 2008
Nigerians are too rigid when it comes to cultural issues.

yet when they date or marry non-Nigerians abroad, all these cultural norms and mores get thrown out the window.

But let them see a fellow Nigerian, then all the shakara comes into play.

"This one is from a broken home , so thats why I'm better and have to put up with their behavior, that one's mom or dad is a divorce/e, therefore I'm far better since my own home was a loving one, all that anger and rudeness is because s/he is from a broken home, even the way this person eats, is because thats how they eat in a broken home etc etc".

yeah right.

Most people abroad (foreigners), who are from broken homes, do not have any distinguishing characteristics that set them apart from others, as adults. In fact, many serial killers come from unbroken homes.

with all the unbroken homes in Nigeria, the political section is still full of people cursing and insulting the place.  And praising and blessing the west which is full of broken homes as well as kids and leaders who are the products of broken homes.  Isnt it these same people who are worshipping Obama? undecided
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Papito(m): 3:09pm On Jul 10, 2008
It ought not to affect, but a lot of people from such homes carries such mindset and view their future romance with that same direction intead of them to learn from it and act otherwise.

my lecturer told me then when i was in school that if i want to pick a lady for marriage, i must first all check the home she came from and the kind of life her monther is living. that is to say, if i am proud of her mother as a wife then i should go ahead and settle with her daughter.

Reasons= 75% of ladies character are from the monther
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by tpia: 3:24pm On Jul 10, 2008
right. wink

You can never have problems in marriage as long as you choose a lady whose mother you admire. undecided

Like I said, all these standards apply only when a Nigerian is marrying or dating another Nigerian.

The Nigerian bylaws and marriage guides mysteriously vanish when a Nigerian has his eye on a foreigner. In those cases, its the hair or skin color that's more important, not background. Even if the woman slaps you multiple times on the regular, na play.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Sisikill: 4:04pm On Jul 10, 2008
tpia:

Nigerians are too rigid when it comes to cultural issues.

yet when they date or marry non-Nigerians abroad, all these cultural norms and mores get thrown out the window.

But let them see a fellow Nigerian, then all the shakara comes into play.

"This one is from a broken home , so thats why I'm better and have to put up with their behavior, that one's mom or dad is a divorce/e, therefore I'm far better since my own home was a loving one, all that anger and rudeness is because s/he is from a broken home, even the way this person eats, is because thats how they eat in a broken home etc etc".

yeah right.

Most people abroad (foreigners), who are from broken homes, do not have any distinguishing characteristics that set them apart from others, as adults. In fact, many serial killers come from unbroken homes.

with all the unbroken homes in Nigeria, the political section is still full of people cursing and insulting the place. And praising and blessing the west which is full of broken homes as well as kids and leaders who are the products of broken homes. Isnt it these same people who are worshipping Obama? undecided
tpia:

right. wink

You can never have problems in marriage as long as you choose a lady whose mother you admire. undecided

Like I said, all these standards apply only when a Nigerian is marrying or dating another Nigerian.

The Nigerian bylaws and marriage guides mysteriously vanish when a Nigerian has his eye on a foreigner. In those cases, its the hair or skin color that's more important, not background. Even if the woman slaps you multiple times on the regular, na play.

ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY!!!

They date non-Nigerians who don't know her daddy but the good news is she in the process of finding out which one of her "4 uncles" is her daddy from the Maury Show. . . yet look their noses down on Nigerians whose parents are divorced.

They date non-Nigerians who has 3 kids from 3 baby daddies and has no qualms telling them "she don't need no man to take care of her babies because her mama di'ent need one neither and she got 7 babies. . . yet look down on Nigerians whose parents are divorced.

They date non-Nigerians who gon be straight with 'em upfront, he don't do marriage coz he seen how marriage messed up he daddy's live. . . yet they look down their noses on Nigerian who parents are divorced.

They date non-Nigerian who will has trust issues with men because when she was like 10, her father, who like left her mother for his secretary, promised he would like come see her ballet performance in The Nutcracker but like totally bailed on her. . . yet they look down on Nigerians whose parents are divorced.

Because only NIGERIAN children from the broken homes have problems.

*Rolleye*
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Gamine(f): 4:43pm On Jul 10, 2008
The Broken Home situation also applies to those
whose parents dont have a good relationship.

The bond between the parents is broken, therefore a broken home
even when they still live together
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Papito(m): 5:00pm On Jul 10, 2008
@gamine
i wil agree with that
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by esteffi: 5:15pm On Jul 10, 2008
i really dont think it'll affect future romance, it depends on the person if he or she allows himself to be a product of that.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by doe82: 5:29pm On Jul 10, 2008
Honestly,pple from broken homes are risk when it comes to marriage but that doesnt mean we dont have good ones.The reasons for such broken homes should be investigated before decisions are made.Again the personality of the parents and other conditions sorounding the childs growing period do make some difference.
If u have such friends they need encouragement!
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Gamine(f): 5:32pm On Jul 10, 2008
Encouragement to do what?
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by tpia: 5:35pm On Jul 10, 2008
thank you oh @ sisikill and estefi.

The fact is : if you're a Nigerian woman looking down on someone because he's from a broken home and therefore not good enough for you, know that when or if this same man goes abroad, 97% of the white or Black American women he meets, wont care if his parents are together or not. They'll marry him without batting an eyelid.

So when you're single and going on 40, thanking your stars that you didnt marry someone from a broken home (or maybe you're miserably married to/divorced from an "unbroken" home guy), the first guy from the broken home may be enjoying his own life where he is, with his two or more kids and his foreign wife who didnt hold him accountable for his parents lives.

One of my relatives who can't even speak standard Yoruba talkless good English, went abroad and today is married to a foreign woman who speaks better English than he does. Am sure in Nigeria some girls would have been looking down their noses at him for whatever reason. undecided
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by syren: 5:55pm On Jul 10, 2008
Papito:

It ought not to affect, but a lot of people from such homes carries such mindset and view their future romance with that same direction intead of them to learn from it and act otherwise.

my lecturer told me then when i was in school that if i want to pick a lady for marriage, i must first all check the home she came from and the kind of life her monther is living. that is to say, if i am proud of her mother as a wife then i should go ahead and settle with her daughter.

Reasons= 75% of ladies character are from the monther

Lies tongue
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Gamine(f): 5:58pm On Jul 10, 2008
The thing is, whats a Monther?
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by doe82: 6:13pm On Jul 10, 2008
I knmow its not easy to grow up in a broken home and its definetly not the child,s choice.They need to be encouraged and be given every emotional support.

@Syren I agree with you mothers play a greatv role in a girls life.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by tpia: 6:42pm On Jul 10, 2008
well, if someone finds a good man or woman, but wants to act uppity and picky for no other reason than because the person is from a broken home or their background isnt up to the required qualifications, karma may still come back to kick you in the behind sha.

Its not even advisable for anyone regardless of background, to enter a relationship with someone so shallow as to judge people based on that. undecided
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by syren: 6:47pm On Jul 10, 2008
doe82:

I knmow its not easy to grow up in a broken home and its definetly not the child,s choice.They need to be encouraged and be given every emotional support.

@Syren I agree with you mothers play a greatv role in a girls life.

you mean great as in good or great as in big?
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by francessby(f): 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2008
Coming from a broken home is not suppose to affect any future romance unless if you allowed it to weigh you down, you can move ahead with your love life
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by KarmaMod(f): 7:05pm On Jul 10, 2008
Lol @ tpia and SisiKill. So true.

Amazing how the single BA/Hispanic moms are apealing to these guys but once it's a single Naija mom, she's 'disgrace to womanhood unworthy of marriage"

It's amazing how these "men" worship anything foreign to the point of putting away their so called standards for them
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by doe82: 7:27pm On Jul 10, 2008
@Syren I mean GREAT deal of role.culd b good or bad depending on the mothers personality and circumstances.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by CH3COO(m): 7:31pm On Jul 10, 2008
Facts over diluted opinions.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by doe82: 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2008
CH3COO:

Facts over diluted opinions.
didnt get what u mean
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by syren: 7:41pm On Jul 10, 2008
doe82:

@Syren I mean GREAT deal of role.culd b good or bad depending on the mothers personality and circumstances.

ok, I see what your saying, but I actually disagreed with the argument that 75% of a girls character is from her mother it depends on how much the mother has had an influence on the daughter, if they are close then perhaps, but if they're not together then that wont be the case. cheesy
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by doe82: 7:50pm On Jul 10, 2008
@Syren

I agree that 75% is grossly an exaggeration especially in these days and times when girls spend most of their time in schools and campuses amongst friends of every character and background composition.But believe you me Mothers have a role to play in the satbility of their mothers marriage.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by syren: 8:10pm On Jul 10, 2008
doe82:

@Syren

I agree that 75% is grossly an exaggeration especially in these days and times when girls spend most of their time in schools and campuses amongst friends of every character and background composition.But believe you me Mothers have a role to play in the satbility of their mothers marriage.

you mean daughter's marriage? (if not never mind). But what the guy said about looking at a mothers marriage to determine if her daughter is marriable is complete nonsense to me. As it's been said b4, plenty of people grow up in stable homes but still get divorced. And people who grow up in broken homes can have happy marriages. If you could give an reason for why you feel that way It'll help. grin
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by doe82: 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2008
@ SYREN

D reasons are obvious baby, and u know that.I wwill tel 2 stories to illustrate my points but not now as I ve to get some jobs done.With them I believe u will get the trrue picture!
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by ssRhino: 8:42pm On Jul 10, 2008
Yes it does.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Does Looks Matter In A Relationship / Woman Busted By Husband On Radio Show (oh my gwad) / Can You Carry Your Wife's Or Girlfriend's Hand Bag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.